HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-28-2012, 11:25 PM
  #276
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Pretty entertaining game in Gloucester today---both goalies played very well. Very impressed with the Ming-Spink and I forget the third person line. Rangers would put their number one line against them and then be trapped in their own end for minutes on end---this happened numerous times. Ming then scored the tying goal late with a kinda lucky goal, but it stemmed from a very hard working shift, so well deserved.

Hope the two Colts that were injured during the game are ok. One looked like a possible shoulder seperation, the other got hit in side of head with a slapshot.

Very nice game winning goal by White,I don't think any goalie would stop that shot.

I normally won't comment on the referee's, as I understand they have a very hard job, but I thought they were horrible today, it seems to me they just guess alot of times at what they see, or think they see. I know we get a better view in the stands, but cmon stripes--call what you actually see happen, quit freaking guessing. An example of their guesswork, they don't even know who scored in overtime,give it to a guy on bench----just goes to show half the time they just guess and move on. That will end my zebra rant for now, but the more I watch games, it just seems to me the officiating is getting worse and worse.

And the Zion watch--played ok, he will certainly add more offenceto the Colts, not sure he will be a game changer, but he could prove me wrong. Good luck to all the players at the Canada East tryout.

EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #277
ORRT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Pretty entertaining game in Gloucester today---both goalies played very well. Very impressed with the Ming-Spink and I forget the third person line. Rangers would put their number one line against them and then be trapped in their own end for minutes on end---this happened numerous times. Ming then scored the tying goal late with a kinda lucky goal, but it stemmed from a very hard working shift, so well deserved.

Hope the two Colts that were injured during the game are ok. One looked like a possible shoulder seperation, the other got hit in side of head with a slapshot.

Very nice game winning goal by White,I don't think any goalie would stop that shot.

I normally won't comment on the referee's, as I understand they have a very hard job, but I thought they were horrible today, it seems to me they just guess alot of times at what they see, or think they see. I know we get a better view in the stands, but cmon stripes--call what you actually see happen, quit freaking guessing. An example of their guesswork, they don't even know who scored in overtime,give it to a guy on bench----just goes to show half the time they just guess and move on. That will end my zebra rant for now, but the more I watch games, it just seems to me the officiating is getting worse and worse.

And the Zion watch--played ok, he will certainly add more offenceto the Colts, not sure he will be a game changer, but he could prove me wrong. Good luck to all the players at the Canada East tryout.
Sliced earlobe and strained shouder.

ORRT is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 09:42 PM
  #278
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRT View Post
Sliced earlobe and strained shouder.
Good to hear---better scenario for both than what they initially looked like,or could have been. Thanks for the update.

EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:24 PM
  #279
CJHL FAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRT View Post
Sliced earlobe and strained shouder.
Just saw the picture on Trent Durocher facebook page. That is one heck of a sliced earlobe. Glad to hear he is doing fine.

CJHL FAN is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
  #280
oldnucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
whos the next team to make a move? top team getting even better or one of the bottom teams looking to change things

oldnucks is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
  #281
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
whos the next team to make a move? top team getting even better or one of the bottom teams looking to change things
there will probably start to be a lot of releases as we get closer to December

Rangersfan21 is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 02:01 PM
  #282
BadgerKnight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
J Nevins

Former London Knights forward Jack Nevins has caught on with the P.E.I. Rocket.
http://metronews.ca/voices/knights-o...th-pei-rocket/

BadgerKnight is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 04:25 PM
  #283
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Have heard rumours that both Harvey and Robinson may be returning from the OHL to play for Kanata.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 08:05 AM
  #284
toughguy73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Braves

What is going on in Brockville?


Last edited by toughguy73: 11-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.
toughguy73 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 09:44 AM
  #285
upinarms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/170547/

Team Canada East roster named. Seven CCHL players. Congrats to them. Can't believe there are no MHL or Quebec League players on team. You would think they would have at least one MHL player as the tournament is out there. Nepean will be hurting for awhile without Hedges and Norris.

upinarms is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 12:03 PM
  #286
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/170547/

Team Canada East roster named. Seven CCHL players. Congrats to them. Can't believe there are no MHL or Quebec League players on team. You would think they would have at least one MHL player as the tournament is out there. Nepean will be hurting for awhile without Hedges and Norris.
I am sure Nepean will play over 500 with them gone

This team always seems to have the majority of its players from the league that the coach is in...OJHL this year. It seems unlikely that there were no players from the other 3 leagues better than those in the OJ or CJ....

