HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We survived?? WE SURVIVED!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

3-0 here
Nice. Good talker or pretty face?

I guess they have another opening that is more in line with my experience that they're going to submit my resume for.

Old
10-22-2012, 07:11 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriminallyVu1gar View Post
Nice. Good talker or pretty face?

I guess they have another opening that is more in line with my experience that they're going to submit my resume for.
Definitely not the latter.

I essentially have a bachelor's in BSing, I've done quite a few 15-20 minute presentations to a group of 20+ people with about an hours notice without really knowing what the hell I'm talking about.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

I have had pretty fantastic luck in my field too (accounting). By the time I was a junior in college, I had 4 offers all from big public accounting firms. I picked one, stayed there five years (while obtaining my CPA license), applied for one job in private, nailed it. Got promoted a few years after that (while five months pregnant).

I attribute it to a great resume and good interviewing skills.

Old
10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Clock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
boobs?

Old
10-23-2012, 08:30 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Killa View Post
I have had pretty fantastic luck in my field too (accounting). By the time I was a junior in college, I had 4 offers all from big public accounting firms. I picked one, stayed there five years (while obtaining my CPA license), applied for one job in private, nailed it. Got promoted a few years after that (while five months pregnant).

Years ago I did IT support for a local accounting firm through my company. It seemed like they could never get enough bodies to fill all the junior positions. I considered going to school for it on that basis alone since I figured I'd always have a job, but decided against it.

The people they DID hire though, man oh man. I was in my mid 20s then, and working in a room full of super hot women that were either college interns, or just graduated, and all suited up.......!! It was distracting. One of the senior partners kept giving me crap for hitting on them.

Unrelated : Found a piece of gear on my network that has an uptime of 5 years 33 weeks. Hawt.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:10 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
boobs?
Quick relevant story.

The first thing I ever saw on my wife were her boobs.

Met her at work. I was already working there and she was just starting. She was shadowing the PM on a project I was working on, for her first day. I was setting at the table in a conference room, reviewing my notes. She sat down at the end of the table, to my right. I glanced up and the first thing in my view were... boobs.

You had me at hello? No. You had me at boobs.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

I swear I'm a walking virus. First I had sleep apnea and pneumonia. Which was thought to turn into mono but was just severe vitamin d defficency. Now I once again I have mass fatigue, frequent headaches and have been throwing up the past few days.

I hate this.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Quick relevant story.

The first thing I ever saw on my wife were her boobs.

Met her at work. I was already working there and she was just starting. She was shadowing the PM on a project I was working on, for her first day. I was setting at the table in a conference room, reviewing my notes. She sat down at the end of the table, to my right. I glanced up and the first thing in my view were... boobs.

You had me at hello? No. You had me at boobs.
That's about as solid a foundation as it gets.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Years ago I did IT support for a local accounting firm through my company. It seemed like they could never get enough bodies to fill all the junior positions. I considered going to school for it on that basis alone since I figured I'd always have a job, but decided against it.

The people they DID hire though, man oh man. I was in my mid 20s then, and working in a room full of super hot women that were either college interns, or just graduated, and all suited up.......!! It was distracting. One of the senior partners kept giving me crap for hitting on them.
Some smaller accounting firms have a hard time hiring b/c most accounting students want to get a job with Big 4 firms. Big 4 firms have a field day hiring people. One year, we hired four blondes b/c that hiring manager was feeling blondes that year.

But for the most part, the men in public accounting aren't much to look at, but the women...yeah. HOTT.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
god damn I love costco. 80 pks of fruit snacks. $10.

That's like.....less than 13 cents per fruit snack packet.

Old
10-23-2012, 09:51 AM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
I swear I'm a walking virus. First I had sleep apnea and pneumonia. Which was thought to turn into mono but was just severe vitamin d defficency. Now I once again I have mass fatigue, frequent headaches and have been throwing up the past few days.

