HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV/Books/Movies/Music/Video Games) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2013, 12:31 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Good morning. I love Rose Leslie. Alright see ya later!

I live about 20 minutes from her hometown. is that a claim to fame? i dont care, im taking it anyway XD

Old
05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
EliasFTW

GoT wow just awesome.

Tywins scenes still awesome

Old
05-05-2013, 11:06 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

I wonder if non-book readers found some of those scenes confusing.

Namely, the Melisandre/Gendry scenes.

As always, another extremely good episode.

Last edited by B A T M A N: 05-05-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old
05-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Just discovered this band thanks to TPB. Great job as usual, my Swedish brothers, you definitely can find some great talent out there.

Love their work.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Ripshot 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Good morning. I love Rose Leslie. Alright see ya later!

I love the fact that this comment didn't come until the episode where she takes off her clothes lol. Darn those large deceiving winter coats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
I wonder if non-book readers found some of those scenes confusing.

Namely, the Melisandre/Gendry scenes.

As always, another extremely good episode.
I'm not a GoT book reader and I wasn't confused by anything last episode that I can recall. What in particular are you referring to?

Btw... Question I asked yesterday regarding the beginning of the season...

Spoil:

With the way season 2 ended, what happened? I thought season 3 would be an all out fight at the wall. Is there something I'm not supposed to know or are they just not showing that? I'm not big on seeing spoilers ahead, so if its something coming up then don't ruin it please.

Old
05-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Ripshot 43

Also...

If anyone has a Game of Thrones chart that shows the characters and their connections to the families in the show, it would be much appreciated. I'm already normally bad at knowing characters names on shows but this show just takes it to a whole new level

I just looked up the one name that was mentioned and yes, I didn't know why that character was involved in the way he was this episode.

Old
05-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshot 43 View Post
Also...

If anyone has a Game of Thrones chart that shows the characters and their connections to the families in the show, it would be much appreciated. I'm already normally bad at knowing characters names on shows but this show just takes it to a whole new level

I just looked up the one name that was mentioned and yes, I didn't know why that character was involved in the way he was this episode.
http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/season3/#!/guide/houses/

This really helps with the run-up to the tv show too. http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/season3/#!/appendix/

"Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception." - Carl Sagan
Old
05-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Ripshot 43

Great! Thank you RG.

For readers of the books...

Would you suggest reading the books and "spoiling" the show that way or letting the show play out and reading after?

Old
05-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Also...

Old
05-06-2013, 01:39 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Quote:
I love the fact that this comment didn't come until the episode where she takes off her clothes lol. Darn those large deceiving winter coats

I'm not a GoT book reader and I wasn't confused by anything last episode that I can recall. What in particular are you referring to?

Btw... Question I asked yesterday regarding the beginning of the season...

Spoil:

With the way season 2 ended, what happened? I thought season 3 would be an all out fight at the wall. Is there something I'm not supposed to know or are they just not showing that? I'm not big on seeing spoilers ahead, so if its something coming up then don't ruin it please.
I was talking about the first few scenes of the episode.
Spoil:
With Melisandre, Arya, Thoros of Myr and company. I don't recall that happening in the books.

As for your question...

Spoil:
The fight for the Wall is coming. Don't you realize that? Wildlings have just climbed the Wall. You think the Men of the Night's Watch are just going to take it? It's just a matter of WHEN that war is coming. And I will not spoil that. But yes, it is coming, and it's a full out WAR, bigger than Season 2's war in Kings Landing.

It is also due to the sheer budget of it.

Quote:
Great! Thank you RG.

For readers of the books...

Would you suggest reading the books and "spoiling" the show that way or letting the show play out and reading after?
Completely up to whatever someone wants. I've read all of the books, and I'm enjoying seeing it all come to life. But at the same time, I know when everything is coming, so the shock value is limited (but it's still there).

Something big is coming very soon, and I know it's coming, but it'll still be huge. I just imagine non-book readers minds will MELT when they witness it.

Old
05-06-2013, 01:42 PM
B A T M A N
Risen

Also, how about Theon's storyline? Man, they really cast a great psycho to play _______.
Looks like we will find out who he is soon, but not yet. Gotta keep the mystery alive!

Old
05-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Ripshot 43

Quote:
I was talking about the first few scenes of the episode.
Spoil:
With Melisandre, Arya, Thoros of Myr and company. I don't recall that happening in the books.

As for your question...

Spoil:
The fight for the Wall is coming. Don't you realize that? Wildlings have just climbed the Wall. You think the Men of the Night's Watch are just going to take it? It's just a matter of WHEN that war is coming. And I will not spoil that. But yes, it is coming, and it's a full out WAR, bigger than Season 2's war in Kings Landing.

It is also due to the sheer budget of it.

Completely up to whatever someone wants. I've read all of the books, and I'm enjoying seeing it all come to life. But at the same time, I know when everything is coming, so the shock value is limited (but it's still there).

Something big is coming very soon, and I know it's coming, but it'll still be huge. I just imagine non-book readers minds will MELT when they witness it.
I ment regarding the white walkers

Spoil:

The end of season 2 showed all of the "undead" headed towards the wall and then this season hasn't show anything with that. So far we've seen the Wildings and Jon Snow.

