HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 CBA & Re-alignment: Lockout in Effect. Thanks Gary/Donald! PART II

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM
PensFanSince1989

vCash: 500
I think how the league responds soon will tell us more than their response today. It's pretty clear that the players weren't expecting this to be accepted. They started immediately with the PR, leaking the 'key' details before the meeting even started, then having Fehr talk to the press and try to sell their proposal to the public even before the NHL responded. They wouldn't do that to a serious proposal.

However, the NHL should be careful not to beat around the bush here, they have the possibility of really re-uniting the players as players who were pushinng for compromise may throw their hands up and give in to the hardliners who will now be saying "see, I told you we have to play hardball". The NHLPA did move enough that it's proabably time to at least release your grip on some of your contract rights demands and maybe meet the PA somewhere in the middle on make whole figures.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:40 PM
mpp9

Prust and Rupp are grossly overpaid. Shut the **** up and maybe you'll see some of it eventually.

Old
11-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafkak View Post
How the player's AREN'T helping themselves:

And the childish comments keep coming by the players. I would hope that Fehr would tell some of the players that their comments aren't helping the process, but I'm sure he's enjoying it.
@MichaelDelZotto: @StuBickel take a 2, 5 and 10 on Gary.

Getting closer to a Chelios moment here

Old
11-21-2012, 03:43 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafkak View Post
And the childish comments keep coming by the players. I would hope that Fehr would tell some of the players that their comments aren't helping the process, but I'm sure he's enjoying it.

I have to say I've been almost universally unimpressed this lockout with every player who has spoken out. It's like none of these guys (making the sarcastic comments) have graduated into the world adulthood. Ironically the fact that most of them have a high school education probably has something to do with it.

Grow the **** up and act like professionals. If you want to criticize the man, do it in a context that underscores you know WTF you're talking about, or which puts you in a good light. The name-calling stuff is just retarded. Ironically Biz Nasty is one of the few players who has not piled on Bettman, placing more blame on specific owners (Jacobs in particular).

Old
11-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Tafkak

Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
Biz has actually impressed me with his comments. The guy is a tool towards some people, but actually seems rather knowledgeable.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 11-21-2012 at 03:49 PM. Reason: mistakenly edited post. fixed.
Old
11-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

He's got a sharp wit / mind, and that can overcome a lack of book knowledge sometimes. But yah... he's got well over a quarter million followers for a reason (the things he says are interesting, unlike 90% of the players out there).

Old
11-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Can someone point me to Bettman's presser? TSN's got nothing and NHL.com's got nothing AFAICT.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Tafkak

Blackhawkswincup: That didn't take long...

Quote:
Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
And Bettman stop talking to the media. I wanna 'make whole' in your fkn head.
Yep....

Quote:
Eric Macramalla ‏@EricOnSportsLaw
Jeff O'Neill's tweet about Bettman provides reasonable basis to explore criminal charges and civil claim #jeffoneill

Old
11-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Tafkak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Can someone point me to Bettman's presser? TSN's got nothing and NHL.com's got nothing AFAICT.
I'm still looking Mein Vitale. I think the fact that a fan jumped up and interrupted the presser may be pushing it's video back.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Tafkak

Wow!

Quote:
Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
Are players still united? I dont think so. #Caps Roman Hamrlik for Daily Sport: "I am disgusted. We have to push Fehr to the wall to get (1)
Quote:
Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
the deal. Time is against us. We lost 1/4 season, it is 425M $. Who will give it back to us? Mr. Fehr? There should be voting between (2)
Retweeted by Seth Rorabaugh
Quote:
Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
player. Four questions - YES or NO - then count it. If half of players say lets play, then they should sign new CBA. If there is no (3)
Quote:
Roman Jedlicka ‏@jedli
season he should leave and we will find someone new. Time is our enemy." Great interview. I wonder how they will react to Hammer.
Looks like the players may be starting to show some cracks.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
mpp9

It's only logical that players at the end of their careers want this done sooner or later. We'll see what happens.

Old
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Respect +44 for Mr. Hamrlik, though he is the type of player who stands to lose the most by the lockout.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
11-21-2012, 05:00 PM
End of Line
Human After All

I just when I see Rupp's, Barch's, Campoli's, Prust's, and MDZ's comments. Morons.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-21-2012, 05:37 PM
Sivek

To Roman Hamrlik

Holy **** can't believe he went and said it, can only imagine Toews and company's reaction.

How long until #theplayers (lol everytime I see this) start a kickstarter to cover their lost salary? Probably think Joe Fan would totally support and chip in a few bucks to help them out this holiday season.

Old
11-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Al Smith

Looks like the players may be starting to show some cracks.[/QUOTE]

I think the cracks were evident when the NHLPA proposed a meeting after Bettman suggested a couple weeks off. My guess is that Fehr would have loved to take a couple weeks off. But to the owners the meeting proposal was likely a veritable cave in. As was the PA proposal they projected today. Hey, if a lockout and two months off softens them this much, another month of cancellations and the prospect of a completely cancelled season should get the cave-in the owners have probably been expecting all along.

