HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
  #326
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Houston is the most complete team in the league?

They have the league's easiest schedule. The Packers had their way with them last night. Granted, the Pack was desperate for a win, but they were the first truly GOOD team that the Texans have faced. And they crumbled.

They'll make the post-season for sure. They may even have the best point differential in the NFL at season's end. But they'll be gone in the first game of the playoffs. I'd put money on the Ravens next week.
NO GREAT TEAMS THIS YEAR.

Pats still have as good a shot as anybody in the NFL, especially since the road through the AFC is easier.

Hell, even as bummed out as I am with this team, with no replacement refs they are 5-1 and the "class" of the AFC.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:36 PM
  #327
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Houston is the most complete team in the league?

They have the league's easiest schedule. The Packers had their way with them last night. Granted, the Pack was desperate for a win, but they were the first truly GOOD team that the Texans have faced. And they crumbled.

They'll make the post-season for sure. They may even have the best point differential in the NFL at season's end. But they'll be gone in the first game of the playoffs. I'd put money on the Ravens next week.
The only thing that makes me nervous about Houston is Foster, and even then our D has been pretty good and consistent in stopping the run this year.

Johnson hasn't had an impact year by any means and one of their best D players (Cushing) might be out for a long time IIRC. Pittsburgh is aging and doesn't ground and pound the ball like they used to which is probably the reason they are pretty crappy right now. The only team that I'm worried about is the Ravens.

Confound is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:58 PM
  #328
Hnidy Hnight
Registered User
 
Hnidy Hnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North of Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 500
New York sent a pretty big message to the league yesterday. When the chips are on the table, they're the most complete team

Hnidy Hnight is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
  #329
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,039
vCash: 500
I beat the guy I faced in fantasy this week by over 70 points. I almost feel bad.

Kate08 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 06:35 AM
  #330
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Emotional life of that team though, tough loss.
You must actually mean he's a complete blow hard, all for show, fake, total shell of himself, right?

If they get Suggs back in the next couple of weeks, they'll be fine. The bigger issue for them is losing Webb. With Webb all done, they got to Jimmy Smith as their starter. That's a pretty big drop off right there and far more impact than anything Lewis would offer on the field, despite his super nifty pregame dance they always show on TV.

LSCII is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
  #331
CDJ
Registered User
 
CDJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Cape Cod
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
New York sent a pretty big message to the league yesterday. When the chips are on the table, they're the most complete team
At first I thought you were talking about the Jets

Got a bit worried for a sec.

CDJ is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:33 AM
  #332
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Houston is the most complete team in the league?

They have the league's easiest schedule. The Packers had their way with them last night. Granted, the Pack was desperate for a win, but they were the first truly GOOD team that the Texans have faced. And they crumbled.

They'll make the post-season for sure. They may even have the best point differential in the NFL at season's end. But they'll be gone in the first game of the playoffs. I'd put money on the Ravens next week.
Up until the GB game, they looked a lot better than they played? I dunno, losing Cushing is a huge loss for them, they look vastly different on D.

JRull86 is online now  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
  #333
JRull86
Formerly Guiledoom
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Bing, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
You must actually mean he's a complete blow hard, all for show, fake, total shell of himself, right?

If they get Suggs back in the next couple of weeks, they'll be fine. The bigger issue for them is losing Webb. With Webb all done, they got to Jimmy Smith as their starter. That's a pretty big drop off right there and far more impact than anything Lewis would offer on the field, despite his super nifty pregame dance they always show on TV.
In terms of on field stuff, yes you are right, Webb is a far larger blow than Lewis. But my point was, a guy like that is still a big loss just because of how that team props him up to be this god-like player. We'll see.

JRull86 is online now  
Old
10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
  #334
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 21,129
vCash: 500
That will give Lewis time to find his missing white suit.

