HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor and Proposal Thread Part III

View Poll Results: Would you accept the Edmonton Oilers acquiring Luongo from the Vancouver Canucks?
Yes 103 35.64%
No 186 64.36%
Voters: 289. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Brewster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0il fan View Post
Ok guys and gals, so what would a reasonable offer be to get Getzlaf out of Anahiem if he wanted out?

Here's my offer:

to Ana
two of Hemsky/Gagner/Klefbom/
Any prospect not named Schutz or Yakupov
2013 2nd rounder upgraded to 2014 first rounder if he signs with Edm past his current deal

to Edm
Getzlaf
Too much from our side, particularly in the event that Getzlaf walks. In that case, we would essentially be down either three top six players (Getz, Hemsky and Gagner) or two top six players (Getz and Hemmer/Gags) and one of the best defensive prospects in the game, on top of giving up a second rounder and one of what I can only assume would be Pitlick/Bunz/Marincin/Musil.

Old
11-03-2012, 09:40 PM
0il fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Too much from our side, particularly in the event that Getzlaf walks. In that case, we would essentially be down either three top six players (Getz, Hemsky and Gagner) or two top six players (Getz and Hemmer/Gags) and one of the best defensive prospects in the game, on top of giving up a second rounder and one of what I can only assume would be Pitlick/Bunz/Marincin/Musil.
How about this, if Ana likes Klefbom in the deal, and Edm only puts him in if they can negotiate and agree to an extention prior?

Last edited by 0il fan: 11-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 09:52 PM
rockinghockey

Getz point totals have been going down the last few years. I bet he will want 6mil a year and we can't afford to pay a 2C that much.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:50 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Getz point totals have been going down the last few years. I bet he will want 6mil a year and we can't afford to pay a 2C that much.
With Horcoff and Khabby both coming down in salary at some point, we should have the money. Besides, Hemmer is making 5 mill and would pretty much be a wash.

Old
11-04-2012, 12:10 AM
0il fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
With Horcoff and Khabby both coming down in salary at some point, we should have the money. Besides, Hemmer is making 5 mill and would pretty much be a wash.
Exactly! We have three years of Yak on his elc before we need to worry about cap space, by then horc and knabby wont be making the $ they are now or retired. If Anahiem wanted Hemsky in the deal it really isnt an issue. Also Getzlaf would fit in with the new internal cap from the Hall and Ebs deals. If he can be sold on the orginization and the building plan 6 mil would be "in the range" of his ufa asking price.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:37 AM
Baggers

Not interested in acquiring Getzlaf. Only has one year left on his contract and when I saw him play last year, he looked lazy/slow/disinterested. Kind of like watching Penner at the C position.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:03 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0il fan View Post
Ok guys and gals, so what would a reasonable offer be to get Getzlaf out of Anahiem if he wanted out?

Here's my offer:

to Ana
two of Hemsky/Gagner/Klefbom/
Any prospect not named Schutz or Yakupov
2013 2nd rounder upgraded to 2014 first rounder if he signs with Edm past his current deal

to Edm
Getzlaf
Why would Edmonton trade for Getzlaf when he's a UFA next year, furthermore Yakupov will be traded before Klefbom is. Every time Stauffer has a brain fart these silly unrealistic trade proposals come forward. Edmonton's D is weak and Klefbom and Schultz seem to be their future top pair, Marincin looks good as well but I don't think he's the same caliber as Klefbom.

Luongo will never be trade to a team in the Canucks own division, he could come back a beat them, and who ever is traded to the Canucks could end up hurting the Oilers in the long run.

Old
11-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Why would Edmonton trade for Getzlaf when he's a UFA next year, furthermore Yakupov will be traded before Klefbom is. Every time Stauffer has a brain fart these silly unrealistic trade proposals come forward. Edmonton's D is weak and Klefbom and Schultz seem to be their future top pair, Marincin looks good as well but I don't think he's the same caliber as Klefbom.

Luongo will never be trade to a team in the Canucks own division, he could come back a beat them, and who ever is traded to the Canucks could end up hurting the Oilers in the long run.
See: Chris Pronger to Edmonton trade in 2005

I do remember Stauffer saying something about an RFA though

Old
11-04-2012, 04:37 AM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags89 View Post
Actually it sounds like Brule requested to leave.

As per ZSC Lions release..
I think they mentioned on Oilers Now that Brule was out of shape

Old
11-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Yea no thanks to Brule. I always thought he had some mental issues and then when Lombardi leaked Brule suffers from depression (during Mulletgate) that confirmed my suspicions.

If he could work on his issues he could still be a player on some team, wasnt he good for Phoenix? But getting cut by a lesser league is pretty hellish for the career prospects
he' s good when he's not... well... you know... he's got some problems.

Old
11-04-2012, 01:46 PM
McArthur

It's luongo

Old
11-04-2012, 02:16 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
It's luongo
Based on?

