HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cherry Critical of Leafs treatment of Kadri. Angry about Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Who would you take from Washington for Naz? what would be fair?
Evgeny Kuznetsov

LOL

It would be very tough to trade Kadri right now.

I have no idea why he'd even be available unless Burke doesn't like him and do we have any reason to believe that?

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
rdawg1234

Zero reason to trade Kadri right now.

He has to actually play a season, I want him to actually have a breakout year before trading him now when his value is lowish.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post

He has to actually play a season, I want him to actually have a breakout year before trading him now when his value is lowish.
then you have to convince the leafs, burke who does not like him at all.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Beleafer4

Tbh I only think dallas made the issue public because kadri wasnt responding well to the usual "internal" methods. You could tell from his body reaction from when he was asked about kadri that there had been tension between the two.

Furthermore, **** disturbers on the ice usually have some annoying personality traits off the ice, so i wouldnt be surprised if guys like ross and kadri also have this. That being said, however, I wouldnt trade kadri right now. He is a legitimate prospect and could be extremely valuable if he succeeds in the nhl ( and i think he will). The prospect that you would pick from the late first that we would recieve for kadri would probably have a lower shot of making the nhl than kadri does anyway.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Jerkini

In all honesty, I think Kadri's attitude does stink. If he didn't have the hockey thing, he'd probably be flunking out of a business program at a community college because he has nothing else going for him. Just doesn't seem that bright.

Last edited by Jerkini: 10-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old
10-03-2012, 08:27 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Can't wait for the next breaking news stories.

"Kadri makes fatal error, chooses regular salad dressing instead of low-fat to go with salad"

"Kadri lacking progress, asks for regular mayonnaise instead of lite on his sub sandwich"

Old
10-03-2012, 08:44 PM
jughead42

Which players did Don Cherry develop? He must have an impressive list based on all the hot air he's spewing about Kadri's development. In 4 seasons with the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL his club picked first overall every year and got a whopping 25 wins over 4 seasons! They were a joke with him in charge, and his record of developing players was worse than the Leafs. He should shut his yap and leave hockey to the people who do it for a living, not as a hobby like he did. His hotshot prospect was Jason Spezza, and he demanded a trade from Don's club. The rest of his selections were puke, and he never turned out any good players despite his high picks.

Last edited by jughead42: 10-03-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old
10-03-2012, 09:04 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawg1234 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
Ya lets wait until he breaks out and then trade him.

Burke doesn't like him, like he didn't know who he was before he drafted him 7th overall with his 1st pick as a Leafs GM. Give me a break.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:18 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashs View Post
I hate how we treat Kadri here, I think he should play poorly deliberately and get traded. He does not deserve the flak he's getting. Is it because he's a muslim? probably.
Doubtful.

It's not like this is Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
He seems to be referring to the fan base and I think that he has a point and believed that ever since there was a huge group hissy fit after Kadri was drafted.
How can there be racism in a city where over 50% of the citizens are 2nd generation immigrants or newer?

Sorry but I live in the land of rainbows and cotton candy clouds and can't believe for second that we all just can't get along.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:19 PM
TmlHockeyFan

I am 90% confident that Kadri will be in the top-6 for the NHL once the lockout is over. With Ron Wilson gone, I'm sure Randy Carlyle would want Kadri up. He'll probably request Burke. I'm sure Wilson was the one that told Burke to drop him back to the marlies.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:23 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Which players did Don Cherry develop? He must have an impressive list based on all the hot air he's spewing about Kadri's development. In 4 seasons with the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL his club picked first overall every year and got a whopping 25 wins over 4 seasons! They were a joke with him in charge, and his record of developing players was worse than the Leafs. He should shut his yap and leave hockey to the people who do it for a living, not as a hobby like he did. His hotshot prospect was Jason Spezza, and he demanded a trade from Don's club. The rest of his selections were puke, and he never turned out any good players despite his high picks.

Like Burke has done great for player development. Get a life. Burke has been a disaster since he has arrived.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I am 90% confident that Kadri will be in the top-6 for the NHL once the lockout is over. With Ron Wilson gone, I'm sure Randy Carlyle would want Kadri up. He'll probably request Burke. I'm sure Wilson was the one that told Burke to drop him back to the marlies.

According to kadri, carlyle didnt want him to be sent down, but he had no choice because of that stupid rule. I am confident kadri will prove the haters wrong. He is in the best shape of his life. Nothing wrong with his body at all

Old
10-03-2012, 09:43 PM
DionPhaneuf3

I don't really agree with him to be honest. Kulemin had an off year, but it's not like he played horrible. He had way too many unlucky bounces. Countless shots coming off the post, or going JUST wide. Obviously 7 goals isn't what people expected and it was a disappointment, but he's a big physical, 30goal scorer. But i do have to agree that 5million dollars after an off-season is pretty ridiculous.

