HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2013, 02:55 PM
oldnucks

vCash: 500
Finally Cumberland excepts their fate and it looks like they are taking steps in the right direction adding another solid 95' to the team in Hennigar. How many do they have now, and I believe alot of these kids all played together growing up. 9 95's and 6 94's. Very young club hopefully they can keep them together.

Old
01-11-2013, 05:08 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Finally Cumberland excepts their fate and it looks like they are taking steps in the right direction adding another solid 95' to the team in Hennigar. How many do they have now, and I believe alot of these kids all played together growing up. 9 95's and 6 94's. Very young club hopefully they can keep them together.
the Grads have accepted their fate each year for the past 4 or 5. perpetual rebuilding. reminds me of the leafs. maybe the next step for the grads shoud do what the leafs did with Burke.

Old
01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
WhadaIknow

Watching 2 games tonight on Fast hockey..
Brockville vs Kanata...the Brockville announcer(s) has to shut off their mic during timeouts and -n between periods....especially when refs were conferring re: Braves first questionable goal....Pretty bad when the home team announcers (not realizing they still have audio output to everyone..questioning and laughing about the refs final say if it was really a goal or crossbar").....sad when the home team announcers question and joke about the call.
Pikul good for first 5 mins...not much action after on Braves end... Lane has been amazing against the Braves and their very strong Blaskco line that now has House.... Wow... What happened to the Stallions D in the second....

Last edited by WhadaIknow: 01-11-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 08:26 PM
WhadaIknow

Also watching CP vs SF...
What is happening with SF???...all the arm-chair critics here are wondering what is happening to the Bears...

Old
01-11-2013, 08:30 PM
WhadaIknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadaIknow View Post
Watching 2 games tonight on Fast hockey..
Brockville vs Kanata...the Brockville announcer(s) has to shut off their mic during timeouts and -n between periods....especially when refs were conferring re: Braves first questionable goal....Pretty bad when the home team announcers (not realizing they still have audio output to everyone..questioning and laughing about the refs final say it was a goal.....sad..
Pikul good for first 5 mins...not much action after on Braves end... Lane amazing against the Braves and their very strong Blasco line that now has House.... Wow... What happened to the Stallions D in the second....
Brockville dominating 3rd period!!! Too much for Kanata D or forwards.....maybe Kanata needs a time out to regroup?.....Brockville looks amazing..house a great addition.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:23 PM
WhadaIknow

Congrats to Carleton Place - 4-1 over Smith Fall Beats
Frere should have been 1st star - great game! Globke was very good..great...but 2md star IMO

Old
01-11-2013, 10:54 PM
gusfring

Is T.Gaudet permanently a part of SSM Greyhounds now? What is the story there?

Old
01-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadaIknow View Post
Also watching CP vs SF...
What is happening with SF???...all the arm-chair critics here are wondering what is happening to the Bears...
At risk of sounding like a broken record...DEFENCE!!!! Oh ya...and some pretty lousy backchecking from some forwards!!!

Old
01-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
At risk of sounding like a broken record...DEFENCE!!!! Oh ya...and some pretty lousy backchecking from some forwards!!!
Since trade with Kemptville SF is 5-7 & a 4 game losing streak, injuries/illness have been a n issue but it looks like chemistry probably is also.

Interesting enough Kemptville is 5-6 with a 4 game winning streak

Old
01-12-2013, 08:07 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Speaking of defence, it's hard to believe that the "overrated" CP D were able to hold SF to only 17 shots. And Ottawa only got 15 shots a few nights before. Who would have thunk it?

Two huge wins this week to get within 4 points of SF.

Last edited by ottawafan66: 01-12-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old
01-12-2013, 10:23 AM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Speaking of defence, it's hard to believe that the "overrated" CP D were able to hold SF to only 17 shots. And Ottawa only got 15 shots a few nights before. Who would have thunk it?

Two huge wins this week to get within 4 points of SF.
I've sat back and laughed at all the comments about CP's defence on here this season. When you look at all the pieces it's hard to argue they are the best unit in the league. There always seems to be an over abundance of conversation about Nepeans stellar D Corp ( they are ok but not near as strong as ours). The Canadians issues have never lied with their D, but their goalies and it seems that with O'Neill they have finally found a steady netminder to rally behind!!

Summers has been outstanding, while the addition of Idawu has steadied them even further. Who I am impressed with the most this year is Devon Campbell. He has been one of the best D on the team for the past 2 months but due to him not being a flashy offensive (which I think he could add to his game a wee bit more) he rarely gets alot of love.

Add in the fact that IMO Weidauer is having a tough year, if he catches fire, watch out!

Go Canadians GO!!

Old
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
CanadiansGuy60

I really like the fact that Clarke didn't make any moves at the deadline. As the teams twitter account stated the day after the deadline....Sometimes the best move is no move at all!

I like the makeup of this team. All 4 lines can score, their bottom 2 lines are great defencively and with their Defence corp and steady goaltending I think this will be the year My Canadians break out of the 1st round.

Great week shaping up for the team, I like the fact they gave Laforest the start and that he looked sharp, although not overly busy. Good on Clarke to keep him engaged in the game!

Go Canadians GO!!

Old
01-12-2013, 10:37 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
I really like the fact that Clarke didn't make any moves at the deadline. As the teams twitter account stated the day after the deadline....Sometimes the best move is no move at all!

