HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

No more Season Ticket Books - Replaced by Blue Jackets Season Pass

Old
09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
cbjfan

vCash: 500
No more Season Ticket Books - Replaced by Blue Jackets Season Pass

Just got a brochure in the mail about the new Season Pass digital ticket system that will be introduced when/if the season starts. There will be no more paper tickets or season ticket books. The Season Pass is a plastic card that will be swiped to allow entry into Nationwide.

I will miss getting the season ticket books each fall. It was something I always looked forward to.

cbjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:15 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

I have a half season PSL account of my own, then split a full season plan with 2 others in club. This is going to be a real pain for the folks who split plans among a group. Having paper tickets was much easier to divvy up and keep rack of.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Crede777
Deputized

... What?

I have my own PSL and my father has his own. We share with 2 other guys we work with so that we may have 4 seats to the games. How are we supposed to share now? How are we supposed to sell or give away tickets we can't use?

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:36 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Wow, just came here to post this is the dumbest, most selfish move I have seen from a sports franchise in a LONG time. I really hope this doesn't catch on. This is just flat out lunacy.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:41 PM
EspenK

Not a season ticket holder but this is really dumb. How are you supposed to give away tickets or as others have mentioned share splits. Blue Jacketesque for sure.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
... What?

I have my own PSL and my father has his own. We share with 2 other guys we work with so that we may have 4 seats to the games. How are we supposed to share now? How are we supposed to sell or give away tickets we can't use?
There is an option, as there always has been, to go online and print tickets.

I have donated tickets to local charities and having the nice, fancy, professionally printed tickets in the raffle baskets are so much nicer than a sheet of copy paper printed with the ticket info.

I like the card idea... in ADDITION to the paper tickets, not in place of them.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

This is stupid and complicated for sharing PSL/season tickets - and I get Derby's point about donations. Not good. Just coming in to share that there's a whole boatload of info on this:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=82888

Nothing like the CBJ having the email address of the person to whom you're forwarding tickets, hm?

Old
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

And if you forget your pass, after a freebie, there is a $10 reprint charge onsite. Lose your card, or it is stolen, $20 for each card to be replaced.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:56 PM
cbjfan

The Columbus Blue Jackets....always on the leading edge of stupidity.

I wonder what other teams (if any) do not provide printed tickets anymore. Probably none if I had to guess.

cbjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Cavs in Cleveland have a key fob thing, but I am unsure if it is in addition to or in place of their paper tickets.

I like the key fob/card idea...but in addition to the hard tickets so I can share them more easily.

What a colossal PITA for those of us who break a full season among partners. Each game must be printed individually. Can't even do a "mass printing" of all the seats and then divide them up.

Old
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan View Post
The Columbus Blue Jackets....always on the leading edge of stupidity.

I wonder what other teams (if any) do not provide printed tickets anymore. Probably none if I had to guess.
Phoenix

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:03 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

The Cavs also have an inventive and creative way of doing their flash seats. Especially with the licence program. Also, I'm pretty sure their season tickets still come in a book.

This seems like a cost cutting move. Skimpy one at that. Going to cause a lot of problems.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Just got a response from an online Cav's rep. Cavs have also moved to paperless. The difference being that prior years STH have been "grandfathered into" still receiveing paper tickets.

It would have been a nice thing for CBJ to grandfather current STH in the same way.

Just burns me that I have to print my shared plan tickets. Also, putting two pieces of printer paper into a kid's Xmas stocking isn't quite the same as those nice glossy tickets. Same goes to donations for charity auctions, company gifts, etc. STH tickets looked really nice!

They are touting the flexibility of forwarding tickets via email and printing tickets at home. We've had that option before. Nothing new or innovative there. They just yanked the paper tix. Only change from last year.

More convenient, less expensive for them. Pain in the rump for us.

I wonder what focus group thought this was a great idea? I bet there was none. Again, I like the card, but as an addition to not instead of ticket books.

Old
09-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Frank Booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Cavs in Cleveland have a key fob thing, but I am unsure if it is in addition to or in place of their paper tickets.

I like the key fob/card idea...but in addition to the hard tickets so I can share them more easily.

What a colossal PITA for those of us who break a full season among partners. Each game must be printed individually. Can't even do a "mass printing" of all the seats and then divide them up.
Cavs/Monsters is either or. You either have paper tickets or flash seats. Not both. And you use either a drivers license or a credit card at the gate to gain entrance. And if you have a parking pass in the Gateway garage, you can use it there, too.