Rangersfan21 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  #287
MacM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/170547/

Team Canada East roster named. Seven CCHL players. Congrats to them. Can't believe there are no MHL or Quebec League players on team. You would think they would have at least one MHL player as the tournament is out there. Nepean will be hurting for awhile without Hedges and Norris.
Well, as the season continues without these players, the big winner here will be Smiths Falls. I thought Manancia would be a lock and though Akeson had a shot. SFB would have felt their absence. As it turns out, they lose nothing and both CPC and Nepean will be down a skater or two.

MacM is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 02:14 PM
  #288
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Well, as the season continues without these players, the big winner here will be Smiths Falls. I thought Manancia would be a lock and though Akeson had a shot. SFB would have felt their absence. As it turns out, they lose nothing and both CPC and Nepean will be down a skater or two.
And Pembroke is down 3 plus a coach.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
  #289
PG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Quote:
ROCKET SIGN LEFT WINGER FROM ONTARIO
CHARLOTTETOWN, PEI, October 31, 2012 - The PEI Rocket Quebec Major Junior Hockey League team has signed free-agent forward, Jack Nevins, a 19 year-old from Stittsville, ON. He started this season with the OHL’s London Knights but a hip injury kept him sidelined for the most part. He did play in two games before being released.

Nevins, 6’2” and 200 lbs, played in 59 games last hockey season in the OHL with the Kingston Frontenacs and Sarnia Sting. He had 5 goals and 6 assists to go with 13 fighting majors and 85 penalty minutes.

“ We are always looking to make our team better and when the opportunity arose to sign Jack, we jumped at it. We are looking forward to the presence and grit he adds to our line-up”, said Coach Gordie Dwyer,

Nevins had other options in the QMJHL as Quebec Remparts and Gatineau Olympiques also showed interest but he felt PEI was the best fit for him.
Link

PG is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 04:28 PM
  #290
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php.../ss_id/170547/

Team Canada East roster named. Seven CCHL players. Congrats to them. Can't believe there are no MHL or Quebec League players on team. You would think they would have at least one MHL player as the tournament is out there. Nepean will be hurting for awhile without Hedges and Norris.
Maybe they just weren't as good as those that were selected? The object of the exercise is to win, irrespective of where the tournament is held.

I highly doubt the coaching staff would compromise their ability to win, based on the players in the selection camp, to simply add some homegrown players. In fact, I suspect the coaching staff looked extra hard at the local players, but apparently still came away with the selections they did.

It amazes the number of conspiracy theories that arise in hockey....

Crottenham is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
  #291
Grabbers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Maybe they just weren't as good as those that were selected? The object of the exercise is to win, irrespective of where the tournament is held.

I highly doubt the coaching staff would compromise their ability to win, based on the players in the selection camp, to simply add some homegrown players. In fact, I suspect the coaching staff looked extra hard at the local players, but apparently still came away with the selections they did.

It amazes the number of conspiracy theories that arise in hockey....

Stop it please! My belly hurts.

I like that two deserving Nepean players are going to Yarmouth but lets be honest about this process: Six players from St. Mike's and three from Georgetown along with three from Pembroke = where is the coaching staff from? Easy to tell.

I mean seriously.... there weren't any players better in all Quebec or all the Maritimes (after I saw Woodstock play last year that league is at least on par with ours)?! That St. Mike's must be one heck of a squad - and here I thought Newmarket was one of the better clubs west of Brockville.

Why would anyone in Yarmouth even attend? They have a top prospect on their own team whom was overlooked. So sad.

Enough said....

