HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leaf fans: would you trade kadri for luongo?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-03-2012, 06:16 PM
  #876
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Reimer is a bust now.? LOL.

What a weak argument bring up Pogge as "proof"
I don't know what Reimer is, he has done nothing to show he's a no.1 goalie

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:18 PM
  #877
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Never been to the Leafs board, have you?

And keep with the lame "Pogge was a bust" argument to prove Scrivens, Rynnas, Reimer, and Owuya suck.

Your post is so wrong it's just absurd.
You don't know how good they are or how they'll turn out

We do know that Loo is one of the best goalies in the game and the Leafs fans who ripped their goaltending last year, seem to not want him

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
  #878
Alfieghetti
inflamed
 
Alfieghetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
as a long time leaf fan, I'd trade anybody off the current team. Nobody is untouchable. For Luongo, I'd probably be ok with a one for one of Kadri, Colborne, Gardner, Ross, Reilly.

Man, what a sad list!

Alfieghetti is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
  #879
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Burke/Nonis built that core. They were just not at their peaks before Burke left.

But Bryan Murray, leaving a 76 point non-playoff team in Anaheim built the cup winner in 07', right?

And Burke signed Hiller in Anaheim BTW.
The Canucks wouldn't have gotten this far without Gillis. Burke and Nonis couldn't build a team that could win in the playoffs. In fact, Nonis couldn't build a team that could even make the playoffs.

__________________
http://www.vancitynitetours.com
y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
  #880
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality
 
y2kcanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,377
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
as a long time leaf fan, I'd trade anybody off the current team. Nobody is untouchable. For Luongo, I'd probably be ok with a one for one of Kadri, Colborne, Gardner, Ross, Reilly.

Man, what a sad list!
I'd do Luongo for Gardiner one for one.

y2kcanucks is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
  #881
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 11,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
You don't know how good they are or how they'll turn out

We do know that Loo is one of the best goalies in the game and the Leafs fans who ripped their goaltending last year, seem to not want him
Don't want him? Or think they can get him for cheap based on the combination of NTC and contract? I haven't followed this super close, but it seems like the real issue isn't Leaf's fans not wanting Luongo, just not wanting to pay full "price" for him in a trade. And conversely, VAN fans wanting/thinking that he should return full value in a trade.

The "silly" thing about this IMO is Luongo's value totally depends on the new CBA and the treatment of the "retirement" contracts. If the players cap hit still is removed when he retires, RL's value rises. If somehow the team has to either keep the cap hit on the books, or they have to take the cap hit for the cumulative amount of the "avoidance", RL's value falls.

Beukeboom Fan is online now  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:35 PM
  #882
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 15,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
When you have some time to spare take a look at the goalie drafting history of NHL teams and what you will see a lot of failure by a lot of GM's. It is by far the most difficult position to evaluate and many teams have had to go outside of their organization to get one.

Once you have this information you will see the absurdity of singling Burke out.
Nice try. Take a look at the list of goalies Burke has traded for dating back to his days in Vancouver and look how they performed.

Ayone who doesn't think Burke is dreadful at evaluating this position simply doesn't know his history.

Drop the Sopel is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
  #883
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Burke/Nonis built that core. They were just not at their peaks before Burke left.

But Bryan Murray, leaving a 76 point non-playoff team in Anaheim built the cup winner in 07', right?

And Burke signed Hiller in Anaheim BTW.
They might have drafted our core but that core didn't take off until Gillis came here & THAT is fact. To be more specific we didn't take off until Sundin got here & mentored the Sedins, Kesler, Edler..etc

Nonis wouldn't have the balls to pull off the move that Gillis did to get Sundin.


ALSO Gillis set up a cap structure that allowed us to build a very deep team.


But you know keep convincing yourself your Gm made our team what it is even though he hadn't been employed by them for what 4-5 years?



Burke signed Hiller... cool! You swing 100 times you are bound to hit 1.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
  #884
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I'd do Luongo for Gardiner one for one.
Of course you would. No sane GM would offer a player / prospect of Jake Gardiner's potential for Albatross Luongo, though.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  #885
mooseOAK*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 42,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Nice try. Take a look at the list of goalies Burke has traded for dating back to his days in Vancouver and look how they performed.

