HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2012, 04:01 PM
CM PUNK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
I hope he is much better than that. Mitchell was never a solid prospect, hopefully Jean can be more than that.
be great if jean can be more than that and he turns out to be a steal for us. but mitchell has played 220 nhl games and, while he has his issues, is a pretty servicable bottom 6 guy. if you sign an undrafted guy after a prospect camp and he goes on to play 220 nhl games for you then you should be thrilled. if he becomes more than that then you are doing cartwheels

Old
10-15-2012, 04:43 PM
eco's bones

Separating the vet forwards--Newbury, Haley, Kolarik and Segal from the prospect forwards--Kreider, Miller, Jean, Yogan and Thomas with Hrivik and Bourque out injured. The most likely to play in the NHL this year with any regularity are Kreider and Haley. Jean might be next if he can produce consistently. All of the vets have played in the NHL quite a bit except for Kolarik who Torts seemed to like a lot a couple years ago. So far of the prospects--Kreider, Jean and Miller are playing pretty well. Yogan has enough size and skill but has to use it. Thomas I have some doubts about. Like Bourque he has skill but his lack of size is a problem. Little guys have to do extra things sometimes--they've got to be pro-active and aggressive in the way they play their game. For every Martin St. Louis and Brian Gionta you have 10 Corey Locke's.

On defense the only real prospect of any note is McIlrath who is still recovering from his injury. Collins, Vernace and Gilroy are all vets who can fill in in an emergency but depending on any of them for an extended time would not be a good thing.

Old
10-15-2012, 05:04 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Nice overview on the positives of the first two games from the Whale's commentator:

http://bobcrawfordscorner.wordpress....t-of-the-gate/

Old
10-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Separating the vet forwards--Newbury, Haley, Kolarik and Segal from the prospect forwards--Kreider, Miller, Jean, Yogan and Thomas with Hrivik and Bourque out injured. The most likely to play in the NHL this year with any regularity are Kreider and Haley. Jean might be next if he can produce consistently. All of the vets have played in the NHL quite a bit except for Kolarik who Torts seemed to like a lot a couple years ago. So far of the prospects--Kreider, Jean and Miller are playing pretty well. Yogan has enough size and skill but has to use it. Thomas I have some doubts about. Like Bourque he has skill but his lack of size is a problem. Little guys have to do extra things sometimes--they've got to be pro-active and aggressive in the way they play their game. For every Martin St. Louis and Brian Gionta you have 10 Corey Locke's.

On defense the only real prospect of any note is McIlrath who is still recovering from his injury. Collins, Vernace and Gilroy are all vets who can fill in in an emergency but depending on any of them for an extended time would not be a good thing.
they need more depth....its a shame that Mikhail Pashnin and Pavel Valentenko rather stay in russia... Rangers can use some more defensive depth prospects in the AHL...they got some in juniors and college but those are 2-3 years away

Old
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Osminator

From the AHL website:

10/15/2012 Scott Pitt (LW) CT DEL Released from PTO

10/15/2012 Shayne Wiebe (C) CT DEL Released from PTO

Old
10-15-2012, 07:11 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
From the AHL website:

10/15/2012 Scott Pitt (LW) CT DEL Released from PTO

10/15/2012 Shayne Wiebe (C) CT DEL Released from PTO
Guess the injured forwards are ready to go.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:11 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Good news. This means that Hrivik can play on the second line with Jean and Miller while Yogan finds his game on the third line.

Whale offensive production should increase with Hrivik, the D should get better with McLIrath, and the goaltending should improve when Talbot is ready.

Old
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Good news. This means that Hrivik can play on the second line with Jean and Miller while Yogan finds his game on the third line.

Whale offensive production should increase with Hrivik, the D should get better with McLIrath, and the goaltending should improve when Talbot is ready.
Edit: never mind - misread your post.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:35 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post

Amen, having Hrivik back should be good! Not sure how soon McI will be back, I believe I read he just started skating again not too long ago. And yes, hopefully Talbot can pick it up where he left off.

Anyone know if Bourque and Wilson are out long term?

Old
10-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Amen, having Hrivik back should be good! Not sure how soon McI will be back, I believe I read he just started skating again not too long ago. And yes, hopefully Talbot can pick it up where he left off.

Anyone know if Bourque and Wilson are out long term?
Granted I haven't seen Bourque in quite some time, him and Hrivik possibly could help HFD alot. They did not have much offensive power after the first line...

Old
10-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
So what is the lineup right now up front?

Old
10-16-2012, 01:47 PM
cwede

current Whale roster up front is 14 F's including Bourque, Hrivik and Wilson (who all missed both weekend games):
Ryan Bourque, Tommy Grant, Micheal Haley, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean,Chad Kolarik, Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Kris Newbury, Brandon Segal, Kelsey Tessier, Christian Thomas, Jason Wilson, Andrew Yogan.

