Watching HC Davos hockey games

Old
09-19-2012, 08:06 AM
CAN
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Watching HC Davos hockey games

Hello everyone!!

I live in North America and i wanted to watch the HC Davos hockey games online and i was
curious if anyone knew of a site where i could do that?
I do not mind paying for the site my only concern is being able to watch the games. If anyone
has any information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

CAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 10:05 AM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN View Post
Hello everyone!!

I live in North America and i wanted to watch the HC Davos hockey games online and i was
curious if anyone knew of a site where i could do that?
I do not mind paying for the site my only concern is being able to watch the games. If anyone
has any information it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
This is going to be difficult.
I can show you links to the highlights of the games, but I can't guarantee, that they will work outside of Switzerland.

You can try it:
Teleclub Highlights (only goals)
Swiss Television Homepage (Less comfortable to use as an english-speaking person. Just search for "NLA Davos" at the top-right corner)

I doubt that there are livestreams of the games, since most games aren't even shown on TV. At least I haven't ever seen any on the most common streaming websites. But you're probably luckier than me.

EDIT:
If you are really lucky, you will be able to achieve a Swisscom (swiss telecommunication company) login as a foreigner. Swisscom is working together with Teleclub to be able to stream all the games on their website. But it's expensive as hell: $6 per game. I can gather further informations and PM you later if you are interested.

Last edited by TheNeutrality: 09-19-2012 at 10:19 AM.
TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Puckinright
i like hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
I can show you links to the highlights of the games, but I can't guarantee, that they will work outside of Switzerland.

You can try it:
Swiss Television Homepage (Less comfortable to use as an english-speaking person. Just search for "NLA Davos" at the top-right corner)

I doubt that there are livestreams of the games, since most games aren't even shown on TV. At least I haven't ever seen any on the most common streaming websites. But you're probably luckier than me.

EDIT:
If you are really lucky, you will be able to achieve a Swisscom (swiss telecommunication company) login as a foreigner. Swisscom is working together with Teleclub to be able to stream all the games on their website. But it's expensive as hell: $6 per game. I can gather further informations and PM you later if you are interested.

Could you also please PM me if you can find info on Swisscom? Are NLA games usually on the weekends?

Puckinright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2012, 12:15 PM
CAN
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post

You can try it:

EDIT:

I am totally fine paying $6 a game i would just like to be able to see them consistently without any hiccups if that is possible.

If there is a way and you did not mind helping me out i would be very appreciative.

Let me know and thank you very much again.

Old
09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
CAN
Rookie User

I am very interested and i am okay paying $6 per game if you have any more information where i can watch the games live that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again

Old
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Bad news, folks.

In german, but I translate the important part for you:

Quote:
On the computer
- Your location needs to be in Switzerland. The usage abroad isn't possible for legal reasons.
So they technically disabled IPs that are not from Switzerland. Theoretically, you could use a proxy, but your data stream would be way too slow to stream the game properly.

I'm really sorry, but I couldn't find anything more. So you have to pray for streams on the already known pages over the internet (can't give you adresses because of the board rules), or you have to live with highlight videos (showed you the links in my first post).

I'm really sorry, but I can't help you guys.

Old
09-20-2012, 01:14 PM
ElTailR

I really don't like our system... The only lna games I watch on TV are the one on RSI and RTS.. I don't like Swisscom TV having all the rights

ElTailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
stv11
Global Moderator

Swisscom TV has no rights, it's an IPTV system, not a broadcaster. Teleclub owns the right and happens to be available through Swisscom TV.

Anyway, it's the best thing to happen to hockey fans in Switzerland. Public TV held the rights for years and never did anything with it except for one season (91-92) when there was one live game every week. For years, hockey on TV was TSI broadcasting Lugano vs Ambrž four times and then 5 games for each playoff round.

I have no idea how anyone cannot like what's available now.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
st3ncil

you can use a proxy in switzerland so you could use the swisscom tv

st3ncil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2012, 11:49 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ncil View Post
you can use a proxy in switzerland so you could use the swisscom tv
Not really.
Swisscom TV needs a Login for Swisscom Services, which can be achieved by
a) having a mobile phone with Swisscom as provider
b) having an Internet connection with Swisscom as provider

For case a), you have to come to Switzerland for a day to set up the contract in a Swisscom Shop.
And for case b) you need to live in Switzerland.

