HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: Where will Dallas pick for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft?
1st-5th 14 22.58%
6th-10th 26 41.94%
11th-15th 16 25.81%
16th-20th 4 6.45%
21st-25th 1 1.61%
26th-30th 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
  #626
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sec 314 - Richardson
Country: United States
Posts: 52,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Looks like we know which third round pick is ours, Edmontons according to the Dallas website.

Stars99Lobo37 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 02:57 PM
  #627
Ambassador Of Fun
Registered User
 
Ambassador Of Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Looks like we know which third round pick is ours, Edmontons according to the Dallas website.

1st (DAL) - 10th overall
2nd (BOS)* + 2nd (VAN) + 2nd (DAL)
3rd (EDM)
4th (DAL)
5th (DAL) + 5th (PIT)
6th (DAL)
7th (LAK)
Yeah, I was looking at the Wiki 2013 draft page last night and it said that Pittsburgh received a conditional 3rd, with the condition being Pittsburgh got the lower of the 2 remaining thirds that we had. Lower meaning worse.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
  #628
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 23,887
vCash: 500
1st (Colorado) - Seth Jones
2nd (Florida) - Nathan MacKinnon
3rd (Tampa Bay) - Jonathan Drouin
4th (Nashville) - Aleksandr Barkov
5th (Carolina) - Elias Lindholm
6th (Calgary) - Hunter Shinkaruk
7th (Edmonton) - Curtis Lazar
8th (Buffalo) - Darnell Nurse
9th (New Jersey) - Rasmus Ristolainen
10th (Dallas) - Sean Monahan
11th (Philadelphia) - Ryan Pulock
12th (Phoenix) - Bo Horvat
13th (Winnipeg) - Frederick Gauthier
14th (Columbus) - Anthony Mantha

Oilers', Sabres', and Devils' fans will riot, but who knows.

I'm very confident in that top 7 though. From there... Not quite sure. Horvat might sneak into the top 10, Monahan falls hard, and of course there's no Nichushkin or Zadorov. This is what I personally think will happen - not what appeases most of HF. I'm starting to really see the depth in this draft - it's so hard to figure out who goes where outside of the top 7.

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
04-30-2013, 09:01 PM
  #629
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 6,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
1st (Colorado) - Seth Jones
2nd (Florida) - Nathan MacKinnon
3rd (Tampa Bay) - Jonathan Drouin
4th (Nashville) - Aleksandr Barkov
5th (Carolina) - Elias Lindholm
6th (Calgary) - Hunter Shinkaruk
7th (Edmonton) - Curtis Lazar
8th (Buffalo) - Darnell Nurse
9th (New Jersey) - Rasmus Ristolainen
10th (Dallas) - Sean Monahan
11th (Philadelphia) - Ryan Pulock
12th (Phoenix) - Bo Horvat
13th (Winnipeg) - Frederick Gauthier
14th (Columbus) - Anthony Mantha

Oilers', Sabres', and Devils' fans will riot, but who knows.

I'm very confident in that top 7 though. From there... Not quite sure. Horvat might sneak into the top 10, Monahan falls hard, and of course there's no Nichushkin or Zadorov. This is what I personally think will happen - not what appeases most of HF. I'm starting to really see the depth in this draft - it's so hard to figure out who goes where outside of the top 7.
I'd **** a brick if that happened. I'm just so pessimistic that Dallas gets one of those 3 centers that I'll believe it when it happens. I think several team's fans would be pissed if things went down that way.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 09:23 PM
  #630
FrailSwan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I have lost my home
Country: United States
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
I see Monahan's been in the OHL for 3 years now. Surely he'd make the club the first year right?

Especially given we're only at Benn, Eakin, and Fiddler now.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 09:40 PM
  #631
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
If that is the unfortunate draft order (We'd be screwed) and we had to take someone else, it'd probably be Ristolainen because he is a righty and we need right handed defensemen in out farm. Really hoping Nicushkin/Monahan/Shinkaruk fall to us though.
Ristolainen is also considered the 2nd most NHL ready defenseman after Jones. A good number of scouts think he plays next year.

glovesave_35 is offline  
Old
04-30-2013, 09:46 PM
  #632
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 23,887
vCash: 500
I really have no idea what could go down. No one saw Lindholm, Pouliot (although I know a few people said something, Faidh did I believe), or Koekkoek (except Boston fans for w/e reason...) going in the top 10, and yet they did. Guys like Ristolainen, Pulock, and Horvat (also heard that Hartman should be a top 15 pick from several places) are gonna go a lot higher than most of us think.

We just have to hope that:
- The consensus is right on how good these players are gonna be (lol not happening)
- We don't take one of these players that rises

Regardless, I'm sure Nill and co. will make the right pick. I'm not worried too much.

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 06:39 AM
  #633
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
1st (Colorado) - Seth Jones
2nd (Florida) - Nathan MacKinnon
3rd (Tampa Bay) - Jonathan Drouin
4th (Nashville) - Aleksandr Barkov
5th (Carolina) - Elias Lindholm
6th (Calgary) - Hunter Shinkaruk
7th (Edmonton) - Curtis Lazar
8th (Buffalo) - Darnell Nurse
9th (New Jersey) - Rasmus Ristolainen
10th (Dallas) - Sean Monahan
11th (Philadelphia) - Ryan Pulock
12th (Phoenix) - Bo Horvat
13th (Winnipeg) - Frederick Gauthier
14th (Columbus) - Anthony Mantha

Oilers', Sabres', and Devils' fans will riot, but who knows.

I'm very confident in that top 7 though. From there... Not quite sure. Horvat might sneak into the top 10, Monahan falls hard, and of course there's no Nichushkin or Zadorov. This is what I personally think will happen - not what appeases most of HF. I'm starting to really see the depth in this draft - it's so hard to figure out who goes where outside of the top 7.
I think Edmonton taking Lazar is possible, but only if Monahan is already off the board. (But you are right, it is a touchy subject on their boards. )

As a Flyers fan, I have no idea what to expect at 11. One of Nurse, Ristolainen, Zadorov, or Pulock will be there--perhaps two. Whispers suggest that the organization is high on Nurse, while Zadorov has something approaching a small cult following on our boards. Pulock is the only player on that list with a truly exceptional skill (his shot), but the rest of his game is "only" solid. Ristolainen might well be the best of the bunch.

I'm hoping that the Flyers preferred defenseman falls to 11, and that one of Shinkaruk, Lindholm, or Nichushkin falls to 10 for Dallas. I'd really enjoy watching either player next year.

Any thought of Dallas moving up a few spots (say, if Edmonton really is that high on Lazar--maybe jumping to 7 for a late 2nd or early 3rd and grabbing Lindholm or Nichushkin?

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 09:47 AM
  #634
tjcurrie
Registered User
 
tjcurrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gibbons, Alberta
Posts: 3,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
I see Monahan's been in the OHL for 3 years now. Surely he'd make the club the first year right?

Especially given we're only at Benn, Eakin, and Fiddler now.
I'm pretty sure Edmonton takes Monohan at #7. He fits the mould of what they need up front.

tjcurrie is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
  #635
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Texas A&M
Country: Latvia
Posts: 23,887
vCash: 500
I'm hoping for Bowey, Bjorkstrand, and Wallmark in the 2nd.

Wallmark seems pretty similar to Jarnkrok. He might end up being a steal in the 2nd.

LatvianTwist is online now  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:07 PM
  #636
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,503
vCash: 500
If Edmonton takes Lazar it'll be in the second round or a traded down pick to the mid 20s. There is no way he goes that high given the way he played this year.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:21 PM
  #637
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 8,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
If Edmonton takes Lazar it'll be in the second round or a traded down pick to the mid 20s. There is no way he goes that high given the way he played this year.
Agreed.

Cin is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:29 PM
  #638
Primetimey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 160
Isn't Edmonton more interested in Nurse, Ristolainen, or Zadorov?

