HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

hawks/nucks

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Puckgenius*

vCash: 500
hawks/nucks

To CHI: Luongo
To Van: Hjamerson + Shaw + Morrison

Hawks get a #1

Nucks boost their D with a very good #3 who can battle it out with Bieksa for the spot. hjamerson would be a great replacement for Salo and can be paired with Edler. shaw would fit well on their 3rd or 4th line and this would let BMO retire where hes had his best success.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:06 AM
TurdFerguson

Theres lots of teams who would want a guy like Hammer, Nucks aren't one of them.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Why is Chicago trading a player they don't hold rights to?

Old
09-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

The replacement for Salo is Garrison, the Canucks don't need Hjarmalsson or those spare parts...especially not for Luongo. Bad trade.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Our top 6 is pretty much set, with

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

While most offers for Luongo these days have been quantity for quality, which I'm resigned to, I wouldn't want to do that with Chicago. Luongo on Chicago scares me, and I would want to have one of the big 4 coming our way to get me on board.(while Chicago says no right away too.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:34 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Our top 6 is pretty much set, with

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

While most offers for Luongo these days have been quantity for quality, which I'm resigned to, I wouldn't want to do that with Chicago. Luongo on Chicago scares me, and I would want to have one of the big 4 coming our way to get me on board.(while Chicago says no right away too.
Luongo on Chicago scares me to. I have hopes of seeing Chicago win another Cup in the next 4-5 years.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Puckgenius*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
The replacement for Salo is Garrison, the Canucks don't need Hjarmalsson or those spare parts...especially not for Luongo. Bad trade.
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

ballard is terrible, even as a #5, imagine if you had hammer replace him.

Old
09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Yossarian54

-Morrison isn't signed with Chicago and we have no space for him.

-Hjalmarsson would be relegated to the 3rd pair or press box. Futhermore he wouldn't be paired with Edler as he plays the left side. Nor would he compete with Bieksa for anything.

Shaw would be nice but we're not exactly lacking 2/3rd line wingers (Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Kassian).

This trade makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:25 AM
Cullksinikers

Horrendous for Chicago. Just plain bad. That's without Morrison, too, who isn't even a Hawk.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
To CHI: Luongo
To Van: Hjamerson + Shaw + Morrison

Hawks get a #1

Nucks boost their D with a very good #3 who can battle it out with Bieksa for the spot. hjamerson would be a great replacement for Salo and can be paired with Edler. shaw would fit well on their 3rd or 4th line and this would let BMO retire where hes had his best success.
Well done "puckgenius" Yet another fantastic proposal.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Horrendous for Chicago. Just plain bad. That's without Morrison, too, who isn't even a Hawk.
Yeah, a bottom 6 winger and a #4 defenseman to solve the biggest hole on Chicago's roster. Absolutely terrible.

Old
09-29-2012, 10:33 AM
crazyhawk

The last goaltender of Italian heritage in Chicago was of course Tony O, that said I don't think Lou is the answer. Too many issues with him in the big games and way too long of a contract.
Deal with Toronto ...

Old
09-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Hawkaholic

Not even close.

We are giving up value for Luongo here, which I have no interest in doing.

These threads never end well either, so I'm done.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:25 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Luongo is over his tantrum and has never demanded a trade publicly. There is no indication that Vancouver will trade him to another Western conference team. The Canucks simply would not get past him in the playoffs.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:45 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
garrison is way overrated, inflated stats due to playing in FLA and with Campbell.

Despite what you think of Garrison, the Canucks *just* signed him to a $4.6mill/yr contract. They aren't going to make a trade for another defender just because some fans think he's overrated. And I doubt any Canucks fan thinks that Garrison is going to duplicate his numbers from last year anyways. He's expected to be a solid defensive presence next to Edler, and take away all of Garrison's stats from his previous 3 years, and being a solid defensive presence is something he's brought consistently through that time, which is what he's expected to do again next to Edler, who's expected to provide the offense on that pairing.

And Ballard is FAR, FAR from being terrible as a #5. He's well overpaid for that role, but he's a very good #5 for the Canucks - and was all of last season when he wasn't injured.

This trade does nothing for the Canucks. They've made their decision on defense with the Garrison signing and they aren't going to make changes to that before he's even played a game for them.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:

"I made a horrible trade, defend...DEFEND!"

