HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carl Soderberg threatens Hakan Loobs goal record in the top division

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
  #126
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
I sure ****ing hope so ...
Just what I was talking about.

Ratty is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:27 PM
  #127
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St Petersburg
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Third rate league? When the NHL is actually playing the SEL is the 2nd best league in the world. Right now it's probably the first. How is the KHL clearly more difficult? brandon bochenski is almost a PPG in the KHL
Who is the leading point scorer in the SEL? Some dude named Bud Holloway, maybe we should trade for his rights? It’s pretty foolish to believe player X is scoring in league Y it will translate to the NHL, the European game is far different than in NA and many players from Europe can’t handle the change (also hard for some NA players to handle the European game).

Also, it depends on your definition of ‘best league’. There is little doubt the best teams outside of the NHL play in the KHL, zero debate. However, the disparity of talent between KHL teams is greater than SEL teams because there are 26 KHL clubs to 12 SEL clubs. The SEL is probably the most competitive league, but the best KHL clubs are better than the best SEL clubs.

finchster is online now  
Old
12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
  #128
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Who is the leading point scorer in the SEL? Some dude named Bud Holloway, maybe we should trade for his rights? It’s pretty foolish to believe player X is scoring in league Y it will translate to the NHL, the European game is far different than in NA and many players from Europe can’t handle the change (also hard for some NA players to handle the European game).

Also, it depends on your definition of ‘best league’. There is little doubt the best teams outside of the NHL play in the KHL, zero debate. However, the disparity of talent between KHL teams is greater than SEL teams because there are 26 KHL clubs to 12 SEL clubs. The SEL is probably the most competitive league, but the best KHL clubs are better than the best SEL clubs.
Why trash Bud Holloway the Kings had a loaded system do you know what you are talking about? Lombardi is a jerk to his excellent prospects and never traded them to get them a better shot at the NHL he is notorious for it.

Guys like Loktionov, Tiffoli etc came along and he didn't have a spot there getting pushed down the depth chart by excellent prospects (remember Schenn was still Kings property of course so there's another guy not on the NHL roster who is gonna get a shot before him) despite being very good in the A and has now gone onto shine in Sweden. Voynov didn't get a shot with the NHL team in forever and was huge winnign them a cup despite lots of rotting in Manchester.

Find a better example for trashing Soderberg than Holloway, please. I saw him play in Manchester he is a good NHL level hockey player.


Mike Knuble was the best player in Europe last lockout so yeah its a little different since he was never an elite NHLer but its still hockey the cream rises to the top.

Caron is disgracing himself in Providence while Soderberg might set an alltime record and the fact is you probably don't want PC to give CS a 1 way deal since it will hurt Jordans feelings bc he gets told to get an apartment in Boston.

Soderberg's competition for a roster spot in Boston is Spooner, Caron, Bourque, Knight.


Bourque can have pressbox duty. Caron has regressed. Spooner and Knight can use some seasoning. None of those guys have done enough to have a beef with the organization if it rewards CS with a 1 way deal.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 09:32 AM
  #129
Mazzie
Registered User
 
Mazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Southwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 840
vCash: 500
If I had to make a wager, I would say that Carl grew up dreaming about playing in the SEL, and now he is doing it, and apparently dominating the league. Maybe he is living out his dream and loving it. If my speculation is correct, then I'm happy for him and understand not wanting to move away from home to battle for a bottom 6 roster spot.

Mazzie is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
  #130
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
I think the biggest difference between Söderberg and Holloway is that while Holloway is a great scorer, he is nowhere near the two-way player that Carl is. Some of the highest praise Carl has gotten so far this season has come in the last few games where he hasn't gotten any points, but still dominated with hard work and sacrificing for the team. When Holloway doesn't get the space he needs, he's practically invisible.

Funny you mention Mike Knuble by the way - he played on Linköping's team during the last lock-out, together with Morrison and Huselius. We've had some pretty damn good players on our team throughout the years, but people within the organization (as well as the fans, of course) say that Carl probably is the best player we've ever had. Everybody is pretty much prepared for his departure after this season, he is waaay too good for the SEL.

