HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 AM
CanuckCity

vCash: 500
Asking this again cause its pretty important. When do we find out if players accept or reject our offers?? they say "ill get back to you tonight", does that mean the game will automatically sim ahead so to say, or do we have to wait until the commish advances the sched, in which case we'd have once chance to sign pending FA's before july 1st unless he does a 1 day sim every night. Hope that makes sense

EDIT: so it looks like there's ~4 sims/chances to sign before july 1st. think that answers my question

Old
10-25-2012, 11:58 AM
robbiezyg

I'm out from the ps3 league, sry guys. My Internet connection is so bad I can never access connected and sure as hell can't play a game haha.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
molsonmuscle360

vCash: 50
It appears Alex Semin has really enjoyed his time so far in Carolina. Deciding to ask for only 4.6 million/year and a 4 year contract. The Canes offered a 5 year deal. We will know soon if one of this years top free agents will be locked up.

Oh, and why the hell isn't there anything that lets us know what the draft results were?

Old
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Oh, and why the hell isn't there anything that lets us know what the draft results were?
Yeah I found that frustrating too... Unless I missed something the only way I knew who I got was lookin at my contracts screen.
Also I see the resign phase is a bit lengthy.. I want to keep the first sim on the 27th, but how about after that we do one each day until it's free agency? I can adjust the schedule no problem.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:11 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Yeah I found that frustrating too... Unless I missed something the only way I knew who I got was lookin at my contracts screen.
Also I see the resign phase is a bit lengthy.. I want to keep the first sim on the 27th, but how about after that we do one each day until it's free agency? I can adjust the schedule no problem.
I dunno, it kind of seems like a few guys have already done their first phase of resigning. I'd think 1 day per phase should be plenty, because it only took me 15 minutes last night to go through and do all my first round of resigning/releasing of players.

Yeah, in the contracts screen i seen who I drafted, never really noticed it say anywhere when they were drafted though. Best prospects I got were a 3 1/2 star goalie, and a 3 1/2 star defenseman.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

Okay thanks Robbie. Still waiting to hear from the following teams on eligibility for next season. *

NJ_________________DET
PHI________________MTL
STL________________NSH
VAN_______________CAR
WSH_______________CBJ
COL_______________CAL
FLA_______________NYI
EDM_______________ANA

PM me on PSN or on here before the second week of next season to let me know if you will continue your career or not. Thank you.

Also, here is my idea for a schedule, sim saturday up to the signing process. Then every two days up to the season. Sound good for whoever is staying? Let me know, thanks

Ronik

Old
10-25-2012, 05:33 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:
I dunno, it kind of seems like a few guys have already done their first phase of resigning. I'd think 1 day per phase should be plenty, because it only took me 15 minutes last night to go through and do all my first round of resigning/releasing of players.

Yeah, in the contracts screen i seen who I drafted, never really noticed it say anywhere when they were drafted though. Best prospects I got were a 3 1/2 star goalie, and a 3 1/2 star defenseman.
15 minutes are you serious? it look me 15 minutes to get from the top the the bottom of the contracts screen. Its horridly slow. Plus i have have to wait to see if my 1st tier FA's accept my offer before i can even think of making offers on my 2nd/3rd/4th tier FA's. I like the idea of simming once a day. Waiting 2-3 days to find out if someone accepts/rejects really drags it on.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:44 PM
tv14

Extended offers to all the free-agents I want to for sure keep, hoping they all take them. Figured I have about 5ish mill in space if everyone signs the offers I gave to them. Excited to see who signed and who didn't.

Question regarding draft picks, I don't have to sign the guys I drafted this year do I? If not, how long can they go unsigned for before they become free-agents?

Old
10-25-2012, 06:29 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Extended offers to all the free-agents I want to for sure keep, hoping they all take them. Figured I have about 5ish mill in space if everyone signs the offers I gave to them. Excited to see who signed and who didn't.

Question regarding draft picks, I don't have to sign the guys I drafted this year do I? If not, how long can they go unsigned for before they become free-agents?
2 years I believe.

Old
10-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
when trading opens up again

Montreal looking to trade for a 2nd line centre, I would prefer a right hand with good faceoffs skills

Old
10-25-2012, 07:33 PM
CanuckCity

im sorry but how did malkin end up on the kings without anything of value given up?? what was this trade

Old
10-25-2012, 07:44 PM
Firefoxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
when trading opens up again

Montreal looking to trade for a 2nd line centre, I would prefer a right hand with good faceoffs skills
Craig smith is a rh center, though not sure of his fo% but still has 4* potential. Mike fisher is also rh and available. Either can be had for a top 4 defenceman.

