HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 03:58 PM
IButtersI

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I've just been playing random people online in hopes I improve enough to be in a game this season! Haha.

And worry not.. I do apologize, as it's been a painfully long offseason, but games now start on the 6th (probably doing the sim when I get home from work instead of waiting until 9 to be honest) and I've leaned a lot from this offseason. Schedule for next one will be up soon, and it will be much more condensed. At that point, everyone knows what the schedule is well ahead of time and I'm changing nothing. The only thing I'll have leniency for is the playoffs. It will be better I promise!

Thanks Commish

As I have said you are doing a great job. I don't mean to come of as a ass at all. You have been very approachable and when this league is going it is going well. I have been in several leagues, many did not take off and others were bunk so I quit. This league is awesome and I was just trying to get the ball rolling. Seems silly that some people cant take a few minutes here or there to sign or retain free agents. It is there loss really.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:48 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post
interested if its still available...
is there a way i can see what their roster looks like first? dont want to join if they're roster has been torn to poo
Just join HFOil Xbox League as them and find out! You can always leave if you don't like it.

Old
11-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Detroit kinda dropped half their team this free agency. I picked up Cleary in free agency as well. Damn Phoenix and Florida got the 2 other guys I was digging for (Johnson and Clutterbuck)
I signed Johnson and Carlson and Steve mason so I'm pumped to play. No more inconsistent Theodore.

Panthers-GM

Old
11-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Who is crying? And BTW it did change something because the sim was done last night and I got every free agent I gave an offer to.

As an active member I should be able to voice my frustration. If that bothers you please feel free to block me.

The commish is doing a hell of a job and it is not easy being a commish as the GM Connected game isnt set up too well. Especially in the offseason.

Whats your problem?
Lol sorry bro. It wasn't my intention to make you so angry. Cheers mate.

Old
11-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Firefoxx

Can't wait until we get to see all this built up frustration be unleashed on the ice, its going to be great.

Nashville is under new management this year, and we are ready to compete!

Old
11-03-2012, 10:23 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Just join HFOil Xbox League as them and find out! You can always leave if you don't like it.
fair enough, sent my request in, just waiting for approval.

Old
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

PS3 (Open to Xbox)

Boston just sent me a trade, and before I accept it (and piss ppl off) I thought I would run it by you guys first and tell me if its a fair deal. Xbox can pipe in too if they want to. Heres the deal:

Toronto<-----------------------------------------------Boston
Stamkos 91ovr 4.5 Green 23<----------------------------Seguin 84ovr 4.5 Yellow 21
Pavelec 85 4.0 Yellow 25<-------------------------------Rask 83 4.5 Yellow 26
Braun 76ovr 3.5 Yellow 26<------------------------------Hamilton 69ovr 4.5 Yellow 20
Frattin 75 2.5 Yellow 25<--------------------------------Campbell 74ovr 3 White 29
2016 - 1st Round pick------------------------------------->

Let me know if I should accept this or not. The stars are not even but the overalls are and I know that doesn't mean anything which is why I am asking you. I don't want to abuse my powers. Thanks,

Edit:Boston I am doing the sim now, send me the trade another time, I might accept it based on the responses received.

Ronik

Last edited by Ronik: 11-03-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
Boston just sent me a trade, and before I accept it (and piss ppl off) I thought I would run it by you guys first and tell me if its a fair deal. Xbox can pipe in too if they want to. Heres the deal:

Toronto<-----------------------------------------------Boston
Stamkos 91ovr 4.5 Green 23<----------------------------Seguin 84ovr 4.5 Yellow 21
Pavelec 85 4.0 Yellow 25<-------------------------------Rask 83 4.5 Yellow 26
Braun 76ovr 3.5 Yellow 26<------------------------------Hamilton 69ovr 4.5 Yellow 20
Frattin 75 2.5 Yellow 25<--------------------------------Campbell 74ovr 3 White 29
2016 - 1st Round pick------------------------------------->

Let me know if I should accept this or not. The stars are not even but the overalls are and I know that doesn't mean anything which is why I am asking you. I don't want to abuse my powers. Thanks,

Edit:Boston I am doing the sim now, send me the trade another time, I might accept it based on the responses received.

Ronik

If Bos is a human GM and active/you have no affiliation with him i'm ok with it. The stars aren't even but Seguins 4.5 stars isn't equal to stamkos 4.5 stars.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Oil Gauge

PS3 - Offer sheets

So this is stupid. I offered B. Schenn a qualifying offer and he must have denied it. which is fine. But now someone has signed him to an offer sheet and for some reason I am not allowed to match even though I have enough room to match the offer. So i'm going to lose him because EA is retarded.

frustrated.

Old
11-04-2012, 08:24 AM
phil steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
So this is stupid. I offered B. Schenn a qualifying offer and he must have denied it. which is fine. But now someone has signed him to an offer sheet and for some reason I am not allowed to match even though I have enough room to match the offer. So i'm going to lose him because EA is retarded.

frustrated.
same thing happened to me with john Carllson. offered him contracts that he doesnt accept and now all of a sudden he's ufa. sweet thanks ea

Old
11-04-2012, 10:29 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil steve View Post
same thing happened to me with john Carllson. offered him contracts that he doesnt accept and now all of a sudden he's ufa. sweet thanks ea
If you just send him an offer and not a qualifying offer before July 1st then he's a UFA. That's actual CBA rules. A regular contract offer doesn't count as a qualifier.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:46 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
So has anyone else been unable to connect to the EA server lately?

Old
11-04-2012, 06:13 PM
IButtersI

XBOX

I am about 5 Mil over the cap.

Mike Smith is available for a backup goalie and a 2nd

Old
11-04-2012, 06:42 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
XBOX

I am about 5 Mil over the cap.

