HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Thread - The Never Ending Thread (Mod Warning in OP)

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 12:21 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Luongo Thread - The Never Ending Thread (Mod Warning in OP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Since this evidently needs to be said again: to fans of other teams who would like to come in here and give us the real scoop on Luongo's value, or offer a reality check to Canuck fans about what he will garner in return in a trade, or otherwise tell us how things are, I have one very simply piece of advice:

Don't.
Continue.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I think once the season starts it's more likely we trade Schneider than Luongo. Of course it will depend on who starts more, but I think it will be a 50-50 split until one is moved.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Trade both and go with Cannata and Lack!

Old
09-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I think once the season starts it's more likely we trade Schneider than Luongo. Of course it will depend on who starts more, but I think it will be a 50-50 split until one is moved.

Schneider won't be moved. Book it.

Old
09-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Schneider won't be moved. Book it.
Agreed, I cant believe some fans still discuss lou staying and schneider moving.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
MAGICMAN1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Agreed, I cant believe some fans still discuss lou staying and schneider moving.
I for one think that if we trade Lou.for some strange reason its gonna be a mistake.

Old
09-27-2012, 12:54 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Trade both and go with Cannata and Lack!

Luongo for Kane, Schneider for Pavelski?

Sedin- Sedin- Pavelski
Booth- Kesler- Kane

Old
09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
It will keep happening until there is a resolution.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Alflives

Would the Canucks be adverse to trading Sneider if the return was a #1 defense-man - with size. Something the team currently lacks. (And will not win a Stanley Cup without one.)

Old
09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
I for one think that if we trade Lou.for some strange reason its gonna be a mistake.
Agreed. Why is this a strange feeling you have? It's fact. Sneider is not a proven # 1 goalie. Plus, he would bring more in return than Luongo. These two combined are generating the 'feeling' you have. I 'feel' it too!

Once Luongo is gone (and we see the poor return) Canucks' fans will be wondering: Would trading Sneider have brought the team that true #1 defense-man?

Old
09-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Would the Canucks be adverse to trading Sneider if the return was a #1 defense-man - with size. Something the team currently lacks. (And will not win a Stanley Cup without one.)

Is Weber available? Beyond that, your question is too open-ended to provide an answer. Put some names on the table.

Old
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I would trade Schneider for either a number 1 dman or elite prospect(a la Tarasenko, Huberdeau, Kuznetsov)

Old
09-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Is Weber available? Beyond that, your question is too open-ended to provide an answer. Put some names on the table.
Perhaps you are more familiar with those players? (#1 defense-men)

Old
09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Perhaps you are more familiar with those players? (#1 defense-men)
What #1 defense-man is being shopped and if we acquired one, don't you think it would dismantle our forward and prospects group anyways?

Doesn't seem like a reasonable solution at this point. And I disagree with your assertion that without a true#1 you won't win a cup. We were 1 game away form winning a cup, are you telling me we had absolutely zero chance in that game?

Old
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
blendini

Quote:
Agreed. Why is this a strange feeling you have? It's fact. Sneider is not a proven # 1 goalie. Plus, he would bring more in return than Luongo. These two combined are generating the 'feeling' you have. I 'feel' it too!

Once Luongo is gone (and we see the poor return) Canucks' fans will be wondering: Would trading Sneider have brought the team that true #1 defense-man?
So you're saying that an unproven #1 goalie is worth more than Luongo? No wonder Gillis hasn't been able to trade Lu. The reason that it would be easier to trade Schneids is because he has a much higher potential that Lu. Roberto has already peaked; Schneids hasn't.

BYW, Neither of these goalies will get a Weber/Doughty type defenceman.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICMAN1963 View Post
I feel the exact opposite in regards to schneider, but nor do I think we will trade him.

He just signed a brand new contract with us, and lou after stating its time to move on, and with us going back to schneider in playoffs, the writing is on the wall, at least for me.