Primetimey* is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:31 PM
  #639
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 6,038
vCash: 500
More likely ideal scenario is:

1) Colorado - Jones
2) Florida - MacKinnon
3) Tampa Bay - Drouin
4) Nashville - Barkov
5) Carolina - Nurse
6) Calgary - Monahan
7) Edmonton - Ristolainen
8) Buffalo - Nichushkin
9) New Jersey - Shinkaruk
10) Dallas - Lindholm

I still don't see that happening unless someone really goes off the board or there's a run on defenders but...this is what I'd love to have happen.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:32 PM
  #640
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide
 
Hull Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Arlington, TX
Country: Albania
Posts: 6,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetimey View Post
Isn't Edmonton more interested in Nurse, Ristolainen, or Zadorov?
There's a growing thought that Edmonton would like a bigger center than Gagner and if they can get Monahan their fans would be really happy. Then they'd use Gagner as a trade chip.

Ristolainen may be too good to pass up though.

Hull Fan is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
  #641
Cin
Eurosnob.
 
Cin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Country: Thailand
Posts: 8,171
vCash: 500
I still think Monahan is the one that slides.

Cin is offline  
Old
05-01-2013, 11:48 PM
  #642
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,503
vCash: 500
If Edmonton doesn't take a defensemen they're ridiculously stupid. Nurse would be a great pick for them, he wouldn't be a stretch at all at that pick and he's got #1 upside.

Nullus Reverentia is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 12:20 AM
  #643
Arkham32
Registered User
 
Arkham32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
If Edmonton doesn't take a defensemen they're ridiculously stupid. Nurse would be a great pick for them, he wouldn't be a stretch at all at that pick and he's got #1 upside.
I agree Edmonton taking a forward this year would be like us taking a dman

Arkham32 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 01:32 AM
  #644
FrailSwan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: I have lost my home
Country: United States
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANN99 View Post
I agree Edmonton taking a forward this year would be like us taking a dman
A goalie would be worse on our part.

FrailSwan is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 02:05 AM
  #645
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,817
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
More likely ideal scenario is:

1) Colorado - Jones
2) Florida - MacKinnon
3) Tampa Bay - Drouin
4) Nashville - Barkov
5) Carolina - Nurse
6) Calgary - Monahan
7) Edmonton - Ristolainen
8) Buffalo - Nichushkin
9) New Jersey - Shinkaruk
10) Dallas - Lindholm

I still don't see that happening unless someone really goes off the board or there's a run on defenders but...this is what I'd love to have happen.
I would be happy with any permutation of those names.

glovesave_35 is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 03:27 AM
  #646
Captain Awesome
Registered User
 
Captain Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
A goalie would be worse on our part.
Agreed, I'd be more than happy to take a d-man if he had top pairing potential.

Captain Awesome is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 07:48 AM
  #647
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
More likely ideal scenario is:

1) Colorado - Jones
2) Florida - MacKinnon
3) Tampa Bay - Drouin
4) Nashville - Barkov
5) Carolina - Nurse
6) Calgary - Monahan
7) Edmonton - Ristolainen
8) Buffalo - Nichushkin
9) New Jersey - Shinkaruk
10) Dallas - Lindholm

I still don't see that happening unless someone really goes off the board or there's a run on defenders but...this is what I'd love to have happen.
I think the key to Dallas getting one of the 2nd tier forwards (plus Shinkaruk, depending on where you rate him) is Carolina at #5. If they take a defenseman, then at least one of the guys should slide to you at 10, but if they take a forward, it gets a bit dicey.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 07:52 AM
  #648
English stars fan
Registered User
 
English stars fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think the key to Dallas getting one of the 2nd tier forwards (plus Shinkaruk, depending on where you rate him) is Carolina at #5. If they take a defenseman, then at least one of the guys should slide to you at 10, but if they take a forward, it gets a bit dicey.
To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with any of those top 10. As long as we don't go off the board. Should be able to pick ups some decent talent in the 2nd round as well.

English stars fan is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 08:03 AM
  #649
SolidusAKA
Registered User
 
SolidusAKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
To be honest, I'd be pretty happy with any of those top 10. As long as we don't go off the board. Should be able to pick ups some decent talent in the 2nd round as well.
Agreed, I like all those guys

SolidusAKA is offline  
Old
05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  #650
Sony Eriksson*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: N. Dallas/NYC
Country: Faroe Islands
Posts: 13,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcurrie View Post
I'm pretty sure Edmonton takes Monohan at #7. He fits the mould of what they need up front.
Edmonton needs defense first and foremost IIRC.

Sony Eriksson* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.