Notices

Wild trying to sign Brent Burns!!!

Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2003, 06:40 PM
DW

vCash: 500
Wild trying to sign Brent Burns!!!

Good news from the preseason camp for once. It seems that the Wild have offered Burns a contract. The article in the Star Tribune states that this is why Burns did not play in friday's game. (Some sort of team policy.) This explains alot about Lemaire saying there was "internal things" and "that he can't talk about it" on the reasoning why Burns didn't play.

There happens to be two articles in the paper about Burns. The other is a pretty good write up about his character. Also in the article it states that Lemaire doesn't think Burns can learn too much playing in the OHL this season. This all sounds too familiar, doesn't it?

Anyways, it's good news.

Too bad I havn't figured out how to insert links yet. Maybe someone can give one out for the rest of the fans.

Old
09-20-2003, 06:55 PM
Dan-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
Good news from the preseason camp for once. It seems that the Wild have offered Burns a contract. The article in the Star Tribune states that this is why Burns did not play in friday's game. (Some sort of team policy.) This explains alot about Lemaire saying there was "internal things" and "that he can't talk about it" on the reasoning why Burns didn't play.

There happens to be two articles in the paper about Burns. The other is a pretty good write up about his character. Also in the article it states that Lemaire doesn't think Burns can learn too much playing in the OHL this season. This all sounds too familiar, doesn't it?

Anyways, it's good news.

Too bad I havn't figured out how to insert links yet. Maybe someone can give one out for the rest of the fans.
HOLY $HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
09-20-2003, 07:04 PM
vitogor

I hope he accepts the contract really soon, so he can play tomorrow

Old
09-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Dan-o

Here are the links.

Star Trib. Article #1

Star Trib. Article #2

Old
09-21-2003, 04:51 AM
theo6060

Wow! What is it with the Wild and taking their prospects to the next level before any other team? Smart drafting I guess...

Old
09-21-2003, 06:58 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 1582
with burns probally going to make the team, and LeMaire is prasing Roche, likes McAlpine. Toss in Daigle and Brander. We lost Lubs and Ronning. Two out 5 in. My math is not that bad so gets the shaft? And if Burns makes the team does that mean PM will be full time?

Old
09-21-2003, 07:05 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Send a message via Yahoo to aylib
I think on D we might have:

Bomber
Kuba
Michalek
Mitchell
Roche
Schultz
Zyuzin

With some people rotating at the beginning of the season (maybe Roche/Michalek).

(McAlpine) as the call-up guy.

As far as forwards- I have no clue.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:10 AM
aylib
User and abuser

I believe PM Bouchard will be full time 100%. Right now we re not only missing Ronning, but Dupuis and Bouchard as well. Obviously some bodies need to fill the empty spots, so 3 forward positions are open, that is until Walshes' clients come back, then 2 players might get sent down. Burns might get sent to juniors before Sept 28, so there is a good chance he will make the team. Daigle I am sure will have a two way contract if he is signed, then there is the third slot thats open...

Old
09-21-2003, 07:16 AM
aylib
User and abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher
with burns probally going to make the team, and LeMaire is prasing Roche, likes McAlpine. Toss in Daigle and Brander. We lost Lubs and Ronning. Two out 5 in. My math is not that bad so gets the shaft? And if Burns makes the team does that mean PM will be full time?
Well, I think we need to fill 3 forward positions (Walshes clients + Ronning are gone, for now at least) and when they come back, someone on the Wild's roster will be sent down/to juniors. So, if Lemaire wants Burns to play and then send him to OHL, then we might see a signing of Dupuis/Gaborik before sept. 28. Daigle I am sure will have a two way contract if he does sign, so that leaves us with only one peranent position that needs to be filled at forward.

Closed Thread