Grabbers is offline  
Old
11-01-2012, 10:20 PM
  #292
Grabbers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Well, as the season continues without these players, the big winner here will be Smiths Falls. I thought Manancia would be a lock and though Akeson had a shot. SFB would have felt their absence. As it turns out, they lose nothing and both CPC and Nepean will be down a skater or two.
.........

"Season continues without"? They're only gone a week?

Nepean won 8-1 in their first game without their three invites. I see this as an opportunity for others. Only makes the Raiders better while their two players miss a few games.

I don't see SF as a winner - what does the disappointment of not making the team do to a player? They also may have cooled off in their absence and the injury to Buonincontri won't help the team or the returnees either.

The glass is half full in Raider land.

Go Raiders Go!

Grabbers is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 12:47 AM
  #293
Off the Boards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Cornwall 3 vs Nepean 1 Thursday November 1st/

First things first Dalen Hedges and Brent Norris are with the Canada East limiting a lot of offense from the Nepean offense (#1 in PP w/28.4 %)

Nepean did not have a very good game, no sense of urgency and their defense was not very good. Vincent Llorca was ok, a couple of decent hits but not much else. Andy DeBrincat started on the wing but was sent back to defense. He moved the puck well on their powerplay opportunities but to no avail. He was a victim of a questionable hit from behind by Ulrick. He was getting attention from the trainer on the bench. Kenneth Neil had a decent game. Wyatt Coghill had a good game and was the one Raider that stood out to me. Matt Zawadski played well and is a very challenging goalie to play against.

The Colts have Marly Quince with Team Canada East. Stephen Johnson (D) had a very good game rushing the puck and pinching in offensively. Pontarelli showed again some magic hands turning the Nepean defense inside out, he also scored a nice goal on Zawadski to make 3 - 1. Sean King had a good game 100% effort. Ming and Spink played well, these to 16 year old kids are showing that they belong. Piccolino played well nothing out of this world but was steady.

Cornwall is now 3 - 0 against Nepean this season.


Off the Boards is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 08:21 AM
  #294
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 229
vCash: 500
Kanata

I noticed Doug Harvey has been added to Kanatas roster...looks like he has been sent back from Mississauga? Can anyone confirm?

This is addition to Alex Robinson from Peterborough earlier this week..

dirk is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:07 AM
  #295
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Stop it please! My belly hurts.

I like that two deserving Nepean players are going to Yarmouth but lets be honest about this process: Six players from St. Mike's and three from Georgetown along with three from Pembroke = where is the coaching staff from? Easy to tell.

I mean seriously.... there weren't any players better in all Quebec or all the Maritimes (after I saw Woodstock play last year that league is at least on par with ours)?! That St. Mike's must be one heck of a squad - and here I thought Newmarket was one of the better clubs west of Brockville.

Why would anyone in Yarmouth even attend? They have a top prospect on their own team whom was overlooked. So sad.

Enough said....
Every coahc sees players differently and obviously familiarity breeds comfort. Tough for a kid without any viewings by head coach to impress in three practices and a couple of games.

Perhaps you should throw your hat into the ring next year and you can then load up on the players you advocate?

I guess ultimately this coaching staff will be proven right or wrong based on their results in the tournament? Hope your stomach is ok now, conspiracy theories tend to cause some people stomach upset.

P.S. St. Mikes is a very good team.

Crottenham is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
  #296
67sfan
Registered User
 
67sfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
Stop it please! My belly hurts.

I like that two deserving Nepean players are going to Yarmouth but lets be honest about this process: Six players from St. Mike's and three from Georgetown along with three from Pembroke = where is the coaching staff from? Easy to tell.

I mean seriously.... there weren't any players better in all Quebec or all the Maritimes (after I saw Woodstock play last year that league is at least on par with ours)?! That St. Mike's must be one heck of a squad - and here I thought Newmarket was one of the better clubs west of Brockville.

Why would anyone in Yarmouth even attend? They have a top prospect on their own team whom was overlooked. So sad.

Enough said....
Raw talent is not the only thing that is assessed at a training camp. Perhaps the team they picked was the one they seemed to think gelled the best. Perhaps that local superstar had a bad attitude and they didn't want them on the team.

