HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2012, 01:16 PM
  #376
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Don't even give me that ****. I'm black too.

It's not a race thing it's an athletic qb thing.
EDIT: Nevermind. Not worth it.

I still think you selling Griffin a bit short. He's athletic to be sure, but his first instinct is to throw, not to run, and he's shown more poise in the pocket as a rookie than Vick has his entire career.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 04:16 PM
  #377
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,394
vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Interesting video.

I'm torn on this. It's a good job, but c'mon..subjected to Taylor Swift like that? At least the girls were cute.



Never Win With Andy vs. Call the Union...


Hmmm.....

GKJ is offline  
Old
11-23-2012, 07:45 PM
  #378
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
I am a diehard Eagles fan living in the Redskins-viewing area.

I have watched every Skins game this year, and listen to DC sports radio during long commutes from work. In other words, I feel confident that I have gathered sufficient data to analyze RG3. Not saying that my judgement offers any value; only that the the data is true.

And this kid is the real deal.

He is NOT Mike Vick or McNabb. His mechanics, accuracy, and reads are just so very slightly below Luck's. And I would say his competitiveness and intelligence eventually puts him above Luck in in those categories with time. He has the drive and sense to fix where he presently lacks.

He is NOT a running quarterback. Kyle Shanahan runs a gimmicky offense because his QB is athletic enough to exploit it. But, here's the thing: RG3 is a better passer than he is a runner. I am not sure that ever was the case with Vick, et. al.

RG3 is for real. If the Skins get Orakpo and Carriker back, and draft/FA to bolster their OL, they are going to be a scary team. For years to come.

WhiskeyBoarder is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 12:05 AM
  #379
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,302
vCash: 500
He rarely ran in college (other than designed plays). He's always been a legit passer and great decision maker. The only thing I questioned was the system he played in at Baylor, but he has proven he can succeed in any offense.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 12:58 AM
  #380
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
The one thing that sets RG3 far far apart from the other quarterback being discussed in this thread is his intelligence. RG3 has excellent football intelligence(coming out of college it was talked about a **** ton) and also he carried a pretty darn good GPA throughout college. RG3 will be far more successful than Vick, Mcnabb, and Jason Campbell(why was he even mentioned?) because of his football intelligence. Also the kid can throw the hell out of a football, and accurately too.

He is the real deal, and with time will only get better. If teams have the ability to get to know his tendencies from video, he will be one step ahead of them. He can make plays by running or throwing 55 yards down field hitting his wide out in stride. Pretty impressive stuff from a rookie. One thing he does need to learn is not taking big hits though, if he does that he is set.

(P.S. noting he is a duel threat quarterback, the possibility he might get hurt is always there, so that is IMO the only way he doesn't end up better than McNabb and Vick.)

Prongo is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:52 PM
  #381
TheLegendkiller
Registered User
 
TheLegendkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
The one thing that sets RG3 far far apart from the other quarterback being discussed in this thread is his intelligence. RG3 has excellent football intelligence(coming out of college it was talked about a **** ton) and also he carried a pretty darn good GPA throughout college. RG3 will be far more successful than Vick, Mcnabb, and Jason Campbell(why was he even mentioned?) because of his football intelligence. Also the kid can throw the hell out of a football, and accurately too.

He is the real deal, and with time will only get better. If teams have the ability to get to know his tendencies from video, he will be one step ahead of them. He can make plays by running or throwing 55 yards down field hitting his wide out in stride. Pretty impressive stuff from a rookie. One thing he does need to learn is not taking big hits though, if he does that he is set.

(P.S. noting he is a duel threat quarterback, the possibility he might get hurt is always there, so that is IMO the only way he doesn't end up better than McNabb and Vick.)

So he's Randall Cunningham? Who also didn't win anything. I'm sorry but even though the Eagles suck now I'm still not scared of RG3. And I'm usually a mastermind about this kind of stuff.

TheLegendkiller is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:14 AM
  #382
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
So he's Randall Cunningham? Who also didn't win anything. I'm sorry but even though the Eagles suck now I'm still not scared of RG3. And I'm usually a mastermind about this kind of stuff.
So I assume you'll be handing in a résumé into the Novacare complex once Reid's tenure is officially over, yes?