I hate this.
Pregnant.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

You know after I wrote that I was sure someone was going to make that comment.

Old
10-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirgsAndGrigs View Post
god damn I love costco. 80 pks of fruit snacks. $10.

That's like.....less than 13 cents per fruit snack packet.
How's the bicycling?

10-23-2012, 11:15 AM
TehDoak
I Like Eich

vCash: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
How's the bicycling?
Good. I've cut back my weekend trips since finishing my century due to inclement weather and generally being busy. I've done a bit over 1800 miles since May on it. I'm hoping to top 2k miles before the end of the year, which really shouldn't be an issue with a few weekend rides on top of my weekly commute totals. My goal next year is 3k miles, though, that might change since I will likely be moving (at minimum to the other side of the city, if not to another state depending on where the ladyfriend ends up for residency)

Old
10-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Clock

Quote:
Good. I've cut back my weekend trips since finishing my century due to inclement weather and generally being busy. I've done a bit over 1800 miles since May on it. I'm hoping to top 2k miles before the end of the year, which really shouldn't be an issue with a few weekend rides on top of my weekly commute totals. My goal next year is 3k miles, though, that might change since I will likely be moving (at minimum to the other side of the city, if not to another state depending on where the ladyfriend ends up for residency)
Good for you, Doak. That's pretty hardcore!

Old
10-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
So my manager resigned back in August. About three weeks ago, the company came out with a big re-org and I got a new manager. Today was the first time I've actually spoken to him and in the course of the conversation, he asks me and my remaining teammate which of us wants to replace my recently departed manager. He clearly had no idea what my ex-manager did and it appears I could be in line for a manager's position if I A) am crazy enough to want it and B) they're crazy enough to hire me. Of course, I don't have me to lean on -- there's not enough staff so I'd be picking up more responsibilities and with no more time or personnel to do it....

Quote:
Hey, that's awesome! Well done.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:56 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
That's fantastic, Doak. Keep it up, buddy!

Quote:
So my manager resigned back in August. About three weeks ago, the company came out with a big re-org and I got a new manager. Today was the first time I've actually spoken to him and in the course of the conversation, he asks me and my remaining teammate which of us wants to replace my recently departed manager. He clearly had no idea what my ex-manager did and it appears I could be in line for a manager's position if I A) am crazy enough to want it and B) they're crazy enough to hire me. Of course, I don't have me to lean on -- there's not enough staff so I'd be picking up more responsibilities and with no more time or personnel to do it....
Honestly, I'd GTFO of there asap.

Old
10-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post
That's fantastic, Doak. Keep it up, buddy!

Honestly, I'd GTFO of there asap.
Working on it. Like I said, it would have to be insanity on my part and theirs for it to happen.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Clock

Quote:
Take promotion, write "management" on resume, new opportunities open? Perhaps management power gives you the ability to hire staff? Need to replace manager gives you bargaining power to work out significant salary raise?

Old
10-23-2012, 12:26 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I'd take it. Like Clock said, take the manager title for the resume, and presumably whatever raise that went along with it.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Penalty Killa
glitter skates

Totes agree with Clock and the 'sack. "Manager" on the resume is golden.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
If you're your own manager, at least you can't eff yourself...
Do it for a little while, if only to learn if the anal insertion is deeper in mgmt., or not.

@Doak
2k miles would definitely get you in the top 40 riders in my area who self-report annual mileage. 3k would bump you up another 10 or so spots. Recognize you can ride 12 months / year where I live. Pretty impressive accomplishment by you!!!

Old
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Afino
The Juice

I need boobs. Maybe that'll get me a new job.

Old
10-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Hurt

Had to drop in and say that the thread title made me laugh. Keep up the good work guys.

10-23-2012, 12:52 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Had to drop in and say that the thread title made me laugh. Keep up the good work guys.
^^Came for the cheese; stayed for the boobs.

Closed Thread