Its only a matter of time before lou finally gets moved for something.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
I would trade Schneider for either a number 1 dman or elite prospect(a la Tarasenko, Huberdeau, Kuznetsov)

We wont get that from schneider either. Has any team actually put out a substantially better offer for schneider then roberto? I am guessing it might be slightly better, but not much.

I am genuinely curious though, im not trying to be condescending. For every over the hill bad contract comment we see about roberto, I see the general fanbase also claim schneider is an unproven starter and not worth much right now until he plays a full season.

Then again these fantasy trades on hfboards are meaningless.

Old
09-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
We wont get that from schneider either. Has any team actually put out a substantially better offer for schneider then roberto? I am guessing it might be slightly better, but not much.

I am genuinely curious though, im not trying to be condescending. For every over the hill bad contract comment we see about roberto, I see the general fanbase also claim schneider is an unproven starter and not worth much right now until he plays a full season.

Then again these fantasy trades on hfboards are meaningless.
Well, we might have to package him with a small + for the number 1 dman, but there have been absolutely no rumours about offers for Schneider, apart from Mackenzie's line that Gillis will get offers that will stop him in his tracks, or something to that effect.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:20 PM
14s incisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blendini View Post
So you're saying that an unproven #1 goalie is worth more than Luongo? No wonder Gillis hasn't been able to trade Lu. The reason that it would be easier to trade Schneids is because he has a much higher potential that Lu. Roberto has already peaked; Schneids hasn't.

BYW, Neither of these goalies will get a Weber/Doughty type defenceman.
Doughty is not a "Weber type defenseman." Not even close. Wouldn't trade Schneider for Doughty.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
Doughty is not a "Weber type defenseman." Not even close. Wouldn't trade Schneider for Doughty.
Agree to the first point, I want what your having for the other.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:46 PM
14s incisor

Quote:
Agree to the first point, I want what your having for the other.
Don't need another 2/3 D, and if they trade Schneider, they have no starting goalie—Luongo will want out even if Schneider moves.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:49 PM
SunshineRays

Let's be clear about Schneider:

Dreger: "There will be offers for Schneider that will stop Gillis in his tracks" .... on team 1040

Gallagher: "You won't believe the teams who are calling about Schneider. You really wouldn't believe it".... on team 1040

Patrik Elias: "Listen. This kids a #1 goalie in the league. Obviously he's in a tough position there. I think there's gonna be 29 teams in line to get him when the time is right. He's that good" ... post game comments

Bob Mckenzie: "Vancouver Canucks are getting significant offers for Cory Schneider" ... on TSN

Gallagher: "They've been getting calls for Schneider since he was in college" on team 1040

Don't kid yourselves folks, Schneider would bring in a return that would scare some people, it'd take way more than a Huberdeau/Tarasenko etc. Luckily, I don't think he's available.

Old
09-27-2012, 11:50 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
I'm willing to put on that Edmonton deal being something like Hemsky plus.
Not a fan of Hemsky at all. Would love to get Gagner and MPS though.

09-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Well, we might have to package him with a small + for the number 1 dman, but there have been absolutely no rumours about offers for Schneider, apart from Mackenzie's line that Gillis will get offers that will stop him in his tracks, or something to that effect.
I think that was dreger and I think that has created a false sense of what hes worth to other teams and created an unrealistic impression of what canucks fans think we can actually get for him right now. I believe he said that on the team 1040, but dreger also cautioned after he has not played many games yet or started a full season... like some fans are claiming on here.

But i was more curious about on the board here, these schneider trades started to ramp up here after canucks fans got mad at toronto fans for low balling robertos value, so i was just curious if fans on here offered anything marginally better for schneider or is it more low ball offers from fans of other teams?

Old
09-27-2012, 11:56 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
Don't need another 2/3 D, and if they trade Schneider, they have no starting goalie—Luongo will want out even if Schneider moves.
Drew Doughty is not a 2/3 D. I don't even know what sport you are watching when you think you are watching hockey.

Closed Thread