HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nazem Kadri reports to camp in 'Unacceptable' shape

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 11:37 AM
nuernberger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
I would think if NHL teams 'own' a player under contract, then they should force them to stay in town and keep training with their own people under their own watchful eyes.
Some of you Americans seems to have a pretty strange conception of an employment contract and what it implicates...

Old
09-29-2012, 11:40 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Couture and Giroux played 42 and 33 AHL games respectively before making good NHL teams in their first pro seasons. Bobby Ryan scored 31 NHL goals and 57 points in 64 games his second pro season. Kadri has played two pro seasons and still hasn't established himself as an NHLer.
Quiz, name the one player in that group that didn't have a strong veteran presence in the top 6 forwards so that they could be eased into the lineup.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:43 AM
I am Canadian
Have faith.

This is the most physically fit Kadri has been in his life time. Eakins has high standards and Kadri didn't meet them. This is Eakins trying to light a fire under his ***.. You guys are much to quick to call bust. Every players is unique and develops at a different
pace.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Bowie
Rusholme Ruffians

vCash: 2233
So many closet Leaf fans.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Gotye View Post
I think he's a bust too. He can be productive else-where, but I don't think he fits in with this current Leafs lineup. If Kessel wasn't there or MacArthur wasn't there he might have a slim chance of sticking.

Of course, looking at the guys who were selected behind him..only than say, Chris Kreider...it's not like he was a worse pick than others.
This I can atleast somewhat agree with. With trading for JVR, exaactly where does Kadri fit?

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin

Im not sure out of those 6 if he can knock any out of their spot. The one chance might be if Bozak is gone or gets hurt and JVR or Grabo take his spot on the first line. I wouldn't mind seeing Naz as the first center and give him a REAL shot to stick but I just don't see Leafs taking Bozak off the top line.

Too much talent to be on third line duties.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
People just love to grab hold of something
Yes, Kadri's love handles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Kadri is a bust.
Nah, he's just busty.

Old
09-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Does Eakins not realize to bulk up your bodyfat % really needs to go up. It's the fastest way to put muscle on. His body fat% actually went down as well..their coach is a loud mouth that loves media, just like their GM.

Please trade Kadri to NJ, we will take that "bad apple". Merrill and a 3rd for Kadri straight up.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:01 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
This I can atleast somewhat agree with. With trading for JVR, exaactly where does Kadri fit?

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin

Im not sure out of those 6 if he can knock any out of their spot. The one chance might be if Bozak is gone or gets hurt and JVR or Grabo take his spot on the first line. I wouldn't mind seeing Naz as the first center and give him a REAL shot to stick but I just don't see Leafs taking Bozak off the top line.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Carlyle bumping Kulie down to the third line to play alongside Connolly, and starting Kadri off in the top 6.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:02 PM
topchowda

Quote:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin

He got his chance getting called up the past two seasons and could stick on the third even. So thats a lie.

If he was really as good as your pumpin up to be then he could beat out JVR/Bozak for a spot.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:07 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
[/B]

He got his chance getting called up the past two seasons and could stick on the third even. So thats a lie.

If he was really as good as your pumpin up to be then he could beat out JVR/Bozak for a spot.
Because he played with Lambardi and Cmac. You call that a good chance?

JVR is extremely skilled too. Bozak is the one guy in the top 6 I'm not sure on. He seems like a perfect fit for Kessel and Lupul but I would love to see Kadri on the top line for a bit as a tryout.

He could stick on the third line, he wasn't really bad he just wasn't ready for a fulltime role and throwing him on the third line with duds won't help him

Old
09-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to see Carlyle bumping Kulie down to the third line to play alongside Connolly, and starting Kadri off in the top 6.
If a season stars, I truly believe Carlyle will give Connolly a head start for the top line spot. Then it might Bozak or Kadri, however with Kadri possibly in the wing for the top six.

09-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Because he played with Lambardi and Cmac. You call that a good chance?

JVR is extremely skilled too. Bozak is the one guy in the top 6 I'm not sure on. He seems like a perfect fit for Kessel and Lupul but I would love to see Kadri on the top line for a bit as a tryout.

He could stick on the third line, he wasn't really bad he just wasn't ready for a fulltime role and throwing him on the third line with duds won't help him
Correction, he played with Lambo and Crabb, both who couldn't and wouldn't finis the chances they were given by Kadri.

Bozak is very likely been riding on the talent of Kessel but IDEALLY, in a great or a very good team, you want a character or player of his calibre on the third line. He has offense in him but not as much you want in a second liner in my opinion.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:15 PM
TieClark

Kulemin should be on the third line and Bozak should be there as well.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:17 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
If a season stars, I truly believe Carlyle will give Connolly a head start for the top line spot. Then it might Bozak or Kadri, however with Kadri possibly in the wing for the top six.
Whatever the case, I think Kadri left a good enough impression with Carlyle that he will likely see top 6 minutes at some point of next season (in order to prove himself).

Old
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Correction, he played with Lambo and Crabb, both who couldn't and wouldn't finis the chances they were given by Kadri.

