HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 01:47 AM
czar99

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
What was the trade?
Offseason Deals

Colorado-Brandon Sutter, Simon Despres, Curtis Glencross, Dallas 2013 1st,
Pittsburgh 2013 1st

Pittsburgh-Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog, Stefan

Last edited by czar99: 11-05-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old
11-05-2012, 02:06 AM
4EDM14OIL93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Offseason Deals

Colorado-Brandon Sutter, Simon Despres, Curtis Glencross, Dallas 2013 1st,
Pittsburgh 2013 1st

Pittsburgh-Matt Duchene, Gabriel Landeskog, Stefan
Wait that wasn't already shady before Colorado left??

Old
11-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by teganandsara View Post
You have 6 days to match so I would trade a player to get cap space and match that offer. I do not think EA allows you to go over in signings.
I only had the one sim. So there was nothing I could do. I don't see why other teams are allowed to go over the cap during the off season but I'm not.

Now I've had a good prospect stolen from me because EA can't implement the basic rules of the CBA properly. And since it was such a cheap contract that Schenn would never actually sign all i got was a 2nd round pick for him.

It even lets me propose a trade for Schenn with only the 2nd round pick going back the other way. This is beyond frustrating. I've proposed the trade so hopefully the Oilers GM will be honest and trade him back.

Last edited by Oil Gauge: 11-05-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Old
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Yeah, not sure what happened there man. Did Colorado quit in our league or was he punted...Either way, that makes Pittsburgh seem sorta shady for that trade, kinda seems like a friend pumping another friends team before he quits. And there is no way we'd get someone to fill Colorado at this point, they have nothin.
I definitely feel like I shouldn't have been so trusting now, which is why I booted him... Need to get some free agents at least. That's step 1.

IMPORTANT : XBOX LEAGUE
Now, I need opinions on this. I've thought of two options, one of which I'll be doing tonight before the big sim.

Option 1 :
I accept all I told you so's at this point since it really was my lack of judgement. I will take over Colorado on my friends account, try and secure some free agents, and make a couple lopsided trades from Buffalo to try and even things out.

Option 2 :
I kick Pittsburgh, and reverse the trade minus the draft picks and try and find a GM to fill the spot.

I'll do what I can to fix this, but I need input from you guys.

Also I'm going to appoint an assistant commissioner who I will consult on matters like this from now on. I apologize for this mess as it really is my fault because I wanted to trust that someone wouldn't try and screw us.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
I definitely feel like I shouldn't have been so trusting now, which is why I booted him... Need to get some free agents at least. That's step 1.

Now, I need opinions on this. I've thought of two options, one of which I'll be doing tonight before the big sim.

Option 1 :
I accept all I told you so's at this point since it really was my lack of judgement. I will take over Colorado on my friends account, try and secure some free agents, and make a couple lopsided trades from Buffalo to try and even things out.

Option 2 :
I kick Pittsburgh, and reverse the trade minus the draft picks and try and find a GM to fill the spot.

Also I'm going to appoint an assistant commissioner who I will consult on matters like this from now on. I apologize for this mess as it really is my fault because I wanted to trust that someone wouldn't try and screw us.

I think we should just tell Pittsburgh to reverse the trade and let's Pitts stay and if there are any more complaints about him then kick him.

Buts see what others want to do.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:31 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

I say Option 2. Reverse the trade and boot him. That is a BS deal and shouldn't be tolerated. Like did he really think nobody would notice that? Bye bye.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
tv14

Philly - xbox

Looking to make moves for goaltending and/or defence.

Biron available for pick.
Wanting to trade Bryzgalov for upgrade or younger/worse goalie with good potential.
Looking to get elite dman Luke and Brayden Schenn available.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I say Option 2. Reverse the trade and boot him. That is a BS deal and shouldn't be tolerated. Like did he really think nobody would notice that? Bye bye.
this

Old
11-05-2012, 01:25 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
this
Of course you want me out since you cant beat me in playoffs. Better luck next time!

Old
11-05-2012, 01:30 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Looking to make moves for goaltending and/or defence.

Biron available for pick.
Wanting to trade Bryzgalov for upgrade or younger/worse goalie with good potential.
Looking to get elite dman Luke and Brayden Schenn available.
Luongo and Bieksa are available.
looking for a top 6 RW +

Old
11-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Ronik
Deputy Commissioner!

Ps3

I went a little crazy with the simming today. I simmed up to the start of the season. Have fun and I'll be on around 9:30 Mtn. to play. Thank you,

Ronik

Last edited by Ronik: 11-05-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Game 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post

Option 1 :

Option 2 :

Xbox Oilers:
Option 2 please!

Old
11-05-2012, 02:01 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Of course you want me out since you cant beat me in playoffs. Better luck next time!
No it's because what you did was not fair to anybody else in the league.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:22 PM
molsonmuscle360

I've always thought the guy running Pitts was a reasonable guy, so why not this? Give him the chance to reverse the trade. We all know it wasn't in good faith. If he won't then punt him. But if he does reverse it let him stick around.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
I've always thought the guy running Pitts was a reasonable guy, so why not this? Give him the chance to reverse the trade. We all know it wasn't in good faith. If he won't then punt him. But if he does reverse it let him stick around.
I am settling this with commissioner through PM. I don't want to give too much details here because it's just going to cause more arguments. Like I said, there are people who want me out because they can't beat me and are bunch of sore losers from last season. I am probably one of the most active GM in the league so it doesn't make sense to boot me and find a replacement unless you guys want a league with less challenge.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
No it's because what you did was not fair to anybody else in the league.
You obviously forgot that it needs approval before the trade can go through.

Old
11-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Yeah agreed.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:11 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
You obviously forgot that it needs approval before the trade can go through.
No offense, to you or to the commish. But that trade should have never been OK'd.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:21 PM
CanuckCity

xbox

in pitts defence, you can't blame him for making the trade/accepting it, anybody would. The other guy has too accept it (could have been his friend, but thats between the commish and him) and there's a reason all trades have to be approved by the commish. IMO the commish should have put the trade to a vote or should have a committee of highly active players to vote on controversial deals. Thats all hindshight though and the best option going forward is to tell Pittsburgh to reverse the trade and if he refuses then boot him. Simple enough

Old
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
CanuckCity

xbox

Also, Havlat and B Stuart on the block. Somebody has got to have interest. Both very valuable but i am just too close to the cap ceiling.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
in pitts defence, you can't blame him for making the trade/accepting it, anybody would. The other guy has too accept it (could have been his friend, but thats between the commish and him) and there's a reason all trades have to be approved by the commish. IMO the commish should have put the trade to a vote or should have a committee of highly active players to vote on controversial deals. Thats all hindshight though and the best option going forward is to tell Pittsburgh to reverse the trade and if he refuses then boot him. Simple enough
Trade has been reversed. Apologies to all that were involved.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Also, Havlat and B Stuart on the block. Somebody has got to have interest. Both very valuable but i am just too close to the cap ceiling.
Intrested in havlat. Send me a trade offer.

Panthers - GM

Old
11-05-2012, 03:54 PM
czar99

Well I'm glad colorodogate is now a non issue and we can move forward with another season of getting my ass kicked. Lol.

Edit: now if we could just reverse the Suter and Parise signing we'll be golden.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Game 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Well I'm glad colorodogate is now a non issue and we can move forward with another season of getting my ass kicked. Lol.

Edit: now if we could just reverse the Suter and Parise signing we'll be golden.
What will the media talk about now? hahahahahahahaha

Old
11-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
I'm just glad the trade was reversed, didn't care to see PIT get kicked out cuz I want to beat him next season

Closed Thread