HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  #651
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Asking this again cause its pretty important. When do we find out if players accept or reject our offers?? they say "ill get back to you tonight", does that mean the game will automatically sim ahead so to say, or do we have to wait until the commish advances the sched, in which case we'd have once chance to sign pending FA's before july 1st unless he does a 1 day sim every night. Hope that makes sense

EDIT: so it looks like there's ~4 sims/chances to sign before july 1st. think that answers my question

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
  #652
robbiezyg
Registered User
 
robbiezyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,591
vCash: 500
I'm out from the ps3 league, sry guys. My Internet connection is so bad I can never access connected and sure as hell can't play a game haha.

robbiezyg is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
  #653
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 50
It appears Alex Semin has really enjoyed his time so far in Carolina. Deciding to ask for only 4.6 million/year and a 4 year contract. The Canes offered a 5 year deal. We will know soon if one of this years top free agents will be locked up.


Oh, and why the hell isn't there anything that lets us know what the draft results were?

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
  #654
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Oh, and why the hell isn't there anything that lets us know what the draft results were?
Yeah I found that frustrating too... Unless I missed something the only way I knew who I got was lookin at my contracts screen.
Also I see the resign phase is a bit lengthy.. I want to keep the first sim on the 27th, but how about after that we do one each day until it's free agency? I can adjust the schedule no problem.

bzur is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:11 PM
  #655
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Yeah I found that frustrating too... Unless I missed something the only way I knew who I got was lookin at my contracts screen.
Also I see the resign phase is a bit lengthy.. I want to keep the first sim on the 27th, but how about after that we do one each day until it's free agency? I can adjust the schedule no problem.
I dunno, it kind of seems like a few guys have already done their first phase of resigning. I'd think 1 day per phase should be plenty, because it only took me 15 minutes last night to go through and do all my first round of resigning/releasing of players.

Yeah, in the contracts screen i seen who I drafted, never really noticed it say anywhere when they were drafted though. Best prospects I got were a 3 1/2 star goalie, and a 3 1/2 star defenseman.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
  #656
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!
 
Ronik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Port McNicoll, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Ps3

Okay thanks Robbie. Still waiting to hear from the following teams on eligibility for next season. *

NJ_________________DET
PHI________________MTL
STL________________NSH
VAN_______________CAR
WSH_______________CBJ
COL_______________CAL
FLA_______________NYI
EDM_______________ANA


PM me on PSN or on here before the second week of next season to let me know if you will continue your career or not. Thank you.

Also, here is my idea for a schedule, sim saturday up to the signing process. Then every two days up to the season. Sound good for whoever is staying? Let me know, thanks

Ronik

Ronik is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
  #657
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I dunno, it kind of seems like a few guys have already done their first phase of resigning. I'd think 1 day per phase should be plenty, because it only took me 15 minutes last night to go through and do all my first round of resigning/releasing of players.

Yeah, in the contracts screen i seen who I drafted, never really noticed it say anywhere when they were drafted though. Best prospects I got were a 3 1/2 star goalie, and a 3 1/2 star defenseman.
15 minutes are you serious? it look me 15 minutes to get from the top the the bottom of the contracts screen. Its horridly slow. Plus i have have to wait to see if my 1st tier FA's accept my offer before i can even think of making offers on my 2nd/3rd/4th tier FA's. I like the idea of simming once a day. Waiting 2-3 days to find out if someone accepts/rejects really drags it on.

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
  #658
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,152
vCash: 500
Extended offers to all the free-agents I want to for sure keep, hoping they all take them. Figured I have about 5ish mill in space if everyone signs the offers I gave to them. Excited to see who signed and who didn't.

Question regarding draft picks, I don't have to sign the guys I drafted this year do I? If not, how long can they go unsigned for before they become free-agents?

tv14 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 06:29 PM
  #659
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Extended offers to all the free-agents I want to for sure keep, hoping they all take them. Figured I have about 5ish mill in space if everyone signs the offers I gave to them. Excited to see who signed and who didn't.

Question regarding draft picks, I don't have to sign the guys I drafted this year do I? If not, how long can they go unsigned for before they become free-agents?
2 years I believe.

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
  #660
Vyse64
N64
 
Vyse64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,789
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
when trading opens up again

Montreal looking to trade for a 2nd line centre, I would prefer a right hand with good faceoffs skills

Vyse64 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  #661
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
im sorry but how did malkin end up on the kings without anything of value given up?? what was this trade

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
  #662
Firefoxx
Registered User
 
Firefoxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
when trading opens up again

Montreal looking to trade for a 2nd line centre, I would prefer a right hand with good faceoffs skills
Craig smith is a rh center, though not sure of his fo% but still has 4* potential. Mike fisher is also rh and available. Either can be had for a top 4 defenceman.