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:32 AM
  #383
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Nnamdi was signed to be a guy he is not. In Oakland, they just let him go 1v1 vs. the other guy. For some reason the Eagles insist on making him play zone, with a secondary unit that doesn't know how to take assignments. The guy didn't just forget how to play leaving the Raiders of all teams.
Results are all I look at. What about all the 1-on-1 match ups ASO blows? What is his excuse for getting burned on go routes down the sideline? Is that also blamed on his "thought I had safety help" excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
If by "good" you mean he can run fast and not do anything else to help the team, then yes.
I said Jackson is a "good" player, which he is. He is not great (Fitz, Calvin Johnson, etc.), but he is a good player.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
  #384
Snotbubbles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBoarder View Post
I am a diehard Eagles fan living in the Redskins-viewing area.

I have watched every Skins game this year, and listen to DC sports radio during long commutes from work. In other words, I feel confident that I have gathered sufficient data to analyze RG3. Not saying that my judgement offers any value; only that the the data is true.

And this kid is the real deal.

He is NOT Mike Vick or McNabb. His mechanics, accuracy, and reads are just so very slightly below Luck's. And I would say his competitiveness and intelligence eventually puts him above Luck in in those categories with time. He has the drive and sense to fix where he presently lacks.

He is NOT a running quarterback. Kyle Shanahan runs a gimmicky offense because his QB is athletic enough to exploit it. But, here's the thing: RG3 is a better passer than he is a runner. I am not sure that ever was the case with Vick, et. al.

RG3 is for real. If the Skins get Orakpo and Carriker back, and draft/FA to bolster their OL, they are going to be a scary team. For years to come.
Fortunate for us, the Skins still have an $18M cap penalty next year and they don't have a 1st round draft pick until 2015. Gonna be tough to fill those holes for a few years.

Snotbubbles is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
  #385
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,914
vCash: 50
They should do the whole Invinceable thing again, but instead this time for the head coach spot.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
  #386
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,860
vCash: 500
Hopefully not an embarrassment tonight. Please show up to play.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
  #387
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Hopefully not an embarrassment tonight. Please show up to play.
What do they gain by winning?

StevensCakeBakerBacker is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
  #388
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,678
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
What do they gain by winning?
A worse draft spot.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 04:07 PM
  #389
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 110,394
vCash: 5602
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Results are all I look at. What about all the 1-on-1 match ups ASO blows? What is his excuse for getting burned on go routes down the sideline? Is that also blamed on his "thought I had safety help" excuse?

Nnamdi rarely had safety help in Oakland, and he also pressed and jammed at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles signed him to be a player that he was not. It's all scheme and confidence. You can't play corner in this league if you're not confident. I watch Patrick Robinson try to do that every week. If/When he gets cut, he's going to go somewhere like New England, and in a year we'll all be saying 'why couldn't he play like that for the Eagles?' Just look at Asante, he was softer than a box of tissues (yet was one of the better hitters) and now he's like an Iron Man for the Falcons.

GKJ is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  #390
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 500
Pathetic.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
  #391
AaronTrieu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,885
vCash: 500
Typical. Hahaha

AaronTrieu is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
  #392
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,678
vCash: 156
I guess it's going poorly?

I don't have control of the TV at the moment.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:12 PM
  #393
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,203
vCash: 300
So far so bad

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
  #394
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I guess it's going poorly?

I don't have control of the TV at the moment.
Eagles Defense is making the Flyers defense look like a great defense

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:33 PM
  #395
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
Nice 65 yard touchdown run for Bryce Brown.. Eagles fail on the 2 point attempt.

14-12 Panthers

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:45 PM
  #396
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,050
vCash: 50
15-14 Eagles

Krishna is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:22 PM
  #397
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
You can't make this **** up...

back to back to back offsides while your opponent is driving into the red zone, starting on 3rd and long. Then get some life with the missed PAT and you ****ing fumble the kickoff return.

These guys are just another level of awful

Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:32 PM
  #398
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.
 
Phileeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Juan Castillo couldn't be laughing more since his firing if Comedy Central were airing the best of Pryor, Murphy, Carlin, and Dangerfield on a loop.

Phileeguy is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:36 PM
  #399
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks
 
Mr.Krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ - Sec. 229
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
Seriously, the D was the least of our worries. Now we still can't score points AND we couldn't cover a sloth.

Mr.Krinkle is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:37 PM
  #400
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
How did Foles play? I skipped the game

Devastate is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.