HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nazem Kadri reports to camp in 'Unacceptable' shape

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2012, 04:12 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Point is, we all know he can score in the AHL. And him scoring in the AHL has not correlated to him being an NHL player. Therefore, him having a mini-hot streak in the AHL means nothing. I think he'll be a good player but scoring 9 points in 4 games does nothing to convince me of that.
When he wasnt producing he was labeled a bust, now that he is producing it was "expected". Its ridiculous the amount of flack this guy gets for nothing. BTW up to 10 points in 4 games. 13 in 13.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:13 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
I guess Brandon Pirri (same draft as Kadri with same amount of time in AHL) is as good as RNH now. 13 points in 14 games with Rockford Ice Hogs. Sweet.
Pirri is a '91 as well while Kadri is a '90!!

Old
11-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Good for him, didn't look good on him when his numbers looked to regress year after year in the AHL. Is he the leading scorer for his AHL team?

Old
11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Good for him, didn't look good on him when his numbers looked to regress year after year in the AHL. Is he the leading scorer for his AHL team?
Tied for 2nd, one point behind AHL legend Keith Aucoin (who has played one more game).

Old
11-17-2012, 04:19 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
This is what i wanted to hear 1 point from 1st behind vet Keith Aucoin

Old
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
When he wasnt producing he was labeled a bust, now that he is producing it was "expected". Its ridiculous the amount of flack this guy gets for nothing. BTW up to 10 points in 4 games. 13 in 13.
You are making things up.
I never said Kadri was a bust. My expectations for Kadri have never strayed from the 50-70 point range... 60-70 at first, now I'd say 50-65 depending on if he plays wing or center. To me I'd expect either an excellent #2 center or good top line winger. Never did his lack of production in 8 measly games make me stray from that view. Just like his recent streak has done nothing to change my opinion of him...

Just like it will do nothing to change the opinions of people who think he will bust.

Don't you see? We all already know what Kadri can do in the AHL, and that is that he can be an elite, sometimes dominant player. THAT MEANS NOTHING. KEITH AUCION IS A DOMINANT AHLer AS WELL.

Kadri not being in the NHL right now obviously doesn't make him a bust, but the fact that he has yet to prove himself in the NHL means that he is just as unproven to the doubters as he was before his streak.

I don't see how this is even slightly difficult to comprehend, chap.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:26 PM
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
He never said Kadri was as good as them. Your shtick is getting really old man, even Vsevolod Bobrov has been quiet lately.
Why don't you calm down man? Take a deep breath.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:27 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
You are making things up.
I never said Kadri was a bust. My expectations for Kadri have never strayed from the 50-70 point range... 60-70 at first, now I'd say 50-65 depending on if he plays wing or center. To me I'd expect either an excellent #2 center or good top line winger. Never did his lack of production in 8 measly games make me stray from that view. Just like his recent streak has done nothing to change my opinion of him...

Just like it will do nothing to change the opinions of people who think he will bust.

Don't you see? We all already know what Kadri can do in the AHL, and that is that he can be an elite, sometimes dominant player. THAT MEANS NOTHING. KEITH AUCION IS A DOMINANT AHLer AS WELL.

Kadri not being in the NHL right now obviously doesn't make him a bust, but the fact that he has yet to prove himself in the NHL means that he is just as unproven to the doubters as he was before his streak.

I don't see how this is even slightly difficult to comprehend, chap.
It wasnt directed towards you I meant, if you look back in this thread Kadri was labeled a bust because of his lack of production. Leaf fans said hell pick it up, now he has and its time for redemption. I know it does not mean hes a sure fire NHLer, just shutting up the trolls who were using his 8 game struggle as a means to dismiss him as a good prospect.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:28 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
This is what i wanted to hear 1 point from 1st behind vet Keith Aucoin
So you just wanted someone to reaffirm your hopes in Kadri?? Ok then...

Everyone knows Kadri can produce in the AHL, obviously if he's slumping people will see that negatively, he's playing well now, and people respond to that positively, what's your point??

The question with Kadri has always been can he stick it in the NHL.

Old
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Why dont you stop trolling, then we can all breathe easy

Old
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
So you just wanted someone to reaffirm your hopes in Kadri?? Ok then...

Everyone knows Kadri can produce in the AHL, obviously if he's slumping people will see that negatively, he's playing well now, and people respond to that positively, what's your point??

The question with Kadri has always been can he stick it in the NHL.
look at the post above yours....

