HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
BerSTUzzi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I have never heard of this guy. What is he listed at?
5'9, 166lbs

He was putting up at a higher pace when Rattie, Jones, and Wortherspoon were at the WJC

29 G 45 A in 43 games so far this year.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
I have never heard of this guy. What is he listed at?
You mean size? 5'9" and 166lbs. He leads the WHL in points and is second in goals. If you can't catch a Portland game, you'll see him at the Top Prospects game.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:27 AM
BerSTUzzi

If we trade our 2nd rounder for some garbage this year I'll be so pissed off. Right now they have Klimchuk, Petan, Duclair, Bailey, Lazar, and Zadorov rated in the 2nd round (not including European players).

oh yeah and Domi......he's so low it's like he's stated to scouts he's only willing to play for certain teams (haha shot at his OHL draft year).

Last edited by BerSTUzzi: 01-15-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 09:30 AM
thefeebster

They are up. http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=8...d=nhl:topheads

And there's definitely some conversation pieces here to discuss at my first glance. I'd say this is one is one of the most controversial rankings by CSS in recent years.

Domi and Zadorov being very low. Mueller is crazily high.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:36 AM
Tiranis

Ehhhh... how is Bjorkstrand still ahead of Petan? He doesn't even have size advantage, let alone any other advantage.

Zadorov is way, way, way too low. Lazar is also too low, IMO. Actually, this whole list is just out of whack to me.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:39 AM
crazycanuck

I say the Canucks draft the Prime Minister.

38 HARPER, STEPHEN LW ERIE OHL

Old
01-15-2013, 09:50 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post

LOL.

Nice catch, crazycanuck. Now let's make jokes about it now that it's been brought to our attention and let's thank crazycanuck for pointing it out.

I'm there will be a Paul Martin joke shortly...

Last edited by Reverend Mayhem: 01-15-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 10:01 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
LOL.

Nice catch, crazycanuck. Now let's make jokes about it now that it's been brought to our attention and let's thank crazycanuck for pointing it out.

I'm there will be a Paul Martin joke shortly...
YOu missed the last page of this thread LOL.
------
Seems like basically you're run of the mill, midterm rankings here.

Can't make everyone happy, but I really question Carrier's spot at 14th. Production's dropped, team play has been questioned, older draftee.

He belong more near 34 than 14 for me.

I'd sure like to have a few extra picks in this draft both at the top and in the middle, there's going to be some good value available after 100 IMO.

-------
ISS' January top 30.

http://www.isshockey.com/iss-top-30-...d-for-january/

Last edited by arsmaster: 01-15-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old
01-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
YOu missed the last page of this thread LOL.
You clearly haven't picked up either my humour or the fact I can be a real ******* from occasionally.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:42 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Ehhhh... how is Bjorkstrand still ahead of Petan? He doesn't even have size advantage, let alone any other advantage.

Zadorov is way, way, way too low. Lazar is also too low, IMO. Actually, this whole list is just out of whack to me.
So much talent this year. If ever we traded our first for an early and mid second this would be the year ie Dano and Petan from a single 1st would be a heck of a return.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
So much talent this year. If ever we traded our first for an early and mid second this would be the year ie Dano and Petan from a single 1st would be a heck of a return.
If Petan doesn't climb into the 1st in these scouting lists, I still think a team will pick him much earlier, similar to Skinner a few years back. He was also ranked 34th or something like that (and everyone knew it was ridiculous) and then went Top 10.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
If Petan doesn't climb into the 1st in these scouting lists, I still think a team will pick him much earlier, similar to Skinner a few years back. He was also ranked 34th or something like that (and everyone knew it was ridiculous) and then went Top 10.
I think Lazar intrigues me the most now, I've only seen him once this year and thought he did everything well. For some reason his offense output hasn't been as high as many expected but he's a damn good hockey player. If he's available late into the 1st round somebody is going to be very happy.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
I think Lazar intrigues me the most now, I've only seen him once this year and thought he did everything well. For some reason his offense output hasn't been as high as many expected but he's a damn good hockey player. If he's available late into the 1st round somebody is going to be very happy.
I have one concern with Lazar and maybe it's stupid, but I keep having the feeling that as good as he is at everything, maybe he has already reached his ceiling.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:03 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
I have one concern with Lazar and maybe it's stupid, but I keep having the feeling that as good as he is at everything, maybe he has already reached his ceiling.
It's possible or maybe because the team he's on is so stacked he hasn't had to be thrust into the go to guy role. Next year will be very interesting for him with all the players leaving that team.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
It's possible or maybe because the team he's on is so stacked he hasn't had to be thrust into the go to guy role. Next year will be very interesting for him with all the players leaving that team.
It's not really his production, it's more of a feeling from watching him play. Feels like I'm watching a veteran who you know has peaked. Just something about him.

