HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2012, 07:17 AM
Grabbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralVet90 View Post
With the Dec. 1st cut down date and the trade deadline looming, my sources have been working tirelessly on reports. Although quite unorthodox, I have heard that if the Kanata Stallions do not assert themselves as a top 4 team before the deadline, the club is willing to loan the managerial skills and Central League knowledge of veteran GM Lou Nistico to a club who considers themselves to be a championship contender in exchange for a top 6 forward and PDF at the end of the season. Word is Lou would serve as an advisor to the team throughout their playoff run/ possible FPC and RBC cup runs. Has anything like this ever occurred???

Old
11-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Grabbers

Millen sick last night and not in the lineup - didn't matter. Ottawa wins 3-1 with an empty netter. Edwards brothers hooked up early but Champigny had two and Robillard had two points as well. Jr. Sens' showing their success is not about luck but good team defense and timely socring. Former CP player Deschamps gets an assist on the third period PP to give Ottawa the only lead they required.

Can anyone say parity?! Makes for interesting scores & outcomes every night. Fun!

Go Raiders Go!

Old
11-29-2012, 07:37 AM
specialteams

Quote:
While I appreciate what the team is trying to do here, and fully support the quest to end bullying and increase mental health awareness, does anyone else agree with me that the Gloucester Rangers should spend more time trying to win hockey games as opposed to making a parody video of Gagnam Style? If I were a team on the outside looking in of the Central league's playoff picture, I would like to think this time could have been better used going over systems, working on special teams, etc. This is, after all, the Central Junior A Hockey League. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYONrg9vxcM
I think it all depends how much time was invested? Yes, improving on the ice and getting wins is important but nobody can deny extracurricular projects away from hockey can prove to be critical in the teambuilding and overall morale which could lead to victories. If the focus is just on hockey, on the ice, video sessions it becomes a job. Anything you do especially in team sports has to be fun - even the big clubs coordinate team outings away from the rink so players can get to know each other. I'm thinking that the team got closer, definitely looked like it was fun, engaged with their minor hockey association and also brought attention to a serious problem in our society.

Yes, it's the Central Canada Hockey League and some very serious Junior A hockey but in the end theres' a bigger picture and as I said I don't think it can hurt their chemistry.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:57 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
While I appreciate what the team is trying to do here, and fully support the quest to end bullying and increase mental health awareness, does anyone else agree with me that the Gloucester Rangers should spend more time trying to win hockey games as opposed to making a parody video of Gagnam Style? If I were a team on the outside looking in of the Central league's playoff picture, I would like to think this time could have been better used going over systems, working on special teams, etc. This is, after all, the Central Junior A Hockey League. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYONrg9vxcM
Relax...Be Happy

Old
11-29-2012, 07:59 AM
ORRT

Quote:
Lighten up. All in fun and envolves minor hockey players.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
newfan

Alex Robinson - I havent had a chance to see him since returning from the Petes.....hows he doing?

Old
11-29-2012, 07:47 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Alex Robinson - I havent had a chance to see him since returning from the Petes.....hows he doing?
looks similar to he did the past year, i dont see a huge improvement. A bit more patient with the puck now perhaps.

Old
11-29-2012, 08:49 PM
oldnucks

were there any trades made last year at the roster cut down deadline Dec 1st?

Old
11-29-2012, 09:13 PM
Off the Boards

Cornwall defeats Kanata 8 - 4 at the Ed Lumley (Cornwall Civic Complex)

Ammirato - Zion (he had a very good game) - Hope line had a very good game for the Colts getting a combined 4 goals & 4 assist.

Cornwall went up 4 - 1 before Kanata stormed back with 2 unanswered goals to make it close ending the second period with a slim margin of 4 - 3. To start the 3rd period the Colts changed their goaltending and put Piccolino to replace Edwardson.

Cornwall then took control of the game and scored 4 more times.

The Kanata Stallions goalie Brandon Lane made some nice saves especially a glove snag to stop Ammirato from popping in a nice one, but had some difficult moments as well and got a roughing call for hitting Ammirato with his glove in the face.The player who impressed me for Kanata was Doug Harvey (love the name) he hit hard played tough and scored one for Kanata.

My unsunng hero for Cornwall was Brandon Howes.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:07 AM
BadgerKnight

Last Season's Dec 1 cutdown date

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
were there any trades made last year at the roster cut down deadline Dec 1st?
There were a number of trades & releases last season. For the specific details, go to the CCHL Pointstreak, change the season to 2011-12 then choose Transactions. On the vey lower right, choose View All. Between 11/25/11 & 12/05/11.

Hopefully, the following URL will take you directly to the list, otherwise please use the above directions.
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...5&numtrans=all

Old
11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
ZebraCritic

Saw that Ken Warren of the Citizen put out a message that Boiven of the Rangers was practicing withy the Quebec Remparts of the Q this week? Can anyone confirm this. On top of that he also stated that they were trading a 20 yr old to the Ottawa Jr. Sens as well. Can I assume this is Durocher?

Anyone else see this or know of its validity??

Old
11-30-2012, 11:13 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
Saw that Ken Warren of the Citizen put out a message that Boiven of the Rangers was practicing withy the Quebec Remparts of the Q this week? Can anyone confirm this. On top of that he also stated that they were trading a 20 yr old to the Ottawa Jr. Sens as well. Can I assume this is Durocher?

Anyone else see this or know of its validity??
OJS already has 7 20 year olds but you would figure players like Bada, or Inman would be expendable.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Rangersfan21

halfway point predictions

1-Nepean
2-SF
3-Ottawa
4-CP
5-PLK
6-Kanata
7-Cornwall
8-Hawksbury
9-Brockville
10-Gloucester-
Last- 73s and Grads

Scoring Leader- Hedges ( he still should catch them or be close)
Goalie-Zawadski
Most Improved- N. Martin/Llorca
PIM/Toughest-Doesnt seem to be a clear leader
Rookie- Summers
Dman- Watson

Old
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Ottawa Guy

Kemptville 73's ‏@Kemptville73s

The #73s have acquired Brandon Seatter(95) from the @CPCANADIANS in exchange for PDF, draft picks and future considerations @CCHLTier1 #CCHL

Old
11-30-2012, 02:37 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Kemptville 73's ‏@Kemptville73s

The #73s have acquired Brandon Seatter(95) from the @CPCANADIANS in exchange for PDF, draft picks and future considerations @CCHLTier1 #CCHL
Future considerations.. could this possibly have byron involved in going to cp at the deadline? with more being given at that point to 73's of course

Old
11-30-2012, 02:45 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
1-Nepean
2-SF
3-Ottawa
4-CP
5-PLK
6-Kanata
7-Cornwall
8-Hawksbury
9-Brockville
10-Gloucester-
Last- 73s and Grads

Scoring Leader- Hedges ( he still should catch them or be close)
Goalie-Zawadski
Most Improved- N. Martin/Llorca
PIM/Toughest-Doesnt seem to be a clear leader
Rookie- Summers
Dman- Watson
1-Nepean
2-Smith Falls
3-Pembroke
4-Ottawa
5-CP
6-Cornwall
7-Kanata
8-Hawksbury
9-Brockville
10-Gloucester
11-Grads
12-Kemptville

Scoring leader- sticking with Maniccia
Goalie- Guerriero, doing the best infront of a weak team and keeping them in games
Most improved- N.Martin, Harper
Toughest-No fights this year
Rookie-Summers
Dman- Weidauer

Old
11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
1-Nepean
2-Smith Falls
3-Pembroke
4-Ottawa
5-CP
6-Cornwall
7-Kanata
8-Hawksbury
9-Brockville
10-Gloucester
11-Grads
12-Kemptville

Scoring leader- sticking with Maniccia
Goalie- Guerriero, doing the best infront of a weak team and keeping them in games
Most improved- N.Martin, Harper
Toughest-No fights this year
Rookie-Summers
Dman- Weidauer
very similar picks...although i do not think harper has improved very much if any at all. He was just less known playing in cumberland last year and was stuck outside of the top pairing as lough was there

Old
11-30-2012, 09:53 PM
CJHL FAN

Kemptville loses another player.

Jesse Lussier has asked for a trade. Who will end up with him?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:03 AM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJHL FAN View Post
Wow, that is huge.
73's can have my house( I can sleep at work), my first born...and I will give the kid a car if he comes to the Raiders.

