Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2012, 05:43 PM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Today's action:

Seguin - 2 Goals, 1 Assists, 3 Points, +3
Bergeron - 0 Points
Chara - Doesn't look like he played for Lev today.
Chudinov - 1 assist, +2
Ference - 1 assist
Krejci - 1 assist
Seidenberg - 0 Points
Peverley - Doesn't look like he played for JYP today.

Rask - .833 SvPct today

Anyone know why Chara and Peverley didn't play?

Old
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
sjaustin77

All Player names now link to their player page (except Boychuk & Marchand). You have to click on the Statistics tab for Bergeron and Seguin.

Official League page links after stats.
TV links at the bottom

Updated Stats after 11-17:

NameLeagueGamesGoalsAssistPointsPlusMinus
SeguinSwissA171612280
CharaKHL12358-1
KrejciCzech1478152
BergeronSwissA1098178
SöderbergSEL221611278
PeverleyFinland153912-4
FerenceCzech91343
SeidenbergGermany110445
KhokhlachevKHL19112-5
ChudinovKHL2406610
BoychukAustria00000
KellySwissB3123?
MarchandBC Scrimmage 1112?

NameLeagueGamesWinsLossesGAASvPct
RaskCzech141042.01.925
KhudobinKHL15393.02.908

League pages:

KHL - Chara, Khokhlachev, Chudinov, Khudobin
SwissA - Seguin, Bergeron
SwissB - Kelly - (Click on the NL B tabs)
Czech - Krejci, Ference, Rask
Finland - Peverley
SEL - Soderberg
DEL - Seidenberg
Austria - Boychuk

Streaming Links

Last edited by sjaustin77: 11-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old
11-16-2012, 10:59 PM
sjaustin77

Seguin highlights from today - http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1...=134486&page=1

I would say you can't miss him but those jerseys are hard to look at. He is however in the flaming jersey and helmet as his team's leading scorer.

Old
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
FutureConsiderations

Anyone catch Chara's beauty of an assist to Voracek? You'd never see it in the NHL, but it was a smart, gutsy play.

Old
11-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Rexor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
He has a minor elbow injury.

Old
11-17-2012, 08:06 AM
InfernalDark
Blooddrunk

vCash: 50
Quote:
"Personal reasons", his kid was sick (only rumours). Should be playing again tonight vs Ässät.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM
sjaustin77

Thanks guys - Peverley is playing today.

Todays action:

Peverley - 1 Goal
Soderberg - 2 Goals
Kelly - 1 Goal
Seguin - 1 Goal, 1 Assist

Last edited by sjaustin77: 11-17-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 03:38 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Thanks guys - Peverley is playing today.

Todays action:

Peverley - 1 Goal
Soderberg - 2 Goals
Kelly - 1 Goal
Seguin - 1 Assist (still in action)
Where is he in terms of the scoring record people mentioned early in the year? I know he drives people mad here- but it'd be great to see him (hell, it'd be great to see anyone at the moment.

Old
11-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

he's no slouch he's one point behind the leader in the SEL. I would push to sign him this off season and guarantee him a spot over Caron any day. There's another player who played for Linkoping in the SEL until his mid twenties before coming over:

Last edited by Shaun: 11-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Old
11-17-2012, 05:11 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Where is he in terms of the scoring record people mentioned early in the year? I know he drives people mad here- but it'd be great to see him (hell, it'd be great to see anyone at the moment.
16 Goals in 22 games. I don't know what the record is or how many games they play but he is well off the pace when that was brought up. Must be in the Soderberg or Prospects thread.

Still doing very well and I agree with Crossfire. Guarantee him a spot and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, trade him or let him go back and relinquish his rights after the year so he can stay in Sweden or be a UFA.

Can he get out of his contract if we wanted to bring him over this season?

Old
11-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Shaun
All Aboard

He's still signed to his ELC but I don't know if he can get out of his SEL contract. He signed a 3 year deal in 2011.

2006-06-01 • Signed to a three-year entry-level contract by the Boston Bruins

Old
11-17-2012, 06:01 PM
InfernalDark
Blooddrunk

Quote:
Peverley - 1 Goal
Here it is, on PP:

Old
11-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
Here it is, on PP:
Thank you!

