HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Regular Season (3-4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 11:04 AM
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF

vCash: 500
I attribute our 6 sacks to the ineptitude of the Cards Oline over our DL and coaching... Hell, cards gave up 9 sacks last week so I was disappointed we didn't get more.

Old
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
I attribute our 6 sacks to the ineptitude of the Cards Oline over our DL and coaching... Hell, cards gave up 9 sacks last week so I was disappointed we didn't get more.
If it werent for the ineptitude of the refs we would have had 9. =/

Old
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
Jack-ed up!

Merriman back?:

Quote:
Jeff Russo ‏@JeffRussoWKBW
@JayGlazer reports that the #Bills have brought back DE Shawne Merriman
https://twitter.com/JeffRussoWKBW/st...26246242070529

Old
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Merriman back?
Merriman returns:
Quote:
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
Guess who's back in Buffalo? Shawne Merriman just agreed to a deal with the Bills. He was brought in for a look today.

Link: https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/257925166087143424

Old
10-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL WTF??? Why? Was he still living in Buffalo?

What happened to old man Anderson? I saw he wasnt playing yesterday.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
I was flipping through the AM radio dial tonight, and they were TALKIN' BOUT PLAYOFFS on WGR

Might the Bills be the worst 3-3 team in the league ?
You haven't seen the Jets or Dolphins yet. As a Pack fan I contest our O-ine and D are HORRIFIC. Rodgers hides a lot of flaws.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
Jack-ed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
You haven't seen the Jets or Dolphins yet. As a Pack fan I contest our O-ine and D are HORRIFIC. Rodgers hides a lot of flaws.
Well, we did get blown out buy the Jets in Week 1. Though then again, they've since lost Revis and Holmes to season-ending injuries. And to be fair, we haven't played Miami yet.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Lindell hasn't tried a 50+ FG since 2010? That seems really puzzling since plenty of kickers are nailing 50+ fg's every Sunday.
Read an article on one of the GR columns today that Chan said HE DOESN'T like to kick 50+ yarders. so this is more of a Chandler Gailey thing.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post
Well, we did get blown out buy the Jets in Week 1. Though then again, they've since lost Revis and Holmes to season-ending injuries. And to be fair, we haven't played Miami yet.
That was a fluke. The Jets look really challenged but can beat a team like Indy. The win against Miami was a terrible gift. Carpenter missed 2 FG's that were makeable for him.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Agreed, and while they're at it they should also get Patrick Willis and Jordy Nelson.

You should have said DONALD DRIVER. Because Nelson is a stud. Willis is terrible and if people wanna complain about Fitz, watch Vick, sacked and fumbles a lot, gets picked. Hes way too inconsistent. The 2010 season was a fluke catching everyone off guard.

Old
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
dma0034

Quote:
You should have said DONALD DRIVER. Because Nelson is a stud. Willis is terrible and if people wanna complain about Fitz, watch Vick, sacked and fumbles a lot, gets picked. Hes way too inconsistent. The 2010 season was a fluke catching everyone off guard.
Well someone doesnt know what they are talking. Literally would say the exact opposite of Vick, Nelson and Willis.

Willis may be the best Defensive Player in the league.

Vick has had trouble with his O-Line (McCoy hasn't been good this year either).

Nelson (despite what he did yesturday) isn't really that good. Living in Greg Jenning's shadow has its advantages (please go out and sign Jennings next year)

Old
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

Thank you for saving me some time by making it easy to never take you seriously ever again.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
boots electric

He can't possibly be talking about Patrick Willis can he? Please tell me this is some sort of gross misunderstanding and he's thinking of Willis McGahee or Peyton Hillis or something

Old
10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Well someone doesnt know what they are talking. Literally would say the exact opposite of Vick, Nelson and Willis.

Nelson (despite what he did yesturday) isn't really that good. Living in Greg Jenning's shadow has its advantages (please go out and sign Jennings next year)
How can there be so much wrong in one thread?

Nelson heavily out-produced Jennings last year in less starts, and with Jennings injured again (shocking) this season, Nelson is far and away the best receiver on the team.

He out-produced him when they played together, and without Jennings "shadow" he's their best receiver.