Ayone who doesn't think Burke is dreadful at evaluating this position simply doesn't know his history.
I don't think that Burke has traded for a goalie since he left Vancouver other than Martin Gerber to finish out one season.

I do know that Jonas Hiller was his signing.

mooseOAK* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  #886
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
They might have drafted our core but that core didn't take off until Gillis came here. To be more specific we didn't take off until Sundin mentored the Sedins, Kesler, Edler..etc
This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever read on HF.

Indeed, Sundin's 49 games as a Canuck surely molded the team into what it is today! What a legend.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:41 PM
  #887
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever read on HF.

Indeed, Sundin's 49 games as a Canuck surely molded the team into what it is today! What a legend.
Shows what you know about the situation.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
  #888
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Shows what you know about the situation.
Keep reaching.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:44 PM
  #889
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Of course you would. No sane GM would offer a player / prospect of Jake Gardiner's potential for Albatross Luongo, though.
I actually agree with Y2K for once. I think thats a fair deal. Toronto has already missed the playoffs 7 seasons in a row. If it takes giving up a 1 good young defender to fix the joke known as their goaltending. Then so be it.

nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
  #890
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
No way Burke trades Gardiner for Luo, though. Just given the criticism he's already been given for mortgaging the future I can't imagine the outbreak if he trades a future top 2 defenseman. Fans would go nutso in Toronto.

CanuckLuck is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
  #891
nhlfan9191
Registered User
 
nhlfan9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saskatoon, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Keep reaching.
Sundin was a joke in Vancouver. No doubt about it. Horrible waste of money.

nhlfan9191 is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:46 PM
  #892
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
I actually agree with Y2K for once. I think thats a fair deal. Toronto has already missed the playoffs 7 seasons in a row. If it takes giving up a 1 good young defender to fix the joke known as their goaltending. Then so be it.
We're not going to give up a potential high pick for an aging goalie with a decade left on his contract. Luongo with fantastic seasons in Florida could never take them to the playoffs.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  #893
RDRR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Shows what you know about the situation.
The easiest way to tell if someone actually watches the Canucks is to ask them about their opinion on the Sundin signing.

RDRR is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  #894
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
No way Burke trades Gardiner for Luo, though. Just given the criticism he's already been given for mortgaging the future I can't imagine the outbreak if he trades a future top 2 defenseman. Fans would go nutso in Toronto.
And that "Mortgaging the Future" coments were for a 21 year-old player. This is a guy near his mid 30's.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
  #895
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
The Canucks didn't even use Sundin right.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:48 PM
  #896
RDRR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
We're not going to give up a potential high pick for an aging goalie with a decade left on his contract. Luongo with fantastic seasons in Florida could never take them to the playoffs.
I know you're not used to this, but your Leafs>those Panthers.

RDRR is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  #897
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Keep reaching.
Reaching?


Kesler has mentioned that Sundin played a huge role in helping develop his offensive ability. Ask any Canuck fan & they'll tell you that Sundin helped the core mature. His leadership rubbed off on the Twins as well.

Scoff all you want but its the truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Sundin was a joke in Vancouver. No doubt about it. Horrible waste of money.
He didn't play anywhere near his standards (ppg in post season) but he played a huge role in mentoring this team.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  #898
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
I don't know what Reimer is, he has done nothing to show he's a no.1 goalie
For more than half his career he played like a true #1.

It's funny, 37 games wasn't enough to judge him being good, but 32 last year was enough to judge him as a bust.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:49 PM
  #899
CanuckLuck
Registered User
 
CanuckLuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
And that "Mortgaging the Future" coments were for a 21 year-old player. This is a guy near his mid 30's.
Precisely. Plus Gardiner has much more value than Luongo anyways.

CanuckLuck is offline  
Old
10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
  #900
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDRR View Post
I know you're not used to this, but your Leafs>those Panthers.
I agree, but it is a risk. I don't want to risk a first rounder. No way.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.