Old
10-25-2012, 08:12 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
im sorry but how did malkin end up on the kings without anything of value given up?? what was this trade
I think your talking about the wrong league. But my question is about the Colorado/Pittsburg deal. Unless there working a three way through two sims and the commish knows about it.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:26 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I think your talking about the wrong league. But my question is about the Colorado/Pittsburg deal. Unless there working a three way through two sims and the commish knows about it.
Yeah Malkin is still a penguin. I haven't approved anything to say otherwise.
About the Pittsburgh/Colorado trade.. You're probably thinking like I was/am, and it's a super lopsided trade. So much that I wasn't going to approve it. After a day and a half of thought I decided to approve it. Pittsburgh sent the offer, and Colorado accepted. I ended up feeling that as much as the trade may have been unfair, it'd be more unfair if I were to just deciding what should and shouldn't go through. Cap wise it worked. I mostly felt that by saying no to that trade, I was putting myself in a position where I could just say no to any trade I didn't like. As long as both parties agree to it i feel in no position to start overriding trades.

Old
10-25-2012, 09:31 PM
molsonmuscle360

Heh, I'm probably going to be going into July 1st with about 9-12 million in cap space. Can't wait to see what some of you cap strapped teams have to let go of

Old
10-25-2012, 11:13 PM
czar99

Quote:
Heh, I'm probably going to be going into July 1st with about 9-12 million in cap space. Can't wait to see what some of you cap strapped teams have to let go of
Lol..... I'm giving you the middle finger rite now.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Yeah Malkin is still a penguin. I haven't approved anything to say otherwise.
About the Pittsburgh/Colorado trade.. You're probably thinking like I was/am, and it's a super lopsided trade. So much that I wasn't going to approve it. After a day and a half of thought I decided to approve it. Pittsburgh sent the offer, and Colorado accepted. I ended up feeling that as much as the trade may have been unfair, it'd be more unfair if I were to just deciding what should and shouldn't go through. Cap wise it worked. I mostly felt that by saying no to that trade, I was putting myself in a position where I could just say no to any trade I didn't like. As long as both parties agree to it i feel in no position to start overriding trades.
I just noticed that Colorado traded their two best players for for junk and three other players. I'd keep a big eye on Colorado's activity level this season, because if the gm isn't active then I would assume he did his buddy a solid. That being said I think that some trades have to be questioned or this could turn into a ps3 league real quick.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
CanuckCity

Quote:
I just noticed that Colorado traded their two best players for for junk and three other players. I'd keep a big eye on Colorado's activity level this season, because if the gm isn't active then I would assume he did his buddy a solid. That being said I think that some trades have to be questioned or this could turn into a ps3 league real quick.
yeah that is a very realistic possibility. all it takes is for one lopsided trade to destroy the high integrity level we have going here. if it comes under that much scrutiny and debate, the trade should come down to a vote imo.

Old
10-25-2012, 11:47 PM
CanuckCity

speaking of which that trade is utter bs! unless the "3 others" are all 4 or 4.5 star potential, which i can guarantee they are not, that trade is horsesh**.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Spartacles

Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
Quote:
wow that trade was rediculous! no gm who plans on playing would trade landeskog and duchene for sutter, glencross, despres and 2 later firsts.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:13 AM
tv14

Ya, I must admit I thought that PIT/COL trade was crazy.

Quote:
2 years I believe.
Thanks, thats what I thought.

Old
10-26-2012, 12:15 AM
anjoo

Send a message via MSN to anjoo
i'll keep going and see what mackinnon can do for the flames

Old
10-26-2012, 01:28 AM
oilfan09

Deal was lopsided for sure. I was approached by Colorado regarding Sutter and I told him that I am not willing to move him unless he overpays and he told me to send him an offer. So i sent him an offer that favors me and he accepted it. I gave the decision to commissioner as I know the deal is lopsided and was well aware of the reasons why he would decline or accept it.

Old
10-26-2012, 01:37 AM
4EDM14OIL93

Pleasently surprised to find out Gerbe jumped from a 76 to an 85 over the offseason

Old
10-26-2012, 01:38 AM
CanuckCity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Deal was lopsided for sure. I was approached by Colorado regarding Sutter and I told him that I am not willing to move him unless he overpays and he told me to send him an offer. So i sent him an offer that favors me and he accepted it. I gave the decision to commissioner as I know the deal is lopsided and was well aware of the reasons why he would decline or accept it.
noone's gonna blame you (unless he's your friend) but i think the commish should have stepped in and either said no or put it up to a vote because clearly the avs gm has no idea what he's doing, or just doesnt care

Closed Thread