Old
10-15-2012, 03:55 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Speculation from the football board was that Jennings might be let go and Nelson kept. Nelson/Jones would be cheaper than keeping Jennings and can definitely get the job done.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
MLH

Quote:
Read an article on one of the GR columns today that Chan said HE DOESN'T like to kick 50+ yarders. so this is more of a Chandler Gailey thing.
Lindell is a poor kicker. He's 65% from 40-49 yards in his career' which is lower that the league wide 50+ percentage this season. He hasn't made a FG as long as yesterday's would-be attempt since 2009. Given the new rules, the Cards back up QB in the game, and the fact that Lindell's leg is so weak now he can't even kick off and the punt is a no brainer for me. It's kind of sad that we have two kickers on the team and 53 yard FG is a non-starter, but that's what we have. The punt was the right call.

That said, Chan made enough indefensible decisions yesterday to warrant his firing. He is a terrible coach.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Patrick Willis is on track to be a Hall of Famer... he's been the best linebacker in the league every year of his career...

Old
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I think Finley's the actual winner of "totally overrated Packers receiver."

And three touchdowns in one game doesn't offset going 1 for 5 while your offense struggles as "the guy." I wouldn't hand my offense over to Nelson/Jones/Finley at all, and my early viewing of Rodgers and the Packers has shown an offense that misses Jennings and Driver's ability to stretch the field vertically from a few years ago.

That being said, eye tests are meaningless nowadays, and Football Outsiders said Nelson was one of last season's best wideouts. I'll have to focus on that the next time I watch that team.

Old
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Merriman returns:
Extremely pleased with getting Merriman back. A few of you know how I felt when we released him a few months ago. I really think if he's healthy he still has something to give to this team and with Anderson out, I want to see what he can do. I understand releasing him a few months ago due to the money he was going to make, but now we have him for what should be extremely cheap. Low risk, high reward potential now. He won't be playing every down.

Before his release I really wanted to see Merriman have a chance in the regular season but he didn't end up making the team out of camp. Now he'll get that chance, likely his last one ever. Very happy he's getting a shot because I felt he looked pretty good in preseason.

Old
10-16-2012, 12:56 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
How can there be so much wrong in one thread?

Nelson heavily out-produced Jennings last year in less starts, and with Jennings injured again (shocking) this season, Nelson is far and away the best receiver on the team.

He out-produced him when they played together, and without Jennings "shadow" he's their best receiver.
Number 1 corner lined up against Jennings not Nelson last year. This makes it easier to bet more yards and tds. Nelson has 4 tds (i think coming off the saints and texans who dont have a good #1cb. dont think he puts up that production he had last year without Jennings (15tds)

Old
10-16-2012, 02:51 AM
Luceni

I'm a bit suprised. You told me that the bills would totally crap the bed this year. Instead of that, they're 3-3 and they're still in the playoff race

Old
10-16-2012, 04:51 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post

You think Vick is good? Never saw the hype in him, he can run, big deal. The Vick in Atlanta couldnt throw. You can only blame his o-line for so much. Rodgers o-line is horrific. Yet Sunday he had a 6 TD Game against what is a solid D in Houston. I highly doubt Vick is pulling that off anytime soon.

I hope not, Jennings always seems to get hurt now, hes done a lot for GB but it's time to move on.

Old
10-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
I'm a bit suprised. You told me that the bills would totally crap the bed this year. Instead of that, they're 3-3 and they're still in the playoff race
The whole AFC has "crapped the bed" Only 2 teams above .500 6 weeks in. Baltimore at 5-1 is overrated, they should have lost to NE(FG was no good) and Dallas handed them the game on Sunday. Their D is diminishing by the week(already stats wise not that good)

Houston looks like the best team for whatever its worth. But they recently lost their best defender in Cushing.

Old
10-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Extremely pleased with getting Merriman back. A few of you know how I felt when we released him a few months ago. I really think if he's healthy he still has something to give to this team and with Anderson out, I want to see what he can do. I understand releasing him a few months ago due to the money he was going to make, but now we have him for what should be extremely cheap. Low risk, high reward potential now. He won't be playing every down.

Before his release I really wanted to see Merriman have a chance in the regular season but he didn't end up making the team out of camp. Now he'll get that chance, likely his last one ever. Very happy he's getting a shot because I felt he looked pretty good in preseason.
I just don't think hes got anything left to see. Because if he did I think someone would have wanted him by now. His last 2 stops around Buffalo outside of the Chicago preseason game when he was on the field you never knew it because he was so non existent.

Old
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
whiplash

Baltimore is not overrated but without Suggs, Lewis and Webb that D is pretty much sunk

Closed Thread