I am Boston Strong

Old
11-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
He's still signed to his ELC but I don't know if he can get out of his SEL contract. He signed a 3 year deal in 2011.

2006-06-01 • Signed to a three-year entry-level contract by the Boston Bruins
I don't think he's still signed though, is he?

I thought they were letting the contract run on him. We still have his rights, but I don't think he has a contract anymore.

It would be great to see him in North America. I just don't think he has any interest whatsoever in making the jump.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:21 PM
sjaustin77

All Player names now link to their player page (except Boychuk & Marchand). You have to click on the Statistics tab for Bergeron and Seguin.

Official League page links after stats.
TV links at the bottom

Updated Stats after 11-23:

NameLeagueGamesGoalsAssistPointsPlusMinus
SeguinSwissA191912312
CharaKHL15358-1
KrejciCzech1689172
BergeronSwissA1199189
SöderbergSEL241913329
PeverleyFinland163912-5
FerenceCzech121342
SeidenbergGermany141786
KhokhlachevKHL21123-4
ChudinovKHL2716711
BoychukAustria10110
KellySwissB5426?
MarchandBC Scrimmage 1112?

NameLeagueGamesWinsLossesGAASvPct
RaskCzech171252.11.925
KhudobinKHL163103.09.907

League pages:

KHL - Chara, Khokhlachev, Chudinov, Khudobin
SwissA - Seguin, Bergeron
SwissB - Kelly - (Click on the NL B tabs)
Czech - Krejci, Ference, Rask
Finland - Peverley
SEL - Soderberg
DEL - Seidenberg
Austria - Boychuk

Streaming Links

Last edited by sjaustin77: 11-23-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old
11-18-2012, 11:29 PM
FutureConsiderations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I don't think he's still signed though, is he?

I thought they were letting the contract run on him. We still have his rights, but I don't think he has a contract anymore.

It would be great to see him in North America. I just don't think he has any interest whatsoever in making the jump.
It's not clear if Chiarelli put him on the Reserve/Suspended list. Technically, he could do this to keep Carl's rights.

It would make sense for him to hold on to a year of Carl's NHL contract and with the contract limit so high, I can't imagine a compelling reason to cut him loose.

Old
11-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Kegs

I find it funny that some guy expected perverly to be a scoring machine. His role isn't to score. He is a shut down player with decent hands great speed and he kills penalties as good as almost any one in the NHL. He is a utility player. And I haven't got the chance to watch him play. But if I had to take a guess I'd say he is a big part of your teams success. He does all the unsung hero shiit no stat sheet can justify.

Old
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Kegs

I wish we had access to all highlights over seas. Maybe televise some games

Old
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
It's not clear if Chiarelli put him on the Reserve/Suspended list. Technically, he could do this to keep Carl's rights.

It would make sense for him to hold on to a year of Carl's NHL contract and with the contract limit so high, I can't imagine a compelling reason to cut him loose.
I remember thinking the same thing before it was announced that they were letting his contract run... There was something about the Bruins still retaining his rights, however. And I never understood how that worked.

Two things that I figured when that information was brought up:

1. That the contract limit wasn't as high as I thought it was and that the Bruins were pushing it.

2. That Soderberg expressed that he had no interest in coming over to North America. So why burn a spot for him?

EDIT: This info was as of having multiple years of his contract and letting THEM run out. Apparently this is his last season under contract with the Bruins and I haven't yet been able to find what happens to him when it's over. My assumption is that they'll let it burn.

Old
11-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Shadowthrone
Danke Angel di Maria

Seidenberg just scored his first goal, powerplay goal for Mannheim

Old
11-20-2012, 02:19 PM
heksagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
I find it funny that some guy expected perverly to be a scoring machine. His role isn't to score. He is a shut down player with decent hands great speed and he kills penalties as good as almost any one in the NHL. He is a utility player. And I haven't got the chance to watch him play. But if I had to take a guess I'd say he is a big part of your teams success. He does all the unsung hero shiit no stat sheet can justify.
The reason why people have been frustrated with him is that he hasn't been a great defensive player either. Sometimes he has just seemed to be floating on the ice and he tries to make too cute plays. Really not what I expected from him. And the team has dropped like a rock in the standings after he came. I'm not saying it's his fault, the whole team has been bad, but he hasn't helped the team much either. Maybe smaller ice just fits him better, I don't know.

