HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Murphy? The only Murphy to my knowledge is a Kanata prospect playing in Arnprior this season.
Agree with most of your summary, Lane certainly was solid but I disagree he "was the difference given the goal spread, though yeah, it would of been a closer score no doubt with out timely saves.
Have not seen much of Smiths Falls this year (second time). Is their goatending enough in the opinion of those that follow them regularly? What is their percieved weakness?
Scoresheet does not even show that Murphy played......

Old
12-19-2012, 09:46 AM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Scoresheet does not even show that Murphy played......
Typo on Murphy...meant Moffat

Old
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
what happened in kanata tonight?
The Bears are my team and what happened last night is the same thing that has been happening the last few games. They just don't play defense. SF does not have a stellar defensive unit. They have 2 defensemen that log a lot of ice time but are more concerned with points. Secondly, the forwards were simply awful last night. Absolutely no back checking. Some of the laziest hockey I have seen from the Bears this year. They might have gained some offensive power since "the trade" but they actually gave up at least one very good defensive forward. Since when did this team have a problem scoring. They never did and in my opinion they should have traded for better defense. Lussier was a start but not enough. IMO if they do not fix this, they will suffer come playoffs. Here's hoping for some defenseman in the Bears Christmas stocking.

Old
12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
BackBringCam

Funny enough, whoever did the write-up on the game (League Website) actually describes "Reid Murphy" (Arnprior Jr B player) as having a whale of a game! lol

I am sure the 16 year old kid is sitting in his classroom today thrilled with his performance last night in a game he was not even at!!

Agree, Moffat played strong lastnight

Old
12-19-2012, 03:37 PM
oldnucks

predictions for game tonight?

Old
12-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
predictions for game tonight?
3-2 in OT. not sure for who will depend on which goalie has a good night

Old
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Grabbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
3-2 in OT. not sure for who will depend on which goalie has a good night

4-2 Ottawa over the Raiders this evening. Hedges, Collins and Robillard all with two points each. Raiders got down by two and tried to fight back.

Injuries still a factor but no excuses - Ottawa is for real and are very solid througout the lineup.

Looking forward to the weekend - plenty of excellent games on tap!

Go Radiers Go!

Old
12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
CoasttoCoast

[QUOTE=Rangersfan21;56678755]3-2 in OT. not sure for who will depend on which goalie has a good night[/QUO

Nepean gave up 5 breakaways, in alone on goalie, Ott scored twice. Ottawa was the better team most of the night, but Nepean defense gave Ottawa most of their good scoring chances. Not sure why Milito is not playing? He's the perfect match up against Ottawa's small fast forwards. Millen looked average tonight, Neil took to many penalties. Nepean had a 5 on three, no goal. Mulder was good, but I personally think they need to play Zawadski more, he's been kind of average lately, I think you need to let him play his way out of it. If this team is going to win anything, Zawadski has to be at least as good as he was last year. Ottawa, defense was good again, Robillard and Wetzel impressed me.
Nepean is limping through the toughest 8 games of their schedule. 2 games vs. Smith Falls and CPC, one against Ottawa, only one on home ice, all without Norris & Hodgson. If they can come away with 2 pts on the neutral ice of the showcase, I think they will be happy to take a break and regroup.
Does anyone know what happens if Norris & Hodgson cannot play in the all star game.
Are alternates already picked, does Nepean get to replace them, does PG get to choose anyone he wants

Old
12-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Rangersfan21

[QUOTE=CoasttoCoast;56685793]
Quote:
3-2 in OT. not sure for who will depend on which goalie has a good night[/QUO

Nepean gave up 5 breakaways, in alone on goalie, Ott scored twice. Ottawa was the better team most of the night, but Nepean defense gave Ottawa most of their good scoring chances. Not sure why Milito is not playing? He's the perfect match up against Ottawa's small fast forwards. Millen looked average tonight, Neil took to many penalties. Nepean had a 5 on three, no goal. Mulder was good, but I personally think they need to play Zawadski more, he's been kind of average lately, I think you need to let him play his way out of it. If this team is going to win anything, Zawadski has to be at least as good as he was last year. Ottawa, defense was good again, Robillard and Wetzel impressed me.
Nepean is limping through the toughest 8 games of their schedule. 2 games vs. Smith Falls and CPC, one against Ottawa, only one on home ice, all without Norris & Hodgson. If they can come away with 2 pts on the neutral ice of the showcase, I think they will be happy to take a break and regroup.
Does anyone know what happens if Norris & Hodgson cannot play in the all star game.
Are alternates already picked, does Nepean get to replace them, does PG get to choose anyone he wants
Why would Milito be the perfect match? He is small but certainly not fast. Ottawa's forwards were much too fast for Nepeans D. Very impressed by Ottawa but still think they would lose a seven game series to a healthy nepean. Although Ottawa does have better D. Nepean has better forwards.

Old
12-20-2012, 04:50 AM
CoasttoCoast

[QUOTE=Rangersfan21;56686635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasttoCoast View Post

Why would Milito be the perfect match? He is small but certainly not fast. Ottawa's forwards were much too fast for Nepeans D. Very impressed by Ottawa but still think they would lose a seven game series to a healthy nepean. Although Ottawa does have better D. Nepean has better forwards.
IMO, your wrong there, about Micheal Milito. He is very fast for a defensemen. Milito likes to hit and the little guys can be difficult for the big d to hit without taking a head shot penality, not a problem for Milito. Not a doubt in my mind, that Milito would have helped last night

Old
12-20-2012, 09:07 AM
gusfring

[QUOTE=CoasttoCoast;56689257]
Quote:

IMO, your wrong there, about Micheal Milito. He is very fast for a defensemen. Milito likes to hit and the little guys can be difficult for the big d to hit without taking a head shot penality, not a problem for Milito. Not a doubt in my mind, that Milito would have helped last night
You're right. He would help, but he is also injured.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Ottawa Guy

[QUOTE=CoasttoCoast;56689257]
Quote:

It really tells you how short Nepean is on the back-end when people are taking about how they miss a 5/6 dman. He is a hard working player but hardly the difference between being successful or not. What Nepean really needs is 2 or 3 more top 4 dmen.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:36 AM
gusfring

[QUOTE=Ottawa Guy;56692143]
Quote:

It really tells you how short Nepean is on the back-end when people are taking about how they miss a 5/6 dman. He is a hard working player but hardly the difference between being successful or not. What Nepean really needs is 2 or 3 more top 4 dmen.
2 or 3 more top 4 d? They will be fine once all the injured guys are back.

I can tell you this, no one wants to play them in the playoffs with a full roster - even with their current D.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Ottawa Guy

[QUOTE=gusfring;56692233]
Quote:

I can tell you this, no one wants to play them in the playoffs with a full roster - even with their current D.
I agree they will be fine in league play if everyone back but if they want to make a run at Fred Page Cup they need more. Diaz is only real top 4 d with a chance to return but concussions have a tendancy to linger. With Diaz back they still need at least one more but probably 2, IMO Llorca is the only guy playing now that is a top 4 on a Fred Page Cup team.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
ZebraCritic

[QUOTE=gusfring;56692233]
Quote:

I'm not so sure that the Raiders have folks quaking in their skates this year! They have the distinct home ice advantage of the sportsplex and are a tough beat there, but away from home they are barely pedestrian at 10-9-0-1. Your back end is nothing like it was last year on either offence or defence and there is truly no one, like Hutton last year, to pick up at the deadline.

The Raiders are strong, but not last year strong. Zawadski, will need to channel his inner Jauques Plante to take them much past the 2nd round this year. IMO

Old
12-20-2012, 10:50 AM
gusfring

[QUOTE=ZebraCritic;56693603]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

I'm not so sure that the Raiders have folks quaking in their skates this year! They have the distinct home ice advantage of the sportsplex and are a tough beat there, but away from home they are barely pedestrian at 10-9-0-1. Your back end is nothing like it was last year on either offence or defence and there is truly no one, like Hutton last year, to pick up at the deadline.

The Raiders are strong, but not last year strong. Zawadski, will need to channel his inner Jauques Plante to take them much past the 2nd round this year. IMO
That's ok. You didn't think they would win last year, either right?

Old
12-20-2012, 10:51 AM
gusfring

[QUOTE=Ottawa Guy;56693475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

I agree they will be fine in league play if everyone back but if they want to make a run at Fred Page Cup they need more. Diaz is only real top 4 d with a chance to return but concussions have a tendancy to linger. With Diaz back they still need at least one more but probably 2, IMO Llorca is the only guy playing now that is a top 4 on a Fred Page Cup team.
Diaz isn't a top 4 d. That being said, Ottawa has a fairly strong D core, but there aren't many really strong ones in the league this year.

Last edited by gusfring: 12-20-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old
12-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Ottawa Guy

[QUOTE=gusfring;56694523]
Quote:

Diaz isn't a top 4 d. That being said, Ottawa has a fairly strong D core, but there many really strong ones in the league this year.
We all have our opinions but I see Diaz as being fine in the 3/4 slot.

Old
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Rangersfan21

Who does everyone see here as being a shutdown pair for nepean?

I can only see Llorca and even at that it would not be that strong of a shutdown pair. I would prefer Ottawa or cp shutdown pair over nepeans?

Old
12-20-2012, 12:35 PM
CoasttoCoast

Raiders D today, Milito is a # 3 guy.
Who would'nt take, Ottawa, CPC or Pembrokes defense over Nepean's today. I know I would.
The recent Poll I did, I had Nepean 3rd in league.
Hutton, johnston & weegar, man we should have one the FP Cup.
I don't think they need scoring from the defense, they just need D who can function in their own end against the better teams, make the right first pass.
God will deliver us what we need.

Old
12-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Raiders D today, Milito is a # 3 guy.
Who would'nt take, Ottawa, CPC or Pembrokes defense over Nepean's today. I know I would.
The recent Poll I did, I had Nepean 3rd in league.
Hutton, johnston & weegar, man we should have one the FP Cup.
I don't think they need scoring from the defense, they just need D who can function in their own end against the better teams, make the right first pass.
God will deliver us what we need.
You must be watching a different team play...I doubt there is another person here who sees Milito as a clear number 3...or 4. If Diaz is healthy there top 4 is llorca,diaz, yarwood and beauvais without question

Old
12-20-2012, 01:28 PM
gusfring

Wonder if the showcase will be affected by the weather tomorrow?

Old
12-20-2012, 03:21 PM
CoasttoCoast

Quote:
You must be watching a different team play...I doubt there is another person here who sees Milito as a clear number 3...or 4. If Diaz is healthy there top 4 is llorca,diaz, yarwood and beauvais without question
I'm sorry...I did'nt realize your opinion was greater then mine.
Diaz has not played much, so I did'nt consider him, I probably should have, but I'm not that I'am sold on Diaz either...... and if you thought Yarwood was anything but brutal against Ottawa, well then we have no hope on agreeing on who is a effective defensemen. Yarwood is blinding fast, wonderful stick handler, and a decent shot. I have never said anything neagative about a individual player in any of my 100? posts so I won't start now.
Nepean, defense if I was the coach
1. Lorica
2.BEAUVAIS
3.Milito
4. Scott
5.Tromblay
6. Sharples
Yarwood would be a forward.
Diaz, could be # 2 or #4, I saw potential to be the #2 guy at times, but he has issues, plus he has been injured a lot, he hasn't been getting the games he needs to be the # 2 guy.
Nepean can't wait on Diaz any longer, I would try and get Quinmet & Bayless from Gloucester, they should come cheap. The reality is, they would probably be #3 & #4 in Nepean. Nepean just needs them to play simple.

Last edited by CoasttoCoast: 12-20-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: wanted to rank the d
Old
12-20-2012, 03:38 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Diaz has not played much, so I did'nt consider him, I probably should have, but I'm not that I'am sold on Diaz either...... and if you thought Yarwood was anything but brutal against Ottawa, well then we have no hope on agreeing on who is a effective defensemen. Yarwood is blinding fast, wonderful stick handler, and a decent shot. I have never said anything neagative about a individual player in any of my 100? posts so I won't start now.
I'll make a guess and say myself and C2C have seen Nepean play more than anyone on this board (grabbers as well obviously).

I agree on Diaz.

Old
12-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Nepean, defense if I was the coach
1. Lorica
2.BEAUVAIS
3.Milito
4. Scott
5.Tromblay
6. Sharples
Yarwood would be a forward.
Diaz, could be # 2 or #4, I saw potential to be the #2 guy at times, but he has issues, plus he has been injured a lot, he hasn't been getting the games he needs to be the # 2 guy.
Nepean can't wait on Diaz any longer, I would try and get Quinmet & Bayless from Gloucester, they should come cheap. The reality is, they would probably be #3 & #4 in Nepean. Nepean just needs them to play simple.
I simply stated that the majority of people's opinions on the board may be different then yours, not that mine was better. I agree with your bottom 3. It is Ouimet and Baslyk. In regards to them I agree with where they might fit in

Closed Thread