HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

We survived?? WE SURVIVED!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-29-2012, 01:47 PM
  #901
Crazy Tasty
Registered User
 
Crazy Tasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Indiana
Country: United States
Posts: 3,835
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Having the house cleaned. The wife almost collected on my life insurance policy - put a box at the top of the basement stairs, right in my path while I was hauling a giant box of the kids' toys. Outside of wrenching my back, popping something in my hip, and having one of my son's plastic toys slice open my finger, it failed.
Good job on surviving "the trap".

You know that since she failed on this attempt, each one after is going to get increasingly more elaborate and clever.

Crazy Tasty is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 02:27 PM
  #902
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
@Chain, She must be growing impatient for the arsenic to take effect...


==================
Having endured a half-dozen hurricanes and another half-dozen tropical stroms where I live, I wish all of you some fun family bonding time...

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
  #903
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,198
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
Good job on surviving "the trap".

You know that since she failed on this attempt, each one after is going to get increasingly more elaborate and clever.
She may have gone with long-term hypertension via two children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
@Chain, She must be growing impatient for the arsenic to take effect...


==================
Having endured a half-dozen hurricanes and another half-dozen tropical stroms where I live, I wish all of you some fun family bonding time...
I've been through three or four when I was in NC -- I'm not expecting much other than the possibility of power outages and some water in my basement. We're far from where things will be flooding, far from any destructive winds... we'll be fine.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
  #904
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Thre was a tree Down on pavement road I think

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 03:28 PM
  #905
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I've been through three or four when I was in NC -- I'm not expecting much other than the possibility of power outages and some water in my basement. We're far from where things will be flooding, far from any destructive winds... we'll be fine.
I have a lot of old, big trees on the north side of my property. Not sure how they're going to hold up to sustained tropical storm force winds from that direction.

Most worried about a neighbor's tree that's just over the property line. It's dead and half hollowed out. If that thing comes down, it's landing right on my bedroom.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
  #906
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
I have a lot of old, big trees on the north side of my property. Not sure how they're going to hold up to sustained tropical storm force winds from that direction.

Most worried about a neighbor's tree that's just over the property line. It's dead and half hollowed out. If that thing comes down, it's landing right on my bedroom.
Might be a good night or couple of nights to sleep on the couch

jflory81 is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:10 PM
  #907
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Having the house cleaned. The wife almost collected on my life insurance policy - put a box at the top of the basement stairs, right in my path while I was hauling a giant box of the kids' toys. Outside of wrenching my back, popping something in my hip, and having one of my son's plastic toys slice open my finger, it failed.
Start checking receipts for fishing line and rat poison.

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:15 PM
  #908
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Might be a good night or couple of nights to sleep on the couch
Already planned on that. :p

Basically moving my important office electronics, and my safe with important documents from that side of the house, and making sure the cats can't go back there.

This damn tree has worried me for a long time, but I can't do anything about it since it's not my property.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:36 PM
  #909
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Already planned on that. :p

Basically moving my important office electronics, and my safe with important documents from that side of the house, and making sure the cats can't go back there.

This damn tree has worried me for a long time, but I can't do anything about it since it's not my property.
I knew I should have started that black market arboreal assassination business.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:38 PM
  #910
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Already planned on that. :p

Basically moving my important office electronics, and my safe with important documents from that side of the house, and making sure the cats can't go back there.

This damn tree has worried me for a long time, but I can't do anything about it since it's not my property.
"Hey neighbor, have you ever thought about getting that dead tree taken care of? If there's a really bad storm it could get blown over and do damage to your home or property"

I can't think of a better time to bring it up than right now.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:40 PM
  #911
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,198
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
"Hey neighbor, have you ever thought about getting that dead tree taken care of? If there's a really bad storm it could get blown over and do damage to your home or property"

I can't think of a better time to bring it up than right now.
"Hey neighbor! I'd hate to have my house damaged when your tree falls. You might want to take care of it before our insurance companies have to duke it out. They're always looking to jack up their rates."

