HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Breaking Bad Season 5 [Part 3]

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
I didn't really need an excuse to re-watch the series, but I got my mom into this show. She absolutely loves it. And she's pissed at me that we have to wait a year for the final (half) season.

I feel like I've told you guys this before. I might be going crazy.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
I didn't really need an excuse to re-watch the series, but I got my mom into this show. She absolutely loves it. And she's pissed at me that we have to wait a year for the final (half) season.

I feel like I've told you guys this before. I might be going crazy.
Hell, when I finish, I may feel the need to re-watch it right after just to digest everything that happened and take a closer look at everything from the beginning onward...

I remember watching the pilot's opening scene and feeling so much 'wat' with the whole RV crashing. This show truly is amazing though. I am enjoying it immensely. The last few years of my life, I've been predominantly just watching comedies as I enjoy laughing and generally like watching shows that keep me laughing rather than watching super serious shows but this one... just wow.

Also, is it just me or did Anna Gunn gain a bit of weight from season 3 -> season 4? I'm not against it as she still looks great to me but I can't help but think she did...

Old
10-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Hell, when I finish, I may feel the need to re-watch it right after just to digest everything that happened and take a closer look at everything from the beginning onward...

I remember watching the pilot's opening scene and feeling so much 'wat' with the whole RV crashing. This show truly is amazing though. I am enjoying it immensely. The last few years of my life, I've been predominantly just watching comedies as I enjoy laughing and generally like watching shows that keep me laughing rather than watching super serious shows but this one... just wow.

Also, is it just me or did Anna Gunn gain a bit of weight from season 3 -> season 4? I'm not against it as she still looks great to me but I can't help but think she did...
Some people said she had some work done, but it mostly looks like her face got wider.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:23 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Skyler is definitely carrying more weight in Season 5 vs. Season 1.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Skyler is definitely carrying more weight in Season 5 vs. Season 1.
She's carrying the child of the devil. Explains how much of a ***** she is.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Bruv
Loveless

Yeah, I just finished my rewatch of the whole series. Caught a ton of foreshadowing throughout the show.

Old
10-16-2012, 08:42 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

So last night I finished the episode where Hank pulls Gus' name out to his DEA buddies. Seeing Gomez with the goatee made me laugh.

I like where Jesse is going. The things like losing Jane and having to kill Gale really brings out this "he's really just a lost kid" personality in my eyes. Walt surprising Skyler with all that money for the safe made me laugh. I'm interested in seeing how his character ends up as the show wraps up.

Looking forward to watching more tonight, might have to take a break for New Girl though.

Old
10-16-2012, 10:08 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
So last night I finished the episode where Hank pulls Gus' name out to his DEA buddies. Seeing Gomez with the goatee made me laugh.

I like where Jesse is going. The things like losing Jane and having to kill Gale really brings out this "he's really just a lost kid" personality in my eyes. Walt surprising Skyler with all that money for the safe made me laugh. I'm interested in seeing how his character ends up as the show wraps up.

Looking forward to watching more tonight, might have to take a break for New Girl though.
I am kind of jealous of you, I wish I could rewatch the show again for the first time. It blew my mind and I couldn't get enough of it.

10-16-2012, 01:24 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I am kind of jealous of you, I wish I could rewatch the show again for the first time. It blew my mind and I couldn't get enough of it.
At this rate, I have maybe a week or two before I'm done the entire 4.5 seasons It's pretty incredible. I do this with lots of shows.

The Office I only got into after the 3rd season ended, got all 3 for Christmas and watched them all within a month. HIMYM I got into last season and then bought seasons 1-6 and have now watched them all. The OC I bought years after it finished and watched it start to finish. Then this summer I watched GoT in a couple weeks and now this

I'm thinking I might get into The Wire after? Not sure yet...

Old
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
At this rate, I have maybe a week or two before I'm done the entire 4.5 seasons It's pretty incredible. I do this with lots of shows.

The Office I only got into after the 3rd season ended, got all 3 for Christmas and watched them all within a month. HIMYM I got into last season and then bought seasons 1-6 and have now watched them all. The OC I bought years after it finished and watched it start to finish. Then this summer I watched GoT in a couple weeks and now this

I'm thinking I might get into The Wire after? Not sure yet...
Good candidate, I'd recommend Deadwood too, that'd be my top 3.

You're already finished episode 7? Welcome to the next level.

Old
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Good candidate, I'd recommend Deadwood too, that'd be my top 3.

You're already finished episode 7? Welcome to the next level.
Only reason I'm not farther is because my buddy's car broke down last night so some of my night was involved with that fiasco.

I work all day and get home about 5pm every day (I'm on a school work term) and so I have nothing to do in the evenings since most of my friends aren't really doing much so I've reverted back to my junior high days of just playing video games and watching TV.

