HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Regular Season (3-4)

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
I refuse to believe drafting a 1st rd QB makes the Bills a better team than a shutdown corner, dominant MLB, or a OLB who can effectively cover / pursue 20 yards to the sideline.
QB touches the ball on every offensive possession. A CB or LB may not even touch the ball on every defensive series. I can't think of a single CB in the history of the game I'd rather have over a top quality QB.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:29 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
QB touches the ball on every offensive possession. A CB or LB may not even touch the ball on every defensive series. I can't think of a single CB in the history of the game I'd rather have over a top quality QB.
The other reason is that there's no statistical evidence that shows CBs or LBs taken in the first round are any more likely to pan out than a QB. (See McKelvin, Leodis).

Old
10-22-2012, 03:31 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

IMO the only argument against taking a 1st round QB is if you don't believe any of the available options are actually going to turn out.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:33 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
IMO the only argument against taking a 1st round QB is if you don't believe any of the available options are actually going to turn out.
Oops, quoted wrong person.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Is Quarterback the most important position in football?

What round do you think produces the highest # of successful NFL quarterbacks? The best ones get picked earlier, do they not?

Teams like the Patriots, Saints, and Green Bay packers are poof an elite QB can make for a perennial 10-14 win team every year. Having a shutdown corner or elite linebacker is nowhere near the same as having an elite QB.

Until this team gets an elite QB, everything else is priority #2.
What he said. There is no player in all of sports who influences a game like an All-Star caliber quarterback. Unless the top 3 or 4 guys are gone when we pick this year we should be drafting a quarterback.

Old
10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Nibbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
What he said. There is no player in all of sports who influences a game like an All-Star caliber quarterback. Unless the top 3 or 4 guys are gone when we pick this year we should be drafting a quarterback.
Even if the top 3 or 4 guys are gone they should still take a couple QBs. Hell I'd be even happier if they pick 3 QBs and hope we get lucky with at least one of them. Let them battle it out in training camp and see who sticks out, keep 1 or 2 of the other guys around in case they develop too.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:06 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahrahguy View Post
Even if the top 3 or 4 guys are gone they should still take a couple QBs. Hell I'd be even happier if they pick 3 QBs and hope we get lucky with at least one of them. Let them battle it out in training camp and see who sticks out, keep 1 or 2 of the other guys around in case they develop too.
Mike Schopp, is that you?

Unfortunately, the NFL lacks a "minor league" for players who are no longer eligible for college. So grabbing a bunch of QBs and "holding" onto them really isn't possible. Realistically you CAN carry 3 on the active roster + one on the practice squad. Which would give you essentially two slots of developmental QBs.

Old
10-22-2012, 04:18 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Since 2008 :
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
---

Outside of Tebow, Gabbert, Locker and Ponder..... I'd take any of them before Fitz

Closed Thread