HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Remaining Free Agents

Old
08-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

vCash: 500
Remaining Free Agents

There are still some gritty and scrappy NHL-calibre guys available.

Jay Rosehill
Jim Vandermeer
Brad Winchester
Byron Bitz
Matt Bradley
Mike Commodore
Tom Kostopoulos

Some guys that will likely play the majority of the season in the AHL:

Eric Godard
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond
Fracis Lessard
D.J. King
Mike Duco
Troy Bodie

I think the first set of players will find their ways onto NHL rosters, while the second set will play in the minors. Feel free to add any players that I may have missed. Any predictions on where these players end up?

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2012, 01:56 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

I'm a little bit suprised that no team has signed Brad Winchester yet, If I was a GM I would sign Brad Winchester instantly (If the team was soft).

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
I'm a little bit suprised that no team has signed Brad Winchester yet, If I was a GM I would sign Brad Winchester instantly (If the team was soft).
Would've thought Winchester and Vandermeer would have signed with someone by now, too.

Old
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
newfy

Detroit only has 6 NHL dmen right now, and could decide they need to bring in a vet. Vandermeer could be that guy, especially since Detroit has been toughening up their roster it seems

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Detroit only has 6 NHL dmen right now, and could decide they need to bring in a vet. Vandermeer could be that guy, especially since Detroit has been toughening up their roster it seems
Vandermeer would be my first choice as our 6th/7th defenseman. 1 year, $1 mil. Knows his role and plays it well.

Old
08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
moog35

what happened to DJ King? he was awesome in St Louis and would go toe to toe against anyone and usually win, then he went to the caps and barely played and when he scrapped they were boring losses

moog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog35 View Post
what happened to DJ King? he was awesome in St Louis and would go toe to toe against anyone and usually win, then he went to the caps and barely played and when he scrapped they were boring losses
King is a classic example of the type of player that is being phased out. He's a pure enforcer. Doesn't skate particularly well, doesn't provide much offense, but fights. He played in the AHL last year, where he was sometimes a healthy scratch. I doubt he ever sees another regular season NHL game in his career. I'd like to see him make it back to the NHL, but the chances of that happening are slim.

Old
08-22-2012, 08:26 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
King is a classic example of the type of player that is being phased out. He's a pure enforcer. Doesn't skate particularly well, doesn't provide much offense, but fights. He played in the AHL last year, where he was sometimes a healthy scratch. I doubt he ever sees another regular season NHL game in his career. I'd like to see him make it back to the NHL, but the chances of that happening are slim.
his younger brother Dwight has to inspire him? D.J should be signed soon enough.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Bruise Bros 2426

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
his younger brother Dwight has to inspire him? D.J should be signed soon enough.
Where? I doubt he's in the NHL this year.

Old
08-30-2012, 07:28 PM
ninetynine*

So weird that Jay Rosehill hasn't be signed.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
So weird that Jay Rosehill hasn't be signed.
I agree. Rosehill is what teams should look for more in a fighter. Hes not the greatest fighter but can hang with the heavies, hes above average fast and this allows him to throw big hits and forecheck effectively. He'll get picked up for sure, even if its on a 2 way contract

newfy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Johnny Utah

Rosehill is probably the most likely to get picked up because he can play a bit and he is in his prime and could be had for cheap. Bitz can play too, but he has been injured for too long. Winchester is just not as active or that great of a fighter but he can play too, chip in a few goals and can fight the big guys too but only good for about 8-10 fights.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote