Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

vCash: 500
I don't think they lose to Miami twice, or the 49ers.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:10 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

People blaming the defense for the loss need to get a clue btw.

1-6 in RedZone TD conversion. That's 17% folks. Not to mention BRADY took at least 6 points off the board with the INT and the intentional grounding.

yes our secondary is bad, we all know that. But Brady is the story in this game by far. He was abysmal after the 1st quarter. And while I'm at it, why the **** is McDaniels throwing the ball 60 times? Yeah the running game wasn't nearly as good as it had been the past 2 weeks, but when they were running the ball, it kept the defense honest. They ran the ball honestly, I think maybe 10 times in the 2nd half, and seemingly not at all in the 4th quarter.

Which leads me to another point. This team is absolutely terrible at putting other teams away. They have a 6 point lead halfway through the 4th, and they can't even get into FG range? Or burn the clock? It seems every other team in the league can do it except the Patriots, and it's ******* frustrating.

Finally, Brady is an elite, HoF QB. We all know that. I swear the guy does not know the intentional grounding rule.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Someone's a pessimist...

The cards and Hawks are good teams with elite defenses. It happens. We have the potential to run the table from here on out.
I doubt they beat Houston.

The HOU/BAL game next week will tell me a lot about the Texans, but right now I think they are the most complete team in the league. The Falcons are good, but they play in a horrible division, and really are lucky to be 6-0 instead of 4-2, or even 3-3 considering how they've played the past the past 3 weeks.

Old
10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Johnnyduke

JRull, you can't have it both ways. Part of not being able to close out these wins has to do with the defense always giving up the go ahead score late in the 4th quarter. It's like clockwork.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Mr Cartmenez

It's pretty sickening that the deficit of our 3 losses is like 5 points...COMBINED. 3 different plays and we are perfect right now, at least 2 of them were fairly easy (Cardinals and today).

But it's the new story of this team, I don't have any faith in them come the last minutes of a game. Again...I knew to 99% that the Giants would be winning this years Superbowl after Welker dropped the ball.
They can't put opponents away and it's not only the fault of the defense. It's a mix of both worlds.
The defense doesn't win us lots of games on their own, basically none over the last couple of years, but the Offense is just not getting the job done when it counts...and that's pretty sad considering the team was known to being pretty clutch just 6-7 years ago.

We've choked away too many games after 05, almost impossible to count them anymore. It has cost us 2 SB-titles, 1 perfect season and another trip to the SB.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Mione134

The secondary needs serious help period. Its not that they don't lack talent, its just not enough, or lack of coaching.

They need a vet back there or something because we are getting screwed.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Someone's a pessimist...

The cards and Hawks are good teams with elite defenses. It happens. We have the potential to run the table from here on out.
if you think that secondary can beat a smart take what they give you Alex smith, and Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson your nuts.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:42 PM
EverettMike

Predicting a sweep by Miami, especially with the last game of the season at Foxboro, is crazytown.

Old
10-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Losing to the Jets?

LMAO get outta here

only REAL challenges I see are Houston & SF

Old
10-14-2012, 09:00 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Losing to the Jets?

LMAO get outta here

only REAL challenges I see are Houston & SF
Every AFC East game will be a challenge.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini0518 View Post
Is there any doubt that they need to spend a HIGH FIRST round pick on a corner? Enough of these late first or 2nd/3rd round who only belong in Nickel packages on most teams.

Easier said than done. You're right- the team has simply got to get a legit CB someway, somehow.

That said- landing the kind of top-10 pick you need to get the top-flight corners available in a given draft class is pretty hard to do. Patriots would have to luck into an early 1st by virtue of trading a 2nd for a 1st and then having that team implode the following year.

Pats are probably better off targeting a good, solid and most important of all- proven corner via free agency or trade.

BB and his crew can't seem to ID legitimate talent at corner. I mean- there are guys to be had in the late 1st/2nd and later rounds, but it seems like New England has been unable to uncover those guys whereas other teams can.

I don't know how they fix it, to be honest. What they really need is a Wes Welker-like trade for a young DB just coming into his own. Talk about easier said than done... But, even so, that kind of potential franchise-shaping move is more realistic, IMO, than what it would cost for the Pats to move into the early 1st via trade.

Patriots are way too good to ever be in the running for first dibs on the accepted top corner talent in the forseeable future as far as drafts go. And to be honest- given the team's inability to effectively scout and draft impact cover men via draft, not sure I would feel secure with the pick, even if a consensus player coming out of the NCAA. Would rather see NE roll the dice with someone who has at least a body of work in the NFL.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:04 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
if you think that secondary can beat a smart take what they give you Alex smith, and Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson your nuts.
Andre "4 catcher per" and Owen Daniels are who you are worried about. If we lose that game it is going to be because Foster goes off or their D wins them the game.

I am so worried about Alex Smith and those alarmingly high passing numbers he has. Oh wait, he is project for 20 turnovers this year. Not. Worried. At. All.

Their D is also a different story though.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Habs killer

the conservative run approach to shed time off the clock like the pats have a power run game & against excellent run D, wake up. How many last possession games are they going to get burned on? Can count on the D to make a stop. offense left way too many plays on the field. shut branch down asap.

Old
10-15-2012, 10:41 AM
CDJ*

It was loud, so their no huddle couldn't get in a rhythm. Otherwise, I feel as if we would have kept Irvin on the field and ran the ball down his throat. Disappointing...

Old
10-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I think it was funny seeing a Bills fan talking **** about the Pats on twitter to that one Seahawks CB.

Considering the Bills gave up a combined 97 points in week 4 and 5

Old
10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

One thing people haven't taken into account is its SF vs. NE IN NE during December. Now I live just outside of SF and I can tell you yes it gets cold out here but not NE cold. So I think weather will be a factor.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
One thing people haven't taken into account is its SF vs. NE IN NE during December. Now I live just outside of SF and I can tell you yes it gets cold out here but not NE cold. So I think weather will be a factor.
Maybe if SF was a finesse team I'd put more weight in this, but they aren't, not to mention they are one of the few west coast teams that travels to the east coast fairly well.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Our DB coaches need to fired right now they clearly do not know how to teach I would bet everything I have that if TY Law was our DB coach we would be a top 15 pass defense not #32

Our coaches have no clue what to do absolutly no clue Arrington has regressed this year the same McCourty did year one to two.

If we just play cover 2 all year we would be better off.

We need to blitz a lot more Mayo and Spikes can be good on the blitz Jones has been really good at getting to the passer a sack per game but we need more.

AND btw when brady has a bad bad game and we still get 24 points against the # 27 ranked offence we should still pull it out

Old
10-15-2012, 03:21 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Ray Lewis has a complete tear of his triceps and is out for the season. Crazy. Tough loss for Baltimore.

I am Boston Strong

Old
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Ray Lewis has a complete tear of his triceps and is out for the season. Crazy. Tough loss for Baltimore.
They must be hoping Suggs returns at full strength, not that they weren't before, but even more so now.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:57 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Maybe if this were 5 years ago, but realistically, he's been less than ordinary out there this year. He's been slow, missed tackles, and even if his replacement isn't "Ray Lewis", the drop off won't be that drastic, IMO.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Maybe if this were 5 years ago, but realistically, he's been less than ordinary out there this year. He's been slow, missed tackles, and even if his replacement isn't "Ray Lewis", the drop off won't be that drastic, IMO.
Emotional life of that team though, tough loss.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Emotional life of that team though, tough loss.
Don't worry, as long as cameras are still around the team so will Ray Lewis.

Old
10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Didn't that happen to Ted Johnson? I remember someone describing it rolling up into his armpit like a window shade.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:00 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
I doubt they beat Houston.

The HOU/BAL game next week will tell me a lot about the Texans, but right now I think they are the most complete team in the league. The Falcons are good, but they play in a horrible division, and really are lucky to be 6-0 instead of 4-2, or even 3-3 considering how they've played the past the past 3 weeks.
Houston is the most complete team in the league?

They have the league's easiest schedule. The Packers had their way with them last night. Granted, the Pack was desperate for a win, but they were the first truly GOOD team that the Texans have faced. And they crumbled.

They'll make the post-season for sure. They may even have the best point differential in the NFL at season's end. But they'll be gone in the first game of the playoffs. I'd put money on the Ravens next week.

Closed Thread