HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART I

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
I cannot wait to see Zatkoff in the NHL

Old
11-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I cannot wait to see Zatkoff in the NHL
Same here, its been a pretty long time since we've had a good goalie prospect, if hes still considered one. But expect him to come up once vokouns contract runs out, or earlier barring injuries.

Old
11-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Sivek

Hopefully Kuhn's SO goal gives the staff the nudge it needs to start playing him in a more prominent role. Doesn't make much sense to bury him on the depth chart when the veterans aren't doing crap.

It pissed me off the one game he came in on the second pp unit, got a weak interference call right off the face-off and I don't think he's touched the pp since, no matter how dreadful it's been. This is the whole reason for the AHL, not to funnel 2nd-unit pp time to vet scrubs like Dupuis. Felt like he was on the pp for half the time it was out there. It sort kills my enthusiasm for watching WBS a bit.

Old
11-07-2012, 11:20 PM
MonsterSurge

You guys are nuts. You go from tearing apart NHL lineups to tearing apart AHL lineups. I'm not flaming you guys. It's just crazy...Lol.

GO MONSTERS!

Old
11-08-2012, 05:12 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
You guys are nuts. You go from tearing apart NHL lineups to tearing apart AHL lineups. I'm not flaming you guys. It's just crazy...Lol.

GO MONSTERS!
They really aren't very good, especially the veteran players. I've watched my 4th game now, and aside from Bortuzzo, Strait, and Tangradi, I haven't noticed on vet AHL player stepping up, especially the ones who were brought in solely to be that veteran presence on the team.

This WBS team misses all those guys from last years team.

Old
11-08-2012, 06:41 AM
bigd

Ive watched every WBS game so far and even though I haven't been impressed with Morrows defence his PP presence was sorely last tonight. They should have played 7 D and used Morrow or Grant on the PP. The PK, on the other hand, has been awesome. Very impressed with Dumoulin as a rookie Dman.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Shady Machine

Random but Justin Schultz is tearing up the AHL. 15 points in 10 games. I know he's playing with Eberle, Nuge, etc but he is outscoring all of them. I watched him play in Cleveland and he was the best player on the ice IMO.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

EDM is going to be an offensive powerhouse. If they can put together any semblance of a defense and goalie, they will be legitimate playoff team. Otherwise expect a lot of 6-4 type games. Should be fun to watch if nothing else.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:43 AM
JTG

Justin Schultz is going to be a hell of a hockey player.

Edmonton for a long time has been my second team. I still personally think they'd be a decent trade partner with us if our defensive prospects develop. They could use a guy like Paul Martin.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

He's a ****** though. Just my personal opinion.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:48 AM
JTG

Yeah, I don't like the tactics he used. That being said, he did nothing wrong.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Yeah, I don't like the tactics he used. That being said, he did nothing wrong.
Maybe, maybe not. He exploited a loophole in the CBA for his own personal reasons while leading a franchise to believe he'd join them.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful and I don't agree with how he did the process. Who knows how much the media is to blame for all the hype he got but he didn't really mind it either. Just reminded me too much of lebron.

This has happened before but a lot of people were rubbed the wrong by Justin's case even more for whatever particular reason. I feel for ducks fans (though edm fans say its karma) but imagine having 2 great wing prospects, so we trade one to fill a need, then the other one said "ehhhh psych I don't wanna play for you and I'm gonna stay within th conference"...

But anyways, back to WBS hockey. I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights and they did a good job bringing this Farnham guy into the fold. Exactly what they need with Sill out

Old
11-08-2012, 11:43 AM
steelcityassault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
But anyways, back to WBS hockey. I didn't watch the game but saw the highlights and they did a good job bringing this Farnham guy into the fold. Exactly what they need with Sill out
Farnham is playing harder than Sill ever has right now. And that's saying something

Old
11-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityassault View Post
Farnham is playing harder than Sill ever has right now. And that's saying something
How much can you attribute that to him trying to make a name for himself? Isn't he on a PTO. Fact is, pretty much no one knows a lot about him. He did do a good job of putting his name out there in just one game though.

I'll still take Sill any day of the week since he's the one with NHL potential

Old
11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
steelcityassault

Quote:
How much can you attribute that to him trying to make a name for himself? Isn't he on a PTO. Fact is, pretty much no one knows a lot about him. He did do a good job of putting his name out there in just one game though.

He's definitely trying to make a name for himself. But my contact in Wheeling (where he was recalled from) and the main announcer from his college days says he's been doing this on a nightly basis, the whole time.

Sill's potential isn't very high, it's as a 4th line banger. He needs to drop the gloves more IMO

Old
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Hans Rutherford
Oh no... my brains

I really want to see what kind of **** a Farnham, Sill and Uher line can stir up night-in and night-out.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:24 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGuins8711 View Post
I really want to see what kind of **** a Farnham, Sill and Uher line can stir up night-in and night-out.
Imagine if Joe Vitale was on that line!

Old
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:

Yeah me too, when Craig Adams retires (hopefully) I want Zach Sill or Dominik Uher to play on the 4th line.

Old
11-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Yeah me too, when Craig Adams retires (hopefully) I want Zach Sill or Dominik Uher to play on the 4th line.
Or gets waived

Hey a guy can dream.

Old
11-08-2012, 01:12 PM
MonsterSurge

Trade Adams for a 2020 7th round pick.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:13 PM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Justin Schultz is going to be a hell of a hockey player.

Edmonton for a long time has been my second team. I still personally think they'd be a decent trade partner with us if our defensive prospects develop. They could use a guy like Paul Martin.
You may have a point but Martin does have a no trade clause... hard to imagine him waiving it to Edmonton.

Now that Brodin is out 2-3 months, perhaps Minnesota would revisit a Martin (or Niskanen)-Setoguchi swap

Old
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post
You may have a point but Martin does have a no trade clause... hard to imagine him waiving it to Edmonton.

Now that Brodin is out 2-3 months, perhaps Minnesota would revisit a Martin (or Niskanen)-Setoguchi swap
If Shero got Setoguchi for Niskanen, then essentially he would've traded Goligoski for Neal and Setoguchi, which would just be amazing.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex View Post

It's not a bullet proof no trade clause, and now with the direction Edmonton is going, I'm not so sure they are an automatic on a lot of guy's no trade lists.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM
regard

Itd be so funny if Whitney and Martin ended up in the same place yet Pens fans wound up liking them as thier second team.

Old
11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Re: Niskanen.

I wouldn't be in such a hurry to trade our 2nd best defenseman from last season.

Closed Thread