Ballard is not as bad as everyone thinks. Between Kadri and Ballard, I don't know who has a worse name. Ballard was Vancouver best defenseman in the playoffs, and close to the back end of the season. He might finally be finding his stride. Garrison might be a product of Campbell, or he might turn out to be a real good match for Edler, or good by himself. Point is, it too early to decide if Vancouver's will need help next season.

By the way your name is ironic.

Old
09-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:

Garrison is much better than Hjalmarsson in all 3 zones and would leave the Swede on the bottom pairing where he would be overpaid, just like Ballard.

Dave Bolland is the worst Hawk player I would accept in return for Luongo. If Bowman doesn't like it he can go into next season with putrid goaltending again.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

Ballard has somehow achieved some legendary status as the worst player in the NHL.

The guy's had some unfortunate injury troubles, (knee injury from a Milan Michalek slew foot, concussion) and its made finding a groove difficult for him.

When he's had an offseason of training like everyone else he's performed well as 2nd pairing d-man. It's when he misses time then has to jump back into action that he struggles.

The Canucks are perfectly comfortable having him on the 3rd pairing, as he's the perfect compliment to Tanev and the two have great chemistry. Hjalmarsson fits nowhere because Vancouver likes all their d-men to be above average puck movers.

Old
09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
arshonagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
Despite what you think of Garrison, the Canucks *just* signed him to a $4.6mill/yr contract. They aren't going to make a trade for another defender just because some fans think he's overrated. And I doubt any Canucks fan thinks that Garrison is going to duplicate his numbers from last year anyways. He's expected to be a solid defensive presence next to Edler, and take away all of Garrison's stats from his previous 3 years, and being a solid defensive presence is something he's brought consistently through that time, which is what he's expected to do again next to Edler, who's expected to provide the offense on that pairing.

And Ballard is FAR, FAR from being terrible as a #5. He's well overpaid for that role, but he's a very good #5 for the Canucks - and was all of last season when he wasn't injured.

This trade does nothing for the Canucks. They've made their decision on defense with the Garrison signing and they aren't going to make changes to that before he's even played a game for them.
I agree with you that all Cancuks fans want is Garrison to be a steady, physical defensive presence next to Edler. I haven't talked to a Canucks fan I can remember expecting him to replicate his numbers from last year.

What I don't get is when people start saying he was a product of Campbell. He is expected to play with Edler, is Edler some kind of bum all of the sudden? Because last I checked he was one of the better offensive defense-men int he league. He also feeds some nice feathery passes for one timers, something Garrison is pretty adept at launching.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshonagon View Post
I agree with you that all Cancuks fans want is Garrison to be a steady, physical defensive presence next to Edler. I haven't talked to a Canucks fan I can remember expecting him to replicate his numbers from last year.

What I don't get is when people start saying he was a product of Campbell. He is expected to play with Edler, is Edler some kind of bum all of the sudden? Because last I checked he was one of the better offensive defense-men int he league. He also feeds some nice feathery passes for one timers, something Garrison is pretty adept at launching.
I don't get this either haha. Edler is at least as good as Campbell, why can't Garrison be a product of Edler next season? We just want him and Edler to have chemistry and the ability to log minutes. Garrison has a blast, I'm sure he'll also find a way to notch some goals.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Luongo on Chicago scares me to. I have hopes of seeing Chicago win another Cup in the next 4-5 years.
all hope of that happening went away when your gm couldn't get in his qualifying offers in on time

Old
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
all hope of that happening went away when your gm couldn't get in his qualifying offers in on time
Ya, because even if he did, we would of been able to keep 80mil dollars worth of players on a 70mil cap.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Garrison is much better than Hjalmarsson in all 3 zones and would leave the Swede on the bottom pairing where he would be overpaid, just like Ballard.

Dave Bolland is the worst Hawk player I would accept in return for Luongo. If Bowman doesn't like it he can go into next season with putrid goaltending again.
Yes, because Luongo's carried Vancouver to the promis.. ahh, nevermind.

Old
09-29-2012, 02:36 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
That was the least of Chicago's problems, care to try again?

Old
09-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
That was the least of Chicago's problems, care to try again?
Wasn't your Cup team torn apart because of that mistake? Least bit... ok

Closed Thread