HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official HF Oil GM Connected NHL13 (PS3/Xbox360) Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronik View Post
I went a little crazy with the simming today. I simmed up to the start of the season. Have fun and I'll be on around 9:30 Mtn. to play. Thank you,

Ronik
PS3

SJ is favorite for the Cup this year Players who made jumps this year were Couture, Sheppard, Demers, Franson, and Bogosian. So far 4-0 with one game being a convincing 7-0 win against LA. Kessel is also in the lead with 9 points and 6 goals. Bernier also has been solid in net, in his last 4 games, only let in 1 goal, and having 3 shutouts.

Last edited by Paralyzer: 11-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 03:32 PM
oilfan09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
I'm just glad the trade was reversed, didn't care to see PIT get kicked out cuz I want to beat him next season
You probably will beat me. I didn't play many games against you last season so hopefully we get some good ones this upcoming season

Old
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
I'm not saying I wouldn't have accepted that trade either, it's just obviously there are shenanigans involved. As long as it get's reversed I don't care.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:44 PM
tv14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFreak4 View Post
Luongo and Bieksa are available.
looking for a top 6 RW +
Tough sell on an Oilers board

Not interested in Bieksa, hes not an upgrade on many of my guys and not the elite guy Im looking for. Luongo, Im iffy on, depending on the price, and you would have to take back Bryz as Im not getting stuck with a goalie duo of 11 mill for 10 more years

Old
11-05-2012, 04:49 PM
tv14

As of now my team looks like this:

Hartnell-Giroux-Iginla
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Mursak-Brule-Read
Fedotenko-Couturier-Rinaldo

Schenn-Meszaros
Ehrhoff-Timonen
Kubina-Klein
Gervais-Gormley
Sulzer-Josi

Bryzgalov
Hoivonen
Biron

Have a ton of depth dmen, and centers so a deal could be worked out around those. Looking for an elite dman.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
I'm not done with trades and signing but for now I got this as my lineup

Pacioretty-Plekanec-St Louis
Cole-Eller-Gionta
Bourque-Gaustad-Leblanc
Moen-Prust-Geoffrion

Markov-Gorges
Oduya-Subban
Kaberle-Diaz

Price
Lehner

Old
11-05-2012, 06:04 PM
Firefoxx

Xbox

So my 1st round pick and 3rd round pick was recieved as compensation to an offer sheet for Mike Weber, Pheonix has the picks now but no Weber to me. Somethings not right there...

Old
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
bzur

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan09 View Post
Trade has been reversed. Apologies to all that were involved.
Indeed all is good. I feel you made a classy move and there are no hard feelings here for sure (there weren't before, but still)

Also, like I had stated before, I'm aware that the decision was mine, and I take full responsibility. oilfan09 was aware that the trade was crazy lopsided and left the decision up to me. That being said, let's just say we go 50/50 me and the Colorado GM on that one? haha

Also would anyone like to volunteer for the Assistant Commish position? Basically you'd just be my go to for decisions like that (not like there have been that many) and may take over if I am unable to get to an XBox for an extended period of time to do sims. I doubt it would ever happen, but would be good to have a failsafe.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

I will volunteer.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzur View Post
Also would anyone like to volunteer for the Assistant Commish position? Basically you'd just be my go to for decisions like that (not like there have been that many) and may take over if I am unable to get to an XBox for an extended period of time to do sims. I doubt it would ever happen, but would be good to have a failsafe.
if you need someone I don't mind helping out

Old
11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
Indeed all is good. I feel you made a classy move and there are no hard feelings here for sure (there weren't before, but still)

Also, like I had stated before, I'm aware that the decision was mine, and I take full responsibility. oilfan09 was aware that the trade was crazy lopsided and left the decision up to me. That being said, let's just say we go 50/50 me and the Colorado GM on that one? haha

I'm available to help out if you need it.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
InUtero
Oilers!

Quote:

I can help if you like

Old
11-05-2012, 08:54 PM
bzur

Fun! In the middle of a sim I disconnected from the EA servers, and now my online pass is supposedly corrupt and I can't get on anymore.

EDIT : All good... should have known unplugging it and plugging it back in would work. Final sim for tonight is finishing up now. I will do the last offseason sim tomorrow when I come home after work.. Forgot I'm going to Red Deer for training.. Can do it before I leave. No wreck it Ralph for me :-( haha

Last edited by bzur: 11-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old
11-05-2012, 10:28 PM
IButtersI

Glad everything seems to be resolved in the Xbox league.

That trade was brutal. glad it was reversed.

