HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
hockieguy

vCash: 500
Lussier

Lussier is - 58. Good luck to the kid...... but that number is a very grave concern that any team should look at......

Old
12-01-2012, 11:38 AM
hurricane11

Heard from a source that Byron and Lussier could be moved together as soon as today.

Old
12-01-2012, 11:53 AM
PK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post
Lussier is - 58. Good luck to the kid...... but that number is a very grave concern that any team should look at......
Where do you get the +- stats not posted on pointstreak!

Old
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
hockieguy

Heard it from a pretty good source.... Byron's +/- is pretty bad too....

Old
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
PK19

Tweeted 4 hours ago:
Ian Henderson‏@Hawks_JrA_GM

Trade #1 @hawkesburyhawks send 94 D Ryan Patulli to @Kemptville73s for. 95 John MacLean and a PDF @CCHLTier1

Ian Henderson‏@Hawks_JrA_GM

Trade #2 @hawkesburyhawks send 95 D Pat Crampton to @SFBears for a PDF.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Heard it from a pretty good source.... Byron's +/- is pretty bad too....
No player on the 73's is gonna have a good +- when your average score a night is 6-1. I wouldnt think teams are even considering that to be an issue.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane11 View Post
Heard from a source that Byron and Lussier could be moved together as soon as today.
Any info on teams in the mix of that deal?

Old
12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
workforce

Quote:
Individual numbers can be spun many ways. In Lussier's defence, look at the team he was playing on: In the month of Nov the team had a .136 winning percentage, scored 2 goals a game and allowed +6 goals per game. The team has the second highest PIMs and the league's worst PK %. As their top D, he probably logged +30 mins a night. That just might explain Lussier's +/-

As for Byron, he had a three week vacation from the circus to play for Team Canada East. In his absence, Kemptville scored 6 goals and had 27 scored against, while posting a 1-7 record over that time.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:01 PM
workforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Any info on teams in the mix of that deal?
Byron and Lussier will go to Nepean... and no PDF will go back to Kempville

Gonu will be returned to Pembroke... again, no PDF to Kemville

And JC will win the same number of play-off games in 2013 as Kempville (just like he did in 2012)

Old
12-01-2012, 01:03 PM
upinarms

Quote:
Team is close to a minus 58, so I can't imagine any one player being that bad. Although him and Byron do play alot of minutes. That being said, on a new team with some goaltending I think Lussier would improve his numbers alot. I'm sure all top teams are inquiring about him. He will not hurt any team - and Byron will improve any team. But they should get alot for them or it will be Hutton and Pitt all over again. Unless once again owners are looking for cash!!!!!!!!!

Old
12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by workforce View Post
Byron and Lussier will go to Nepean... and no PDF will go back to Kempville

Gonu will be returned to Pembroke... again, no PDF to Kemville

And JC will win the same number of play-off games in 2013 as Kempville (just like he did in 2012)
you think they'll go to nepean? has it been a full year since Gonu was last traded from pembroke? and id have to disagree about cp not winning a playoff game

Old
12-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
you think they'll go to nepean? has it been a full year since Gonu was last traded from pembroke? and id have to disagree about cp not winning a playoff game
I think Byron and Lussier will end up in Cornwall CP or Nepean.
There is no chance that CP does not win a play off game this yr IMO
As for Lussier +/- anyone who has seen him play more than one or two games realizes that he is very bad in his own end and is often out of position or takes too much risk offensively hurting him defensively. His only defensive strength is his physical play which also takes him out of position at times.

I am wondering where Durocher will go as I think he is the best possible pick up if he can be motivated

Old
12-01-2012, 02:22 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
As for Lussier +/- anyone who has seen him play more than one or two games realizes that he is very bad in his own end and is often out of position or takes too much risk offensively hurting him defensively. His only defensive strength is his physical play which also takes him out of position at times.

I am wondering where Durocher will go as I think he is the best possible pick up if he can be motivated
I think cp or ottawa could use durocher, dont know if he'ed pan out with jc barking at him everyday though.

Interesting that bottom teams players are all asking out already, 73's and Grads back to the drawing board, get as much as you can for your players and hope for the best next year because its going to get worse before it gets better this season.

Old
12-01-2012, 02:25 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post

Hmm....wasn't it about this time last year I read on this Blog about how much Hutton struggles in his own end? Vancouver didn't think so.
Keep talking Lussier down.....keeps the market price down....maybe I won't have to sleep at my office

Old
12-01-2012, 02:52 PM
MacM

Quote:
Interesting that bottom teams players are all asking out already, 73's and Grads back to the drawing board, get as much as you can for your players and hope for the best next year because its going to get worse before it gets better this season.
same old, same old for the Grads., At some point, you have to change the coach GM. The decline is complete - he can't drive the team any lower.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:39 PM
CCHLinsider

SMITHS FALLS BEARS MAKE HUGE MOVE!!!

With Forwards Maniccia,Crete,McLaren,Carroll,Byron and injured Buonincontri it can be said that the Smiths Falls Bears have the BEST top 2 lines in the CCHL.

On D maybe not the best yet, but with newcomer Romoff with a 4pt ( 3 goal) night against Gloucester last night along with Akeson, Sexton and Lussier this can be a scary blue line.

Goalies are also BOTH playing at the top of their game. Martin and Howe.

Smiths Falls also added power forward Butler who can help in a energy and depth role.

Old
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHLinsider View Post

With Forwards Maniccia,Crete,McLaren,Carroll,Byron and injured Buonincontri it can be said that the Smiths Falls Bears have the BEST top 2 lines in the CCHL.

On D maybe not the best yet, but with newcomer Romoff with a 4pt ( 3 goal) night against Gloucester last night along with Akeson, Sexton and Lussier this can be a scary blue line.

Smiths Falls also added power forward Butler who can help in a energy and depth role.
Is this comfirmed?

Old
12-01-2012, 03:59 PM
HockeyFan67

I just checked the Bears site and yes it's true!

Old
12-01-2012, 04:02 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan67 View Post
I just checked the Bears site and yes it's true!
That is scary and they have room to bring in more 20 year olds too only having 4 now with butler coming in..

Old
12-01-2012, 04:05 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

Wow. I'm sure they paid maximum $$$ for these boys. SF owner is loaded.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:08 PM
HockeyFan67

The Bears will definitely be the team to beat this year.

Old
12-01-2012, 04:21 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:

Well that sucks!
The only thing that stands in their way is......Zawadski

Old
12-01-2012, 04:22 PM
oldnucks

The commisioner tweeted @ cp hawks kept and sf about big trades, any news on action with cp?

Old
12-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Ottawa Guy

From Bears Site

As the December 1 deadline date (midnight) approached the Smiths Falls Bears have made 3 trades in an effort to improve their team.

The Bears opened the day by trading Jesse Blais '95, Cole Allard '94, the rights to Dean Galasso '94 & PDF for Blaine Byron '95 & Jake Butler '92. Byron is a centreman who recently represented Team Canada East at the World Junior Challenge. Butler is a right winger who last year played on the CCHL champion Nepean Raiders.

Next the Bears acquired defensemen Patrrick Crampton '95 from the Hawkesbury Hawks in exchange for a PDF.

The Bears then dealt Crampton & PDF to Kemptville for defenseman Jesse Lussier '94 and the rights to winger Brandon Lesway. Lussier is a 6'3" 186 lbs. rearguard. Lesway is presently playing for Sherbrooke of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:02 PM
EpicNeilTime

Anyone know of any goalies who cleared waivers yesterday? Or a goalie with jr A experience? PM me.

Closed Thread