I'll likely watch another 2-3 episodes tonight too

Old
10-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Only reason I'm not farther is because my buddy's car broke down last night so some of my night was involved with that fiasco.

I work all day and get home about 5pm every day (I'm on a school work term) and so I have nothing to do in the evenings since most of my friends aren't really doing much so I've reverted back to my junior high days of just playing video games and watching TV.

I'll likely watch another 2-3 episodes tonight too
Have fun, 8-13 is an incredible run of episodes. Hopefully you can wait a couple of hours after you've finished the 2-3 tonight

Old
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Have fun, 8-13 is an incredible run of episodes. Hopefully you can wait a couple of hours after you've finished the 2-3 tonight
Holy **** I made the biggest mistake of my life. I was making some music and did a few other things tonight so I only watched 8 and 9...

Jesse and Walt fighting is so sad... and the way Walt bugs his car and doesn't trust him anymore. It's like a son and father slowing becoming enemies. This is cray!

Old
10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Gotta bump. I watched I think episode 9 or 10 last night. It was where Jesse, Mike and Gus all go to (Cuba or Columbia?) to visit that Don Eladio guy. Gus is a BAMF for drinking that poison then throwing it up but my gold star for badassness goes to Jesse for shooting that dude who shoots Mike.

What an episode...

Also there was all that stuff with Ted being a tool buying a new car, Skyler confronting him and Walt seeing Jr. after being beat up.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Gotta bump. I watched I think episode 9 or 10 last night. It was where Jesse, Mike and Gus all go to (Cuba or Columbia?) to visit that Don Eladio guy. Gus is a BAMF for drinking that poison then throwing it up but my gold star for badassness goes to Jesse for shooting that dude who shoots Mike.

What an episode...

Also there was all that stuff with Ted being a tool buying a new car, Skyler confronting him and Walt seeing Jr. after being beat up.
The Mexico scene is one of my favorites in the entire show.

Old
10-18-2012, 09:58 AM
crane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
The Mexico scene is one of my favorites in the entire show.
I love the scene at the pool, but my favorite scene from that episode is when Jesse pwns the Mexican chemist.

around 49 seconds in..

Old
10-18-2012, 10:42 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
I love the scene at the pool, but my favorite scene from that episode is when Jesse pwns the Mexican chemist.

around 49 seconds in..
Can't see YT at work (plug-ins...) but is that when he calls him an ******* and asks for that specific acid or whatever it was?

The whole entire Mexico scene had my emotions go from "okay, what's going on..." to "oh damn they're gonna do to Jesse what they did to Gus' partner" to "they all go or none go? Uh oh, they're all gonna die" to "oh **** Gus is badass" to "whoa Jesse is badass." That was a great episode overall but most of the stuff with Skyler/Walt in that episode didn't really keep me entertained but the drama between Walt/Jesse has me wanting to get right back into it.

Old
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
crane

Quote:
Can't see YT at work (plug-ins...) but is that when he calls him an ******* and asks for that specific acid or whatever it was?

The whole entire Mexico scene had my emotions go from "okay, what's going on..." to "oh damn they're gonna do to Jesse what they did to Gus' partner" to "they all go or none go? Uh oh, they're all gonna die" to "oh **** Gus is badass" to "whoa Jesse is badass." That was a great episode overall but most of the stuff with Skyler/Walt in that episode didn't really keep me entertained but the drama between Walt/Jesse has me wanting to get right back into it.
haha yeah.
"tell this ******* that if he wants to learn how to make my product, he's gotta do it my way, the right way."
"i speak english"
"so you understand what ******* means"

such a good season.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.

Old
10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.
It doesn't let up, that's for sure!

Old
10-19-2012, 09:42 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Oh my word.

Those final 15 minutes are probably my favourite of all-time on TV, and that ending is incredible.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:05 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

I'm so glad I got into this show. I had heard great things but generally don't like getting into a show too late. I'm thinking I might have to buy the series when it wraps up and eventually comes out as a box set.

Old
10-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Spoil:
I can't stand you being so distant, and I'm tired of your lies. I'm getting my job back. Wait. You're a criminal?! Ugh. I'm gonna flirt with my boss. I'm gonna help him be a criminal and **** him while I'm at it.

Who am I?

Old
10-19-2012, 01:51 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Oh my word.

Crawl space scene is my favorite moment in all of TV, and maybe movies. So chilling, it resonates.

Old
10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
haha yeah.
"tell this ******* that if he wants to learn how to make my product, he's gotta do it my way, the right way."
"i speak english"
"so you understand what ******* means"

such a good season.
Now go get me my phenylacetic acid...*******

Closed Thread