Sure, the coaches will lean towards their own guys but that is because they are familiar with them. I can only speak for Pembroke as that's the team I watch....Crocock, Drouin, and Dalpe are great players and from what I've seen will represent Canada East well.

What I'm trying to say is until you know all the reasons players were selected....enough with the conspiracy theories

67sfan is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
  #297
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the Boards View Post
Cornwall 3 vs Nepean 1 Thursday November 1st/

First things first Dalen Hedges and Brent Norris are with the Canada East limiting a lot of offense from the Nepean offense (#1 in PP w/28.4 %)

Nepean did not have a very good game, no sense of urgency and their defense was not very good. Vincent Llorca was ok, a couple of decent hits but not much else. Andy DeBrincat started on the wing but was sent back to defense. He moved the puck well on their powerplay opportunities but to no avail. He was a victim of a questionable hit from behind by Ulrick. He was getting attention from the trainer on the bench. Kenneth Neil had a decent game. Wyatt Coghill had a good game and was the one Raider that stood out to me. Matt Zawadski played well and is a very challenging goalie to play against.

The Colts have Marly Quince with Team Canada East. Stephen Johnson (D) had a very good game rushing the puck and pinching in offensively. Pontarelli showed again some magic hands turning the Nepean defense inside out, he also scored a nice goal on Zawadski to make 3 - 1. Sean King had a good game 100% effort. Ming and Spink played well, these to 16 year old kids are showing that they belong. Piccolino played well nothing out of this world but was steady.

Cornwall is now 3 - 0 against Nepean this season.

PG seems to be having a hard time finding a place for Debrincat 5 on 5. He has been shuffling him from D to F over the past few games. He has had success on PP feeding the puck to Hedges, Norris at al.... but needs to figure out his role 5 on 5.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 09:52 AM
  #298
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67sfan View Post
Raw talent is not the only thing that is assessed at a training camp. Perhaps the team they picked was the one they seemed to think gelled the best. Perhaps that local superstar had a bad attitude and they didn't want them on the team.

Sure, the coaches will lean towards their own guys but that is because they are familiar with them. I can only speak for Pembroke as that's the team I watch....Crocock, Drouin, and Dalpe are great players and from what I've seen will represent Canada East well.

What I'm trying to say is until you know all the reasons players were selected....enough with the conspiracy theories
My bet is there were a lot of interchangeable players at the camp and in the end familiarity plays a role, it is just human nature to choose the known over the unknown.

I do find it strange though that they can not find a single player from the MHL, QJAAA or NOJHL capable of making the team.....if I was involved with these leagues I would find this difficult to accept.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 11:15 AM
  #299
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
PG seems to be having a hard time finding a place for Debrincat 5 on 5. He has been shuffling him from D to F over the past few games. He has had success on PP feeding the puck to Hedges, Norris at al.... but needs to figure out his role 5 on 5.
Nepean does'nt have 12 forwards healthy enough to play. Subtract Hedges,Norris, Yarwood & Herlihey from the roster, you have to play AP's or move some d up. Milito & Debrincat have been moved up. The problem started when the 3 american forwards decided to go home. Getting Nasca helped, but loseing Hedges & Norris right now will require some strange lineup cards from PG. When they come back, Debrincat will move back to PP QB, top 4 d pairing in 5on5.IMO.

CoasttoCoast is offline  
Old
11-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  #300
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post
Nepean does'nt have 12 forwards healthy enough to play. Subtract Hedges,Norris, Yarwood & Herlihey from the roster, you have to play AP's or move some d up. Milito & Debrincat have been moved up. The problem started when the 3 american forwards decided to go home. Getting Nasca helped, but loseing Hedges & Norris right now will require some strange lineup cards from PG. When they come back, Debrincat will move back to PP QB, top 4 d pairing in 5on5.IMO.
There were not 3 American forwards who wanted to go home. There was 1. : Sokol.

The problem PG has is he has too many players (especially on D) not playing enough, meanwhile having little to no depth up front.

The new guy he brought in, Sharples, just isn't very good and they rely too much on Diaz and Llorca who aren't a shut down pair.

gusfring is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.