HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Flyers Xbox 360 GM Connected League [Period Ends Friday] [Part Three]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2012, 01:16 PM
  #551
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
The New York Islanders have, pending league approval, acquired star defenseman Jay Bouwmeester from the Calgary Flames. We thank Martin Marincin for his brief service to the club, and wish Nino Niederreiter the best in Calgary, where he will reunite with Junior teammate Sven Bartschi.

The Islanders also surrendered their 4th and 7th round selections in this coming year's Entry Draft.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:39 PM
  #552
GunHavok
Registered User
 
GunHavok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to GunHavok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The New York Islanders have, pending league approval, acquired star defenseman Jay Bouwmeester from the Calgary Flames. We thank Martin Marincin for his brief service to the club, and wish Nino Niederreiter the best in Calgary, where he will reunite with Junior teammate Sven Bartschi.

The Islanders also surrendered their 4th and 7th round selections in this coming year's Entry Draft.

Good trade, you just bent over calgary pretty good.

GunHavok is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
  #553
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Trades to announce.

Flames get:
J. Klingberg
C. Jarnkrok
P. Mrazek
2012 1st

Detroit gets:
M. Kiprusoff
A. Tanguay
D. Smith


Flames get:
N. Niederreiter
M. Marincin
2013 4th
2013 7th

Islanders get:
J. Bouwmeester
R. Ivanans


Last edited by Gibbs18: 10-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
  #554
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
Trades to announce.

Flames get:
J. Klingberg
C. Jarnkrok
P. Mrazek
2012 1st

Detroit gets:
M. Kiprusoff
A. Tanguay
D. Smith


Flames get:
N. Niederreiter
M. Marincin
2013 4th
2013 7th

Islanders get:
J. Bouwmeester
R. Ivanans


Flames get:
T. Oshie
D. Jaskin
2013 2nd

St. Louis Blues get:
J. Iginla
B. Jones
uhh... I hope you did the math, because I have a bad feeling you just put yourself below the cap floor....which either means you'll be auto-signing the legendary Chaz Johnson to a $7+ million deal, or at least one of these trades isn't going to go through...

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:55 PM
  #555
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,537
vCash: 500
And I have a bad feeling that none of those were sent to me besides NYI

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:57 PM
  #556
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
And I have a bad feeling that none of those were sent to me besides NYI
I haven't had a chance to review the iginla trade on xbox yet.

McNasty is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:58 PM
  #557
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,941
vCash: 500
Also can we do like a roll call on who is still active?

I mean for a trade deadline I feel like we only have a handful of guys even really participating.

McNasty is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:00 PM
  #558
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
And I have a bad feeling that none of those were sent to me besides NYI
So, I know we can turn waivers on and off in season. Can we turn the salary cap on / off in season?

If so, it might make sense to turn it off for the advance, and back on immediately afterward. That would force the players to alter their line-up to get to the floor (or below the cap) without screwing up the trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Also can we do like a roll call on who is still active?

I mean for a trade deadline I feel like we only have a handful of guys even really participating.
Yeah, it's a problem. As is the lack of interest in using the Trading Block Thread to post your line-ups.

There are people who play their games but don't post on HF--Florida comes to mind. I think I sent him 6 PMs and a number of Xbox messages re: trades over the last week or so.

At this point, though, I'm not sure we can really replace anyone anyway. It will just hold up the season. It might make sense to start a new waiting list for 2013-2014, though.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM
  #559
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Delete

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
  #560
BTW8892
Registered User
 
BTW8892's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BTW8892 Send a message via MSN to BTW8892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
And I have a bad feeling that none of those were sent to me besides NYI
The Calgary/Detroit trade was just worked out via PM, we were in the process of sending it through. I also checked to see if it would go through in game, and it did.

BTW8892 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:06 PM
  #561
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTW8892 View Post
I also checked to see if it would go through in game, and it did.
The problem is that the AI doesn't acount for pending deals when it makes that calculation.

So, for each of the three proposals--he was ok in terms of salary individually. If you add them all up, though, he just sent out upwards of $25 million in salary, and took back maybe $12 million.

Since he was already near the floor, there's no way it is going to work.

