HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Coach Evaluations

Old
10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
hardplay555
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Coach Evaluations

Is your club having parents do evaluations on their coaches?

hardplay555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 01:09 PM
LateNightOilerFan

My association always does this, but I'm not sure what the response rate is. Often the coaches/managers mention the opportunity to the parents/players. The league gives the blank forms to the team managers to distribute to the parents. The managers can collect them or there is a drop-off box in the rink, either way you can put it in a sealed envelope as they leave it up to the parents if they want to complete anonomously or put their names on the form. There is also a section for the player to complete or for the parent to ask the player what they liked/didn't like and write in their responses. You can also write comments about other team staff and about activities.

It's done near the end of the season. As far as I know, the executive actually do look at them and provide a summary of feedback to the coaches, but I'm not sure if the coaches have to request it or not. I think it's along the lines of 'no news is good news'. There have been a few times where if there are enough negative comments, or a consistency in negative comments then the following year the coach doesn't get a team.

LateNightOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
youthoftoday

I'm on the board for my son's club. We sent out evaluation forms via email at the end of last season and received 1 back and we have about 70+ kids on 5 teams. I think we would get more of a response if we did paper forms which were handed back in to the team manager. You're really only going to get responses from those who are unhappy, but most of them won't do it if its not anonymous.

youthoftoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

My club does...

My clubs a joke though...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2012, 08:40 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
our association does, last year i had 16 kids and had 2 parents respond.

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote