HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When will this lockout end? (all lockout talk here)

View Poll Results: When will the lockout end?
Sometime between Oct-nov 49 18.08%
Sometime between Dec-jan 90 33.21%
Season canceled 132 48.71%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Spector's Hockey ‏@SpectorsHockey
Apparently, lots of talk, no progress at today's #NHLCBA meetings. Will they talk again this weekend? Apparently, up to #NHLPA to decide.
Quote:
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
Bettman said that he would be prepared to talk again tonight or through the weekend 'whatever it takes'
Looks like the PA is about to drop the ball again.

Old
11-09-2012, 05:51 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Dreger: Sources #NHL perplexed NHLPA did not inform players they are willing to go 50/50 and "Make Whole" every cent + interest by Year 3.

What?

Isn't that a pretty major concession and it's not in the memo.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:07 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Dreger: Sources #NHL perplexed NHLPA did not inform players they are willing to go 50/50 and "Make Whole" every cent + interest by Year 3.

What?

Isn't that a pretty major concession and it's not in the memo.
Anyone still believe that Donald Fehr has negotiated in good faith during these negotiations?

Old
11-09-2012, 06:16 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Anyone still believe that Donald Fehr has negotiated in good faith during these negotiations?
http://www.startribune.com/sports/bl...sos_Rants.html

If Russo is correct in what he's writing here this could mean bad things for Fehr.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:19 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/bl...sos_Rants.html

If Russo is correct in what he's writing here this could mean bad things for Fehr.
Let's hope so. Fehr is a reptile.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:21 PM
RipsADrive
Draft Dynasty

Also apparently word is that Fehr wants 100% of salaries paid for a partial season in 2012/2013. Absolutely ridiculous.

Would love to see everything implode on him here.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:24 PM
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Also apparently word is that Fehr wants 100% of salaries paid for a partial season in 2012/2013. Absolutely ridiculous.

Would love to see everything implode on him here.
If true, simply crazy and nobody should have a problem with canceling the season rather than give into such a demand.

.....it's like a framer building half a house but wanting to be paid for building a whole one.

IMO, this shows that Fehr is losing players as the lockout continues and this is his pathetic attempt to keep them on side.

Last edited by gooilgo: 11-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

Don't let Fehr win. That's all i ask

Old
11-09-2012, 06:29 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

The more I learn about Fehr, the more I want Bettman to crush him. What a chump.

Old
11-09-2012, 06:38 PM
#ualberta

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Told NHL willing to guarantee $211 million as part of Make Whole to players... NHLPA doesn't agree with league's model or $$...not good day

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Both sides still far apart on player contracts issues. NHL still wants same changes. NHLPA says no way; feels 50-50 HRR is a huge concession

Not a good day indeed I hope arrangements are at least made for meeting tomorrow or perhaps Monday it will be pretty disappointing if they just call it a day don fehr is being stupid but I will say if the NHL demands 50-50 and refuses to move on other contracting issues at all then they are being pretty unreasonable

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Today wasn't a good day but that doesn't mean tomorrow can't be different if they meet again.. Ebb and flows to these things

Old
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
bardfromedson

i think by the end of the weekend that the players will realize that fehr is in this to win it for himself and not to get the best deal he can for the players. there going to tell him to get the best deal possible by the end of next week or find a new job. the players will not loose a full season so fehr can say he won. He is off his rocker with his latest demands

Old
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
SK13
Prep Time

Let me get this straight: They offer to fund Make Whole plus interest and the PA says "not even close". They want last year plus five percent?

I'd have less patience with that than Bettman.

Old
11-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Let me get this straight: They offer to fund Make Whole plus interest and the PA says "not even close". They want last year plus five percent?

I'd have less patience with that than Bettman.
I'd tell Fehr to get ****ed, contact every team's NHLPA rep and tell them that until they get rid of this clown there will be no negotiations.

11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Jamin

The NHLPA and fehr remind me of inception.

There is a scene where Michael Caine says "come back to reality" to Leonardo Dicaprio.

Everytime I read about a player tweeting or hear Fehr in an interview thats what I think of especially todays offer by the NHL

Old
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM
#ualberta

How much money is required for the make whole ? In other words how much is required to pay for all the losses from current player contracts

I heard today the league was willing to put 211 million towards make while is that more then all of it ?

Old
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I'd tell Fehr to get ****ed, contact every team's NHLPA rep and tell them that until they get rid of this clown there will be no negotiations.
At this point, if I'm the NHL, I just stop negotiating until the players accept the 50/50 + make whole + interest. I'd also give them a January 1 deadline for scrubbing the season and let them know that after January 1 "make whole" disappears.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM
SK13
Prep Time

Fehr now saying that they aren't as far apart as being portrayed by the media, but if it's even remotely true that he's trying to get the NHL to add lost salary, frankly, I'm hoping the PA loses an entire season and all the money involved. That's a nasty "**** you" to the league and something I would personally flip the table over about.

That Bettman listened to that and is willing to negotiate into the weekend astounds me given his history.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:15 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Fehr now saying that they aren't as far apart as being portrayed by the media, but if it's even remotely true that he's trying to get the NHL to add lost salary, frankly, I'm hoping the PA loses an entire season and all the money involved. That's a nasty "**** you" to the league and something I would personally flip the table over about.

That Bettman listened to that and is willing to negotiate into the weekend astounds me given his history.
It tells me that the NHL really can't afford to lose another season and is doing everything it can to salvage one. I wish they took this attitude in July.

That said, if the players think they can hold out for a real dollar raise after missing a quarter of the season ... they can say goodbye to a seventh of their career earnings.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
oilphan

At this point I actually hope the season is cancelled, the league loses a ton of fans, and the players end up having to make a fraction of what they make today. Clearly one side is negotiating in good faith, and the PA is not. Greedy is all I can say.

The NHL should also insist on a 20 year 50/50 revenue split with only certain items (free agency, etc) being opened up to renegotiation every 5 years.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Wretched Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
At this point I actually hope the season is cancelled, the league loses a ton of fans, and the players end up having to make a fraction of what they make today. Clearly one side is negotiating in good faith, and the PA is not. Greedy is all I can say.

The NHL should also insist on a 20 year 50/50 revenue split with only certain items (free agency, etc) being opened up to renegotiation every 5 years.
I merely hope the lessons learned from this debacle aren't forgotten by the next lock-out.

Ya, I'm setting my self up for disappointment

Old
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
HopelessOilFan

I was really hopeful yesterday... now its gone.

If fehr really is asking for full season pay with a partial season, i cannot imagine this season being played at all.

I know the players put him in charge to do whats best for them, but at what point do they realize what they are losing out on isn't worth absolutely unreasonable requests.

Billionaires vs millionairs do they really think they stand a chance?

They are lucky the owners have moved as far as they have based on what i've read.

Old
11-09-2012, 08:45 PM
UnrefinedCrude

vCash: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post

I know the players put him in charge to do whats best for them,
See,I don't think they did. If that was their goal, to find a fair and equitable deal, and what is best for them and the game then they wouldn't have fired Paul Kelly.

they hired Fehr because they want to "WIN" the new CBA. After all they lost the last one so bad the average salary is ~$2Mil. the don't want the best deal, they want to win.

they hired the guy who would go nuclear, but they didn't look at what would happen if the NHL owners didn't just turn tail and run.

Old
11-09-2012, 10:03 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrefinedCrude View Post
See,I don't think they did. If that was their goal, to find a fair and equitable deal, and what is best for them and the game then they wouldn't have fired Paul Kelly.

they hired Fehr because they want to "WIN" the new CBA. After all they lost the last one so bad the average salary is ~$2Mil. the don't want the best deal, they want to win.

they hired the guy who would go nuclear, but they didn't look at what would happen if the NHL owners didn't just turn tail and run.
Totally agree... Post CBA all was right with the world as far as the owners and fans were concerned. The oilers could afford to spend to the cap... Every team could be competitive, and the players were made "partners" in the game.

Kelly knew this and was acting accordingly. Unfortunately bozos like Lindros who'd "lost" two cba's ina row couldn't get that thru their thick skull.

These guys were too dense to see that the last CBA was in their best interest, so they hired muscle instead of brains.

And look what you get.

Putting aside Bettman's ugly face and smarmy demeanor, I dont understand how any fan of a small market team, especially the oil, don't appreciate what Bettman has done for this league.

These players don't know how good theyve got it.

Old
11-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
The more I learn about Fehr, the more I want Bettman to crush him. What a chump.
Same here, I'm very pro bettman in this situation.

Old
11-10-2012, 12:11 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks_oil View Post
Totally agree... Post CBA all was right with the world as far as the owners and fans were concerned. The oilers could afford to spend to the cap... Every team could be competitive, and the players were made "partners" in the game.

Kelly knew this and was acting accordingly. Unfortunately bozos like Lindros who'd "lost" two cba's ina row couldn't get that thru their thick skull.

These guys were too dense to see that the last CBA was in their best interest, so they hired muscle instead of brains.

And look what you get.

Putting aside Bettman's ugly face and smarmy demeanor, I dont understand how any fan of a small market team, especially the oil, don't appreciate what Bettman has done for this league.

These players don't know how good theyve got it.
So true, if these meetings go sour I hope Gary totally destroys the NHLPA. Go back to the original offer of 43%, f the players. They'll start losing their marketing deals and everything else and come crawling back within a year or two. And we don't really need to worry of any other league starting up because the NHL has the leasing rights to most of the major NA markets.

Closed Thread