Old
09-21-2012, 11:11 AM
ElTailR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Swisscom TV has no rights, it's an IPTV system, not a broadcaster. Teleclub owns the right and happens to be available through Swisscom TV.

Anyway, it's the best thing to happen to hockey fans in Switzerland. Public TV held the rights for years and never did anything with it except for one season (91-92) when there was one live game every week. For years, hockey on TV was TSI broadcasting Lugano vs Ambrž four times and then 5 games for each playoff round.

I have no idea how anyone cannot like what's available now.
Thanks for the info. I don't remember Public TV (I'm probably too young). I don't like the system because if you don't have any Swisscom thing (like I am), I can't watch anything... And that's a shame

ElTailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:25 AM
holyprime

The only possible way to watch the games legally would be to know someone here in Switzerland that would "vouch" for you.

Like TheNeutrality already said, you need at least a residential adress here to be able to pay for the games (not necessarily a phone). The geoblocking isnt that much of a concern, i used to watch certain games abroad as well (at least its not as bad as nhl streams are here ).

There will be some playoff games in Free TV, but i'd guess we all hope that there's finally a new CBA at that time.

holyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2012, 11:33 AM
holyprime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTailR View Post
Thanks for the info. I don't remember Public TV (I'm probably too young). I don't like the system because if you don't have any Swisscom thing (like I am), I can't watch anything... And that's a shame
It was a lot worse before, because SF broadcasted almost no game at all, only the highlights like they still do. Now you can pay a single fee if you like for any game you want to see on Swisscom TV, or get the package for the whole season from Teleclub.

The only bad part about it is that its almost impossible to watch a single game legally if you are not living here.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:05 AM
muskoka
Rookie User

Hi there-

I have access to the site because I have a swiss address that I was able to register with. Does anyone know how to find the actual link to the game now?

muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2012, 10:32 AM
holyprime

Sport Events sorted by NLA:
http://web.tvonline.swisscom.ch/#en/...KEY_NLA/Browse

However, i can't see tonights game from Davos there, or is this included in the "Konferenz"?

edited the link to the english page.

Old
09-22-2012, 01:02 PM
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyprime View Post
Sport Events sorted by NLA:
http://web.tvonline.swisscom.ch/#en/...KEY_NLA/Browse

However, i can't see tonights game from Davos there, or is this included in the "Konferenz"?

edited the link to the english page.
Sadly, yes

I'm watching the conference right now and Nash scored his first goal a few minutes ago. So yes, it's included.

EDIT:
Aaaaaand goal #2 for Nash.

EDIT:
Hattrick Rick Nash, still the first period of the game (SH, assist by Joe Thornton).

Last edited by TheNeutrality: 09-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old
09-22-2012, 06:43 PM
CAN
Rookie User

me again

Hey everyone.

I am have a friend who lives in Switzerland and has an address and was able to get me the log in name and password for the Swisscome site.
My next questions is am i able to watch them in North America or is there an IP address issue?
If anyone has any info it would help out alot

Thank you,

Old
09-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Oppa
#FunMustBeAlways

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAN View Post
Hey everyone.

I am have a friend who lives in Switzerland and has an address and was able to get me the log in name and password for the Swisscome site.
My next questions is am i able to watch them in North America or is there an IP address issue?
If anyone has any info it would help out alot

Thank you,
Try a Swiss proxy

Oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 05:09 AM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Yeah, a Swiss proxy and the Schweizer Fernsehen page work just fine for the highlights.

Tatanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2012, 06:13 PM
mrthemike

Send a message via AIM to mrthemike Send a message via Yahoo to mrthemike
You can always try TUNLR and Zattoo. That will allow you to watch TV through Zattoo. There's also an android app called SFStream and you can watch Sportaktuell (recap of sports). But if you don't speak the language it might be a bit of a pain.

Last edited by mrthemike: 09-23-2012 at 06:21 PM.
mrthemike is offline   Reply With Quote