HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

hawks/nucks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
  #1
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
hawks/nucks

To CHI: Luongo
To Van: Hjamerson + Shaw + Morrison

Hawks get a #1

Nucks boost their D with a very good #3 who can battle it out with Bieksa for the spot. hjamerson would be a great replacement for Salo and can be paired with Edler. shaw would fit well on their 3rd or 4th line and this would let BMO retire where hes had his best success.

Puckgenius* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:06 AM
  #2
TurdFerguson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Theres lots of teams who would want a guy like Hammer, Nucks aren't one of them.

TurdFerguson is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
  #3
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Why is Chicago trading a player they don't hold rights to?

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:25 AM
  #4
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?
 
Benedict Kovalchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: CASCADIA NOW
Country: Malta
Posts: 3,817
vCash: 500
The replacement for Salo is Garrison, the Canucks don't need Hjarmalsson or those spare parts...especially not for Luongo. Bad trade.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
  #5
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,306
vCash: 1675
Our top 6 is pretty much set, with

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

While most offers for Luongo these days have been quantity for quality, which I'm resigned to, I wouldn't want to do that with Chicago. Luongo on Chicago scares me, and I would want to have one of the big 4 coming our way to get me on board.(while Chicago says no right away too.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:34 AM
  #6
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Our top 6 is pretty much set, with

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

While most offers for Luongo these days have been quantity for quality, which I'm resigned to, I wouldn't want to do that with Chicago. Luongo on Chicago scares me, and I would want to have one of the big 4 coming our way to get me on board.(while Chicago says no right away too.
Luongo on Chicago scares me to. I have hopes of seeing Chicago win another Cup in the next 4-5 years.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
  #7
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
The replacement for Salo is Garrison, the Canucks don't need Hjarmalsson or those spare parts...especially not for Luongo. Bad trade.
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

ballard is terrible, even as a #5, imagine if you had hammer replace him.

Puckgenius* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
  #8
Yossarian54
Registered User
 
Yossarian54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
-Morrison isn't signed with Chicago and we have no space for him.

-Hjalmarsson would be relegated to the 3rd pair or press box. Futhermore he wouldn't be paired with Edler as he plays the left side. Nor would he compete with Bieksa for anything.

Shaw would be nice but we're not exactly lacking 2/3rd line wingers (Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Kassian).

This trade makes no sense whatsoever.

Yossarian54 is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
  #9
Cullksinikers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,916
vCash: 500
Horrendous for Chicago. Just plain bad. That's without Morrison, too, who isn't even a Hawk.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
  #10
Fastasaurus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskatoon,Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
To CHI: Luongo
To Van: Hjamerson + Shaw + Morrison

Hawks get a #1

Nucks boost their D with a very good #3 who can battle it out with Bieksa for the spot. hjamerson would be a great replacement for Salo and can be paired with Edler. shaw would fit well on their 3rd or 4th line and this would let BMO retire where hes had his best success.
Well done "puckgenius" Yet another fantastic proposal.

Fastasaurus is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
  #11
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,306
vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Horrendous for Chicago. Just plain bad. That's without Morrison, too, who isn't even a Hawk.
Yeah, a bottom 6 winger and a #4 defenseman to solve the biggest hole on Chicago's roster. Absolutely terrible.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
  #12
crazyhawk
Registered User
 
crazyhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
The last goaltender of Italian heritage in Chicago was of course Tony O, that said I don't think Lou is the answer. Too many issues with him in the big games and way too long of a contract.
Deal with Toronto ...

crazyhawk is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 11:24 AM
  #13
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,676
vCash: 500
Not even close.

We are giving up value for Luongo here, which I have no interest in doing.

These threads never end well either, so I'm done.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:25 PM
  #14
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 5,271
vCash: 50
Luongo is over his tantrum and has never demanded a trade publicly. There is no indication that Vancouver will trade him to another Western conference team. The Canucks simply would not get past him in the playoffs.

JuniorNelson is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:45 PM
  #15
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

ballard is terrible, even as a #5, imagine if you had hammer replace him.
Despite what you think of Garrison, the Canucks *just* signed him to a $4.6mill/yr contract. They aren't going to make a trade for another defender just because some fans think he's overrated. And I doubt any Canucks fan thinks that Garrison is going to duplicate his numbers from last year anyways. He's expected to be a solid defensive presence next to Edler, and take away all of Garrison's stats from his previous 3 years, and being a solid defensive presence is something he's brought consistently through that time, which is what he's expected to do again next to Edler, who's expected to provide the offense on that pairing.

And Ballard is FAR, FAR from being terrible as a #5. He's well overpaid for that role, but he's a very good #5 for the Canucks - and was all of last season when he wasn't injured.

This trade does nothing for the Canucks. They've made their decision on defense with the Garrison signing and they aren't going to make changes to that before he's even played a game for them.

