HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 25 Favorite Canucks Of All-Time - #4

View Poll Results: #4
Roberto Luongo 6 9.23%
Stan Smyl 3 4.62%
Todd Bertuzzi 4 6.15%
Henrik Sedin 19 29.23%
Daniel Sedin 3 4.62%
Ryan Kesler 3 4.62%
Mattias Ohlund 5 7.69%
Kirk McLean 4 6.15%
Cliff Ronning 3 4.62%
Greg Adams 0 0%
Geoff Courtnall 1 1.54%
Markus Naslund 10 15.38%
Gino Odjick 3 4.62%
Thomas Gradin 0 0%
Harold Snepsts 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-27-2012, 12:12 PM
aandbreatheme

vCash: 500
Henrik, no question.

aandbreatheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Jobu

Not nearly enough love for Gino.

Pavel #1
Gino #2

Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:05 PM
billvanseattle

voted Hank, but believe Smyl should have been 2nd or 3rd. You guys don't remember how respected he was here.

And Tiger was popular, he changed the Canucks from being a team anyone could push around to a team that people were scared to play against.

billvanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Voting for who is my 4th overall fav Canuck: Henrik Sedin

That makes my list:
Linden
Luongo
Kesler
Henrik

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
More people like him better than anyone else but 2 players? Someone's favorite player really isn't something that can be debated. It is what it is.
This. If this were "best Canuck of all time", the list would be quite different. Burrows is well loved in this city for a lot of good reasons.

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Dave Tiger Williams was a popular player for the team the fans and team mates respected him for giving 100 percent every game
I dunno he did have a penchant for taking rally killing bad penalties an awful lot.

Anyway, I voted Smyl this time around, but I realize that it's going to be a long time before he gets in. Too bad, though... no player the Canucks ever had did more with less than he did.

Unfortunately, this poll is going to end up being the a "favourite Canuck right now" list rather than a "favourite Canuck all-time" list, as many here are too young to remember the older players.

As an example, for the better part of a bad decade, Harold Snepsts was loved in Vancouver (Game 1 of the '82 SCF, notwithstanding). He was a solid, tough defender with a certain odd charisma that appealed to the fans. If you didn't see it, I can't really describe it. Bieksa would be our closest approximation these days, except Bieksa has always come off as a bit of an azzhole (not necessarily in a bad way) and has never had the entire stadium chanting his name the way that crowds did with HAAA-ROLLD. Hell, when Snespts played in St. Louis and Detroit, the crowds did it there too. He was one of a kind and in his heyday, I've never seen a more popular Canuck... okay, maybe Linden and Bure.

That all said, I'll bet he'll be lucky to make the Top 15 in this poll, and will probably end up behind guys like Bieksa, Ruutu and Bertuzzi... which is a shame.

Last edited by Ogie Goldthorpe: 09-27-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2012, 06:53 PM
vadim sharifijanov
Rrbata

i don't want to be one of those guys who gets into a debate about people's choices of who their favourite players are.

but i would love to hear from those of you advocating naslund why you prefer him to henrik. is it just because you all were kids and fell in love with the canucks during the crawford era, or is there something else that puts naslund on a higher level emotionally than henrik?

like i said, i'm not questioning your choices; i'm genuinely curious. i just can't think of one thing naslund did (other than shoot the puck) that henrik didn't do better and in a more beautiful way.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 12:53 AM
LuckyDay

I would say that Nas was solid and let his game on the ice speak for him much like Joe Sakic. He was no headcase like Bure, Mogilny or even Bert. We've been blessed to finally have 6 elite scoring players in the past short while when for decades we barely had almosts (Sundstrom, Tanti, Gradin, etc.).

The difference between Naz and Henrik, he was the first and didn't need to slowly grow into the position - he already did that in Pittsburgh and got he opportunity to finally prove to everyone what he was capable of.

LuckyDay is offline   Reply With Quote