Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 444
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
BTW, is Heikki Miettinen related to Antti?

Old
01-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
BTW, is Heikki Miettinen related to Antti?
Not likely, no. There's a big age difference and Miettinen is quite common surname in Finland.

01-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

vCash: 500
quite a common*

Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Great success!

Old
01-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
quite a common*
**** off.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:28 AM
Nsjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
**** off.
awesome.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:19 AM
MMANumminen

Old
01-21-2013, 03:26 AM
QnebO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zou View Post
No after watching both Minnesota games i think Granlund is little bit out of the game when our team has the puck. In my mind is taking about five games and then really starts to happen
It looks like he's clearly taking defense first in many situations even more than before when he was playing center.. hes playing in corners and in front of he's own net, and comes late in the offensive zone. I didin't wach any AHL, but also line mates seems just to shoot from everywhere many times if they have the puck, so it might be litle new for him maybe?

It doesn't look bad, not at all. He just isn't putting so much risk for the offenses sake. And the whole line seems to just be trying to keep it as simple as possible..

Last edited by QnebO: 01-21-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 04:18 AM
hirawl
Used Register

vCash: 400
He's been very good along the boards. Showing nice skills poking the puck and anticipating where it's going to be. Very smart and not shy at all.

He's going to take a lot of guy by surprise with his play in the corners/along the boards.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Not likely, no. There's a big age difference and Miettinen is quite common surname in Finland.
Yeah I had a little chuckle when our NCO was doing head count first time for the whole company "Miettinen... Miettinen... Miettinen...".

Obligatory Bueller clip even though its not that related.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:21 AM
GranlundMagic

2 games played now and it seems Granlund doesn't take any risks and plays really defensive game. Yeo must have told how he would like to see Granny play but I don't like it. Don't misunderstand me I like his defensive game this far but I don't think second line should play that defensively.

Granlund is a real threat in the offensive zone if you give him the puck and linemates who can crash to the net and give simple passes. Now he plays really safe game and his linemates always shoots the puck or give a bad pass in the offensive zone which leads to turnover. In my opinion he needs even one linemate who can battle and win pucks in the corners and cycle that puck to him. And I also think he should carry that puck more instead of giving simple easy pass straight away and he should try to challenge and hustle with the puck more.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranlundMagic View Post
2 games played now and it seems Granlund doesn't take any risks and plays really defensive game. Yeo must have told how he would like to see Granny play but I don't like it. Don't misunderstand me I like his defensive game this far but I don't think second line should play that defensively.

Granlund is a real threat in the offensive zone if you give him the puck and linemates who can crash to the net and give simple passes. Now he plays really safe game and his linemates always shoots the puck or give a bad pass in the offensive zone which leads to turnover. In my opinion he needs even one linemate who can battle and win pucks in the corners and cycle that puck to him. And I also think he should carry that puck more instead of giving simple easy pass straight away and he should try to challenge and hustle with the puck more.
He has played 2 NHL games. The pace there is about 10-20% higher than in AHL or SM-league games, and the rink is smaller. He has played 2 real games with his linemates. And Wild plays kind of a trap system. I doubt its Yeo's doing that he is being cautious, nor his linemates fault that their offense hasn't clicked yet (Cullen could/should be swapped imo).

Old
01-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Sharppi
#FreeMattCooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranlundMagic View Post

I disagree with you here. I think Granlund is playing to his strengths here and fits quite well there with Setoguchis newfound netcrashing and physical game. I'd love to see Cullen changed though, preferably to a Zuckerlike player. Would be awesome. I believe that Granlund will play some more games quite defensively due to the adjusting to tempo of NHL.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:50 AM
b0rn2beWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirawl View Post
He's been very good along the boards. Showing nice skills poking the puck and anticipating where it's going to be. Very smart and not shy at all.

He's going to take a lot of guy by surprise with his play in the corners/along the boards.
That's true but not surprise for me or finnish hockey fans overall. He's very smart and slippy along the boards and will acquire many penalties for opponents in future.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:16 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Stamps, paparazzis.. that's nothing yet.

St Mikael's Church:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keminmaa_StMikaelChurch.jpg‎ (121.7 KB, 9 views)

Old
01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I disagree with you here. I think Granlund is playing to his strengths here and fits quite well there with Setoguchis newfound netcrashing and physical game. I'd love to see Cullen changed though, preferably to a Zuckerlike player. Would be awesome. I believe that Granlund will play some more games quite defensively due to the adjusting to tempo of NHL.
This....and I think (hope) we'll see that soon.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

Cullen is not helping Granlund at all, except when Granlund is tossed out of faceoffs.

Setoguchi, on the other hand, has been really good at playing physical, crashing the net, and chasing for loose pucks.

Zucker-Granlund-Setoguchi could be a really good line.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
SureBabyYes

Quote:
Zucker and Granlund didn't really seem to hit it off in Houston though...

Old
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Generic User
Lafferty, Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
They were lethal together in Houston -- whenever they were on the same line.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
pbunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustaf View Post
I watched 6 or 7 aeros games. Not much but what i saw was more that zucker fit with both granlund and larrson. So they spread the O

Old
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
I thought Zucker and Coyle looked pretty good together.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Beegoalie

The offense will come..find it wierd people are complaining he is too defensive at this point?? That will give Yeo confidence going forward with him for the rest of the year in all situations.

Im more than pleased with his defensive game and even last night his line had some very good offensive shifts, alot that were started by him making plays on the boards or winning races/battles to pucks.

His offensive game will only shine more and more as the season goes on. Especially if he can get on that top PP unit somehow.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:06 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Already won 2 games and we're far from what I would call clicking (besides PP) so I think we'll be ok. Just need more time to gel.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:53 PM
forthewild

i'd give Granlund 10 games before i expect seeing him play really well, there is a feeling out period, and there is getting your game legs under you. the road trip will tell us quite a bit about his adjustment.

In all honesty i'm impressed with him, he was playing safe game 1, game 2 he started player better and his skating seems just fine for the NHL.

Really excited for the game tomorrow, i hope Dumba gets at least one game. wanna see Dumba55

Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
TwInS1095

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
i'd give Granlund 10 games before i expect seeing him play really well, there is a feeling out period, and there is getting your game legs under you. the road trip will tell us quite a bit about his adjustment.

In all honesty i'm impressed with him, he was playing safe game 1, game 2 he started player better and his skating seems just fine for the NHL.

Really excited for the game tomorrow, i hope Dumba gets at least one game. wanna see Dumba55
Me too. Skating is better than I expected by reading a lot of HFboards posters, but I guess that should be expected with the general attitude of HFboard posters and they tendency to overreact (good and bad)

Good, strong, and responsible defensively. Not afraid to block a shot. He's really hustled on the back check and has been probably our best player at getting in passing lanes and creating turnovers (picking guys) in my opinion. (Didn't see as much of the 2nd game as I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and with the general commotion and since I was with friends I wasn't watching that closely)

We haven't seen him use the shot that much, but he hasn't been afraid to fire it, just hasn't gotten it through yet.

Obviously, the vision and passing ability has been flashing like we knew it would.

I'm also presently surprised by his cycle/corner play. He's relatively strong down there on his stick even as a young/small guy adjusting to play and probably still getting back to top shape after his earlier injury.

Closed Thread