HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Breaking Bad Season 5 [Part 3]

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Good thing that dubstep part didn't turn you off the show right away.

Hey I don't mind that Skrillex-sounding track. It sort of caught my ear as I was flipping channels so I paid attention, realized it was Breaking Bad, then stayed for the show.

Old
10-11-2012, 08:47 AM
the squared circle

vCash: 500
Hi everyone, I am just getting into Breaking Bad now, and am in the middle of season 2. I tried looking for a BB discussion on this forum for season 1 and 2 and couldnt find one. Was there one? If there was, and one of you can access it quickly, can you PM me the link? Very much appreciated.

Old
10-11-2012, 08:50 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squared circle View Post
Hi everyone, I am just getting into Breaking Bad now, and am in the middle of season 2. I tried looking for a BB discussion on this forum for season 1 and 2 and couldnt find one. Was there one? If there was, and one of you can access it quickly, can you PM me the link? Very much appreciated.
There is a search function on the forum, just search for BB. By the way, don't read anything. It will just ruin it for you.

Old
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
There is a search function on the forum, just search for BB. By the way, don't read anything. It will just ruin it for you.
Indeed. Finish watching, THEN read the discussions if you want.

Old
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
the squared circle

Hi guys, I had tried the search and came up empty, which is why I was asking. I was only going to read up to where i reached in the series. I don't want to ruin it for myself

Old
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM
crane

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...rchid=17989361

here's a bunch of old threads.

Old
10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by the squared circle View Post
Hi guys, I had tried the search and came up empty, which is why I was asking. I was only going to read up to where i reached in the series. I don't want to ruin it for myself
You may just read something by accident

Old
10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
You may just read something by accident
I'm about half way through the 3rd season... holy **** everything is happening. Jesse and Walt hate each other, Skyler hates Walt, Walter Jr. hates Skyler, Hank flipping the hell out (understandbly so), Marie doesn't know what to do, Gus trying to get Walt to cook with that sweet ass lab, Tuco's cousins being BAMFs...

I think I'm slowly starting to develop that "Walt is the antagonist" mentality... although at this point I still feel like "well his wife pretty much hates him... what else can he do but cook more?"

Old
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
I'm about half way through the 3rd season... holy **** everything is happening. Jesse and Walt hate each other, Skyler hates Walt, Walter Jr. hates Skyler, Hank flipping the hell out (understandbly so), Marie doesn't know what to do, Gus trying to get Walt to cook with that sweet ass lab, Tuco's cousins being BAMFs...

I think I'm slowly starting to develop that "Walt is the antagonist" mentality... although at this point I still feel like "well his wife pretty much hates him... what else can he do but cook more?"
Let us know when you finish Season 3, I look forward to reading your reaction.

Old
10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Qurpiz
Unregistered Abuser

Also want to see the reactions at the end of 3rd season.

Me, I'm on the fence between The Wire and Breaking Bad for GOAT show. Right now, BB only needs to deliver an on-par final season, and it takes the title.

Old
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Let us know when you finish Season 3, I look forward to reading your reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qurpiz View Post
Also want to see the reactions at the end of 3rd season.

Me, I'm on the fence between The Wire and Breaking Bad for GOAT show. Right now, BB only needs to deliver an on-par final season, and it takes the title.
Might happen this weekend, I think I'm on episode 6.

Judging by wanting to know my reaction, I assume some crazy **** is about to happen, which makes me even more excited for it.

Also, I've got some friends that watch The Wire. I think maybe I'll start going through those seasons next if I can find a site with them all (as the site I use for BB doesn't have it).

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

****... just finished the 2nd last episode. Tomas dead...

That ruined why I was originally coming to post here. The "groundhog seeing its shadow" scene had me almost in tears laughing. Marie's smug look while Hank is being wheeled out of the room was priceless.

But that last bit... just sort of killed that funny mood.