I think the only reason why he wouldn't go to the NHL is the fact that he just didn't like it the last time he was over. Not (just) the Peoria business, but the U.S. "experience" as a whole. Also, he probably would have to leave his girlfriend, as she's a doctor at the hospital in Linköping, a job I guess it's not too easy just leaving and then finding a new one in a new country. :p


Last edited by Schnurvel: 12-10-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Schnurvel is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
  #131
Kegs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
I think the biggest difference between Söderberg and Holloway is that while Holloway is a great scorer, he is nowhere near the two-way player that Carl is. Some of the highest praise Carl has gotten so far this season has come in the last few games where he hasn't gotten any points, but still dominated with hard work and sacrificing for the team. When Holloway doesn't get the space he needs, he's practically invisible.

Funny you mention Mike Knuble by the way - he played on Linköping's team during the last lock-out, together with Morrison and Huselius. We've had some pretty damn good players on our team throughout the years, but people within the organization (as well as the fans, of course) say that Carl probably is the best player we've ever had. Everybody is pretty much prepared for his departure after this season, he is waaay too good for the SEL.

I think the only reason why he wouldn't go to the NHL is the fact that he just didn't like it the last time he was over. Not (just) the Peoria business, but the U.S. "experience" as a whole. Also, he probably would have to leave his girlfriend, as she's a doctor at the hospital in Linköping, a job I guess it's not too easy just leaving and then finding a new one in a new country. :p
You know what makes your posts about him better then my fellow north Americans and I? You clearly watch him play. I would lOve to see him at training camp. He is prime age so his development is probably as complete as they come. If he actually comes here ill get maybe slightly excited. But until then he I just a dead contract playing in a league with way less elite talent.

Kegs is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
  #132
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...senGuldpucken/

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 04:09 PM
  #133
Zibanejad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
I think the biggest difference between Söderberg and Holloway is that while Holloway is a great scorer, he is nowhere near the two-way player that Carl is. Some of the highest praise Carl has gotten so far this season has come in the last few games where he hasn't gotten any points, but still dominated with hard work and sacrificing for the team. When Holloway doesn't get the space he needs, he's practically invisible.

Funny you mention Mike Knuble by the way - he played on Linköping's team during the last lock-out, together with Morrison and Huselius. We've had some pretty damn good players on our team throughout the years, but people within the organization (as well as the fans, of course) say that Carl probably is the best player we've ever had. Everybody is pretty much prepared for his departure after this season, he is waaay too good for the SEL.

I think the only reason why he wouldn't go to the NHL is the fact that he just didn't like it the last time he was over. Not (just) the Peoria business, but the U.S. "experience" as a whole. Also, he probably would have to leave his girlfriend, as she's a doctor at the hospital in Linköping, a job I guess it's not too easy just leaving and then finding a new one in a new country. :p
A lot of comparison can be drawn between Johan Franzén and Carl Söderberg..

Zibanejad is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
  #134
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibanejad View Post
A lot of comparison can be drawn between Johan Franzén and Carl Söderberg..
Yup, I've heard that one before as well. Even Johan Hemlin made that comparison in an interview at the beginning of last season (I think it was right after Carl was injured).

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
  #135
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
How can Bruins Nation not embrace a winner of the "guldpucken" award?

Ratty is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 07:48 PM
  #136
mattbnh
Registered User
 
mattbnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New Hampster
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
I think the only reason why he wouldn't go to the NHL is the fact that he just didn't like it the last time he was over. Not (just) the Peoria business, but the U.S. "experience" as a whole. Also, he probably would have to leave his girlfriend, as she's a doctor at the hospital in Linköping, a job I guess it's not too easy just leaving and then finding a new one in a new country. :p
Seriously, I would rather see the guy be happy in Sweden than come to Boston and disappoint himself and Boston fans. He might well make the Bruins, but he might well not, and I think the time when going to Providence would be worthwhile for him is long past. If Boston had another Swedish player, or if someone like Axe was still active in the organization, I would be more enthused, but Carl doesn't sound like a guy who will prosper from being alone on his own island. I think he would be accepted by teammates but fans might be a little impatient.
If he gives it a try, I be pulling for him. If not, have a good SEL career and marry a doctor - nothing wrong with that.