Mike Smith is available for a backup goalie and a 2nd
Looks like quite a few are. Things will change a bit once actual rosters are set, but damn there are going to be some sweet sweet waiver pickups this season for teams with space.

Old
11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

vCash: 50
xbox

how often(and how many at a time) are the off-season days being simmed in real life?

Edit: nevermind, just read it on the first page.

Old
11-04-2012, 09:56 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
If you just send him an offer and not a qualifying offer before July 1st then he's a UFA. That's actual CBA rules. A regular contract offer doesn't count as a qualifier.
See i qualified Schenn and he must have rejected it so he's still an RFA, but then the offer sheet for like 2.33 for 8 years. I have like 2.1 in cap space but it won't let me match....???? Why not????

Old
11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Sim?

Is there a sim tonight boys. The first page says yeah but no some has been done yet.

Old
11-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

Quote:
See i qualified Schenn and he must have rejected it so he's still an RFA, but then the offer sheet for like 2.33 for 8 years. I have like 2.1 in cap space but it won't let me match....???? Why not????
If hes asking for 2.3M and you only have 2.1M cap space, I don't think it will let you sign him as it would put you in debt. The only way I can see you signing him is if you signed all your players at once. Idk how things work in this tbh, but maybe EA will find a way to make it easier to understand all this stuff. Maybe a 2 minute walkthrough on everything instead of trying to find it in the "Help" (select) screen.

Ronik

Old
11-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
If hes asking for 2.3M and you only have 2.1M cap space, I don't think it will let you sign him as it would put you in debt. The only way I can see you signing him is if you signed all your players at once. Idk how things work in this tbh, but maybe EA will find a way to make it easier to understand all this stuff. Maybe a 2 minute walkthrough on everything instead of trying to find it in the "Help" (select) screen.

Ronik

Yeah he signed him at 2.3 or something like that. My cap space is 2.115. So i should have 2.115 + 10% of 70.2 or what ever the cap is for this season. That should be in the area of like $9 Million dollars free to sign him which is plenty.

Old
11-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

Quote:
Yeah he signed him at 2.3 or something like that. My cap space is 2.115. So i should have 2.115 + 10% of 70.2 or what ever the cap is for this season. That should be in the area of like $9 Million dollars free to sign him which is plenty.
Hmm, I don't know then, thats weird. Usually, in offline GM, when you try to acquire an RFA, they tell you, I wanna see what my team has to offer. And well, you have lots of cap space, so I don't know why you can't sign him. Unless, now that this comes to mind, you have hit 50 players. I know you can only have 50 players signed at any given time. Thats everyone, Forwards, Defense, Goalies, Minors or NHLers. Maybe thats why, check to see. I know I was sitting at 49/50 last season and I released a lot of guys I never used.

Ronik

Old
11-04-2012, 11:35 PM
molsonmuscle360

Yeah, not sure what happened there man. Did Colorado quit in our league or was he punted...Either way, that makes Pittsburgh seem sorta shady for that trade, kinda seems like a friend pumping another friends team before he quits. And there is no way we'd get someone to fill Colorado at this point, they have nuthin.

Either way, I'm done with my free agents for this off season, in the second round of signings I gave Alfie 6.7 mil for a season to see if he can get a cup, and added Gilles and Stoner for backup players for injuries. My lines going into the season this year

Semin/E.Staal/Alfie
Jokinen/J.Staal/Larose
Nodl/Tlusty/Cleary
King/Boychuk/Stewart

M.Staal/Mcbain
Vlasic/Faulk
Pitkanen/Pysyk

Niemi
Peters

Old
11-04-2012, 11:39 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know then, thats weird. Usually, in offline GM, when you try to acquire an RFA, they tell you, I wanna see what my team has to offer. And well, you have lots of cap space, so I don't know why you can't sign him. Unless, now that this comes to mind, you have hit 50 players. I know you can only have 50 players signed at any given time. Thats everyone, Forwards, Defense, Goalies, Minors or NHLers. Maybe thats why, check to see. I know I was sitting at 49/50 last season and I released a lot of guys I never used.

Ronik
It specifically said I didn't have cap space. I don't think i'm up at 50, I can check later, but Highly doubt it. I didn't resign a lot of guys.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
Spartacles

Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
Quote:
Yeah, not sure what happened there man. Did Colorado quit in our league or was he punted...Either way, that makes Pittsburgh seem sorta shady for that trade, kinda seems like a friend pumping another friends team before he quits. And there is no way we'd get someone to fill Colorado at this point, they have nuthin.

Either way, I'm done with my free agents for this off season, in the second round of signings I gave Alfie 6.7 mil for a season to see if he can get a cup, and added Gilles and Stoner for backup players for injuries. My lines going into the season this year

Semin/E.Staal/Alfie
Jokinen/J.Staal/Larose
Nodl/Tlusty/Cleary
King/Boychuk/Stewart

M.Staal/Mcbain
Vlasic/Faulk
Pitkanen/Pysyk

Niemi
Peters
ya that pitts trade looks extremely shady now.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:36 AM
IButtersI

Quote:

Semin/E.Staal/Alfie
Jokinen/J.Staal/Larose
Nodl/Tlusty/Cleary
King/Boychuk/Stewart

M.Staal/Mcbain
Vlasic/Faulk
Pitkanen/Pysyk

Niemi
Peters
What was the trade?

Old
11-05-2012, 12:39 AM
N5991989
Sad Oilers Fan.

Quote:
It specifically said I didn't have cap space. I don't think i'm up at 50, I can check later, but Highly doubt it. I didn't resign a lot of guys.
You have 6 days to match so I would trade a player to get cap space and match that offer. I do not think EA allows you to go over in signings.

Closed Thread