HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nazem Kadri reports to camp in 'Unacceptable' shape

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2012, 11:38 AM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Good to see Kadri giving a big middle finder to everyone. He's going to have a fine NHL career.

Old
11-18-2012, 11:40 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruah View Post
If the Marlies as a team didn't suck for the first 5 games , Kadri would be top 5 in scoring right now. He's primarily a setup man with his sick passing skills and high hockey vision. He was playing fine early but was a victim of the team lacking chemistry.
I think your reading the situation wrong. Ever since Kadri has been on his game the team has been incredible, i dont think its too far fetched to say Kadri is one of the major contributors for his team and when hes on his game he is capable of carrying the load.

Old
11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Ruah

Quote:
I think your reading the situation wrong. Ever since Kadri has been on his game the team has been incredible, i dont think its too far fetched to say Kadri is one of the major contributors for his team and when hes on his game he is capable of carrying the load.

That's another way to look at. I'd be willing to meet you somewhere in the middle. The team did look really bad at the start even when Kadri wasn't on the ice.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:04 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Kadri's so fat he got AHL player of the week.

Good job Kadri.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Money Baer
Unsustainable

vCash: 50
He looked very "explosive" against the Heat. His goal was a result of his speed and top end skill.... Sometimes I wonder if there was a intimidation factor with Wilson? Not making excuses, but trying to look at other angles.

Either way, I feel like he is getting back on track... Here's hoping he can put it all together and be a regular contributor at the NHL level.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:19 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohheyhemsky View Post
If he stays in Toronto, this fix was needed.
lol why would him staying in Toronto change what he is capable of?

Old
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
Kadri's so fat he got AHL player of the week.

Good job Kadri.
Nice job. Congrats to Kadri.

Old
11-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Nice to see Kadri pick it up after a slow start, 10 points in his last 4 games. I hope he makes the NHL this year, his game still has flaws but the offensive talent is definitely there, and I think he might round his game out more quickly in the NHL (where 2-way play will be essential) than in the AHL (where the most important thing is for him to carry the team offensively). Hopefully he makes the Leafs on the 3rd line, either at centre (trade/waive Connolly) or at LW (again, might take a trade, as we already have 6 solid 1st/2nd/3rd line wingers without Kadri in Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Kulemin, MacArthur and Frattin). The Leafs certainly have major holes (Bozak as our #1 C, Reimer as our #1 goalie, Gunnarsson on our top pairing), but we actually have a tonne of depth, which makes it tricky for guys like Kadri to make the team.
Damn! last I looked at his stats they were not that great, good for him. Hopefully he's on his way to living up to his potential.

11-19-2012, 06:16 PM
SaintTavares

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Good to see Kadri giving a big middle finder to everyone. He's going to have a fine NHL career.
Lets not name him MVP just cause he won one player of the week award in the AHL. He's nowhere near being a bust, but for when and where he was picked, he should probably be a little more advanced right now.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You have to be good to be lucky.

Honestly, in the 2 games against the Dogs over the weekend he wasn't really as visible as you'd think, but still got 4 points, or so. Out of shape, or not, he's still putting up points.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Yeah, always nice to see a player with that kind of clout need a benching to get his head out of his ass and actually start playing the way he can.

It's literally what all NHL teams look for in a prospect.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
Lets not name him MVP just cause he won one player of the week award in the AHL. He's nowhere near being a bust, but for when and where he was picked, he should probably be a little more advanced right now.
Where in that post did RogerRoeper say anything about Kadri being a MVP?

& for your last point, no not really. Check out who else was drafted that year, and not many of them are that much further ahead. Anyway, how else could he be doing any better? Their's no NHL, and he's at a ppg in the AHL. I thinks he's doing fine, and still has lots of time to become a top six forward in the best league in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Yeah, always nice to see a player with that kind of clout need a benching to get his head out of his ass and actually start playing the way he can.

He wasn't benched because of performance, it's because it was his 3rd game in 3 days. Eakins wanted fresh legs in the line up...

Last edited by Hennig: 11-19-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 06:28 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:

What's that you say? A prospect is playing well? I know, how about we qualify his success and reframe his play to make him look bad? Awwwh yeahhhh!