Fire Sweeney is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:08 PM
  #335
Alicat
City of Champions!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Titletown
Country: United States
Posts: 24,449
vCash: 500
Some guy on T & R suggested that the Patriots either bring Mangini back or hire Sexy Rexy when he gets fired from NY to help our secondary.

I am amazed they haven't brought in Ty Law as a coach as he's still in the area.

__________________
The Butler did it. In the end zone. With a pick!

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
  #336
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
In terms of on field stuff, yes you are right, Webb is a far larger blow than Lewis. But my point was, a guy like that is still a big loss just because of how that team props him up to be this god-like player. We'll see.
I get what you're saying. I just think that with his very obvious drop off in play (this year especially), his loss from an on the field perspective will be minimal, despite the media holding him up and acting like he's the same player he once was. He's not. He's still a great presence, but his on the field contributions are nowhere close to what they were.

LSCII is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:42 PM
  #337
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,811
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Up until the GB game, they looked a lot better than they played? I dunno, losing Cushing is a huge loss for them, they look vastly different on D.
The Dolphins, The Jets, Denver, Jacksonville and Tennessee... A couple of .500 hopefuls and a couple of boners.

I knew Green Bay was going to pound 'em and they did. If you don't play against contending teams, how do you figure you're a contending team? Most clubs are going to put up decent records against others who are .500 and under.

Although, if Houston comes in and plays a competitive game against Baltimore, I'll change my tune a bit.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:47 PM
  #338
Therick67
Registered User
 
Therick67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
That will give Lewis time to find his missing white suit.
I think he donated that to charity.

Therick67 is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 12:53 PM
  #339
Pie O My
Registered User
 
Pie O My's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shawmut Center
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
The Dolphins, The Jets, Denver, Jacksonville and Tennessee... A couple of .500 hopefuls and a couple of boners.

I knew Green Bay was going to pound 'em and they did. If you don't play against contending teams, how do you figure you're a contending team? Most clubs are going to put up decent records against others who are .500 and under.

Although, if Houston comes in and plays a competitive game against Baltimore, I'll change my tune a bit.
i've followed the "quality standings"on this site for years. It's not perfect, but it does tell an interesting tale.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/7/QS/

Pie O My is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:00 PM
  #340
Bruinsforlife89
Registered User
 
Bruinsforlife89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 500
Damn the giants redskins ending is good

Bruinsforlife89 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:31 PM
  #341
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,475
vCash: 500
yup this is the new patriots way throwing away timeouts did it three times in seattle not even 2 minutes into this one we cant even get the ****ing punting unit out.

Kelly23 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:37 PM
  #342
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Dowling.....

Confound is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:39 PM
  #343
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Get rid of Arrington

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:40 PM
  #344
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew
 
Kelly23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 5,475
vCash: 500
6 pass atempts for the jets only one route under the first down coverd by a linebacker that was even close to being coverd.

Touchdown in 3 2 1 Vegas is so stupid how do you give a team with the worst secondary in the history of football a chance for a blowout win I got the Jets in a close one becuase the Patriots do not know how to stop the worst QB in the league let alone the 4th worst in sanchez.

Kelly23 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:42 PM
  #345
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Greene!

Great for my FFB, if anyone is gonna score it better be Greene!

Confound is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
  #346
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Hope they have Chandler Jones retro jersey on NFL.com by christmas

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
  #347
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 25,396
vCash: 500
How is this d getting worse?

Year after year and it just doesn't get better.

EverettMike is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:45 PM
  #348
BruinsPortugal
Registered User
 
BruinsPortugal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Portugal
Country: Portugal
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Defensive genius they say...lol

BruinsPortugal is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:45 PM
  #349
Confound
-Vindicated-
 
Confound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 17,690
vCash: 500
Mccourty!!!!!!!!!!!

All the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confound is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
  #350
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,562
vCash: 450
Haha, McCourty should be a ****ing halfback, he'd find the holes no problem.

BLASPHEMOUS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.