Old
11-17-2012, 04:30 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Quote:
look at the post above yours....
I should've quoted this instead, mb.

Quote:

Old
11-17-2012, 04:31 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Point is, we all know he can score in the AHL. And him scoring in the AHL has not correlated to him being an NHL player. Therefore, him having a mini-hot streak in the AHL means nothing. I think he'll be a good player but scoring 9 points in 4 games does nothing to convince me of that.
For the amount of flack he took just a few weeks ago for "reporting to camp in unacceptable shape" and struggling to produce offense on a slumping Marlies squad we definitely have the right to celebrate his TEN points in his last 4 games, bringing his totals up to a respectable PPG.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I should've quoted this instead, mb.
Im fully aware about the questions surround him as an NHLer, the point of bumping the thread was to tame the trolls.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Quote:
except Kadri, who breathes heavily because he is obese

Old
11-17-2012, 04:34 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post

Old
11-17-2012, 04:35 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
I am calm friend I'm not the one going to rival team related threads and trying to piss everyone off

Old
BoldMcNewLettuce
Esquire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
and because he is streaky....even his breathing is inconsistent

Old
TieClark

If 190 pounds is obese then God loves the Habs

Old
WarriorofTime
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What can I say? I don't buy into the Blue and White hype that makes up a lot of this board.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Midna

Quote:
Im fully aware about the questions surround him as an NHLer, the point of bumping the thread was to tame the trolls.
You can't tame trolls, you have to starve them.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:38 PM
TheCLAM

Quote:
Really? The kid gets bashed because hes not in the NHL during the lockout now Its hard to please everyone isnt it? The kid has the ability to carry a team, is it a coincidence that hes hot and the team is winning and hes terrible when the teams losing?
Your problem is that you are a typical Leaf fan that takes offense to little things. Just let the season go out and start to evaluate towards the end of the year. He might go on a 20 game pointless streak, or could be totally light`s out for now on. As long as you see the progress in him, who cares what people think? Putting up good AHL numbers are encouraging and a confidence builder but the dexterity of the situation will be put to rest when he produces in the NHL. Until then all of these debates are bias.

This is one of the biggest markets in hockey, learn to take criticism as a fan comes with a large fan-base. There`s no need to defend everything Kadri does, he will prove himself to his critics.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post
Your problem is that you are a typical Leaf fan that takes offense to little things. Just let the season go out and start to evaluate towards the end of the year. He might go on a 20 game pointless streak, or could be totally light`s out for now on. As long as you see the progress in him, who cares what people think? Putting up good AHL numbers are encouraging and a confidence builder but the dexterity of the situation will be put to rest when he produces in the NHL. Until then all of these debates are bias.

This is one of the biggest markets in hockey, learn to take criticism as a fan comes with a large fan-base. There`s no need to defend everything Kadri does, he will prove himself to his critics.
The man has a 19 page thread on him being "fat" .. I think we deserve to be happy to see him succeed after a big offensive night

Old
11-17-2012, 04:41 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyThoughts View Post
For the amount of flack he took just a few weeks ago for "reporting to camp in unacceptable shape" and struggling to produce offense on a slumping Marlies squad we definitely have the right to celebrate his TEN points in his last 4 games, bringing his totals up to a respectable PPG.
Sure. Of course they do. It's a lockout season, this is the main hockey league that most people are following and right now, Kadri is looking like one of the best players in the worlds most significant hockey league (please no one start a KHL vs SEL vs AHL debate, I'm just saying in terms of HF discussion). I'm just saying it doesn't really change anything, except for a few highly reactionary idiots who were just waiting to write Kadri off as a bust. If you told me before the season that Kadri would have a Jason Spezza-esque AHL lockout season, I'd tell you that while you're probably getting a bit ahead of yourself, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he led the league in scoring.

Difference is though, Spezza scored 76 points in 111 games over the past 2 NHL seasons with a high seeded playoff team, whereas Kadri has 19 points in 50 games over the past two seasons playing with a bottom feeder.

All I'm saying is - the people using his hot streak to proclaim success are just as premature as those who used his cold streak to proclaim failure.

Old
11-17-2012, 04:42 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCLAM View Post

There is a difference between criticism and complete attack of a fan base. I usually dont buy into the trolling, but with Kadri i feel it necessary. The guy takes more undeserved flack than anyone not named Luongo, just nice to see him prove everyone wrong once and a while.

Closed Thread