A pox on both their houses.

Old
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Whatever they decide I'm not in favor of these BS 5 year proposals. It's like neither side cares if there's a lockout every 5 years. TRY THIS *******S: make it 10 years!
Yep. I think a 5 year cba is a dealbreaker in and of itself. No way

Old
11-21-2012, 06:44 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
It is up now if you haven't found it

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video

Old
11-21-2012, 06:47 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

I've decided to unfollow every player who says:

Gary (with no last name)
#thefans
#theplayers
"we just want to play"

Seriously, considering how some of them talk about wanting to negotiate in "good faith" and then turn around on twitter with their childish name calling makes me wonder even if there is a season, do I want to come back? Not like I ever thought some of these guys were Mensa members and I understand it is negotiating PR tactics, but seriously? Grow up.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:01 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
I just when I see Rupp's, Barch's, Campoli's, Prust's, and MDZ's comments. Morons.
I'll see your and raise you a , I thought this was a fake account for a minute.

Quote:
Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2

Keyboard warriors ...... Stuff your responses up your ass. I'm tired of blocking you idiots. Sorry hacked again.
Looks like the fans are really starting to give it to the players.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:02 PM
SaintRon

To summarize:

I've cancelled NHL Center Ice
*Will not watch another game if this season resumes.
**Will not buy anything NHL related.
Was planning a couple of trips home to see Sid play. Cancelled, even if the season resumes.
Will re-evaluate when next season begins

Billionaires always win vs. millionaires

Not sure who to side with
Don't really care
I hold both sides responsible, 50/50
Just get it done

*unless the season resumes and the Pens make the playoffs.
**unless the season resumes and the Pens hoist the cup.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Sivek

We are lucky to be living in this current age since we are the generation that will see "my twitter account has been hacked" replace "my dog ate my homework" when it comes to non-culpability. No one believes either scenario, just own up to it. The cover-up is almost always worse than the lie.

Old
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTANDSCORE View Post
I'll see your and raise you a , I thought this was a fake account for a minute.

Looks like the fans are really starting to give it to the players.
lol did he just use the Anthony Weiner defense?

Old
11-21-2012, 07:29 PM
SHOOTANDSCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
lol did he just use the Anthony Weiner defense?

Next he'll say he isn't positive if that tweet was his or not

Old
11-21-2012, 08:56 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

For what it is worth, Jeff O'Neill is often sarcastic. He's not serious about being hacked.

Old
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Sivek

Damn, Erik Cole (was he not the Puck Gary ringleader?) had some harsh words for Hamrlik.

Quote:
“For him to come out and say this, it’s the most selfish thing I’ve heard during the lockout. Without a doubt,” Cole said. “It’s just disappointing. You’d think the veteran guys are the guys who’d take more pride in what other veteran guys sacrificed in the last lockout, how we all benefited from that as a group. Some guys never played again.”

“If he were sitting in a dressing room across from me tonight … ” Cole said, the rest of that sentence off the record. “I’d be all over him on the ice. I’m pissed at him. If that’s his opinion, then he should just stay over there (in the Czech Republic).”
Quote:
“This (Hamrlik) is one guy out of 700-plus guys (in the NHLPA), this is the one guy who’s actually tried to have conversations with some of the guys we’ve skated with (during the lockout) and they’ve all just been, ‘Hammer, seriously, wake up."

“If he (says) that then I wouldn’t believe him,” he said of Hamrlik, “because of the things he’s said previously to the guys who have been in the (barnstorming charity) Tournée des joueurs.

“Because of his conversations with Josh (Habs NHLPA rep Josh Gorges), some of the things he’s said to him in private conversations and Josh has been just like, ‘Is this guy serious?’ We couldn’t believe what his stance was on certain things."

Seems like Hamrlik was trying to talk to his fellow players about either outsting Fehr or trying to get a deal done faster and Cole and company didn't take too kindly to that. NHLPA has the cult mentality down pat. No dissension, no free thought or get ready to be ostracized. I remember the recent article about Fehr and a number of players blasting a player for asking why he hadn't see all the details of the previous NHL proposal, wonder if Hamrlik was at that meeting cause he seems to be the only anti-Fehr guy in the NHLPA.

Next step is Hamrlik waking up in his bed with a broken hockey stick in it.

Cole seems like a real winner. I love how taken aback he sounds at Hamrlik trying to have open discussion with other players that didn't fit the company line and Cole and the other enlightened players act like he was a ****ing double agent.

Also love that Cole praises the "sacrifice" of previous veterans and ***** all over Hamrilk, a veteran of 3 significant work stoppages.

I feel bad for the NHLPA members that aren't all the way in the tank cause their constitutes are making the lot of them appear extremely uneducated and petulant.

Last edited by Sivek: 11-21-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Closed Thread