And another thing, this is the NHL/AHL. not Pre-school, guys should be able to handle criticism. Especially if they can't even make the small effort of eating right and staying in shape. He's supposed to be our top prospect, and he can't even put the effort in to stay in shape? Going to the papers may not have been the best option but if anyone is slacking like that, they need to be told to make a change

Old
10-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlhockeyfan View Post
I don't think Burke needs convincing. If Carlyle wants him, Carlyle will get him. Burke has said that he doesn't decide who makes the team. And realistically speaking, the coach needs to have players that he believes has the skill and grit to execute his plans, so the coach should have the ability to decide who those players are from his pool of eligible players.

I know people think Burke is trying to sabotage Kadri but if you're to believe that Burke is as stubborn and egotistical as many on here claim, how does it make sense that he would sabotage his own prospect which in turn sabotages his own reputation?

Old
10-03-2012, 09:51 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

new information proposal Washington - Toronto:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1266897

some interesting perspectives on Kadri, his development, and what might happen to Kadri in the near future.

Old
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Kamal007
God Level

vCash: 50

Old
10-03-2012, 10:11 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post

is this from today?
I already knew frattin and kadri are real good friends off the ice. Looks like gardiner has joined the club. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ULF_55: 10-04-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Enough with the haters garbage.
Old
10-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
lol... first he drafted him

and still he hasn't traded him yet, what possible motive would you have to say he doesn't like Kadri

it's funny and stupid why a Leaf fan would dislike one of their top prospects
so you want more Leaf prospects to be a bust?

you're not a true Leaf fan at all

Old
10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
It's probably unacceptable for Kadri because he is considered the best forward prospect in the Leafs organization. He is the guy that we look at in our system and think, that should be our prize forward in the future. As a forward who will need to rely on endurance, speed and skill, having a higher ratio of muscle to fat is hypothetically better. Saying that it was unacceptable doesn't necessarily mean that he's implying that Kadri's fat nor does it mean that his results were horrible, it's more likely that he expects more out of Kadri and his testing was disappointing considering where he ranked against the rest of his team mates.

Eakins said that testing wasn't done and he also said that Kadri was average on the ice. If he were really implying that Kadri was fat and out of shape, you wouldn't use the term 'average' to describe his performance.
No, he was average compared to the fastest skaters on the Marlies(D'amigo and Deschamps).

Old
10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
he is fat. his body fat percentage is at an unacceptable level, according to his coach.
Let's say Kadri has 10-11%BF, that's still way better than your average North American and still sits at what the average Athlete is, so please tell us how that is fat?

Old
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
new information proposal Washington - Toronto:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1266897

some interesting perspectives on Kadri, his development, and what might happen to Kadri in the near future.
I don't put much stock into what Kypreos has to say about the Leafs and all this speculation with Kadri.

I bet he's just like everyone else and trying to make a story out of nothing before this topic runs cold.

Old
10-03-2012, 10:38 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Kadri looks like he's filled out more. Doesn't look fat at all but looks like he really gained a lot of core which is usually around the stomach. As long as he continues to work he looks fine.

10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Gatorade*

The coach says his fitness is unacceptable in the AHL. Whatever. Who cares about the AHL. Loser league.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Bottom line: He's a very skilled player, but he still has a lot of growing up to do. Instead of worrying about when he's going to grow into his body, I think a better question might be: when will he grow into his grey matter? I think there are maturity issues here. He knew what to expect when it was made clear on Eakins' twitter feed Sept 21, if not sooner. He was given a challenge, and it doesn't look like he produced the results the coach expected. That he trained with Roberts before coming to camp makes it even more of a powder keg.

Kadri needs to grow up. He's 21, not 17.

Old
10-03-2012, 11:19 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
Bottom line: He's a very skilled player, but he still has a lot of growing up to do. Instead of worrying about when he's going to grow into his body, I think a better question might be: when will he grow into his grey matter? I think there are maturity issues here. He knew what to expect when it was made clear on Eakins' twitter feed Sept 21, if not sooner. He was given a challenge, and it doesn't look like he produced the results the coach expected. That he trained with Roberts before coming to camp makes it even more of a powder keg.

Kadri needs to grow up. He's 21, not 17.
LOL...wow Eakins twits on Sept 21 about the tests.....

Dallas acted like a spoiled brat.....and Attacked Kadri....it real is that simply. He lacked information about his overall fitness and yet he attacked him.

Closed Thread