Honestly, I would be happy if I was totally wrong because he's really hard working and I'm cheering for him to succeed.

Old
01-15-2013, 06:10 PM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Nic Petan will still not be in the first round despite having 64 points in his last 34 games. Having seen him play, don't care about his size or anything else, he should be going in the late 1st at the very least. Doesn't play his size and has barely and weaknesses, even his defensive game is pretty good already.

Loaded team or not, he's outplaying Rattie and Leipsic. Somebody will get a ridiculous steal if this continues.
I went to school with this ******* and I ****ing HATE this kid. If he ever got drafted by the Canucks I would be so pissed. I want him to fail at pro hockey and wash dishes for a living. Tool.

Old
01-15-2013, 07:03 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
I went to school with this ******* and I ****ing HATE this kid. If he ever got drafted by the Canucks I would be so pissed. I want him to fail at pro hockey and wash dishes for a living. Tool.
Stories please?

Old
01-15-2013, 07:17 PM
nameless1
HF's Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post

Read y2kcanucks' comment on the previous page.
I think his analysis is pretty spot on.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
It's not really his production, it's more of a feeling from watching him play. Feels like I'm watching a veteran who you know has peaked. Just something about him.

Honestly, I would be happy if I was totally wrong because he's really hard working and I'm cheering for him to succeed.
I think you're feeling is wrong.

There is no way he's peaked. He still looks very young in the face.

I don't think a kid with that dedication and love for the game can already have peaked, either physically or skill wise.

He's a kid we absolutely have to take if we finish with a 25-30 pick.

BC born. One shot scorer. Great character. 2-way game.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I think you're feeling is wrong.

There is no way he's peaked. He still looks very young in the face.

I don't think a kid with that dedication and love for the game can already have peaked, either physically or skill wise.

He's a kid we absolutely have to take if we finish with a 25-30 pick.

BC born. One shot scorer. Great character. 2-way game.
Mason Raymond still looks young.

Also, some players just can't take the next step. Everyone reaches their bottleneck at a different stage. It's exactly why we see busts in drafts. People hit their proverbial ceiling and their upward trend stops, making them busts.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:22 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
If we trade our 2nd rounder for some garbage this year I'll be so pissed off. Right now they have Klimchuk, Petan, Duclair, Bailey, Lazar, and Zadorov rated in the 2nd round (not including European players).

oh yeah and Domi......he's so low it's like he's stated to scouts he's only willing to play for certain teams (haha shot at his OHL draft year).
yeah i really like this years draft class... really stacked offensively. Last years was crap. I really really hope we hold on to our 2nd.

Old
01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
thefeebster

Well, every OHL draft is rigged in a way that highly ranked players do choose their teams behind the scenes. It just does not get talked about that publicly.

Look at this draft alone. MacKinnon refused to report to Baie Comeau, Rychel also refused to report to Barrie until he got traded to Windsor to be with his dad.

Hodgson told teams he wouldn't report if they drafted him, same with Duchene. Its never going to stop.

Edit: Forgot Hall and Seguin as well.

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-15-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 10:45 PM
hockeykid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Well, every OHL draft is rigged in a way that highly ranked players do choose their teams behind the scenes. It just does not get talked about that publicly.

Look at this draft alone. MacKinnon refused to report to Baie Comeau, Rychel also refused to report to Barrie until he got traded to Windsor to be with his dad.

Hodgson told teams he wouldn't report if they drafted him, same with Duchene. Its never going to stop.

Don't forget Max Domi too. Pretty sure he said he was going to go to college when he was drafted by Kingston, gets traded to London and comes to the OHL

Old
01-15-2013, 10:51 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Don't forget Max Domi too. Pretty sure he said he was going to go to college when he was drafted by Kingston, gets traded to London and comes to the OHL
Even though I didn't quote him, i was referring to what Berstuzzi said, which already mentioned Domi. That's why i didn't mention him. But yes, he belongs in that group as well.

I feel like its common practice to have a couple of guys every draft. I don't think anything bad about these kids, it happens. Better to be happy than upset and not wanting to play for the team you're with. Affects the individual and the team. Some people went absolutely crazy on the main prospect boards chewing MacKinnon out (Namely Granlund2Pulkkinen); that thread was unbearable!

Last edited by thefeebster: 01-15-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old
01-15-2013, 11:35 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post

Does this happen in the WHL as well? I didn't realize this was a thing.

Closed Thread