Bozak is very likely been riding on the talent of Kessel but IDEALLY, in a great or a very good team, you want a character or player of his calibre on the third line. He has offense in him but not as much you want in a second liner in my opinion.
Crabb? Thats worse.. much worse He played with Connolly I think too but he was never healthy.

I honestly would love to see..

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
Bozak - Connolly - Cmac

..as the top 9 to see how they gel. Give Naz a legit shot with LEGIT NHL'ers. If he can't score with Lupul and Kessel, he can't score with just about anyone.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Prussian_Blue

Keith Tkachuk had body fat issues his entire career, and I'm pretty sure he's going to end up in the Hall of Fame.

Let it go, folks.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:32 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Are any of you chicken littles even reading the god damned article. There are two, to four professional athletes in that training camp in WORSE shape. Is that the same as being in "bad" shape? Of course not!

09-29-2012, 12:35 PM
capebretoncanadien

This seems like much ado about nothing. I hate the Leafs but Kadri is going to be at least a good NHL player if not a great one.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
Whatever the case, I think Kadri left a good enough impression with Carlyle that he will likely see top 6 minutes at some point of next season (in order to prove himself).
Oh yea, I am not too worried about him under Carlyle's coaching TBH. Carlyle notes players for defense so if Kadri was out in the last shifts of the games, we know he has noted improvements, much better than before for sure. I mean he was playing the PK in the AHL under Eakins and Marlies had one of the best PK in the league.
Quote:
Crabb? Thats worse.. much worse He played with Connolly I think too but he was never healthy.

I honestly would love to see..

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Kulemin
Bozak - Connolly - Cmac

..as the top 9 to see how they gel. Give Naz a legit shot with LEGIT NHL'ers. If he can't score with Lupul and Kessel, he can't score with just about anyone.
Oh yea Man remembering that third line when Kadri gave such a good pass to lambo who only just failed to get it or finish it still drives me insane lol! Crabb started out hot in his call up but was BRUTAL afterwards, so he didn't aid Kadri either, good cycle if I recall correctly but no where same offensive production-wise. I think that might have been Grabo wasn't it? Kulemin was being moved to the third line because of his offence being Kaput.

However, I hope he starts in the second line Wing with Grabo to get a good idea on playing top six before we move him to the center. Ideally we want him in the top line but let him get his feet wet first in the top six minutes and then we see he can play consistently in the NHL rather than the AHL, we should make the move.

I personally think this is our projected line up if the lockout breaks:
Lupul-Connolly-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kadri
Kulemin-Bozak-Mcarthur(defence is why I bumped him down)
Orr/Steckel-Komarov(after faceoffs)-Brown

He showed some good panache with Grabo before being sent down again, as well did Frattin. If the season is well with Kadri playing responsibly and some possible moves for prospects/picks ala Burke trades.

(40 games+ ?=)
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel
JVR-Grabovski-Kulemin/Connolly
Kulemin-Bozak-Connolly/Frattin
Orr/Steckel-Komarov-Brown

Old
09-29-2012, 01:02 PM
hockeywoot

People are really blowing this out of proportion.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:17 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
I swear people don't know anything...

People think sub-10% body fats are some how superior to the the 10-15s. Especially in a damn contact sport.

If hes dieting properly to train and recover, the potato chips don't matter. There isn't some magical thing in potato chips that are going to do anything that will hurt his conditioning, he's got extra body fat. It will help him not get rag dolled by heavier players.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuernberger View Post
Some of you Americans seems to have a pretty strange conception of an employment contract and what it implicates...
What's wrong with wanting to make sure your young players are staying in shape and not slacking during the offseason?

Nice generalization, though

Anyway, this story is NO BIG DEAL. At all. This will have no bearing on whether or not he becomes a good NHL player.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I swear people don't know anything...

People think sub-10% body fats are some how superior to the the 10-15s. Especially in a damn contact sport.

If hes dieting properly to train and recover, the potato chips don't matter. There isn't some magical thing in potato chips that are going to do anything that will hurt his conditioning, he's got extra body fat. It will help him not get rag dolled by heavier players.
Nah bro, it's all about getting that defined horse-shoe. *****es be makin' themselves known if you've got that horse-shoe.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Does Eakins not realize to bulk up your bodyfat % really needs to go up. It's the fastest way to put muscle on. His body fat% actually went down as well..their coach is a loud mouth that loves media, just like their GM.

Please trade Kadri to NJ, we will take that "bad apple". Merrill and a 3rd for Kadri straight up.
At this point I hope he is traded just so he can flourish elsewhere. Like I said before, media and fans determined him a bust years ago when he didn't become a regular in the lineup at 19 years of age. I honestly despise members of the TO sports media and the blowhards in our fanbase.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:36 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Nah bro, it's all about getting that defined horse-shoe. *****es be makin' themselves known if you've got that horse-shoe.
Of course man. The *****es go "900k salary? Don't care not 5% body fat!"

Closed Thread