Holy **** Walt just 1up'd everything.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-13-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old
10-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Protest the Hero

I didn't want to say anything originally to hype you up, because I think it's better as a surprise. Nice to see it still managed to surprise you

Old
10-13-2012, 06:22 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

I'm just about to start the last episode of the season. This is all I've been doing all day besides playing EHM I have no life.

Old
10-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
I'm just about to start the last episode of the season. This is all I've been doing all day besides playing EHM I have no life.
I pretty much did the same thing when I watched it the first time, didn't start until after Season 3 was already finished. I started watching 1 episode a day if I could, but during season 3 I ended up watching 2-3 episodes a day. There was just too much suspense at the end of some of these episodes that I just couldn't wait to watch the next one.

Old
10-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Ozz

Quote:
I pretty much did the same thing when I watched it the first time, didn't start until after Season 3 was already finished. I started watching 1 episode a day if I could, but during season 3 I ended up watching 2-3 episodes a day. There was just too much suspense at the end of some of these episodes that I just couldn't wait to watch the next one.
Don't feel too bad, you got to enjoy it all longer. I got into the series right before season 4 started, and watched them all while I sat at the computer during my workday. I think it took somewhere between 2-3 weeks to get through them all (worked did beckon and I had to focus on it, so I'd pause the show). Still, a couple times I stopped watching at incredibly suspenseful episodes so when I was done I just stayed in my office and kept watching I work at home, so in case you wonder why I stayed to watch a TV show, there ya go.

Old
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

This is like my 5th episode of the day and I might keep going...

Old
10-13-2012, 06:59 PM
SB164

I just realized the actor who plays Doug on Flight of the Conchords also played Gale.

Old
10-13-2012, 07:02 PM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I just realized the actor who plays Doug on Flight of the Conchords also played Gale.
He's also Hardman on Suits (where I instantly recognized him from).

OH ****, OH ****! Hardman is dead. Wow, I wasn't sure that's how everything would go down but wow...

I don't think the last couple episodes have made me hate Walt anymore though... At this point I still see him as the anti-hero because he doesn't know what to do with his life now and he seems to be doing this stuff to try protect his family, Jesse and himself. I have to start the 4th season now

Last edited by irunthepeg: 10-13-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old
10-14-2012, 01:05 AM
crane

The ending to season 3 was probably the most intense TV that I've ever watched. Half measure and full measure were two incredible hours of TV.

Run!

Old
10-14-2012, 09:58 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
The ending to season 3 was probably the most intense TV that I've ever watched. Half measure and full measure were two incredible hours of TV.

Run!

[Yt]3YVis0HwZdM[YT]
Spoil:
I'd say season 4 ups the ante even more, especially starting at Crawl Space. The ending to that episode is probably my favourite TV moment of all time, so unnerving.

Old
10-14-2012, 10:38 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

It's not like I was, "hey... nerdist old dude that I know, you wanna cook meth?"

Old
10-15-2012, 08:44 AM
irunthepeg
#whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
It's not like I was, "hey... nerdist old dude that I know, you wanna cook meth?"

I'm gonna be so bored in a week or two when I'm done this. One of my friends told me not to be like him and to try and spread it out over a longer period but when I've got a day with nothing to do or most weeknights after work, I'm just like **** it, 2-3 episodes it is.

Now I've already read (before ever starting the show) about the whole diary thing but I found it so funny that Hank is just showing the whole thing to Hank trying to get a feel for what it means. When he goes "Walter White..." I was just like oh **** with the way Hank's face looks like he's almost about to put 2 and 2 together.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Wake me up in Summer 2013.

Old
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:

I'm gonna be so bored in a week or two when I'm done this. One of my friends told me not to be like him and to try and spread it out over a longer period but when I've got a day with nothing to do or most weeknights after work, I'm just like **** it, 2-3 episodes it is.

Now I've already read (before ever starting the show) about the whole diary thing but I found it so funny that Hank is just showing the whole thing to Hank trying to get a feel for what it means. When he goes "Walter White..." I was just like oh **** with the way Hank's face looks like he's almost about to put 2 and 2 together.
Season 4 and 5 are phenomenal.

Closed Thread