mattbnh is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
  #137
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
Seriously, I would rather see the guy be happy in Sweden than come to Boston and disappoint himself and Boston fans. He might well make the Bruins, but he might well not, and I think the time when going to Providence would be worthwhile for him is long past. If Boston had another Swedish player, or if someone like Axe was still active in the organization, I would be more enthused, but Carl doesn't sound like a guy who will prosper from being alone on his own island. I think he would be accepted by teammates but fans might be a little impatient.
If he gives it a try, I be pulling for him. If not, have a good SEL career and marry a doctor - nothing wrong with that.
The way svedberg is playing in providence, he can be backup next year, there's a fellow swede for him. Hell, if there's a season & we can pull a radulov & use him for a stretch run once sel season is over, i'd take it. Better than nothing. Also, his competition is jordan caron & chris bourque. If he can't beat them out, then who cares anyway?

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 06:03 AM
  #138
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
Seriously, I would rather see the guy be happy in Sweden than come to Boston and disappoint himself and Boston fans. He might well make the Bruins, but he might well not, and I think the time when going to Providence would be worthwhile for him is long past. If Boston had another Swedish player, or if someone like Axe was still active in the organization, I would be more enthused, but Carl doesn't sound like a guy who will prosper from being alone on his own island. I think he would be accepted by teammates but fans might be a little impatient.
If he gives it a try, I be pulling for him. If not, have a good SEL career and marry a doctor - nothing wrong with that.
Good points, I think my lack of pure interest in the guy has been squashed strictly by the fact he seems more than comfortable where he is. Originally I blasted him, my stance has changed, I get a touch more frustrated with a few here who have the advantage of seeing him play and talk as though this guy is the second coming (of Hakan Loob as it stands in this post).

Is he dominant over there?? Maybe, and that`s great

Come talk to me when/if he ever changes his mind and truly goes up against the best in the world, and THOSE players are found in the NHL. I`ll always have issues with players and I`ll always question their desire when they choose the easier and softer way rather than push themselves, challenge themselves against the highest level of competition.

Totally within his right to stay home, make good money, play a high level of hockey etc....I`m just tired hearing about it, a ton of ink this kid is getting here for having not so much as make even the smallest dent on pro hockey in NA

ODAAT is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:23 AM
  #139
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Good points, I think my lack of pure interest in the guy has been squashed strictly by the fact he seems more than comfortable where he is. I blasted him, my stance has changed, I get a touch more frustrated with a few here who have the advantage of seeing him play and talk as though this guy is the second coming (of Hakan Loob as it stands in this post).

Is he dominant over there?? Maybe, and that`s great

Come talk to me when/if he ever changes his mind and truly goes up against the best in the world, and THOSE players are found in the NHL. I`ll always have issues with players and I`ll always question their desire when they choose the easier and softer way rather than push themselves, challenge themselves against the highest level of competition.

Totally within his right to stay home, make good money, play a high level of hockey etc....I`m just tired hearing about it, a ton of ink this kid is getting here for having not so much as make even the smallest dent on pro hockey in NA
"I blasted him, my stance has changed......"Amazing what a few goals will do.

Ratty is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:36 AM
  #140
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,344
vCash: 500
I never had an issue with him wanting to stay in Sweden. What I took issue with was his constant statements to the team that he would come over for camp and then back out at the last second. Followed by the most recent position that he'd only come over if he was guaranteed a spot. If he wants to stay home, go for it. Enjoy life in your home country and have a wonderful time. No hard feelings at all. Just don't play this game of constantly changing your story. That's why I laugh about people talking as if he's a legit prospect. Sure, he seems to have a great skill set, but it's meaningless to the team and it's fans if he doesn't come over.

LSCII is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:47 AM
  #141
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
"I blasted him, my stance has changed......"Amazing what a few goals will do.
Nope, initially I blasted him for not having the drive to come to NA and put his best foot forward, I love the NHL, love watching highly skilled players regardless of whom they play for, I actually find it disappointing when a player who has "potential" never puts it to the test of the NHL. I don`t give a rats behind about his stats, never liked his entitled attitude ie: guaranteed spot

I have however, changed my stance on the fact that he should do whatever he wants in regards to playing where he chooses to, just fatigued reading about all these highlight reel goals, still puzzles me that a player with his apparant skill wouldn`t at the very least like to see exactly where he stands in relation to the best in the world.