Firefoxx is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 08:12 PM
  #663
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
im sorry but how did malkin end up on the kings without anything of value given up?? what was this trade
I think your talking about the wrong league. But my question is about the Colorado/Pittsburg deal. Unless there working a three way through two sims and the commish knows about it.

czar99 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:26 PM
  #664
bzur
Registered User
 
bzur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I think your talking about the wrong league. But my question is about the Colorado/Pittsburg deal. Unless there working a three way through two sims and the commish knows about it.
Yeah Malkin is still a penguin. I haven't approved anything to say otherwise.
About the Pittsburgh/Colorado trade.. You're probably thinking like I was/am, and it's a super lopsided trade. So much that I wasn't going to approve it. After a day and a half of thought I decided to approve it. Pittsburgh sent the offer, and Colorado accepted. I ended up feeling that as much as the trade may have been unfair, it'd be more unfair if I were to just deciding what should and shouldn't go through. Cap wise it worked. I mostly felt that by saying no to that trade, I was putting myself in a position where I could just say no to any trade I didn't like. As long as both parties agree to it i feel in no position to start overriding trades.

bzur is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
  #665
molsonmuscle360
Registered User
 
molsonmuscle360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft. McMurray Ab
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 50
Heh, I'm probably going to be going into July 1st with about 9-12 million in cap space. Can't wait to see what some of you cap strapped teams have to let go of

molsonmuscle360 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:13 PM
  #666
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Heh, I'm probably going to be going into July 1st with about 9-12 million in cap space. Can't wait to see what some of you cap strapped teams have to let go of
Lol..... I'm giving you the middle finger rite now.

czar99 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
  #667
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Yeah Malkin is still a penguin. I haven't approved anything to say otherwise.
About the Pittsburgh/Colorado trade.. You're probably thinking like I was/am, and it's a super lopsided trade. So much that I wasn't going to approve it. After a day and a half of thought I decided to approve it. Pittsburgh sent the offer, and Colorado accepted. I ended up feeling that as much as the trade may have been unfair, it'd be more unfair if I were to just deciding what should and shouldn't go through. Cap wise it worked. I mostly felt that by saying no to that trade, I was putting myself in a position where I could just say no to any trade I didn't like. As long as both parties agree to it i feel in no position to start overriding trades.
I just noticed that Colorado traded their two best players for for junk and three other players. I'd keep a big eye on Colorado's activity level this season, because if the gm isn't active then I would assume he did his buddy a solid. That being said I think that some trades have to be questioned or this could turn into a ps3 league real quick.

czar99 is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
  #668
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I just noticed that Colorado traded their two best players for for junk and three other players. I'd keep a big eye on Colorado's activity level this season, because if the gm isn't active then I would assume he did his buddy a solid. That being said I think that some trades have to be questioned or this could turn into a ps3 league real quick.
yeah that is a very realistic possibility. all it takes is for one lopsided trade to destroy the high integrity level we have going here. if it comes under that much scrutiny and debate, the trade should come down to a vote imo.

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 PM
  #669
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
speaking of which that trade is utter bs! unless the "3 others" are all 4 or 4.5 star potential, which i can guarantee they are not, that trade is horsesh**.

CanuckCity is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
  #670
Spartacles
Registered User
 
Spartacles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: GP
Country: Canada
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I just noticed that Colorado traded their two best players for for junk and three other players. I'd keep a big eye on Colorado's activity level this season, because if the gm isn't active then I would assume he did his buddy a solid. That being said I think that some trades have to be questioned or this could turn into a ps3 league real quick.
wow that trade was rediculous! no gm who plans on playing would trade landeskog and duchene for sutter, glencross, despres and 2 later firsts.

Spartacles is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:13 AM
  #671
tv14
Registered User
 
tv14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,152
vCash: 500
Ya, I must admit I thought that PIT/COL trade was crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
2 years I believe.
Thanks, thats what I thought.

tv14 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 12:15 AM
  #672
anjoo
Registered User
 
anjoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to anjoo
i'll keep going and see what mackinnon can do for the flames

anjoo is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:28 AM
  #673
oilfan09
Registered User
 
oilfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Deal was lopsided for sure. I was approached by Colorado regarding Sutter and I told him that I am not willing to move him unless he overpays and he told me to send him an offer. So i sent him an offer that favors me and he accepted it. I gave the decision to commissioner as I know the deal is lopsided and was well aware of the reasons why he would decline or accept it.

oilfan09 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:37 AM
  #674
4EDM14OIL93
Registered User
 
4EDM14OIL93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,722
vCash: 500
Pleasently surprised to find out Gerbe jumped from a 76 to an 85 over the offseason

4EDM14OIL93 is offline  
Old
10-26-2012, 01:38 AM
  #675
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Deal was lopsided for sure. I was approached by Colorado regarding Sutter and I told him that I am not willing to move him unless he overpays and he told me to send him an offer. So i sent him an offer that favors me and he accepted it. I gave the decision to commissioner as I know the deal is lopsided and was well aware of the reasons why he would decline or accept it.
noone's gonna blame you (unless he's your friend) but i think the commish should have stepped in and either said no or put it up to a vote because clearly the avs gm has no idea what he's doing, or just doesnt care

CanuckCity is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.