I like the makeup of this team. All 4 lines can score, their bottom 2 lines are great defencively and with their Defence corp and steady goaltending I think this will be the year My Canadians break out of the 1st round.

Great week shaping up for the team, I like the fact they gave Laforest the start and that he looked sharp, although not overly busy. Good on Clarke to keep him engaged in the game!

Go Canadians GO!!
Actually Laforest did not play last night. Seeing as how Clarke didn't play him against Ottawa (after O'Neill let it 8 the game before), I would have been shocked to see him get the start in SF. I would expect Clarke to let him play next week against Kemptville. He's still not a big fan of letting the youngsters play...unless your name is Summers.

Old
01-12-2013, 11:11 AM
overtheboards

P. Martin was bad for smithsfalls last night , he got help from the refs with quick whistles when the puck was laying right behind him and CP players about to knock the puck in . The new player from thunder bay is not good , 4th line player @ best .

Old
01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
hockieguy

Smith Falls

With regards to Smith Falls vs Kemptville.....

Take a problem from the 73s and ship it to SF....... you get the result that is shown....

Old
01-12-2013, 11:51 AM
hockieguy

FYI- Kemptville is using pretty much their whole line up and they are winning..... Instead of two lines. That should have been done in October and the results of this year may have been much different....

Old
01-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
Since trade with Kemptville SF is 5-7 & a 4 game losing streak, injuries/illness have been a n issue but it looks like chemistry probably is also.

Interesting enough Kemptville is 5-6 with a 4 game winning streak
Are you suggesting the Byron for Blais trade was a bad one?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Tarzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post

Take a problem from the 73s and ship it to SF....... you get the result that is shown....
Are you suggesting that Byron, Butler or Lussier was a problem in KV

Old
01-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockieguy View Post

In terms of how each team has done with respect to how each of them were doing before you can definetely argue the 73s won the trades with SF. Out of the 3 games I have seen post trade the bears have looked a lot better on the PP with the addition of Byron in terms of puck movement but there D does not seem any better then before. Possibly worse at times in terms of turnovers.

Old
01-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Are you suggesting the Byron for Blais trade was a bad one?
Actually Blais and Allard plus potentially Galasso in future giving more depth up front. Plus adding Smith from ohl. I also like the additions of Seatter and Romeolitis for Gonu and Varrin

Then Lussier for Crampton, then McLean for Pattuli gave more depth on backend, plus emergence of Hendsbee has helped

73s added all CCHL experienced players plus the House trade had a futures component which is probably another CCHL experienced player. They look as if they did a good job of setting themselves up for the future.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 01-12-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old
01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Byron, Butler or Lussier was a problem in KV
They may not have been a 'problem' but they were not difference makers as we can see.

Old
01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
CanadiansGuy60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Actually Laforest did not play last night. Seeing as how Clarke didn't play him against Ottawa (after O'Neill let it 8 the game before), I would have been shocked to see him get the start in SF. I would expect Clarke to let him play next week against Kemptville. He's still not a big fan of letting the youngsters play...unless your name is Summers.
Whoops. I was following the game on pointsreak last night and I thought I saw Laforest's name. Now that I check again, you are indeed right and O'neill was in. I thought it was odd that he would start against SF's, but you never know. I agree he will likely get the start against a Kemptville or Gloucester.

Summers has earned the right to play top 4 if not top 2 minutes this year, and I somewhat disagree with your Clarke doesn"t let young kids play. Ask Stewart how he likes his ice time lately now that he seems to be playing Clarke type hockey. The young man is getting his ice and is responding nicely with 2 very good home games. IMO Clarke wants his players young or old to play within a system and if you do and play at 100% you seem to get played.

I haven't seen Kasteel in a few home games after some lack luster efforts the previous few!! He's 20 and seems to have gotten in the dog house! Play hard, play smart and you get PLAYED.... Simple!

Old
01-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiansGuy60 View Post
I've sat back and laughed at all the comments about CP's defence on here this season. When you look at all the pieces it's hard to argue they are the best unit in the league. There always seems to be an over abundance of conversation about Nepeans stellar D Corp ( they are ok but not near as strong as ours). The Canadians issues have never lied with their D, but their goalies and it seems that with O'Neill they have finally found a steady netminder to rally behind!!

Summers has been outstanding, while the addition of Idawu has steadied them even further. Who I am impressed with the most this year is Devon Campbell. He has been one of the best D on the team for the past 2 months but due to him not being a flashy offensive (which I think he could add to his game a wee bit more) he rarely gets alot of love.

Add in the fact that IMO Weidauer is having a tough year, if he catches fire, watch out!

Go Canadians GO!!
I agree with you in terms of ranking a teams Defense. I think the Canadians is easily the best.

My rankings of a teams Defence:
CP
Ott
Nep/SF
Kanata
Pembroke
Hawksbury
Brockville/Cornwall
Kemptville
Glo
Grads

Old
01-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Bockwinkel

Not much talk of resurgent Braves on the boards. Not many regulation losses lately. Hawkins recruiting is paying off.

Old
01-13-2013, 09:22 AM
hardfacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
Not much talk of resurgent Braves on the boards. Not many regulation losses lately. Hawkins recruiting is paying off.

that is a puzzling statement....his best players are healthy...and he did not recruite those guys....todd gill did two years ago...

Closed Thread