Lussier is a game changer, I think Nepean, Ottawa, Smith Falls maybe Cornwall would be the most desperate to sign him. Pem and CPC & SF strong on defense but may want to get him just to keep him away from the other guys. Nepean may have the money but may not have the right assets to make the trade. They could offer future considerations, ie give them assets once the season is over. I think but I don't know that Lussier lives or billets in Nepean, if that is true, it may give Nepean an inside track. I honestly would give up the moon for him if I was Nepean, he is exactly what they need (+ a healthy Norris).
Lussier...please.....please....please come to Nepean.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
CoasttoCoast

I didn't see the game tonight, but it amazes me how well Zawadski bounces back from a bad goal or a bad game. He has never played 2 bad games in a row, and he rarely gives up 2 weak goals in a game, extremely rare. His last start was the Walkley Road Massacre- tonight he gets a shut out in a game they needed a shut out to win. Nothing rattles this kid. He went head to head against Haffner & Dupuis last year in the playoffs and beat them. Tonight he goes head to head with Guerrio?? and beats him. If he is not the top goalie in the league , it is because people have super high expectations of him. I'm not his mother or billet.

Mid season picks
I personally think it will be Ottawa & Nepean down to the wire.
Nepean( with Lussier )
Ottawa
Smith Falls
Pembroke
CPC
Cornwall
Kanata
Hawksberry
Brockville
Cumberland
Gloucester
Kem

Old
12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
not the only player asking out of a non playoff team, or so ive heard

Old
12-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Ottawa Guy

Lussier is a good dman but not near the overall dominant player that "Kemptvilles" Hutton was last season, he will help any team that gets him though. This trade, along with Byron when it occurs, will be a good test of the new regime in Kemptville. Last year they definitely were more concerned with the $'s in a trade and now have no players left over from the Hutton/Pitt deals other than 20 year old House. If they had received 2 or 3 other quality players I think they may have had a much better record so far this season. Lets hope they get some young CCHL quality players back for the future otherwise their on-ice difficulties may continue.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:57 AM
specialteams

Quote:
Lussier is a good dman but not near the overall dominant player that "Kemptvilles" Hutton was last season, he will help any team that gets him though. This trade, along with Byron when it occurs, will be a good test of the new regime in Kemptville. Last year they definitely were more concerned with the $'s in a trade and now have no players left over from the Hutton/Pitt deals other than 20 year old House. If they had received 2 or 3 other quality players I think they may have had a much better record so far this season. Lets hope they get some young CCHL quality players back for the future otherwise their on-ice difficulties may continue.
Looks like an apparent re-build in Kemptville mid-season? I'm not sure why Lussier wasn't in the line-up last night he's still their best d-man and gives them the best chance to win games unless a trade is pending, even then play the kid until done. Assuming Byron is next and any 20 year old that's an asset (House...) to a play-off team.

Saw they brought in Seatter, good young player but they could use a goalie and a few D if you've seen them play?

This year love the parity - check the standings 6 points separate the top 3 in Robinson and 6 poinst separates top 4 - have one bad week and you can drop 3-4 places. I don't think anyone can predict a clear-cut favourite and will make an interesting final trade deadline as teams tinker with their line-ups to make a last push for a Bogart Cup and trip to Fred Page Cup out east.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:14 AM
workforce

Quote:
I have heard that Lussier, Byron and Gonu have all asked (or will ask) to be traded.

House and Novak are character kids but have little trade value

Imports have not seen enough ice to step up (Valenti who led their pre-season did nothing in season and has been moved) to fill the pending holes. Assistant Coach just quit.

Tugnutt should focus on hockey operations and not media spin.

Old
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
workforce

Quote:
That is laughable. I thought there is a dollar cap that can be involved in trades. If $5,000 was the max amount, then including or not including that amount would not have made a difference in the players coming back. Hutton had 20 odd games left and Kemptville got a Brind'Amour, Douming, Keesler, Warren, two 1st picks, 16-yr card and presumably max cash. I guess you assume PG was gonna give up Hedges for Hutton? Pitt also had just 20 odd games left for Van Strien, House, 1st pick, and again probably max cash.

And what about Rosebrook, Adams, Martin, Mulder? All players that Kemptville had on cards who they traded away for what? All of the new regime's deals have involved pdfs coming back from teams not willing to give up quality players... and with no fans or sponsors, adding revenues will continue to be a priority, unless Tugnutt is gonna write a BIG cheque at year end like other low attendance teams do.

The facts are the facts... the management traded away a top goal scorer in this league yet continue to allow the team to be coached by a coach who has about a .250 winning percentage over two and half seasons.

And if Tugnutt takes the coaching reins (which he should) how will they possibly recruit with his two kids on the roster?

Closed Thread