With 8 D on roster, they could dress 7\8 D sometimes.
Niemi has played wing, but I'd keep him at D, learning under Beuk

Old
10-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
current Whale roster up front is 14 F's including Bourque, Hrivik and Wilson (who all missed both weekend games):
Ryan Bourque, Tommy Grant, Micheal Haley, Marek Hrivik, Kyle Jean,Chad Kolarik, Chris Kreider, J.T. Miller, Kris Newbury, Brandon Segal, Kelsey Tessier, Christian Thomas, Jason Wilson, Andrew Yogan.

With 8 D on roster, they could dress 7\8 D sometimes.
Niemi has played wing, but I'd keep him at D, learning under Beuk
thanks man, Will be interesting to see if the NHL gets back for a 1 week training camp who out of this roster actually goes to the camp? It interferes with the AHL season right?

I imagine they just send Kreider who likely is a Ranger to start and maybe 4 others tops. 1 G, Gilroy on D, Miller and or whoever else is playing well?

Old
10-16-2012, 03:27 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
thanks man, Will be interesting to see if the NHL gets back for a 1 week training camp who out of this roster actually goes to the camp? It interferes with the AHL season right?

I imagine they just send Kreider who likely is a Ranger to start and maybe 4 others tops. 1 G, Gilroy on D, Miller and or whoever else is playing well?
it won't be a normal training camp. due to time constraints it will basically be the 22-23 man nhl roster and thats it...there will be no preseason either.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
it won't be a normal training camp. due to time constraints it will basically be the 22-23 man nhl roster and thats it...there will be no preseason either.
true but with Gaborik hurt they only have 11 NHL forwards by my count so it leaves the guys in CT battling for playing time.

Call me crazy but I throw Miller on the 3rd line for the time being. Pyatt, Boyle, Miller

With Gabby out .......Kreider, Richards, Nash.....Hagelin, Stepan, Callahan

4th line is set with Rupp, Halpern , Asham......and I dont really trust any of those guys getting alot more time

Old
10-17-2012, 12:18 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
true but with Gaborik hurt they only have 11 NHL forwards by my count so it leaves the guys in CT battling for playing time.

Call me crazy but I throw Miller on the 3rd line for the time being. Pyatt, Boyle, Miller

With Gabby out .......Kreider, Richards, Nash.....Hagelin, Stepan, Callahan

4th line is set with Rupp, Halpern , Asham......and I dont really trust any of those guys getting alot more time
gaborik's 'replacement' in the lineup will most likely be the guy that would have been the 13th or 14th forward and still part of the 22-23 man roster. likely to be a few extra guys and hopefully miller is one of them but i'm thinking 26-27 guys compared to the normal cap of 45-50

Old
10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
gaborik's 'replacement' in the lineup will most likely be the guy that would have been the 13th or 14th forward and still part of the 22-23 man roster. likely to be a few extra guys and hopefully miller is one of them but i'm thinking 26-27 guys compared to the normal cap of 45-50
yea ur likely right about that total........was thinking Haley is going to be the spare but can you see him on the 3rd line? I cant see Rupp, Halpern or Asham up there either..........with that I go with whoever is playing best in the AHL, so Gernander makes that call.

Old
10-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Joey Bones

Haley=Prust. He should be the call up. Newbury also.... Gotta give him some credit.

Old
10-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

There are going to be plenty of marginal players (and some better veterans who make too much) available if and when the new CBA is signed. It's very possible that the Rangers will add one of them (salary cap permitting) over any the players currently playing for the Whalepack. We all know how much Sather likes to gamble on "diamonds in the rough" discarded by other teams.

Old
10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
There are going to be plenty of marginal players (and some better veterans who make too much) available if and when the new CBA is signed. It's very possible that the Rangers will add one of them (salary cap permitting) over any the players currently playing for the Whalepack. We all know how much Sather likes to gamble on "diamonds in the rough" discarded by other teams.
Arnott would be a nice pickup. 3rd line C move Boyle to wing with Halpern 4th line. buuuuut likely wont happen since Torts likes Boyle

Old
10-19-2012, 09:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Oct 19, 2012 10:17a

Good news every one! Thanks to all of my friends, family, and fans for all of the support! Now the real work begins #gotime

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/dylan_mcilrath/st...97146346541056

Old
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Cleared for skating. It took 14 weeks for the injury to heal properly.

Old
10-19-2012, 10:49 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Sent: Oct 19, 2012 10:17a

Good news every one! Thanks to all of my friends, family, and fans for all of the support! Now the real work begins #gotime

sent via Twitter for iPhone
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/dylan_mcilrath/st...97146346541056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Cleared for skating. It took 14 weeks for the injury to heal properly.
Finally some GOOD news!

Old
10-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Johnny8242

Send a message via AIM to Johnny8242
Greenville will try to get their first W of the season as they take on in state rival South Carolina Stingrays. This is Greenville's home opener and will be the first Game with Scott Pitt, Shayne Wiebe, Rob Kwiet on the team.

Old
10-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Levitate

Anyone find any streams for tonights game?

Closed Thread