HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

vCash: 500
CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Continue the conversation here.

10-01-2012, 09:14 PM
eddyshack

(QUOTE from Speedy). Word out of Colt land is that Ian is hard at work look for a true number one goalie, with Jenkins on the trade block and Edwardson on his way back to the Jr B glens. The Glens good use some help in nets thats for sure!!
Has anyone heard what's gong on with the Dman Mark Hough from the Colts, rumor was in had some police trouble in Cwall??
Why hasn't any Jr A team pick up disgruntled former Colt Conner Primeau a two yr league vet, now playing JrB in Char-Lan ??
(End of Quote)

The rights of Connor Primeau are held by the Colts. He is not released. A trade would be possible if there was Jr. A team interested AND Connor wanted to play out of town. Do not be surprised if he returns to the Colts later in the year.

Rumour about Hough ? Rumuors usually are intended to hurt people and are untrue.

The Colts goal tending situation remains complicated and should be sorted out in the near future.

The Alex Glens certainly need goal tending. I do not see J. Edwardson playing there again.

J. Edwardson has not been "stellar" with limited action but he did OK playing against Gloucster, Cumberland and SMF.

I understand he is also on the St. John Sea Dogs protected list and discussions are on going, according to the SJ scout.

I believe J. Edwardson will be the Colts back-up for this season. The Colts are in re-build and it is unlikely to contend in a championship run. It is about player development and the future.

See recent Cornwall Standard Freeholder article:

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...-in-win-column

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-01-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old
10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
(QUOTE from Speedy). Word out of Colt land is that Ian is hard at work look for a true number one goalie, with Jenkins on the trade block and Edwardson on his way back to the Jr B glens. The Glens good use some help in nets thats for sure!!
Has anyone heard what's gong on with the Dman Mark Hough from the Colts, rumor was in had some police trouble in Cwall??
Why hasn't any Jr A team pick up disgruntled former Colt Conner Primeau a two yr league vet, now playing JrB in Char-Lan ??
(End of Quote)

The rights of Connor Primeau are held by the Colts. He is not released. A trade would be possible if there was team interested AND Connor wanted to play out of town. Do not be surprised if he returns to the Colts later in the year.

The goal tending situation is complicated and will be sorted out in the near future.

The Alex Glens certainly need goal tending. I do not see J. Edwardson playing their again. He did OK playing Gloucster, Cumberland and SMF.

He is also on the St. John Sea Dogs protected list and discussions are on going.

I don't think J. Edwardson is going to far.
I know Primeau has not been released, but he walked out of Colt land
Because of coach issues. Hard to believe he hasn't been traded for by another Jr A team, very hard to believe he would return to the Colts.
"Discussion are on going with the Seadogs "for this year,that would not effect the Colts decision to move him done to Jr B if they found there true number one , the third goalie in the mix with Jenkins and Edwardson ,has played well against the tougher teams. Can't see him not remaining with the Colts with the talent he has displayed so far, unless Jr A politics rear there ugly head!!!

Old
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
KL14

Primeau

I thought Primeau belonged to Kanata...but I am not sure.....I know Arnprior would love to have him back if he is willing to go back the JrB.

Sorry, I just reread the previous posts....I got the wrong Primeau....

Old
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I know Primeau has not been released, but he walked out of Colt land
Because of coach issues. Hard to believe he hasn't been traded for by another Jr A team, very hard to believe he would return to the Colts.
"Discussion are on going with the Seadogs "for this year,that would not effect the Colts decision to move him done to Jr B if they found there true number one , the third goalie in the mix with Jenkins and Edwardson ,has played well against the tougher teams. Can't see him not remaining with the Colts with the talent he has displayed so far, unless Jr A politics rear there ugly head!!!
There are no politics in Jr. A hockey. It is all business and the teams are privately owned and financed. And for $140,000 you can buy the Kanata Stallions. You will also need $100,000 per year to fund losses. Then you can install any player and goalie on your roster your little Speedy heart desires. No politics whatsoever.

From a pure business perspective, why wouldn't an owner develop a local player with potential ? In IM's world the back-up goalie plays 10 games behind. "Their true number one". A "rock star" will be difficult to find at this time of year.

Why would a team pay billet fees and other costs when you have a decent back-up in your roster.

That makes no business or hockey sense to do otherwise.

Last edited by Majik1987: 10-02-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: flaming
Old
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
I thought Primeau belonged to Kanata...but I am not sure.....I know Arnprior would love to have him back if he is willing to go back the JrB.

Sorry, I just reread the previous posts....I got the wrong Primeau....
Perhaps a different Primeau ?

"Connor" Primeau has been a protected Colt since minor midget with the Wild. Has been a Colt since he was 16 and is currently playing for Char Lan Rebels.

Great kid !

Coaching issues? Perhaps. Some say he was simply over coached. He obtained coaching from home and from IM. Perhaps he was overwhelmed and needed a break.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old
10-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Roofus

Quote:
Dear Speedy are you are somebody or are you just speculating ?

There are no politics in Jr. A hockey. It is all business and the teams are privately owned and financed. And for $140,000 you can buy the Kanata Stallions. You will also need $100,000 per year to fund losses. Then you can install any player and goalie on your roster your little Speedy heart desires. No politics whatsoever.

From a pure business perspective, why wouldn't an owner develop a local player with potential ? In IM's world the back-up goalie plays 10 games behind. "Their true number one". A "rock star" will be difficult to find at this time of year.

Why would a team pay billet fees and other costs when you have a decent back-up in your roster.

In your own words
I have no care or kid playing on any roster , but as you said players can be inserted onto a roster with the right situation (money) or parent backing the team , which equals (Jr A politics)
Not sure why you got so fired up about my comments. They were only opinions on what goalie I thought the colts would keep as a back up , once Ian found a true number one. Ian has a track record of finding great number one goalies over the years even at this time of the year when all the major Jr A teams are triming down to there final rosters. As for Conner Primeau if you read my earlier comments from a few weeks ago when he left the Colts over some in house issues as well as a few other players who could have returned to Colt land this year. You would have read what I said two weeks ago,Conner is a great player and a even better kid.
My little heart does not desire to put any kid on any team, but can you say the same since you brought it up Eddie. It's just what I heard and have read Ian is not happy with goalie situation. Has far as keeping local kids for business sense and billeting cost, not the norm with Colts and most other CJHl Teams. Best talent is the product that ends up on the ice. Local kids can AP from Jr B at no cost to the Jr A club, if they send imports down to Jr B it's a billet cost to the Jr A club. Now that's not a wise business decsion.
The question I have for you , is are you a somebody in the know or just a parent with thoughts on how things should be done in your opinion. Because you sure know a lot of detailed facts on certain players

Last edited by Majik1987: 10-02-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: flaming and qdp
Old
10-02-2012, 12:59 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
In your own words
I have no care or kid playing on any roster , but as you said players can be inserted onto a roster with the right situation (money) or parent backing the team , which equals (Jr A politics)
Not sure why you got so fired up about my comments. They were only opinions on what goalie I thought the colts would keep as a back up , once Ian found a true number one. Ian has a track record of finding great number one goalies over the years even at this time of the year when all the major Jr A teams are triming down to there final rosters. As for Conner Primeau if you read my earlier comments from a few weeks ago when he left the Colts over some in house issues as well as a few other players who could have returned to Colt land this year. You would have read what I said two weeks ago,Conner is a great player and a even better kid.
My little heart does not desire to put any kid on any team, but can you say the same since you brought it up Eddie. It's just what I heard and have read Ian is not happy with goalie situation. Has far as keeping local kids for business sense and billeting cost, not the norm with Colts and most other CJHl Teams. Best talent is the product that ends up on the ice. Local kids can AP from Jr B at no cost to the Jr A club, if they send imports down to Jr B it's a billet cost to the Jr A club. Now that's not a wise business decsion.
The question I have for you , is are you a somebody in the know or just a parent with thoughts on how things should be done in your opinion. Because you sure know a lot of detailed facts on certain players
Question #1 for Speedy....

You have 2 players that are very close with respect to skill, speed, desire and talent. But the USA import is marginally better. Perhaps he will score 2 more goals and 3 more assists in the season than the local kid. He will have no impact on the standings. Who do you pick ?

Question # 2-4

Why would you make a statement that the 3rd goalie is on his way to Alexandria ? Did you hear that from GM MacInnis or President Poirier of the Glens ? Why would you make a statement that has no basis in fact whatsoever ?

The back-up goalie is local and will win 5 of the 10 games for the Colts. The Montreal whiz kid will win 6 of 10. 1 game is not going to change the standings. Who do you pick ?

From a business perspective you have to consider costs (billeting) and other factors like education.

Perhaps the local kids will draw their familes and friends to the games. Perhaps a local business will sponsor the team or buy advertising because of the local content.

It is just business.

Last edited by Majik1987: 10-02-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: qe and response
Old
10-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Off the Boards

Quote:
Question # 2-4

Why would you make a statement that the 3rd goalie is on his way to Alexandria ? Did you hear that from GM MacInnis or President Poirier of the Glens ? Why would you make a statement that has no basis in fact whatsoever ?

The back-up goalie is local and will win 5 of the 10 games for the Colts. The Montreal whiz kid will win 6 of 10. 1 game is not going to change the standings. Who do you pick ?

I'm not in the know but just an observer, IMO they should keep Piccolino as the starter and Edwardson as the backup and cut Jenkins (never impressed me). Ian has brought in Justin Roethlingshoefer after a poor start in nets, so things arealways possible. Maybe a trade perhaps for Gunner Rivers??? or someone from another league.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:31 AM
BackBringCam

Eddy sure has all the knowledge of back-up/3rd string goalies in Cornwall. Seems somebody struck a nerve mentioning J. Edwardson going down to Jr B.

"I understand......." LOL

Old
10-02-2012, 08:09 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Eddy sure has all the knowledge of back-up/3rd string goalies in Cornwall. Seems somebody struck a nerve mentioning J. Edwardson going down to Jr B.

"I understand......." LOL
That is right, Cam knows. He is a somebody.

I believe at the begining of the season Cam predicted the Colts would finish 7-9. He is right. That being said, the difference between 1st and 7th place is 2 wins. It looks to be a very exciting year.

In life your "goal" should be going forward not backward. James has no need to return to the jungle. And it was a very good experience for a 16 year old goalie.

It is early in the season with only 140 minutes played, but some would argue that James is not 3rd on the depth chart.

See recent article in the local paper.

He has other options and I understand other CCHL teams have expressed an interest. But if I was a betting person, I would say he has a lock on the Colts back-up position and IMO has earned it on his own merits.

Anyone at last Friday's SMF vs Cornwall game ? He was solid.
51 games remaining.

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-02-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old
10-02-2012, 08:17 AM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
I'm not in the know but just an observer, IMO they should keep Piccolino as the starter and Edwardson as the backup and cut Jenkins (never impressed me). Ian has brought in Justin Roethlingshoefer after a poor start in nets, so things arealways possible. Maybe a trade perhaps for Gunner Rivers??? or someone from another league.
Finally, someone that makes sense.

The recent Colts goalie issue and drama is to decide the # 1 goalie. That battle is between Picilino and Jenkins. The problem being, Picilino came out hot and impressed a lot of people but has struggled recently. It is odd that the team struggled too.

The recent struggles conerns IM. In addtion, Matt Jenkins is a wonderful young man and I do not believe he has been given an opportunity to show how good he can be. It is a confidence issue. I also believe IM has never been confident with Jenkins. It is unfortunate.

The Colts GM may go to market and do some shopping or give the current stud from Montreal an opportunity.

Gunner is a very good 17 year old goalie on an average team. If the Colts GM went market he would seek a proven 19 year old to lead the charge.

Enough on the Colts goalie situation. As the Soup Nazi used to say...NEXT !!!

Last edited by eddyshack: 10-02-2012 at 01:34 PM.
Old
10-02-2012, 03:42 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Perhaps a different Primeau ?

"Connor" Primeau has been a protected Colt since minor midget with the Wild. Has been a Colt since he was 16 and is currently playing for Char Lan Rebels.

Great kid !

Coaching issues? Perhaps. Some say he was simply over coached. He obtained coaching from home and from IM. Perhaps he was overwhelmed and needed a break.
Jake Primeau- AP' with Kanata last year, played Jr.B in Pembroke or Arnprior can't remember, played Major Midget with ottawa Senators AAA and played minor midget out West. Big stong defensemen who was signed in the Q this year.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
toughguy73

goalies

I am liking Zawadski for best league goalie this year, with Kujava closely behind as well as Lane.
Thoughts?

Last edited by toughguy73: 11-12-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy73 View Post
I am liking Zawadski for best league goalie this year, with Jenkins closely behind as well as Lane.
Thoughts?
I believe Zawadkski is struggling, at this time. It is early and he is a good puck blocker.

I like Lane too.

Which Jenkins ?

Old
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
toughguy73

Quote:
I believe Zawadkski is struggling, at this time. It is early and he is a good puck blocker.

I like Lane too.

Which Jenkins ?
He is struggling, but he has talent.... it will come around. Colts Jenkins was who I meant. has made some great saves.
Hard to rate any of them- no one has been a consistent "great" goalie yet as we have always had.

Last edited by toughguy73: 11-12-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old
10-02-2012, 09:09 PM
toughguy73

Quote:

I like Lane too.

Which Jenkins ?
actually Braves Jenkins too... he looked great in pre-season,

Last edited by toughguy73: 11-12-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old
10-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
He is struggling, but he has talent.... it will come around. Braves Jenkins was who I meant. Good young goalie. Still has a lot to learn, but has made some great saves.
Hard to rate any of them- no one has been a consistent "great" goalie yet as we have always had.
Zawadski is a good goalie and even though he is struggling he still has a decent save%. I believe Lane is the best pure puck stopper out of the three you named as he can steal games.

I havent been impressed with jenkins as he lets out big rebounds and cannot play the puck at all, however he is young and has time to develop

Old
10-03-2012, 06:31 AM
BackBringCam

Great game in Kanata last night, an extremely physical game, lots of banging and minimal penalties, both teams played each other hard but reasonably clean, the most entertaining game I've seen this season.

Lane was stellar and the SF keeper was very good also

Old
10-03-2012, 06:47 AM
PG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Jake Primeau- AP' with Kanata last year, played Jr.B in Pembroke or Arnprior can't remember, played Major Midget with ottawa Senators AAA and played minor midget out West. Big stong defensemen who was signed in the Q this year.
On the Arnprior roster last year.....Currently signed with Moncton Wildcats

Old
10-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Luvhcky

Where can I find a lsit of the players that are suspended?

Old
10-03-2012, 02:34 PM
BadgerKnight

Suspensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvhcky View Post
Where can I find a lsit of the players that are suspended?
Good Luck on that question. Other leagues share the information with their fans via Pointstreak under transactions ( OJHL, MHL) but to my knowledge, the CCHL does not release suspension information to the public.

Old
10-03-2012, 02:45 PM
BadgerKnight

Lesway

"Speedster Brandon Lesway has joined the expansion Sherbrooke Phoenix after being caught in a numbers game with the Ontario League's Kitchener Rangers. He came to the Rangers last year as a free agent signing from the Kemptville 73ís of the Central Junior Hockey League."

http://www.therecord.com/sports/rang...ads-for-quebec

Old
10-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
I am liking Zawadski for best league goalie this year, with Jenkins closely behind as well as Lane.
Thoughts?
No where near enough of a sample size to say Jenkins (Braves) is top 3. Lots of goalies have started out hot and fell off.....and others have continued to do well....wait and see on Jenkins.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 10-03-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old
10-03-2012, 05:17 PM
BadgerKnight

Canadians Swap Morrissey For Butcher

Both Around the Rink & the CP Canadians website are reporting that Shayne Morrisey is headed out west and in return Alec Butcher is to come to CP.
http://hughdemand.com/wordpress/
http://cpcanadians.com/Home

Closed Thread