HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dumbest hockey fan on WFAN last night.

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2005, 04:59 PM
NYR2

vCash: 500
Dumbest hockey fan on WFAN last night.

This guy, I swear he had to be the dumbest person to ever call that station to talk about hockey. I wish I had recorded it so I could give a transcript because it was pretty dumb.

It was about after 4am last night and I flipped on WFAN and I hear this guy talking about how the NHL should just fold all the Canadian teams, "let them do their own thing", because the economics just aren't good (up there in Canada I assume he meant).

But when Chris Carlin was like, Well you just can't fold all the Canadian teams. And why would you do that anyway? It's their sport, it came from there, why in the world would you do that? So the caller was like, Well then maybe keep Montreal and Toronto if they can afford it. What the hell?

Then he made a comment about Buffalo, I didn't hear if he wanted them to fold also or not but he said something like, No one will remember the Buffalo Sabres anyway. It really just made no sense at all.

I think I sat there for a few minutes after the call ended just totally dumbfounded at the things this guy said. I've never called in to there but I almost did last night to blast this guy because I was so annoyed by his stupid comments lol. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Ranger fan, thank God.

Old
01-27-2005, 05:10 PM
Balej20*

there are some dumb people that call during the over night, i listen every night from 1-around 3:30. You got some pweird people calling in. Ever since Benigo left over night, i havent listened much...We could use more hockey talk on that station though, atleast Joe used to talk about hockey, carlin doesnt know the first thing.

Old
01-27-2005, 05:20 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
I miss Beningo too on the overnight show. It just isn't the same. I have also noticed the drop in quality calls on the overnight show, Beningo had a loyal following of knowledable sport fans...

Old
01-27-2005, 05:26 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
I miss Beningo too on the overnight show. It just isn't the same. I have also noticed the drop in quality calls on the overnight show, Beningo had a loyal following of knowledable sport fans...
I loved his show, he was great. The best on that station in my opinion. And I agree about his callers.

Old
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
I loved his show, he was great. The best on that station in my opinion. And I agree about his callers.
oh without a doubt the best on the station. His day show should be alone, Sid Rosenberg is a joke, Joe basically runs the show anyway.

Old
01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Choice

Putting him with Sid Rosenberg is a mistake. That guy is an idiot and he drags Benigno down.

Old
01-27-2005, 05:45 PM
AzWeThInKwEiZ

carlin knows a little about hockey, I believe he is an Islander fan, I dont blame anyone on the fan for not talking hockey right now, and Beninigo is my all-time favorite especially cause he is a diehard ranger fan

Old
01-27-2005, 06:26 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

God, i hope that guy's not a Leafs' fan

Old
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml_4ever
God, i hope that guy's not a Leafs' fan
He brought up the Devils and Islanders as two small market teams that need to be playing right now, so I'm guessing one of those two teams. I'm leaning more towards Islander fan. Devil fans don't really care enough when hockey is actually being played, and Islander fans..well ya know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
oh without a doubt the best on the station. His day show should be alone, Sid Rosenberg is a joke, Joe basically runs the show anyway.
I haven't listened to Joe since he started with Sid, I don't even know when the move happened, but I have listened to Sid before and he just got on my last nerve. I'd rather listen to Russo whine about the Yankees and Steinbrenner (something I haaaate) than listen to Sid.

Old
01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
I haven't listened to Joe since he started with Sid, I don't even know when the move happened, but I have listened to Sid before and he just got on my last nerve. I'd rather listen to Russo whine about the Yankees and Steinbrenner (something I haaaate) than listen to Sid.
I seriously do not know how he still has a job with that station (Sid). Jody McDonald is better than him. Or give Steve Somers the spot back. The Sweater and the Schmoozer. I loved that show, listened everyday. It was like all hockey talk.

Old
01-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

what ever happend to jody mac?

I missed out on why he left?

Old
01-28-2005, 11:41 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

What slot is Joe in?

Old
01-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwisshockeyAcademy
What slot is Joe in?
the 10 AM slot, 10 - 2 or 3 i believe.

Old
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
This guy, I swear he had to be the dumbest person to ever call that station to talk about hockey. I wish I had recorded it so I could give a transcript because it was pretty dumb.

It was about after 4am last night and I flipped on WFAN and I hear this guy talking about how the NHL should just fold all the Canadian teams, "let them do their own thing", because the economics just aren't good (up there in Canada I assume he meant).

But when Chris Carlin was like, Well you just can't fold all the Canadian teams. And why would you do that anyway? It's their sport, it came from there, why in the world would you do that? So the caller was like, Well then maybe keep Montreal and Toronto if they can afford it. What the hell?

Then he made a comment about Buffalo, I didn't hear if he wanted them to fold also or not but he said something like, No one will remember the Buffalo Sabres anyway. It really just made no sense at all.

I think I sat there for a few minutes after the call ended just totally dumbfounded at the things this guy said. I've never called in to there but I almost did last night to blast this guy because I was so annoyed by his stupid comments lol. And I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Ranger fan, thank God.
Some people should not open their mouth if they dont know what there talking about, i mean you call up a station like WFAN and talk crap like that? how was he 12?

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 01-29-2005 at 12:49 PM.
Old
01-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Hire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
the 10 AM slot, 10 - 2 or 3 i believe.
10-1. Mikey and Chrissy are 1-6.

Old
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

What happened to Jody Mac????

Help me out man! or woman!

Old
01-29-2005, 11:27 PM
tml_4ever
It's Chaotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Some people should not open their mouth if they dont know what there talking about, i mean you call up a station like WFAN and talk crap like that? how was he 12?
nope, he was 10

Closed Thread