Last edited by heksagon: 11-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old
11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowthrone View Post
Seidenberg just scored his first goal, powerplay goal for Mannheim

Old
11-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
The reason why people have been frustrated with him is that he hasn't been a great defensive player either. Sometimes he has just seemed to be floating on the ice and he tries to make too cute plays. Really not what I expected from him. And the team has dropped like a rock in the standings after he came. I'm not saying it's his fault, the whole team has been bad, but he hasn't helped the team much either. Maybe smaller ice just fits him better, I don't know.
What it really sounds like is the coach doesn't know how to utilize him properly.

Old
11-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Malurous

A couple of points on this whole Pevs "argument".

Rich was very much lost in the D zone in the beginning, maybe in part due to the larger ice but mostly I think it was the systems he wasn't used to. Also he got a lot of minutes and fatigue was clearly an issue. Couple this with that one assist in four games start and some people were sour already and won't look at him objectively anymore. It's sometimes hard to get rid of a bad first impression, especially when you consider that to many JYP fans "lockout player" means "Michael Nylander in -94" when he absolutely tore the league apart, scoring nearly 2 PPG. Because of that, some people's expectations were always going to be so high that even Peverley's A game wouldn't have sufficed, so you can guess what they thought of a lost guy who wasn't scoring.

Mind you, he's a smart enough player that he's been an elite level neutral zone player pretty much the whole time. Unfortunately, that only gets you so far and isn't something that all fans notice.

Anyway, now that he's got his bearings, is in game shape and has scored a bit so the aforementioned problems aren't an issue anymore, he indeed is floating. He can be a brilliant two way player one third of the time - have to disagree with what heksagon said earlier, while it's true that he has a lot of lucky points I'd say he's been unlucky on average in the point scoring department, seems that he's getting points when he doesn't deserve them and not getting them when he does, but I digress - but then just doesn't put in the necessary work on either side of the puck the rest of the time. It doesn't help that the Finnish League might be the highest average work ethic league in the world (think teams full of the prototypical "stone hands, no offensive awareness but great skating and hustle" modern Finnish player) so what might be acceptable in Sweden or Russia is going to look horrible in that league. And the fact that he can be brilliant but chooses to be average has fans fuming. Which is understandable.

I agree with some here that his scoring stats are good enough IMO. Could maybe stand to have some more goals, but as far as points go the people who are complaining just had unrealistic expectations to begin with. On the other hand, I must say that he's "leading" the team in minus rating for a reason. And frankly, and this is coming from a huge RJ fan, it's his own damn doing, not the coach's or anyone else's. I don't fault him for being lost in the beginning as the team's defensive system is indeed very different from those in the NHL, but he's already shown that he's learned it. Now he's simply choosing not to put in 100% effort even when his 90% clearly isn't getting it done in that league. That said, a large part of the JYP fanbase seems to think that he's beyond useless and would be at least okay with him just packing his bags and leaving, if not happy with it. And that's ridiculous IMO, there's no question that he's helping the team, he just isn't doing it as much as he could.

EDIT: Oh one more thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
And the team has dropped like a rock in the standings after he came. I'm not saying it's his fault, the whole team has been bad, but he hasn't helped the team much either.
It's a team that no-one expected to be first in the league, with some holes in the lineup and some very serious questions about how the players they had could fit together to form a cohesive lineup where everyone could find a role that fit their strengths. Yet it had 19 of the possible 21 points and easily led the league when Pevs came in. You say "dropped like a rock", I say "regressed towards the mean". Though admittedly, the slide did begin pretty much when his work ethic dipped.

Last edited by Malurous: 11-20-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 12:27 AM
InfernalDark
Blooddrunk

JYP fans @ Jatkoaika.com are ready to send him back to Boston already

Closed Thread