HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

What do you think the 2015-2016 roster will look like?

Old
09-23-2012, 09:35 PM
YotesFan47

vCash: 500
What do you think the 2015-2016 roster will look like?

I'm curious to see what our fans think the roster will look like, which prospects will make the jump? How far up the lineup will they get? Who do you think we will likely resign that is already on the team? Try and limit signings outside of the current coyotes franchise, as well as trades. Give feedback on why you think a player is going to make it as far as he does, and why other players will move down in the lineup. Keep in mind this is four seasons from now, that is a lot of time for some of our prospects to develop. Ill start us off.

Boedker - Vermette - Samuelsson
Miele - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Gordon - Hextall
Szwarz - Martinook - Doan
+Shinninmin, Lessio, Werek, Brown, Larraza

OEL - Ghormley
Yandle - Michalek
Rundblad - Stone
+Melindy, Murphy

Smith
Visentin/Domingue

Ill start off with the first line and work my way down. Barring a 1st line center becoming available via free agency or trading for one I could see Vermette still sitting as the 1a/1b center for us. He will be 34 which could prove rough but I wont speculate on who we could get to replace him, I don't think we have anyone in the system that could do it. The there is Samuelsson, this could be a stretch for him to be on the top line but hes a big bodied, well skilled power forward. At 22 its more likely for him to be on the 3rd or 4th line to finish development but Im going to be optimistic here, plus I don't care to speculate on who we would sign or trade for.

The second line is basically intact with Hanzal and Vrbata, and as I have said before I could see Miele being a top six player, but as a winger, not a center. I just get this feeling his size is going to make it hard on him to be a center at the NHL level. Regardless, he could preform well on that line, and I don't see his skill set holding him back.

Again, the third line would stay basically intact with Korp and Gordon except for the addition of Hextall. I think this kid will be a third or fourth liner in the NHL, should be good defensively and be a good checker, don't think he will add a lot of offense though.

The fourth line is a bit young with both Szwarz and Martinook, but with Doan getting older (39) and declined he could be a fantastic mentor to the two, this is also not to say that one or both of them haven't already been in the league for two-three years so we are not introducing two rookies. We would also have pretty good looking group of guys to fill in should they all follow the correct development path.

We would see the likes of Sullivan, Moss, Torres, Johnson, Chipchura, and Bissonnette leave via trade or FA.

Our first defensive paring would be OEL and Gormley, I don't think many of us would contest that Gormley wont make it to the NHL in the next two seasons so in four its not out of reach to say he could be the partner of OEL, though he would likely have to be moved to the right side. Our next pairing would consist of Yandle and Michalek. Pretty self explanatory there. After that we have a slew of players that by this time could be in the line-up, and many of which could be traded for picks, prospects, and players. I went with Rundblad and Stone. I feel the two would complement each other the best and give us the best chance to win. That leaves Murphy and Melindy as the 7th and 8th guys.

Summers, Schlemko, Klesla, Morris, and Goncharov would be traded or lost to FA.

Last is the goalies, unless Smith breaks down like he did in Tampa Bay (which I feel is unlikely), I think he will be our starting goalie with one of Visentin or Domingue backing him up. Lee will either bust or be traded.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 12:01 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Doan
Jokinen
Reinprecht
Mueller
Hanzal
Boedker
Lisin
Lindstrom
Turris
Tikhonov
Fedoruk
Carcillo

Jovanovski
Yandle
Michalek
Morris
Sauer
Hale

Bryzgalov
Tellqvist

...things change a lot and are impossible to predict.

09-24-2012, 12:05 AM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
****** roster from 3 years ago.
You really need to stop reminding me of those dark ages

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 02:38 AM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
...things change a lot and are impossible to predict.
Certainly so, but I was bored and thinking about how our prospects could turn out. Figured I would gauge others thoughts. This is more of a how good do you think our prospects will be in 4 years question than anything else, I just decided to add an extra element into the discussion for flavor.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Ufa-Vermette-Sammuelson
Brown-Martoonik-Doan
Kasey-ufa-Lessio

OEL-Gormley
Yandle-Stone
Summers-Rundblad

Im not saying stone will be better just the better pairing with yandle

Smith
Domingue

These are just shots in the dark. The only three forwards Id be surprised to not be on the team would be Doan, Hanzal, Boedker. As shown above things are likely to change significantly. It will be interesting to see who makes the jump.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Boedker-Hanzal-Vrbata
Ufa-Vermette-Sammuelson
Brown-Martoonik-Doan
Kasey-ufa-Lessio

OEL-Gormley
Yandle-Stone
Summers-Rundblad

Im not saying stone will be better just the better pairing with yandle

Smith
Domingue

These are just shots in the dark. The only three forwards Id be surprised to not be on the team would be Doan, Hanzal, Boedker. As shown above things are likely to change significantly. It will be interesting to see who makes the jump.
Domingue over Visentin? Interesting. How come?

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Nobody sees Michalek staying?

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
Domingue over Visentin? Interesting. How come?
Just more because things rarely turn out the way we hope.

We were suppose to have Wheeler, Mueller and Turris tearing it up along with Lisin and Tikhonov. I expect Visentin to be the backup.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2012, 11:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Nobody sees Michalek staying?
When was the last time Maloney dealt someone from the roster who did not have an expiring contract contract?

He doesn't seem to do so very frequently.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote