HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Cherry Critical of Leafs treatment of Kadri. Angry about Kulemin

Closed Thread

Old
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
The Kessel Run

vCash: 500
Just when I think the media can't be any more silly when it comes to the Leafs....

Old
10-02-2012, 08:21 PM
LeafsRReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
facepalm central

why are you comparing DE to Randy Carlyle in the first place? did Carlyle make a comment too? what are you talking about.

on a more important note. are you saying that the potato chip diet is better? are you really saying that based on RC's career vs. DE career?
Pretty simple really. Much too much weight (no pun intended) is being given to body fat % by Eakins. Carlyle was viewed in his day as being stout or portly and it didn't stop him from being a Norris Trophy winner and a multiple All-star. If a player's body fat percentage becomes too high then it becomes a hindrance. Unless Kadri has reached that point, Eakins comments are simply facile. We might as well go out and draft all the marathon runners we can get our hands on. Super low body fat.

Old
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Cherry is spot on, although the thread title is misleading, I don't believe he is actually angry about Kulemin. He was just using him as an example as someone who performed poorly but doesn't get criticized at all compared to Kadri.

I wonder why the media hasn't even bothered to speculate who the other 2 guys in the bottom 3 for fat levels were?

Old
10-02-2012, 08:59 PM
LeafsRReady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
Cherry is spot on, although the thread title is misleading, I don't believe he is actually angry about Kulemin. He was just using him as an example as someone who performed poorly but doesn't get criticized at all compared to Kadri.

I wonder why the media hasn't even bothered to speculate who the other 2 guys in the bottom 3 for fat levels were?
I know the question is rhetorical but the truth is someone has to finish last and unless they are grossly out of shape it's completely irrelevant. For all we know it could have been Gardiner. Someone posted earlier that he looked like he gained weight over the summer. We'll never know because Dallas only chose to reveal Kadri's standing in the bottom 3 or 5.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
I think it's just the fact that Kadri went under rigorous training program under Roberts, and many expected some results. However, it looks like he took a step back. He was also talking as if he had seen improvement in his body, but this result seem to say otherwise.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsRReady View Post
I know the question is rhetorical but the truth is someone has to finish last and unless they are grossly out of shape it's completely irrelevant. For all we know it could have been Gardiner. Someone posted earlier that he looked like he gained weight over the summer. We'll never know because Dallas only chose to reveal Kadri's standing in the bottom 3 or 5.
Well if they are making Kadri look so bad and saying he has unacceptable body fat levels, surely the other 2 must be as bad or worse, no?

Edit: I don't actually care, just goes to show how poorly Kadri is treated here. By MLSE and the media.

Last edited by MapleLeafs9: 10-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old
10-02-2012, 09:13 PM
mikeo1

Quote:

Because it doesn't matter, and everyone knows it. Not that they'll let that stop them for using it for their agenda.

This was an attempt by Eakins to reign in the hype and expectations for Kadri this season, and he screwed up. There is no other correct interpretation of events.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:28 PM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Because it doesn't matter, and everyone knows it. Not that they'll let that stop them for using it for their agenda.

This was an attempt by Eakins to reign in the hype and expectations for Kadri this season, and he screwed up. There is no other correct interpretation of events.
the best i've ever seen kadri at in his young career was the first pre season he played for us. He was on fire, scoring all kind of goals, setting up team mates, hitting, scoring shootout winners... all the confidence in the world and DESERVED a spot on that opening night roster. Wilson for someone odd ****ing reason bashed him, they sent him to the minors ........ they continuted bashing him in the media till he had ZERO confidence. Wilson ruined him as a prospect. Wilson ruined Kadri... he could have been something special. I fully believe Kadri can be a good player in the NHL, but its not going to be in Toronto... and thats the only reason i would trade him. It's to bad. The history of not being able to develop within continues

Old
10-02-2012, 09:31 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:

Because nobody asked and nobody would care.

As for the media, see Franson. But hey, it sells papers, gets hits right?

Old
10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post

It was Eakins answering a question on the spot. I hope we hear no complaining going forward when all they get for answers is 'no comment'

Old
10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnk View Post
Or you could always try the old:

"He looks better than he came into camp last year. Like all of our young kids, we want to push them to be the best they can be and we all need to work hard to achieve that goal There is work to be done to get everyone into mid-season form and one of our main goals heading into the season is to get there as fast as we can."

It states the positives -
1- that he was in better shape than last year
2- that he fared better in some of the on-ice workouts and max sprint exercises
3- that the team needs to keep pushing him to be the best he can be physically
4- that he isn't going to throw a big carrot on the ground for the rapid media masses
If only he had a speech writer there to pre-answer his questions..... If only.....

Old
10-02-2012, 09:50 PM
thecatch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeeEddie View Post
If only he had a speech writer there to pre-answer his questions..... If only.....
People complain about the media... but for the love of Pete figure it out. It's sensationalist and nobody, anywhere in this organization seems to have any accountability in what they say.

If I knew my coworker blogged everything I said I probably wouldn't openly admit that my manager was lazy and incompetent.

You know, good old common sense relative to your surroundings.

Or keep on using hyperbole and turnaround and say "Well I didn't know it would be blown out of proportion"... it happens every SINGLE time. So either you're stupid or you just don't give a ****.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
I don't know why it's breaking news every time Don Cherry has an opinion

Old
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Prophet Kadri

Eakins/the media blew this way out of proportion. What Cherry is trying to point towards is that Kulemin is well known to be one of the best shaped guys on the Leafs. And he played like hot garbage last season, Kessel is not a fitness freak either yet he had his best season last year.

I think a prerequisite to be a Maple Leaf organizatinoal coach is to have a big mouth and to speak without thinking. We need to look at our players performance on the ice not some body fat percentage.

Old
10-02-2012, 09:54 PM
disgruntleddave

vCash: 50
He has a bit of a point, but the vast majority of the problem is because the media, and all of us sensationalize everything.

If kadri is mentioned to have made a bad play defensively, it's OMGz0rs kadri is terrible defensively and that's why he's in the minors. Then when he's in the minors, it's because omgz0rs burke is treating him like crap.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:08 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Except that testing results have been released before. Not specific numbers but the general tone of the tests have been shared with the media, to say that they do not provide that information is disingenuous and a bold faced lie.

And he didn't go off on a rant...part of the problem is the fans. You can't control what the media puts in the paper but you can certainly control being gullible to every exaggerated tale they publish.
Can you provide a link where testing results have been released.....seeing as how this is Dallas first time running training camp in this manner you will not be successful in finding links.....so stop calling me a liar and prove me wrong.

I also formed my opinion by watching the interview on the Leafs web site.....so no media influence was required.....now what?

Old
10-02-2012, 10:11 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Eakins/the media blew this way out of proportion. What Cherry is trying to point towards is that Kulemin is well known to be one of the best shaped guys on the Leafs. And he played like hot garbage last season, Kessel is not a fitness freak either yet he had his best season last year.

I think a prerequisite to be a Maple Leaf organizatinoal coach is to have a big mouth and to speak without thinking. We need to look at our players performance on the ice not some body fat percentage.

Too funny..... Both Burke and Dallas are legends......at least in their own minds.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch22 View Post
People complain about the media... but for the love of Pete figure it out. It's sensationalist and nobody, anywhere in this organization seems to have any accountability in what they say.

If I knew my coworker blogged everything I said I probably wouldn't openly admit that my manager was lazy and incompetent.

Or keep on using hyperbole and turnaround and say "Well I didn't know it would be blown out of proportion"... it happens every SINGLE time. So either you're stupid or you just don't give a ****.
Except he didn't say that. The only common sense in this market is 'No comment' and even then, it will be turned against you.

The media in this market turns everything into the end of the world. It's a freaking ging show. Kessel, Kadri, Franson, anything to make a buck. And we eat it up.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
The Apologist
Kessel Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Can you provide a link where testing results have been released.....seeing as how this is Dallas first time running training camp in this manner you will not be successful in finding links.....so stop calling me a liar and prove me wrong.

I also formed my opinion by watching the interview on the Leafs web site.....so no media influence was required.....now what?
So you saw the interview before reading this thread or the article? You went in without any preconceived notions?

Old
10-02-2012, 10:15 PM
ldnk

Quote:

Well, sort of. I think it has far more to do with poor Canadian Kadri getting held back while Ruskie Kulemin get fed with a golden spoon in Cherry's eyes.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:

i thought it was the fans that were blowing it out of proportion.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:34 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch22 View Post

Yeah...I dont think sports jocks are known for their intelligence.

Old
10-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Wilson ruined him as a prospect. Wilson ruined Kadri... he could have been something special. I fully believe Kadri can be a good player in the NHL, but its not going to be in Toronto...
oh come on

i dont think Kadri is going to let one coach ruin him

Old
10-02-2012, 10:54 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

I think like anything, there is just so much media on Toronto that they miss nothing and amplify everything. So a comment like that from Eakins turns into this mega story, whereas in Dallas the same thing would hardly get radio time.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Yes, clearly the organization's fault Kadri was bragging about his new regime under Roberts and then turned out to be pretty much in the worst shape of ANYONE coming into camp. Shut your yap kid, unless you can back it up, which you haven't yet. Shhhhh!
When was he bragging?

Closed Thread