Old
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
rockinghockey

I know we will be losing Horc, Khabi, and Hemsky's contracts but there is no way that any team could afford:
Eberle 6mil
Hall 6mil
Yak 6mil
RNH 6mil
Getz 6mil
That is 30 mil tied up in just 6 players. What about our dmen how much for Schultz and other dmen, they will want their money also. We will need a 2C that will make about 4mil a season.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Fourier

Quote:
I know we will be losing Horc, Khabi, and Hemsky's contracts but there is no way that any team could afford:
Eberle 6mil
Hall 6mil
Yak 6mil
RNH 6mil
Getz 6mil
That is 30 mil tied up in just 6 players. What about our dmen how much for Schultz and other dmen, they will want their money also. We will need a 2C that will make about 4mil a season.
I don't think you really do need a #2C if you have Getzlaf and RNH.

When Yakupov's deal is up you are looking at a cap of probably around $70M. To make that top 5 work you would likely be looking at a split that looks something like

Forwards ---$43.5M
Defense ---$22M
Goal ---$4.5M

The split could look something like this:

2 6 6
6 6 6
1.5 2.5 1.5
1 1.5 1
1 1

6 5
4.5 3
1.5 1

That said I don't see any way the Oilers end up in on Getzlaf.

Old
11-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Eberle 6mil
Hall 6mil
Yak 6mil
RNH 6mil
Getz 6mil
I'm not big on getting Getz, but I do think it's possible to have those contracts you listed. The Rangers are able to do it (even more than $30M on 6 players), I just think it would hinder us from having a significant cap hit on a goalie or #1 d-man.
You also have to assume that by the time Yak and RNH are on their 2nd contracts, the salary cap will be significantly higher than $60M

Old
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by McArthur View Post
It's luongo
I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Luongo. I think being traded to a divisional rival would light a fire under his *** and really take it to the Canucks.

I know he's older but goaltenders can play until they are 38 and still contribute to the team. Having said that, I wouldn't overpay to bring him here. The Canucks would have to take some salary back to make it work. I think Khabby and a decent prospect like Pitlick going back the other way would be enough to get it done.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:44 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Luongo. I think being traded to a divisional rival would light a fire under his *** and really take it to the Canucks.

I know he's older but goaltenders can play until they are 38 and still contribute to the team. Having said that, I wouldn't overpay to bring him here. The Canucks would have to take some salary back to make it work. I think Khabby and a decent prospect like Pitlick going back the other way would be enough to get it done.
And that is where the idea breaks down. Some Canuck fans are thinking Paajarvi + 1st + prospect, or Hemsky + Gagner. And that's not even mentioning the ones thinking Eberle should be involved.

I want no part of RL at his rumoured trade cost.

Old
11-05-2012, 03:48 PM
swany

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
And that is where the idea breaks down. Some Canuck fans are thinking Paajarvi + 1st + prospect, or Hemsky + Gagner. And that's not even mentioning the ones thinking Eberle should be involved.

I want no part of RL at his rumoured trade cost.
It's either Louy or Jaybo

Old
11-05-2012, 03:56 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

FYI, this poster has been correct on a few recent moves through his source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
It's either Louy or Jaybo
Thanks for the info. I certainly hope if we are getting RL then it's for a reasonable price. What Canuck fans want seems like very high.

Personally, I'd prefer Jay. I think he'd be cheaper and have as big an impact.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

I want no part of either one. Both scream PANIC to me. They just gave Dubnyk starters money and JBo doesnt want to play here and is wayyy over paid.

Benn or O'Reilly are two of the only ones who make sense that could be available for what the club needs in the place it is in right now.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
I want no part of either one. Both scream PANIC to me. They just gave Dubnyk starters money and JBo doesnt want to play here and is wayyy over paid.

Benn or O'Reilly are two of the only ones who make sense that could be available for what the club needs in the place it is in right now.
Benn? really?
It would take Eberle+ for him ..

Guys like JBo and Louu are not panic moves but smart management.. buy low ..
both are overpaid but are very good on ice. If the cap is not an issue then either of these 2 would be a step in the right direction.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:51 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

I shudder to think what it would cost to get either one of those guys. I think you are dreaming.

Both RL and Bouw would be upgrades for us. Whether that upgrade is worth the trade cost is another question. As for Bouw not wanting to play here, that was part of what Bob was saying. Guys that didn't want to be here a few years ago are more open to the idea now. It's very possible he was talking about Jay given Stauffer's relationship with the family.

Old
11-05-2012, 04:58 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Benn? really?

both are overpaid but are very good on ice. If the cap is not an issue then either of these 2 would be a step in the right direction.
If Benn wants out of Dallas it wont cost any of our BIG5.

Luo is a cap issue for us, and he is a playoff/pressure choker.

My bet is Bob threw it out there to judge interest and boost ratings. Cant believe how many Oiler fans would be willing to give up solid assets for Luongo and that contract.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:04 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Quote:
If Benn wants out of Dallas it wont cost any of our BIG5.

Luo is a cap issue for us, and he is a playoff/pressure choker.

My bet is Bob threw it out there to judge interest and boost ratings. Cant believe how many Oiler fans would be willing to give up solid assets for Luongo and that contract.
At least he could help us get there first.

Even if Benn wanted out of Dallas, he wouldn't be cheap. He's not on a crippling contract with a NTC/NMC like others that have made demands.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:10 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Benn? really?

Agreed. The nice thing about JBo is he has a year and a half left on his deal and you know his next contract won't be as high. Him and Smid could be a great shutdown pair for us and play 25-30 min a game

Closed Thread