Thanks Getzo, I actually found those exact ones and saves the ones with the family breakdowns. Hoping to find one with the other main characters and families now!

Old
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

Game of Thrones was epic. Epic I say.

Also, just watched Queen and U2's performances at the Live Aid Concert in '85...WOW.

Freddie Mercury was great, beyond talented and someone who knew how to play the crowd. Sad there aren't more artists like him around today. Bono's mullet is amazing and "Bad" is possibly one of the best performances live I've seen. Powerful stuff.

Old
05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
No way man. I've been saying I would boyfriend Ygritte so hard for over a year now. Rose Leslie is nice too.

Old
05-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

it would be nice if fun. would make songs like this again instead of all of the autotuned **** from their 2nd album

also this is my new favorite video ever

Old
05-07-2013, 07:44 PM
EliasFTW

Thats right she has been kissed by fire

Old
05-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Ripshot 43

Has anyone seen Iron Man 3 yet?

Overall it was mediocre for me besides a few fight scenes. One reveal really threw me for a loop and kindve put a sour note on the rest of the film.

Old
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
PourSomeMcDavidOnMe

vCash: 461
Quote:

Overall it was mediocre for me besides a few fight scenes. One reveal really threw me for a loop and kindve put a sour note on the rest of the film.
No but I did see Dark Knight Rises finally and despite liking how it began and ended, I kind of thought it was mediocre compared to the others.

And can Nolan please stop using the same actors in all his movies? I thought maybe I was 4 levels deep in inception at one point. A couple of repeats is ok but when you have 5 actors common to key characters in both movies it becomes distracting and pulled me out of the movie a bit.

Michael Caine = Alfred = Miles
Tom Hardy = Baine = Eames
Joseph Gordon-Levitt = Blake = Arthur
Marion Cotillard = Miranda = Mal
Cillian Murphy = Dr. Crane = Robert

I did love the ending though. Didn't know anything about it and never saw it coming.

Old
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Also, how about Theon's storyline? Man, they really cast a great psycho to play _______.
Looks like we will find out who he is soon, but not yet. Gotta keep the mystery alive!
Man that kid has very quickly jumped up the sadist ladder. Love is acting in those scenes. And the horn was a great call back to Season 2. "If you think this has a happy ending...you haven't been paying attention" Did he just basically sum up the whole show?

I am not a book reader, though a few things have been spoiled for me. Still simple paying attention it is easy to figure out who this kid is at this point. They are throwing red herrings out there, but just the setting and things that happened at the end of season 2 make it clear.

Also another gem of a quote. "The laws of my fist are about to convene with your teeth" LOVE Blackfish!!!

Old
05-09-2013, 01:52 AM
Volchenkovs Face

In case anyone who is interested hasn't seen it yet the Ender's Game trailer. Be warned, its a pretty poopy trailer.

Old
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
B A T M A N
Risen

I think I just died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Man that kid has very quickly jumped up the sadist ladder. Love is acting in those scenes. And the horn was a great call back to Season 2. "If you think this has a happy ending...you haven't been paying attention" Did he just basically sum up the whole show?

I am not a book reader, though a few things have been spoiled for me. Still simple paying attention it is easy to figure out who this kid is at this point. They are throwing red herrings out there, but just the setting and things that happened at the end of season 2 make it clear.

Also another gem of a quote. "The laws of my fist are about to convene with your teeth" LOVE Blackfish!!!
It definitely is a very good summary of the whole series, pretty much. And I love that they're giving us an idea as to who this psycho is. After all, he will be a very hated person soon, so why not see just how much of a monster he is? Worse than Joffrey, by a hundredfold. I didn't think we'd see him so soon, but I'm glad we did. They're showing us a lot of potential storylines that will play big factors in the coming 2-3 seasons, which is always nice.

Hahahha, I love the Blackfish and Edmure scenes. Blackfish is especially a great casting, as usual. I can count only on one hand the amount of actors on this show that I don't agree with being casted. Considering this show has... 22 important characters actively, that's pretty ****ing impressive.

Slight spoilery thoughts:
Spoil:
Also, if there is anything to go on by the Tywin and Olenna scene, I think Ros' death is going to escalate them to make some big moves very soon. Which is strange, because Ros is the show's only original character, that never appeared in the books. Should be interesting to see if that's what happens.

Last edited by B A T M A N: 05-09-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old
05-09-2013, 10:54 AM
njdevil26

First there was Shaun of the Dead... then there was my personal favorite movie Hot Fuzz.... now the third in the trilogy: The World's End
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-4c8U-mUI

Can someone teach me to upload youtube videos?! lol

Old
05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
EliasFTW

Quote:
First there was Shaun of the Dead... then there was my personal favorite movie Hot Fuzz.... now the third in the trilogy: The World's End

Yes sweet

Old
05-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Scott04

Quote:

Saw it the other day. I enjoyed it. Not quite as much as the first two, but I thought it was pretty solid. I actually do like how I'm hearing some differing opinions on it, be it overall feeling about the movie, specific plot points, and/or relation to the comics. The first two were much more universally accepted, so I do enjoy the variety of responses to it. Makes for better conversation.

Old
05-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:

Oh hell yes, I am definitely going to see this as soon as it comes out.

Closed Thread