HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Don't even give me that ****. I'm black too.

It's not a race thing it's an athletic qb thing.
EDIT: Nevermind. Not worth it.

I still think you selling Griffin a bit short. He's athletic to be sure, but his first instinct is to throw, not to run, and he's shown more poise in the pocket as a rookie than Vick has his entire career.

Old
11-23-2012, 04:16 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Interesting video.

I'm torn on this. It's a good job, but c'mon..subjected to Taylor Swift like that? At least the girls were cute.

Never Win With Andy vs. Call the Union...

Hmmm.....

Old
11-23-2012, 07:45 PM
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ

I am a diehard Eagles fan living in the Redskins-viewing area.

I have watched every Skins game this year, and listen to DC sports radio during long commutes from work. In other words, I feel confident that I have gathered sufficient data to analyze RG3. Not saying that my judgement offers any value; only that the the data is true.

And this kid is the real deal.

He is NOT Mike Vick or McNabb. His mechanics, accuracy, and reads are just so very slightly below Luck's. And I would say his competitiveness and intelligence eventually puts him above Luck in in those categories with time. He has the drive and sense to fix where he presently lacks.

He is NOT a running quarterback. Kyle Shanahan runs a gimmicky offense because his QB is athletic enough to exploit it. But, here's the thing: RG3 is a better passer than he is a runner. I am not sure that ever was the case with Vick, et. al.

RG3 is for real. If the Skins get Orakpo and Carriker back, and draft/FA to bolster their OL, they are going to be a scary team. For years to come.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
FLYguy3911

He rarely ran in college (other than designed plays). He's always been a legit passer and great decision maker. The only thing I questioned was the system he played in at Baylor, but he has proven he can succeed in any offense.

Old
11-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Prongo
Beer

The one thing that sets RG3 far far apart from the other quarterback being discussed in this thread is his intelligence. RG3 has excellent football intelligence(coming out of college it was talked about a **** ton) and also he carried a pretty darn good GPA throughout college. RG3 will be far more successful than Vick, Mcnabb, and Jason Campbell(why was he even mentioned?) because of his football intelligence. Also the kid can throw the hell out of a football, and accurately too.

He is the real deal, and with time will only get better. If teams have the ability to get to know his tendencies from video, he will be one step ahead of them. He can make plays by running or throwing 55 yards down field hitting his wide out in stride. Pretty impressive stuff from a rookie. One thing he does need to learn is not taking big hits though, if he does that he is set.

(P.S. noting he is a duel threat quarterback, the possibility he might get hurt is always there, so that is IMO the only way he doesn't end up better than McNabb and Vick.)

Old
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The one thing that sets RG3 far far apart from the other quarterback being discussed in this thread is his intelligence. RG3 has excellent football intelligence(coming out of college it was talked about a **** ton) and also he carried a pretty darn good GPA throughout college. RG3 will be far more successful than Vick, Mcnabb, and Jason Campbell(why was he even mentioned?) because of his football intelligence. Also the kid can throw the hell out of a football, and accurately too.

He is the real deal, and with time will only get better. If teams have the ability to get to know his tendencies from video, he will be one step ahead of them. He can make plays by running or throwing 55 yards down field hitting his wide out in stride. Pretty impressive stuff from a rookie. One thing he does need to learn is not taking big hits though, if he does that he is set.

(P.S. noting he is a duel threat quarterback, the possibility he might get hurt is always there, so that is IMO the only way he doesn't end up better than McNabb and Vick.)

So he's Randall Cunningham? Who also didn't win anything. I'm sorry but even though the Eagles suck now I'm still not scared of RG3. And I'm usually a mastermind about this kind of stuff.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
So he's Randall Cunningham? Who also didn't win anything. I'm sorry but even though the Eagles suck now I'm still not scared of RG3. And I'm usually a mastermind about this kind of stuff.
So I assume you'll be handing in a résumé into the Novacare complex once Reid's tenure is officially over, yes?

Old
11-26-2012, 10:32 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Nnamdi was signed to be a guy he is not. In Oakland, they just let him go 1v1 vs. the other guy. For some reason the Eagles insist on making him play zone, with a secondary unit that doesn't know how to take assignments. The guy didn't just forget how to play leaving the Raiders of all teams.
Results are all I look at. What about all the 1-on-1 match ups ASO blows? What is his excuse for getting burned on go routes down the sideline? Is that also blamed on his "thought I had safety help" excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If by "good" you mean he can run fast and not do anything else to help the team, then yes.
I said Jackson is a "good" player, which he is. He is not great (Fitz, Calvin Johnson, etc.), but he is a good player.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
I am a diehard Eagles fan living in the Redskins-viewing area.

I have watched every Skins game this year, and listen to DC sports radio during long commutes from work. In other words, I feel confident that I have gathered sufficient data to analyze RG3. Not saying that my judgement offers any value; only that the the data is true.

And this kid is the real deal.

He is NOT Mike Vick or McNabb. His mechanics, accuracy, and reads are just so very slightly below Luck's. And I would say his competitiveness and intelligence eventually puts him above Luck in in those categories with time. He has the drive and sense to fix where he presently lacks.

He is NOT a running quarterback. Kyle Shanahan runs a gimmicky offense because his QB is athletic enough to exploit it. But, here's the thing: RG3 is a better passer than he is a runner. I am not sure that ever was the case with Vick, et. al.

RG3 is for real. If the Skins get Orakpo and Carriker back, and draft/FA to bolster their OL, they are going to be a scary team. For years to come.
Fortunate for us, the Skins still have an $18M cap penalty next year and they don't have a 1st round draft pick until 2015. Gonna be tough to fill those holes for a few years.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
They should do the whole Invinceable thing again, but instead this time for the head coach spot.

11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
RussianRocket10

Hopefully not an embarrassment tonight. Please show up to play.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Hopefully not an embarrassment tonight. Please show up to play.
What do they gain by winning?

Old
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
What do they gain by winning?
A worse draft spot.

11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Results are all I look at. What about all the 1-on-1 match ups ASO blows? What is his excuse for getting burned on go routes down the sideline? Is that also blamed on his "thought I had safety help" excuse?

Nnamdi rarely had safety help in Oakland, and he also pressed and jammed at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles signed him to be a player that he was not. It's all scheme and confidence. You can't play corner in this league if you're not confident. I watch Patrick Robinson try to do that every week. If/When he gets cut, he's going to go somewhere like New England, and in a year we'll all be saying 'why couldn't he play like that for the Eagles?' Just look at Asante, he was softer than a box of tissues (yet was one of the better hitters) and now he's like an Iron Man for the Falcons.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Pathetic.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
AaronTrieu

Typical. Hahaha

Old
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I guess it's going poorly?

I don't have control of the TV at the moment.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
So far so bad

Old
11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I guess it's going poorly?

I don't have control of the TV at the moment.
Eagles Defense is making the Flyers defense look like a great defense

Old
11-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Krishna

Nice 65 yard touchdown run for Bryce Brown.. Eagles fail on the 2 point attempt.

14-12 Panthers

Old
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Krishna

15-14 Eagles

Old
11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

You can't make this **** up...

back to back to back offsides while your opponent is driving into the red zone, starting on 3rd and long. Then get some life with the missed PAT and you ****ing fumble the kickoff return.

These guys are just another level of awful

Old
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Juan Castillo couldn't be laughing more since his firing if Comedy Central were airing the best of Pryor, Murphy, Carlin, and Dangerfield on a loop.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Seriously, the D was the least of our worries. Now we still can't score points AND we couldn't cover a sloth.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Devastate

How did Foles play? I skipped the game

Closed Thread