Chainshot is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 05:02 PM
  #912
CriminallyVu1gar
LGBTerrific
 
CriminallyVu1gar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 824
vCash: 500
Hey neighbor, I'm holding a chainsaw and you aren't. Your move.

CriminallyVu1gar is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 05:32 PM
  #913
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 4,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
"Hey neighbor, have you ever thought about getting that dead tree taken care of? If there's a really bad storm it could get blown over and do damage to your home or property"

I can't think of a better time to bring it up than right now.
It's slightly more complicated.

My neighbor is in the military. She ended up with the house up here in her divorce. She worked in the area for a while, but then went active duty again and is stationed down south. She planned on selling it, but hasn't yet. Her mom still lives in it, but she's in her 70s and disabled.

We talked about that tree a couple years ago, but I don't really have a way to contact her right now, nor do I think she'd do anything about it if she's still planning on selling.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
  #914
Afino
The Juice
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 20,530
vCash: 500
I'm parked in the highest point I can find within my complex that's also away from trees to the point where a tree is not going to fall on it. Now I wait. And pray

I've always had a weird fear of trees falling on my car during even a thunderstorm.

Afino is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:13 PM
  #915
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 500
Highs winds made a facade collapse in Chelsea, Manhattan:




Woodhouse is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 06:38 PM
  #916
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,495
vCash: 500
After court today, my wife agreed to go out to lunch with me.

When I picked her up to drive to lunch, this song came on the radio.




WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 07:37 PM
  #917
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,451
vCash: 500
Checking in from Florida. Flight was a little bumpy, but not too bad considering. Hope you guys are all safe up there.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 07:48 PM
  #918
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,450
vCash: 500
Well, there's another pair of pants my son outgrew before ever wearing...

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
  #919
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
To think last night I got in on the last Amtrak train out to Buffalo. I feel bad for my friends in NJ. Had I not had a test today I'd be helping them all out. Stay safe fellow Buffalonians

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
  #920
oldgoalie
In rebuild hell
 
oldgoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Never never land
Country: United States
Posts: 5,754
vCash: 500
Lots of rain today. Wind is going to pick up between 10pm and 2pm. So far, power is still on, and in this immediate area, it's been pretty in eventful. North and east of here, though....whoa. Some damn big waves and lots of water where it ain't supposed to be.

oldgoalie is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
  #921
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar
 
Taro Tsujimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Clarence Center, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,654
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
@Thread Title:



For the last time, no you don't!

Taro Tsujimoto is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 09:12 PM
  #922
Ralonzo
Я хочу!
 
Ralonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
I know Kung Fu
No one's ever made the first jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoalie View Post
Lots of rain today. Wind is going to pick up between 10pm and 2pm. So far, power is still on, and in this immediate area, it's been pretty in eventful. North and east of here, though....whoa. Some damn big waves and lots of water where it ain't supposed to be.
Nothing permanent damage-wise up north yet either. Noisy as hell though. Let's hear a cheer for buried power lines and green stoves on my lawn.

Ralonzo is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 09:41 PM
  #923
jflory81
Irken Elite
 
jflory81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 20,183
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Rochester and Monroe/Wayne counties starting to evacuate homes on the coast of Lake Ontario...my apartment's only about 5 miles inland...

jflory81 is online now  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:04 PM
  #924
Burgmania
PA Guy Of The Future
 
Burgmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orleans County
Country: United States
Posts: 4,285
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Burgmania Send a message via MSN to Burgmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Rochester and Monroe/Wayne counties starting to evacuate homes on the coast of Lake Ontario...my apartment's only about 5 miles inland...
My house is inside of five miles of the Lake Ontario shoreline. Nothing that I've heard regarding evacuations in Orleans County as yet.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Burgmania is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
  #925
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
In Erie County, but worried for my friends near Lakes Ontario and Erie.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.