Cant wait to start playing games again.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Ammerhammer

hey guys i NEED SOME HELP. I just joined one of the gm connected leagues with some of my friends. i was offered a trade to get Jamie Benn. Right now his cap hit is a little over 1 million. I am really close to the cap and im going to have to re-sign him in the off season.

can one of you guys tell me what his cap hit is now?? im assuming your already done 1 season.

Also if you could let me know how grabner progressed?? that would be great!!!

Thanks boys and gals

Old
11-06-2012, 01:36 AM
tv14

XBOX- Philly

Wants:
-Elite top pairing dman
-#2 center
-young goalie (doesn't have to be in NHL)

Up For Grabs:
-Luke Schenn
-Brayden Schenn
-Ilya Brygalov - looking to move him for a younger goalie (prospect, picks, nhler, etc)
-Depth dmen (Josi, Klein, Gervais, Sulzer)

Old
11-06-2012, 02:05 AM
IButtersI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammerhammer View Post
hey guys i NEED SOME HELP. I just joined one of the gm connected leagues with some of my friends. i was offered a trade to get Jamie Benn. Right now his cap hit is a little over 1 million. I am really close to the cap and im going to have to re-sign him in the off season.

can one of you guys tell me what his cap hit is now?? im assuming your already done 1 season.

Thanks boys and gals
1 Mill caphit? I think his is almost 2 Mill

Make sure its not Jordie Benn

Old
11-06-2012, 10:29 AM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammerhammer View Post

Thanks boys and gals
We couldn't even if we wanted to every league is different on player growth and draft rankings ect. That's one part of GM connected they got right.

Old
11-06-2012, 11:57 AM
tv14

Philly

Anyone needing a good goalie: Bryzgalov MUST be moved. Message me or propose a trade to me. Looking for a dman, #2 center or young goalie.

Last edited by tv14: 11-06-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old
11-06-2012, 02:52 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
We couldn't even if we wanted to every league is different on player growth and draft rankings ect. That's one part of GM connected they got right.
Not really. Peckham for instance I've seen jump to 82-85 in 6 different leagues. They don't always jump the same amount, but its usually the same people that jump drastically

Old
11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Not really. Peckham for instance I've seen jump to 82-85 in 6 different leagues. They don't always jump the same amount, but its usually the same people that jump drastically
I disagree. For instance I've seen McKinnon rated everywhere from 3.5 - 4 stars. My Peckham went to 84. My point is that it's not the same from league to league that way you can't just learn the players to draft and trade for ect.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
I disagree. For instance I've seen McKinnon rated everywhere from 3.5 - 4 stars. My Peckham went to 84. My point is that it's not the same from league to league that way you can't just learn the players to draft and trade for ect.
I think you've seen Mckinnon rated differently because he was scouted differently.

Your peckham will progress differently than another peckham because he gets more ice time or puts up more points. If he sits in the press box or gets injured he will jump up much less than if you play him on your first pairing all season.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:11 PM
czar99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post
I think you've seen Mckinnon rated differently because he was scouted differently.

Your peckham will progress differently than another peckham because he gets more ice time or puts up more points. If he sits in the press box or gets injured he will jump up much less than if you play him on your first pairing all season.
I picked Peckham off waivers and he's in my bottom six. The original question was the poster was offered a trade for Jaime Benn and wanted to know how he progress. Your reply backs up my point. It will be different from league to league based on the factors that you pointed out so its tough to give the guy an answer on how Benn progresses.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:15 PM
greenlightning86

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil Gauge View Post

I agree with both these statements. However I believe it is somewhere around 75% predetermined and 25% what happened the season before. Mathieu Perreault was a 74 then went to 83, crazy jump. He did all this despite being a healthy scratch for more than half the season and not playing higher than my 2nd line in the 30 some games he played. Orlov stayed at a 77 despite being in my top 4 and logging some big minutes and putting up some decent points. All this makes me think it is mostly predetermined.

Old
11-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Oil Gauge

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightning86 View Post
I agree with both these statements. However I believe it is somewhere around 75% predetermined and 25% what happened the season before. Mathieu Perreault was a 74 then went to 83, crazy jump. He did all this despite being a healthy scratch for more than half the season and not playing higher than my 2nd line in the 30 some games he played. Orlov stayed at a 77 despite being in my top 4 and logging some big minutes and putting up some decent points. All this makes me think it is mostly predetermined.
Yeah i think each player starts at the same place at the beginning of the game. Each player has a ceiling of potential. How close they get to that ceiling is determined by how you use them.

I'm pretty sure that the players you draft are all rated the same in each league. The pre draft ranking accuracy is determined by how much time you spent scouting them.

Closed Thread