Frank Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:32 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 305
Will this affect the availability of seats on Stubhub? I know STH's like to post their seats on there, where they can actually get money for their seats. Where as on ticket exchange, a minimum price is set, and tickets dont get sold, because of cheaper options.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Will this affect the availability of seats on Stubhub? I know STH's like to post their seats on there, where they can actually get money for their seats. Where as on ticket exchange, a minimum price is set, and tickets dont get sold, because of cheaper options.
Yes, and no. There is a feature on stubhub where you can upload the PDF tickets that are available to STH online. STUBHUB buyers then get them instantly and print them at home. However, there has always been an option to send buyers the hard tickets instead.

Last year when we did roadtrips and I bought the tickets via stubhub from STH in Detroit, Philly and ST Louis, I opted for the hard tickets so I could keep them as momentos of our trip. PDFs aren't the same for gifting. The Philly roadtrip was a gift for my kids, and they still have the tickets. (even though the game was a disasterous blowout...)

Old
09-07-2012, 04:43 PM
jag72

I can really see how this would be a PITA for those that share plans but I don't have a problem with it and actually like the idea. Then again I don't share my tickets and if I do give some to friends I already just use the site to forward the tickets to them via email. Really don't care if I have a book or a card as the tickets are normally just trashed after the game anyways.

The only thing that I hope is that they at least provide some nice tickets for the All Star game if still held. I would like to be able to keep those in pristine condition.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 05:40 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

This is likely a way to reduce the secondary market. Without paper tickets, the scalpers outside are going to find it very difficult.

This will raise the street price of tickets and in a way, it does help protect the value of season ticketholders' "investment." If this team ever gets good and tickets are in demand and valuable, it will also restrict the opportunity to make a profit on them as well. If the Leafs did this, they would lose about half of their season ticket sales

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 05:43 PM
ZachACA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
I can really see how this would be a PITA for those that share plans but I don't have a problem with it and actually like the idea. Then again I don't share my tickets and if I do give some to friends I already just use the site to forward the tickets to them via email. Really don't care if I have a book or a card as the tickets are normally just trashed after the game anyways.

The only thing that I hope is that they at least provide some nice tickets for the All Star game if still held. I would like to be able to keep those in pristine condition.
Finally. You guys are complaining about this...when we don't even know if we have a season this year. Is this for backup, so when they announce the season is on and then we can b*tch about this? I love some of the tickets I have but man, get over it. And you also don't know if you can't talk to the ticket office about getting multiple cards that you can put specific tickets on so each person who shares in the PSL gets a separate card. The funny thing will be when in 3 seasons no one cares about this anymore.

ZachACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 06:28 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

I have no problem with the card idea, but as a ticket collector I am disappointed that I will no longer have real tickets.

One thing that does not make since is that they state this will be "Eco-friendly"(yuck), how eco-friendly is this when the ticket scanner has to print you a pass at the door?

I will be emailing my ticket rep to express my disappointment and every STH on here should do the same.

09-07-2012, 06:43 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Just noticed that they screwed up the game check list in the back of my packet. It's titled Partial Season Plan Checklist, but the list is for all 45 home games. Guess My card will be loaded with all games (in my dreams lol).

One last thing. The All Star Game is listed on the check list. I am going to be pissed if we do not get real tickets to it.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Just noticed that they screwed up the game check list in the back of my packet. It's titled Partial Season Plan Checklist, but the list is for all 45 home games. Guess My card will be loaded with all games (in my dreams lol).

One last thing. The All Star Game is listed on the check list. I am going to be pissed if we do not get real tickets to it.
You are supposed to check the list yourself for the game you have.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:23 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
You are supposed to check the list yourself for the game you have.
That's just stupid if that's the case. In order to check off my games that means I all ready have a list of my games (and I do) to use to check games off, so what's the point of the check list?

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2012, 07:39 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachACA View Post
Finally. You guys are complaining about this...when we don't even know if we have a season this year. Is this for backup, so when they announce the season is on and then we can b*tch about this? I love some of the tickets I have but man, get over it. And you also don't know if you can't talk to the ticket office about getting multiple cards that you can put specific tickets on so each person who shares in the PSL gets a separate card. The funny thing will be when in 3 seasons no one cares about this anymore.
Not sure why you quoted me as I was not complaining about it. I actually like the idea of the card in place of the tickets. I can just see how it could possible be a PITA for some.

Old
09-07-2012, 07:41 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
One thing that does not make since is that they state this will be "Eco-friendly"(yuck), how eco-friendly is this when the ticket scanner has to print you a pass at the door?
Not all STH's will get a pass printed at the door. I think it is pretty much only the flex plans that will get the pass printed. Full STH's will have their seat information printed on the card itself.