HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cherry Critical of Leafs treatment of Kadri. Angry about Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Liminality

vCash: 500
Isn't that tsn article about Cherry being unhappy already a thread? Oh it is? I'll meet you there...

Old
10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

How about no.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
Isn't that tsn article about Cherry being unhappy already a thread? Oh it is? I'll meet you there...
Report function so we can have a heads up. Cheers mate

10-02-2012, 06:27 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
He never said his body fat level was unacceptable, he said Kadri's body fat was in the bottom 3-5 in camp and that that was unacceptable. There's a difference.

He said Kadri's diet needs to "improve". He never said Kadri sits on the coach and prefers to eat potatoes chips over carrots, he was simply using that as an analogy.

People are reading too much into this.
It was a personal attack....semantics will not change that.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
The Kulemin contract is not as bad as it's made out to be. Yes I see where Cherry and anyone else who questioned the contract are coming from. But his his prime years are still ahead of him and I for one am a believer that he will rebound next season. The question is are we paying a 30+ point player that money or are we paying a 30 goal scorer that kind of money. If it's the later it's a steal if not then it's only a 2 year deal.

As for Kadri, I am not too concerned about the body fat thing, If Roberts is outraged by the comment then I am confident that Kadri has improved and been working on his strength and conditioning. The % of body fat thing is not that big a deal, if he came into camp was out of shape then yea I would be concerned. Body fat is not a great way to measure how fit someone is as everybody's body and the way it stores and rate it burns fat is different. But over the next few weeks the body fat thing won't be that much of an issue as it will most likely fall away as the season gears up.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
The difference is, the media would have never known about his fat content if Eakins didn't say anything. This wasn't a practice or game situation that the media could see.
Are you ignoring the fact that Eakins was specifically asked about Kadri? He didn't just walk up to the microphones and decide that he was going to throw Kadri under the bus so that the media could eat him alive. He was asked a question and instead of being dishonest, he told the truth. If the alternative to the truth is silence, you can't honestly believe that the media wouldn't also take that and run with it and perhaps make even more grossly exaggerated assumptions than what they already have.

Unless of course people prefer to have a coach who just lies.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:43 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Are you ignoring the fact that Eakins was specifically asked about Kadri? He didn't just walk up to the microphones and decide that he was going to throw Kadri under the bus so that the media could eat him alive. He was asked a question and instead of being dishonest, he told the truth. If the alternative to the truth is silence, you can't honestly believe that the media wouldn't also take that and run with it and perhaps make even more grossly exaggerated assumptions than what they already have.

So? Don't say say anything.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

The reason why Kulemin ONLY got paid 2.8 million per season was because he had a bad year. The kid scored 30 god damn goals only a season ago. I'm very happy with his contract.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
So? Don't say say anything.
You clearly didn't read the rest of my post. Never mind then.

Old
10-02-2012, 06:52 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

There's a lockout going on and this guy is tweeting about the treatment of a Marlies player. Cherry used to be somebody. Now he's just an old guy complaining about the weather

Old
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

I have proven Don Cherry 100% right about fans/media's treatment of Kulemin, but i still think that Kadri is an underachiever up to this point.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:06 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Does anyone know what Kulemin's Qualifying offer was?

Old
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post

How about stating that we have not finished with the tests and those numbers are not shared with the media as we use them to help each player over the course of the season. Not go off on a rant!

Old
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
Does anyone know what Kulemin's Qualifying offer was?
Don't know the exact figure but what ever it was had to be a least 10% more then what he was making prior I believe.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:16 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygeek View Post
There's a lockout going on and this guy is tweeting about the treatment of a Marlies player. Cherry used to be somebody. Now he's just an old guy complaining about the weather
Really and this is coming from who? He is bang on in his assessment of the mistreatment of Kadri.....

Old
10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
How about stating that we have not finished with the tests and those numbers are not shared with the media as we use them to help each player over the course of the season. Not go off on a rant!
Except that testing results have been released before. Not specific numbers but the general tone of the tests have been shared with the media, to say that they do not provide that information is disingenuous and a bold faced lie.

And he didn't go off on a rant...part of the problem is the fans. You can't control what the media puts in the paper but you can certainly control being gullible to every exaggerated tale they publish.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:21 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

What virtue is there in sticking up for Kadri and in the same turn throw Kuli under the bus? Cherry is using the media to bash another Leaf.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:29 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Quote:
Really and this is coming from who? He is bang on in his assessment of the mistreatment of Kadri.....
Coming from me. I never said I gave a shat about it. I said Don Cherry has lost his relevance.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:31 PM
MapleReef

Absolutely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Kadri hasn't done **** and has high expectations. Can't baby prospects , he's already 22(in a couple days) . How many years do we have to say"we'll next year" by then he'll already be 30 and still in the AHL.
This guy is a sucker for punishment. How many training camps now and still not in the show. His mouth has done more than his game has ever done. 4th year pro soon....time to s*it or get off the pot. Guys was a 7 pick and has not cracked our non playoff roster yet in three tries. He can't beat out Bozak who everyone loves to dump on. Blame Wilson...no chance. You are now trained from the age of 4 and the best make it and the rest don't. Time for him to decide. Either dominate the AHL or shut up and learn to be a good 3C first and then we'll see from there. Hate to say it but another one of those guys who has all the tools and will never make it because he just doesn't get it.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
NewFang

For a fat guy, he sure gets knocked off the puck alot.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleReef View Post
This guy is a sucker for punishment. How many training camps now and still not in the show. His mouth has done more than his game has ever done. 4th year pro soon....time to s*it or get off the pot. Guys was a 7 pick and has not cracked our non playoff roster yet in three tries. He can't beat out Bozak who everyone loves to dump on. Blame Wilson...no chance. You are now trained from the age of 4 and the best make it and the rest don't. Time for him to decide. Either dominate the AHL or shut up and learn to be a good 3C first and then we'll see from there. Hate to say it but another one of those guys who has all the tools and will never make it because he just doesn't get it.

he speaks for me.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Aplayaz2000

cherry is in a way correct

he does shed some light on Kadri

Old
10-02-2012, 07:41 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
he speaks for me.
Lmao, what a surprise.

Old
10-02-2012, 07:49 PM
ldnk

Quote:
Or you could always try the old:

"He looks better than he came into camp last year. Like all of our young kids, we want to push them to be the best they can be and we all need to work hard to achieve that goal There is work to be done to get everyone into mid-season form and one of our main goals heading into the season is to get there as fast as we can."

It states the positives -
1- that he was in better shape than last year
2- that he fared better in some of the on-ice workouts and max sprint exercises
3- that the team needs to keep pushing him to be the best he can be physically
4- that he isn't going to throw a big carrot on the ground for the rapid media masses

Old
10-02-2012, 07:51 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleReef View Post
Kind of hard to be "in the show" when "the show" isn't even on

Closed Thread