NFITO is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:48 PM
  #16
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod
 
Yzlamic Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

ballard is terrible, even as a #5, imagine if you had hammer replace him.
"I made a horrible trade, defend...DEFEND!"

Ballard is not as bad as everyone thinks. Between Kadri and Ballard, I don't know who has a worse name. Ballard was Vancouver best defenseman in the playoffs, and close to the back end of the season. He might finally be finding his stride. Garrison might be a product of Campbell, or he might turn out to be a real good match for Edler, or good by himself. Point is, it too early to decide if Vancouver's will need help next season.

By the way your name is ironic.

Yzlamic Preacher is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM
  #17
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

ballard is terrible, even as a #5, imagine if you had hammer replace him.
Garrison is much better than Hjalmarsson in all 3 zones and would leave the Swede on the bottom pairing where he would be overpaid, just like Ballard.

Dave Bolland is the worst Hawk player I would accept in return for Luongo. If Bowman doesn't like it he can go into next season with putrid goaltending again.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
  #18
Szechwan
Plug Life.
 
Szechwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Ballard has somehow achieved some legendary status as the worst player in the NHL.

The guy's had some unfortunate injury troubles, (knee injury from a Milan Michalek slew foot, concussion) and its made finding a groove difficult for him.

When he's had an offseason of training like everyone else he's performed well as 2nd pairing d-man. It's when he misses time then has to jump back into action that he struggles.

The Canucks are perfectly comfortable having him on the 3rd pairing, as he's the perfect compliment to Tanev and the two have great chemistry. Hjalmarsson fits nowhere because Vancouver likes all their d-men to be above average puck movers.

Szechwan is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
  #19
arshonagon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Despite what you think of Garrison, the Canucks *just* signed him to a $4.6mill/yr contract. They aren't going to make a trade for another defender just because some fans think he's overrated. And I doubt any Canucks fan thinks that Garrison is going to duplicate his numbers from last year anyways. He's expected to be a solid defensive presence next to Edler, and take away all of Garrison's stats from his previous 3 years, and being a solid defensive presence is something he's brought consistently through that time, which is what he's expected to do again next to Edler, who's expected to provide the offense on that pairing.

And Ballard is FAR, FAR from being terrible as a #5. He's well overpaid for that role, but he's a very good #5 for the Canucks - and was all of last season when he wasn't injured.

This trade does nothing for the Canucks. They've made their decision on defense with the Garrison signing and they aren't going to make changes to that before he's even played a game for them.
I agree with you that all Cancuks fans want is Garrison to be a steady, physical defensive presence next to Edler. I haven't talked to a Canucks fan I can remember expecting him to replicate his numbers from last year.

What I don't get is when people start saying he was a product of Campbell. He is expected to play with Edler, is Edler some kind of bum all of the sudden? Because last I checked he was one of the better offensive defense-men int he league. He also feeds some nice feathery passes for one timers, something Garrison is pretty adept at launching.

arshonagon is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
  #20
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
I agree with you that all Cancuks fans want is Garrison to be a steady, physical defensive presence next to Edler. I haven't talked to a Canucks fan I can remember expecting him to replicate his numbers from last year.

What I don't get is when people start saying he was a product of Campbell. He is expected to play with Edler, is Edler some kind of bum all of the sudden? Because last I checked he was one of the better offensive defense-men int he league. He also feeds some nice feathery passes for one timers, something Garrison is pretty adept at launching.
I don't get this either haha. Edler is at least as good as Campbell, why can't Garrison be a product of Edler next season? We just want him and Edler to have chemistry and the ability to log minutes. Garrison has a blast, I'm sure he'll also find a way to notch some goals.

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
  #21
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Luongo on Chicago scares me to. I have hopes of seeing Chicago win another Cup in the next 4-5 years.
all hope of that happening went away when your gm couldn't get in his qualifying offers in on time

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
  #22
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
all hope of that happening went away when your gm couldn't get in his qualifying offers in on time
Ya, because even if he did, we would of been able to keep 80mil dollars worth of players on a 70mil cap.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
  #23
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Garrison is much better than Hjalmarsson in all 3 zones and would leave the Swede on the bottom pairing where he would be overpaid, just like Ballard.

Dave Bolland is the worst Hawk player I would accept in return for Luongo. If Bowman doesn't like it he can go into next season with putrid goaltending again.
Yes, because Luongo's carried Vancouver to the promis.. ahh, nevermind.

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  #24
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
all hope of that happening went away when your gm couldn't get in his qualifying offers in on time
That was the least of Chicago's problems, care to try again?

HockeySensible is offline  
Old
09-29-2012, 03:09 PM
  #25
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
That was the least of Chicago's problems, care to try again?
Wasn't your Cup team torn apart because of that mistake? Least bit... ok

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.