Old
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
topchowda

Quote:
His pace should be expected by people as he has done it before. He has neither progressed nor let anyone down. PPG pace in the AHL is nothing to mock tho good for him. I can see him playing a role and putting up number similar to Sam Gagner tho.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:30 PM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Kadri is named top player in the AHL and everything was right in the world again

Old
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
He wasn't benched because of performance, it's because it was his 3rd game in 3 days. Eakins wanted fresh legs in the line up...
Clearly.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409746

I guess 'the message' was "you're tired"??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
What's that you say? A prospect is playing well? I know, how about we qualify his success and reframe his play to make him look bad? Awwwh yeahhhh!
Hey it's nice that he actually responded well but the bad part is that it was needed in the first place. I'm only calling it like I see it but obviously, Leaf fans, feel free to view this however you want to.

Old
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 137
Quote:
Clearly.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409746

I guess 'the message' was "you're tired"??

My bad, I guess it was a little bit of both.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/09...tches-in-texas

Quote:
"Colborne's line looked like it had nothing going," Eakins had said Thursday. "With this many players (four extra forwards because of the NHL lockout), it's a constant flow of who is going in, who is going out. Other nights it will be (a fatigue issue) where we're not going to be playing you three in three."
Quote:
Hey it's nice that he actually responded well but the bad part is that it was needed in the first place. I'm only calling it like I see it but obviously, Leaf fans, feel free to view this however you want to.
Alittle pessimistic are we? He's just got AHL player of the week, and you're calling him out because he had to be benched to get his tush moving? Not the first time this has happened, and it definitely won't be the last. ( for any young player )

Last edited by Hennig: 11-19-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old
11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

He was getting the chances early on in the season but the puck wasn't going in. Then a game or two before he got benched he wasn't generating much offence so Eakins benched him to refresh the kid. Looks like its paying off.

Can't really complain, glad that he's back on track. Wouldn't mind him going higher than PPG this year, but we'll see.

To be honest, I've mentioned this numerous times, I still think the slow start from the team and Kadri was due to the Calder Cup Finals hangover, much like the NHL.

Old
11-19-2012, 08:57 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
In comparison to his draft year he is fine. His stats are very comparable to B. Schenn for example.

Old
11-20-2012, 12:57 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
In comparison to his draft year he is fine. His stats are very comparable to B. Schenn for example.
At the NHL level, he's generated numbers similar to Brayed Schenn. Everywhere else -- junior, AHL, and internationally -- Schenn has blown him out of the water. So while it's important to remind people that Kadri is right on track with where his draft class is when they start throwing "bust" around, Brayden Schenn is still easily the better prospect.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

Quote:
At the NHL level, he's generated numbers similar to Brayed Schenn. Everywhere else -- junior, AHL, and internationally -- Schenn has blown him out of the water.
lolwut? why u trolling kadri so hard

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96553

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106939

look in comparison, not that much different at all. (im a B schenn fan btw and would love to have him on the Leafs)

Old
11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
lolwut? why u trolling kadri so hard

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=96553

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=106939

look in comparison, not that much different at all. (im a B schenn fan btw and would love to have him on the Leafs)
Uhhhh? I'm a Leafs and Kadri fan. Checking out your links I see that Brayden Schenn has him out-scored. Which is what I had said.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:05 AM
Gavy

Quote:
At the NHL level, he's generated numbers similar to Brayed Schenn. Everywhere else -- junior, AHL, and internationally -- Schenn has blown him out of the water. So while it's important to remind people that Kadri is right on track with where his draft class is when they start throwing "bust" around, Brayden Schenn is still easily the better prospect.
So because Schenn had better stats in junior he is a better prospect even though they have comparable stats in the NHL? So Kadri could score 30 goals next season and Schenn gets 10 for example, Schenn is better because of his junior years?
I agree that Schenn is the better prospect, but your reasoning is just plain wrong

Also, in what year did Schenn "blow him out of the water"

Old
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavy View Post
So because Schenn had better stats in junior he is a better prospect even though they have comparable stats in the NHL? So Kadri could score 30 goals next season and Schenn gets 10 for example, Schenn is better because of his junior years?
I agree that Schenn is the better prospect, but your reasoning is just plain wrong
What? Two players' numbers are similar at one level. No useful conclusions can be drawn. Use the next level to compare them. It's not rocket science dudes.

Old
11-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Kadri = Schenn until proven else wise. It's too close to tell right now IMO. Of course people have different opinions though

But I wouldn't trade Kadri for Schenn straight up.

Closed Thread