To be sure it will be ok, the teams either need to be roughly in the middle of the cap/floor, or make sure that the trades some in close to even in terms of salary. (Ther was about a $3 million gap in ours, Calgary. And Oshie will help make up for Iginla--but you're not taking any (significant) salary back from Detroit.

EDIT: Misread the deals. Fixed post.


Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 10-10-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
  #562
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The problem is that the AI doesn't acount for pending deals when it makes that calculation.

So, for each of the three proposals--he was ok in terms of salary individually. If you add them all up, though, he just sent out upwards of $25 million in salary, and took back maybe $12 million.

Since he was already near the floor, there's no way it is going to work.
Probably going to have to sign players with huge contracts haha if the trades go through.

Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
  #563
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs18 View Post
Probably going to have to sign players with huge contracts haha if the trades go through.
Which wouldn't matter...but I don't think you're going to have that choice.

I can't remember when the AI decides to block a trade. I know it does for roster numbers--I've seen that in other leagues. I don't know if it does for floor.

To clarify:

In another league, Nashville sent Weber to the Caps for Carlson and Alzner (and other stuff). So a 2-1 swap. The game initially read that as "ok" because Nashville was at 48 or 49 contracts.

However, in the same window, he also dealt Rinne (Boston?) to someone in another major trade--3-for-1, or whatever. The game also registered that as ok, because, at the time, he was under the contract limit.

When the window advanced, the game took the Nashville-Boston deal first. It then didn't allow the WAS-NAS deal to go through, because it would have put the Preds over the 50 contract limit.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:16 PM
  #564
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Which wouldn't matter...but I don't think you're going to have that choice.

I can't remember when the AI decides to block a trade. I know it does for roster numbers--I've seen that in other leagues. I don't know if it does for floor.

To clarify:

In another league, Nashville sent Weber to the Caps for Carlson and Alzner (and other stuff). So a 2-1 swap. The game initially read that as "ok" because Nashville was at 48 or 49 contracts.

However, in the same window, he also dealt Rinne (Boston?) to someone in another major trade--3-for-1, or whatever. The game also registered that as ok, because, at the time, he was under the contract limit.

When the window advanced, the game took the Nashville-Boston deal first. It then didn't allow the WAS-NAS deal to go through, because it would have put the Preds over the 50 contract limit.
Yea im Philly in that league haha. Its almost the same thing but with the cap floor.

Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
  #565
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
4 players out 30+ game for me. Desperately need a 3rd line C (or at least a forward) and 3rd pairing defender. Who is still selling?

thelos is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:31 PM
  #566
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,941
vCash: 500
If I recall the league will process the trades and then sign low overall players for a 1 year deals to become cap compliant.

McNasty is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
  #567
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
4 players out 30+ game for me. Desperately need a 3rd line C (or at least a forward) and 3rd pairing defender. Who is still selling?
Who's available?

McNasty is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:36 PM
  #568
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,064
vCash: 50
EDM wants to make a cup run, is definitely Buying. Gagner, Smid, 2 4 star D prospects are on the table. Looking for an upgrade at 2nd line C, and another 1st or 2nd pairing D-man.

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:37 PM
  #569
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Who's available?
depends what kind of deal we are talking. My first and other picks are the most available as I am still trying to compete

thelos is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:39 PM
  #570
ayshplaysh
Registered User
 
ayshplaysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
4 players out 30+ game for me. Desperately need a 3rd line C (or at least a forward) and 3rd pairing defender. Who is still selling?
Any interest in Manny Malhotra?

ayshplaysh is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  #571
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelos View Post
4 players out 30+ game for me. Desperately need a 3rd line C (or at least a forward) and 3rd pairing defender. Who is still selling?
Defenders not named Yandle, OEL or Rundblad can be had. That means Derek Morris (83) and Keith Ballard (81) are available, as well as Schlemko (77), Sauer (74) but I don't know if those guys would interest you.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 02:43 PM
  #572
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 12,928
vCash: 500
Also, Daymond Langkow is out there if you want him.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
  #573
Nuckles
On the IR
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,430
vCash: 50
So the trade deadline ends tonight, correct?

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
  #574
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 14,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
So the trade deadline ends tonight, correct?
Midnight EST, I believe.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 03:09 PM
  #575
thelos
Bunk
 
thelos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,737
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
Any interest in Manny Malhotra?
both Anisimov and Tyutin are out long term. I dont trust your trainers

thelos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.