Perhaps that`s the problem, he knows that where he is, he`s a top flight player, in NA, his game maybe wouldn`t cut it??

ODAAT is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
  #142
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
That's why I laugh about people talking as if he's a legit prospect. Sure, he seems to have a great skill set, but it's meaningless to the team and it's fans if he doesn't come over.
and isn't he a UFA anyway? i thought the bruins wound up not suspending him, which would mean his contract is up. if that's true, i highly doubt he'd be playing in boston.

neelynugs is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:00 PM
  #143
Schnurvel
Registered User
 
Schnurvel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Växjö/Linköping
Country: Sweden
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I never had an issue with him wanting to stay in Sweden. What I took issue with was his constant statements to the team that he would come over for camp and then back out at the last second. Followed by the most recent position that he'd only come over if he was guaranteed a spot. If he wants to stay home, go for it. Enjoy life in your home country and have a wonderful time. No hard feelings at all. Just don't play this game of constantly changing your story. That's why I laugh about people talking as if he's a legit prospect. Sure, he seems to have a great skill set, but it's meaningless to the team and it's fans if he doesn't come over.
So have you ever actually seen him talk about this, or are you judging him based on what his agent and Malmö have said?

Schnurvel is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:31 PM
  #144
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnurvel View Post
So have you ever actually seen him talk about this, or are you judging him based on what his agent and Malmö have said?
I'm basing it on what the GM of the Boston Bruins said. He doesn't want to come here anyway, so why bother? Great if you want to do the updates, but he's not a prospect for the Bruins in any sense. If he were though the prospect thread would be a great place for this type of stuff. At the very least, he certainly doesn't require his own thread.

LSCII is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:34 PM
  #145
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
and isn't he a UFA anyway? i thought the bruins wound up not suspending him, which would mean his contract is up. if that's true, i highly doubt he'd be playing in boston.
Yeah, I'm not sure as I've heard conflicting things about this. I'd personally love to clarify it, so we could offload this Soderberg thread nonsense that's been going on for nearly 5 *** years now.

LSCII is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 03:39 PM
  #146
JMiller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Watertown
Posts: 13,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure as I've heard conflicting things about this. I'd personally love to clarify it, so we could offload this Soderberg thread nonsense that's been going on for nearly 5 *** years now.
I'd love clarification too, for the exact opposite reason.

JMiller is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:54 PM
  #147
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 5,823
vCash: 500
It really frosts me that guys who are sick and tired of all the Soderberg threads regularly contribute to them, which, in turn, keeps them going. If they'd ignore them maybe they'd go away.

Ratty is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
  #148
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
It really frosts me that guys who are sick and tired of all the Soderberg threads regularly contribute to them, which, in turn, keeps them going. If they'd ignore them maybe they'd go away.
Yah, not to mention our GM's only good draft picks (for the most part I don't want to get into that) came courtesy of Brian Burke anyone would have taken Seguin and Hamilton.

Christian Hansen is proving to be better than Jordan Caron how can you not want to give Soderberg a chance considering the way he is lighting up a legit league?

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
  #149
LSCII
Dark Cloud
 
LSCII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Central MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Yah, not to mention our GM's only good draft picks (for the most part I don't want to get into that) came courtesy of Brian Burke anyone would have taken Seguin and Hamilton.

Christian Hansen is proving to be better than Jordan Caron how can you not want to give Soderberg a chance considering the way he is lighting up a legit league?
Again, do they even own the guy's rights at this point? Nobody seems to know. So it's useless speculation on what is potentially nothing more than FA player over in the SEL.

LSCII is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 08:11 AM
  #150
flannelman
default user
 
flannelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lempster, NH
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,618
vCash: 920
There's an 'ignore thread' option, too. Use it all the time.

Anywho: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471262

Still listed as part of roster. How accurate that is, who knows? Maybe KPD can ask Chia Pet and get an article out of it to piss some of you off.

If he'd come over, I'd welcome him. If he's content there, I understand that, too.

flannelman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.