HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

season looks like it's over...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2005, 12:47 PM
  #1
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
season looks like it's over...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...56&hubName=nhl

tha'ts alright though. im pretty confident they'll get it done next year by at latest january. on the bright side, hopefully, we will never have to see cehcmanek in a kings uniform ever again. that alone, may just be worth the season going down.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
01-23-2005, 01:21 PM
  #2
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
We can always hope that history will repeat itself and that something will happen once the drop dead date is announced.

 
Old
01-23-2005, 01:31 PM
  #3
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
We can always hope that history will repeat itself and that something will happen once the drop dead date is announced.
That's right all we've got is hope....

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-24-2005, 02:33 AM
  #4
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
...

We can all hope that we'll still have a team let alone league this time next year...

So... who are we looking to draft?

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
01-24-2005, 10:01 AM
  #5
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
We can all hope that we'll still have a team let alone league this time next year...

So... who are we looking to draft?
There can't be a draft w/o a CBA

 
Old
01-24-2005, 01:46 PM
  #6
Mindcircus
Registered User
 
Mindcircus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 3,034
vCash: 500
DAMNIT... damnit to hell.

Mindcircus is offline  
Old
01-24-2005, 07:20 PM
  #7
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,856
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The Kings should draft Crosby.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
01-24-2005, 09:49 PM
  #8
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Awards:
theres another meeting this coming wednesday per tsn...location is unknown...

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is online now  
Old
01-24-2005, 09:58 PM
  #9
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
theres another meeting this coming wednesday per tsn...location is unknown...
If it's L.A, we need to rally and force them to work out a deal.....

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-25-2005, 12:00 AM
  #10
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
If it's L.A, we need to rally and force them to work out a deal.....
Get about 5 guys from Compton, and give them $1k each to go in their and get that place on "lock-down." Saying that if they don't get a deal done, "they gon blow this motha up."

two out of three* is offline  
Old
01-25-2005, 02:13 AM
  #11
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,633
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
theres another meeting this coming wednesday per tsn...location is unknown...
It'll be in Toronto. Another small group meeting (No Buttman, No Goodenow).

ESPN Report

Albi is offline  
Old
01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
  #12
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Awards:
everybody....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
It'll be in Toronto. Another small group meeting (No Buttman, No Goodenow).

ESPN Report
*cross our fingers*

jfont is online now  
Old
01-25-2005, 10:04 AM
  #13
DropThePuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Upland
Country: United States
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
Unfortunately, Linden said if the owners proposal contained a salary cap they would walk out of the meeting. Personally, I think this is a bunch of posturing to get as many concessions as possible.

DropThePuck is offline  
Old
01-25-2005, 10:10 AM
  #14
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropThePuck
Unfortunately, Linden said if the owners proposal contained a salary cap they would walk out of the meeting. Personally, I think this is a bunch of posturing to get as many concessions as possible.
Hopefully he is just saying that for effect

 
Old
01-25-2005, 07:11 PM
  #15
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 114,745
vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropThePuck
Unfortunately, Linden said if the owners proposal contained a salary cap they would walk out of the meeting. Personally, I think this is a bunch of posturing to get as many concessions as possible.

The owners have since come out and said that they will not be submitting a proposal, but rather bringing new concepts and idea, which is great.

GKJ is offline  
Old
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
  #16
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
well, not the most definitive source, but money on kroq said that the owners and players meeting was nto succcessful at all yesterday and were going to meet about cancelling the season next week. not on tsn though, so don't know here he got his news from, but interesting...

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
01-28-2005, 12:29 PM
  #17
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
well, not the most definitive source, but money on kroq said that the owners and players meeting was nto succcessful at all yesterday and were going to meet about cancelling the season next week. not on tsn though, so don't know here he got his news from, but interesting...
Never trust Money on anything. None of his "inside" hockey stuff has ever come true

 
Old
01-28-2005, 04:31 PM
  #18
Matt13
Registered User
 
Matt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: I'm on a boat MF!
Country: United States
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
**** the NHL, **** the players, and **** reaper45...............


I am so sick of these pansy ass players complaining about money. Dont they realize that the longer they dont work, it doesnt matter how good of a deal it is, they will never make up for the money lost?

Bill Guerin for example lost 8 million dollars this season by not playing. By the time he makes up that money the CBA will expire again. **** him and Lappy and all my idols.


**** em!

Matt13 is offline  
Old
01-28-2005, 05:14 PM
  #19
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie Verstinks
**** the NHL, **** the players, and **** reaper45...............


I am so sick of these pansy ass players complaining about money. Dont they realize that the longer they dont work, it doesnt matter how good of a deal it is, they will never make up for the money lost?

Bill Guerin for example lost 8 million dollars this season by not playing. By the time he makes up that money the CBA will expire again. **** him and Lappy and all my idols.


**** em!
See, I knew I was as cool as the other in the lockout.

Bow before me!


Last edited by jfont: 01-28-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-28-2005, 05:55 PM
  #20
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Take a vote on a cap, guaranteed it would get passed by the players. How many plugs are in the association that can't afford to sit a year or more? A lot.

Every Dagenais, Laperriere, and Commodore in the league has a single vote that is individually worth just as much as the Prongers, Forsbergs, and Brodeurs. Sure it may be easy to miss a year when you have made ten mil per year for the past 5 years.

Bring in the replacement players (hmmm...all those guys that don't have jobs in Europe thanks to the NHL invasion) and see how long the players' resolve lasts.

Venom_17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.