HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2013, 09:39 AM
gusfring

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Since gus refuses to take the blinders off, here are some stats for average shots against:

CP 26.2
Ott 28
Brockville 29.1
Pembroke 30.1
SF 32.7
Cornwall 32.8
Glouc. 33.7
Nepean 34.1
Hawks 34.5
Cumb. 36.9
Kempt. 36.9
Kanata 37.6

While these numbers probably aren't the most accurate (as far as shot taking goes), it does show that the CP D are keeping the puck away from the goalies....compared to other teams.
Because we all know how accurate shot keeping stats are in this league. How about looking at results, especially when the teams play each other? Or simply goals against? Yes I know goaltending plays a significant role, but, IMO, their D is not as good as people think it is.

Sunday -

Nepean gives up 3 to Ottawa with their backup.
CP gives up 8 to Brockville with their starter.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
BackBringCam

Agreed, shot counts are by far the biggest joke in this league (Next to Schilling's officiating). There was an email circulating in Gloucester where Jennings gave direction to his off ice pers that "we don't get outshot at home".
Anybody remember the Kanata-Nepean FPC game where they listed the shots at something ridiculous like 75-58 when it was more in the 50-40 range? Good for the goalies SV % though I guess.

Old
01-07-2013, 09:47 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Because we all know how accurate shot keeping stats are in this league. How about looking at results, especially when the teams play each other? Or simply goals against? Yes I know goaltending plays a significant role, but, IMO, their D is not as good as people think it is.

Sunday -

Nepean gives up 3 to Ottawa with their backup.
CP gives up 8 to Brockville with their starter.
That's why I put the disclaimer in (don't you read?).

As for Sunday, I thought we were talking about the D? Thanks for confirming that it was a goalie issue.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:16 AM
gusfring

Quote:
That's why I put the disclaimer in (don't you read?).

As for Sunday, I thought we were talking about the D? Thanks for confirming that it was a goalie issue.
Sunday proved that Nepean's D, even with their backup showed up against a very good team.

Actually I can, thanks.

Your main argument is shots against and then you kill your argument by saying shot counts aren't accurate.

My point is - look at results. For two years I've been hearing about how great their D is, yet from what I see (and results) don't back that up.

You can dress it up as you wish...

Old
01-07-2013, 10:26 AM
oldnucks

I dont think cps D are unbeleivable but im sure pg would take summer, ghantous, and weidauer in a heartbeat

Old
01-07-2013, 10:31 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Sunday proved that Nepean's D, even with their backup showed up against a very good team.

Actually I can, thanks.

Your main argument is shots against and then you kill your argument by saying shot counts aren't accurate.

My point is - look at results. For two years I've been hearing about how great their D is, yet from what I see (and results) don't back that up.

You can dress it up as you wish...
Talk about dressing things up. Nepean's D allowed 36 shots to get through to the goalie. Is that showing up? Looks to me like Mulder had a good game in spite of the D.

For 2 years CP's goaltending has been suspect while Nepean's has been strong. Are you the only person here who doesn't see this?

Old
01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
I dont think cps D are unbeleivable but im sure pg would take summer, ghantous, and weidauer in a heartbeat
Agreed. They would take Smith as well.

Now if CP could just get a Zawadski!!!

Old
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Talk about dressing things up. Nepean's D allowed 36 shots to get through to the goalie. Is that showing up? Looks to me like Mulder had a good game in spite of the D.

For 2 years CP's goaltending has been suspect while Nepean's has been strong. Are you the only person here who doesn't see this?
No, but a dominant D would hide average goaltending at some point, no?

Mulder had a good game yesterday, but he isn't the reason they won.

Old
01-07-2013, 10:42 AM
gusfring

That being said, I don't think either CP or Nepean are going to win the league this year.

It will most likely be Ottawa and SF in the final.

I think Ottawa should try to add a forward before the deadline. SF I think are set if Byron and Mannicia are healthy.

Last edited by gusfring: 01-07-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old
01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
That being said, I don't think either CP or Nepean are going to win the league this year.

It will most likely be Ottawa and SF in the final.
This I can agree on.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
oldnucks

Quote:
Agreed. They would take Smith as well.

Now if CP could just get a Zawadski!!!
i dont know about smith, i think llorca yarwood and beauvais are better just my oppinion. way better skaters.

Old
01-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
i dont know about smith, i think llorca yarwood and beauvais are better just my oppinion. way better skaters.
I would take Summers and Weidauer over any Nepean D, I would take LLorca over the rest of the CP dmen. However there is not one other Nepean D I would take over the rest of CPs

Old
01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
BadgerKnight

Sens vs Raiders

An entertaining game between the Sens & Raiders. A see saw battle.

Defenceman Mike Milito left the game early following a hit (clean) but I suspect Milito's own stick hit him in the stomach area. Hopefully, it's not a serious injury. For the 6th dressed defenceman, the Raiders had Alexander Vazquez but he didn't look out of place. Cameron Yarwood's hip checks are going to make RW's leery from entering the zone on his side. It would be the 5th & 6th defencemen that I consider Raiders' fans might have concern.

With the recent additions, the Raiders have 4 lines that they can roll & Sunday's game was without Brent Norris, Wyatt Coghill, & Alex O'Dea playing. Brandon Belding dressed & did not look out of place. Richard Therrien might have been uncomfortable in his 1rst game but, IMO, he will be a good addition.

The Sens were without a couple of defencemen but I am not offering an excuse. Three shots off the posts but we know that is part of the goalie's equipment. It had to be anguishing for H. Racine to miss such a wide open net.

With the parity in this league, it not surprising to see such a close and well played game.

Old
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Ottawa Guy

I agree, lots of parity. Five games yesterday and the team that was lower in the standings won each game, that does not happen very often.

Old
01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
BadgerKnight

T Durocher

What is the status of Trent Durocher? Noted he was traded on the 4th, having played the night before against the Hawks. But, after the trade he did not play either the Friday or Sunday games with the Hawks.

Old
01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
What is the status of Trent Durocher? Noted he was traded on the 4th, having played the night before against the Hawks. But, after the trade he did not play either the Friday or Sunday games with the Hawks.
Maybe hes not reporting, correct me if im wrong but i believe he pulled this when he was traded to cumberland.

Old
01-08-2013, 07:35 AM
BadgerKnight

T Durocher

Quote:
Maybe hes not reporting, correct me if im wrong but i believe he pulled this when he was traded to cumberland.
The deal with Hawkesbury also has to be finalized before the deadline, which is where Durocher comes in.

“He hasn’t officially left yet, we still have his card, and he’s not officially part of Hawkesbury,” said MacInnis, adding that his status will have to be cleared up before the deadline.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ook-at-sanniti

Old
01-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
The deal with Hawkesbury also has to be finalized before the deadline, which is where Durocher comes in.

“He hasn’t officially left yet, we still have his card, and he’s not officially part of Hawkesbury,” said MacInnis, adding that his status will have to be cleared up before the deadline.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2...ook-at-sanniti
You have to wonder why any team would want to deal with the Cornwall, it seems like this type of situation comes up far too often.........

Old
01-08-2013, 12:05 PM
specialteams

Thursday trade deadline coming - who needs what, many don't want to disrupt current chemistry some need a little "push" to take them over the edge and into championship contention. Parity is king and really think any play-off team can take it based on an upset or two in the first round and of course a hot goalie. Will be interesting to see who does what before midnight this Thursday. Gloucester, Kemptville and Cumberland are selling but what do they have. Cumberland with Martin, Packard, maybe Clitsome - Kemptville House, maybe Nowak and Gloucester Baslyk, Rivers? Not sure who else is in play really?

Old
01-08-2013, 04:33 PM
oldnucks

predictions for ottawa vs cp tonight? both teams coming off losses.

Old
01-08-2013, 11:02 PM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
predictions for ottawa vs cp tonight? both teams coming off losses.
CP spanked Ottawa 6-2:
• Globke and Stewart were awesome…tearing up the ice
• Thought Racine had a really good game on the losing end
• Goalies - ONeill had very few shots and 2 on 15 is not great….
• Expected more out of Millen letting 6 goals in....

Cumberland defeats Pembroke 7-6 I shoot out:
• Grads not only beat the Kings…they put 7 in the net….
• Congrats to Grads goalie Turner with the win… Though was a hard night for both goalies....Wasn't Turner's or Smith’s best game
• WOW… What a big win and upset……this should get a lot of the Lumber Kings posters on here up in arms….or perhaps silent…
• Just goes to show how close this league is this year and the distribution of talent
• Congrats to Cumberland...A big win...though this may not be featured on the CJHL website or this forum….

Cornwall squeaked by Kanata 3-2 in Shoot out:
• As usual Pontarelli, Antonelli and Zion showed great skill and some amazing plays…but hit the wall with Stallions goalie, Lane
• Thought that J. Martin was strong. Belizario’s goal is 2nd against the Stallions this year and makes up 1 /4 of his goals
• Kanata’s star in the making; 16 yr old Connor Cobbold got the goal in the 3rd to tie the game. Curtis Watson was amazing. Lane was again very strong in net; keeping Stallions in the game and also shutting down Zion and Pontarelli

This league has many strong teams; even those that are striving to gain the 8th spot.
It is coming down to who really shows up to play each night….very interesting… congrats to all teams for a very entertaining season.

Last edited by WhadaIknow: 01-08-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old
01-09-2013, 06:21 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialteams View Post
Thursday trade deadline coming - who needs what, many don't want to disrupt current chemistry some need a little "push" to take them over the edge and into championship contention. Parity is king and really think any play-off team can take it based on an upset or two in the first round and of course a hot goalie. Will be interesting to see who does what before midnight this Thursday. Gloucester, Kemptville and Cumberland are selling but what do they have. Cumberland with Martin, Packard, maybe Clitsome - Kemptville House, maybe Nowak and Gloucester Baslyk, Rivers? Not sure who else is in play really?
IMO House is the 20 year old from the bottom teams that would help almost any team. A point a game player with good skills and speed that is effective on both PP and PK. I like Martin also but he has cooled off lately.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 01-09-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
HockeyFan67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
You have to wonder why any team would want to deal with the Cornwall, it seems like this type of situation comes up far too often.........
One would also have to wonder why any parent would want their son playing for Coach Anderson?

Old
01-10-2013, 09:11 AM
Macker9

Deadline day today. Who do you guys think will be moved?

Old
01-10-2013, 09:38 AM
upinarms

I think teams will have to bring in players from other leagues. When you think of who might be available in this league you wonder who they would help. House (Kempt) Bussey, Varrin (Hawk) Martin (Cumb) don't think anyone in Glouc would be available. Do you suppose two teams in contention will make a trade to better certain holes on their team? With standings as close as they are I suspect all teams afraid to make any changes. The teams that can bring in from outside league are the teams that will improve.

Closed Thread