HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Breaking Bad Season 5 [Part 3]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
  #51
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hollywood, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 46,979
vCash: 500
I didn't really need an excuse to re-watch the series, but I got my mom into this show. She absolutely loves it. And she's pissed at me that we have to wait a year for the final (half) season.

I feel like I've told you guys this before. I might be going crazy.

Trance Kuja is online now  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:07 AM
  #52
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
I didn't really need an excuse to re-watch the series, but I got my mom into this show. She absolutely loves it. And she's pissed at me that we have to wait a year for the final (half) season.

I feel like I've told you guys this before. I might be going crazy.
Hell, when I finish, I may feel the need to re-watch it right after just to digest everything that happened and take a closer look at everything from the beginning onward...

I remember watching the pilot's opening scene and feeling so much 'wat' with the whole RV crashing. This show truly is amazing though. I am enjoying it immensely. The last few years of my life, I've been predominantly just watching comedies as I enjoy laughing and generally like watching shows that keep me laughing rather than watching super serious shows but this one... just wow.

Also, is it just me or did Anna Gunn gain a bit of weight from season 3 -> season 4? I'm not against it as she still looks great to me but I can't help but think she did...

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 11:11 AM
  #53
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Hell, when I finish, I may feel the need to re-watch it right after just to digest everything that happened and take a closer look at everything from the beginning onward...

I remember watching the pilot's opening scene and feeling so much 'wat' with the whole RV crashing. This show truly is amazing though. I am enjoying it immensely. The last few years of my life, I've been predominantly just watching comedies as I enjoy laughing and generally like watching shows that keep me laughing rather than watching super serious shows but this one... just wow.

Also, is it just me or did Anna Gunn gain a bit of weight from season 3 -> season 4? I'm not against it as she still looks great to me but I can't help but think she did...
Some people said she had some work done, but it mostly looks like her face got wider.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 12:23 PM
  #54
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,387
vCash: 500
Skyler is definitely carrying more weight in Season 5 vs. Season 1.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
10-15-2012, 05:33 PM
  #55
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hollywood, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 46,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Skyler is definitely carrying more weight in Season 5 vs. Season 1.
She's carrying the child of the devil. Explains how much of a ***** she is.

Trance Kuja is online now  
Old
10-15-2012, 09:12 PM
  #56
Bruv
Loveless
 
Bruv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Finland
Posts: 53,372
vCash: 500
Yeah, I just finished my rewatch of the whole series. Caught a ton of foreshadowing throughout the show.

Bruv is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 08:42 AM
  #57
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
So last night I finished the episode where Hank pulls Gus' name out to his DEA buddies. Seeing Gomez with the goatee made me laugh.

I like where Jesse is going. The things like losing Jane and having to kill Gale really brings out this "he's really just a lost kid" personality in my eyes. Walt surprising Skyler with all that money for the safe made me laugh. I'm interested in seeing how his character ends up as the show wraps up.

Looking forward to watching more tonight, might have to take a break for New Girl though.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 10:08 AM
  #58
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
So last night I finished the episode where Hank pulls Gus' name out to his DEA buddies. Seeing Gomez with the goatee made me laugh.

I like where Jesse is going. The things like losing Jane and having to kill Gale really brings out this "he's really just a lost kid" personality in my eyes. Walt surprising Skyler with all that money for the safe made me laugh. I'm interested in seeing how his character ends up as the show wraps up.

Looking forward to watching more tonight, might have to take a break for New Girl though.
I am kind of jealous of you, I wish I could rewatch the show again for the first time. It blew my mind and I couldn't get enough of it.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 01:24 PM
  #59
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
I am kind of jealous of you, I wish I could rewatch the show again for the first time. It blew my mind and I couldn't get enough of it.
At this rate, I have maybe a week or two before I'm done the entire 4.5 seasons It's pretty incredible. I do this with lots of shows.

The Office I only got into after the 3rd season ended, got all 3 for Christmas and watched them all within a month. HIMYM I got into last season and then bought seasons 1-6 and have now watched them all. The OC I bought years after it finished and watched it start to finish. Then this summer I watched GoT in a couple weeks and now this

I'm thinking I might get into The Wire after? Not sure yet...

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
  #60
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
At this rate, I have maybe a week or two before I'm done the entire 4.5 seasons It's pretty incredible. I do this with lots of shows.

The Office I only got into after the 3rd season ended, got all 3 for Christmas and watched them all within a month. HIMYM I got into last season and then bought seasons 1-6 and have now watched them all. The OC I bought years after it finished and watched it start to finish. Then this summer I watched GoT in a couple weeks and now this

I'm thinking I might get into The Wire after? Not sure yet...
Good candidate, I'd recommend Deadwood too, that'd be my top 3.

You're already finished episode 7? Welcome to the next level.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
  #61
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Good candidate, I'd recommend Deadwood too, that'd be my top 3.

You're already finished episode 7? Welcome to the next level.
Only reason I'm not farther is because my buddy's car broke down last night so some of my night was involved with that fiasco.

I work all day and get home about 5pm every day (I'm on a school work term) and so I have nothing to do in the evenings since most of my friends aren't really doing much so I've reverted back to my junior high days of just playing video games and watching TV.

I'll likely watch another 2-3 episodes tonight too

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 04:22 PM
  #62
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Only reason I'm not farther is because my buddy's car broke down last night so some of my night was involved with that fiasco.

I work all day and get home about 5pm every day (I'm on a school work term) and so I have nothing to do in the evenings since most of my friends aren't really doing much so I've reverted back to my junior high days of just playing video games and watching TV.

I'll likely watch another 2-3 episodes tonight too
Have fun, 8-13 is an incredible run of episodes. Hopefully you can wait a couple of hours after you've finished the 2-3 tonight

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
  #63
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Have fun, 8-13 is an incredible run of episodes. Hopefully you can wait a couple of hours after you've finished the 2-3 tonight
Holy **** I made the biggest mistake of my life. I was making some music and did a few other things tonight so I only watched 8 and 9...

Jesse and Walt fighting is so sad... and the way Walt bugs his car and doesn't trust him anymore. It's like a son and father slowing becoming enemies. This is cray!

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
  #64
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Gotta bump. I watched I think episode 9 or 10 last night. It was where Jesse, Mike and Gus all go to (Cuba or Columbia?) to visit that Don Eladio guy. Gus is a BAMF for drinking that poison then throwing it up but my gold star for badassness goes to Jesse for shooting that dude who shoots Mike.

What an episode...

Also there was all that stuff with Ted being a tool buying a new car, Skyler confronting him and Walt seeing Jr. after being beat up.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
  #65
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Gotta bump. I watched I think episode 9 or 10 last night. It was where Jesse, Mike and Gus all go to (Cuba or Columbia?) to visit that Don Eladio guy. Gus is a BAMF for drinking that poison then throwing it up but my gold star for badassness goes to Jesse for shooting that dude who shoots Mike.

What an episode...

Also there was all that stuff with Ted being a tool buying a new car, Skyler confronting him and Walt seeing Jr. after being beat up.
The Mexico scene is one of my favorites in the entire show.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 09:58 AM
  #66
crane
Registered User
 
crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
The Mexico scene is one of my favorites in the entire show.
I love the scene at the pool, but my favorite scene from that episode is when Jesse pwns the Mexican chemist.

around 49 seconds in..

crane is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 10:42 AM
  #67
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
I love the scene at the pool, but my favorite scene from that episode is when Jesse pwns the Mexican chemist.

around 49 seconds in..
Can't see YT at work (plug-ins...) but is that when he calls him an ******* and asks for that specific acid or whatever it was?

The whole entire Mexico scene had my emotions go from "okay, what's going on..." to "oh damn they're gonna do to Jesse what they did to Gus' partner" to "they all go or none go? Uh oh, they're all gonna die" to "oh **** Gus is badass" to "whoa Jesse is badass." That was a great episode overall but most of the stuff with Skyler/Walt in that episode didn't really keep me entertained but the drama between Walt/Jesse has me wanting to get right back into it.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 10:54 AM
  #68
crane
Registered User
 
crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Can't see YT at work (plug-ins...) but is that when he calls him an ******* and asks for that specific acid or whatever it was?

The whole entire Mexico scene had my emotions go from "okay, what's going on..." to "oh damn they're gonna do to Jesse what they did to Gus' partner" to "they all go or none go? Uh oh, they're all gonna die" to "oh **** Gus is badass" to "whoa Jesse is badass." That was a great episode overall but most of the stuff with Skyler/Walt in that episode didn't really keep me entertained but the drama between Walt/Jesse has me wanting to get right back into it.
haha yeah.
"tell this ******* that if he wants to learn how to make my product, he's gotta do it my way, the right way."
"i speak english"
"so you understand what ******* means"

such a good season.

crane is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
  #69
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 08:26 AM
  #70
Ozz
Registered User
 
Ozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 6,557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.
It doesn't let up, that's for sure!

Ozz is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:42 AM
  #71
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.
Those final 15 minutes are probably my favourite of all-time on TV, and that ending is incredible.

Protest the Hero is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 01:05 PM
  #72
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,416
vCash: 500
I'm so glad I got into this show. I had heard great things but generally don't like getting into a show too late. I'm thinking I might have to buy the series when it wraps up and eventually comes out as a box set.

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 01:09 PM
  #73
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
 
Trance Kuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hollywood, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 46,979
vCash: 500
Spoil:
I can't stand you being so distant, and I'm tired of your lies. I'm getting my job back. Wait. You're a criminal?! Ugh. I'm gonna flirt with my boss. I'm gonna help him be a criminal and **** him while I'm at it.


Who am I?

Trance Kuja is online now  
Old
10-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  #74
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Oh my word.

Gus fires Walt... Gus tells the old dude in the wheelchair he's essentially cut off his bloodline... Skyler gives Ted money... then Walt comes home to get the money and ends up just laughing hysterically... cannot wait to see what happens next as that was intense.
Crawl space scene is my favorite moment in all of TV, and maybe movies. So chilling, it resonates.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 02:10 PM
  #75
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
haha yeah.
"tell this ******* that if he wants to learn how to make my product, he's gotta do it my way, the right way."
"i speak english"
"so you understand what ******* means"

such a good season.
Now go get me my phenylacetic acid...*******

yakitate304 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.